• Published 25th May 2018
  • 1,512 Views, 115 Comments

KONO DIO DA: 『Over Friendship』 - DIO Brando

  • ...
2
 115
 1,512

Make a 『Stand!』

The house was a mess now, Twilight and DIO watched as the old rivals fought once more. With every thundering clash of the Stand's fists, every shaking of the ground, it seemed almost futile to watch. The length of the fight, and the unrelenting force of both stand users was a grim reminder of the nature of the human world. The cruelty of the everyday, the thoughtless conflict, all manifested into a single moment, a single battle; a battle between an otherwise normal teenager, and a heartless serial killer.

But was he heartless?

All this time, Kira thought not of himself, but of Lyra. He had no time to question the feelings any longer, he decided he had an attachment to her. Her strange, and possibly deranged compassion for him, it gave him strength. Strength to fight Josuke with a power he never had before. Something even the Arrow couldn't accomplish. He didn't need Sheer Heart Attack, he didn't need Bites the Dust, all he needed was that feeling of compassion that he was so new to. That gave him strength, and as he thought of what he was fighting for, he began to overwhelm Josuke.

Josuke, noticing his sudden strength, refused to let his pride fall before the monster, continuing to fight until he could no longer. With several minutes of wordless combat, determination on both sides, Kira's newfound feelings had given his stand the strength to overcome Crazy Diamond. As Kira noticed his imminent victory, he looked into the eyes of his rival, and asked him a simple question.

"What do you fight for, Higashikata?" he shouted, continuing to dodge the blows of Crazy Diamond, and landing a few of his own, "Do you fight for your own sense of morality? For an ambiguous law decided by people above you? You may know how to fight for the dead, but can you fight for the living?!"

"Don't bring gramps into this!" Josuke shouted, landing a heavy blow to Killer Queen's chest, knocking Kira back a bit, but Kira was not phased. His expression, filled with a stern and unstoppable determination, was held perfectly in the moment as Kira struck back with a single shout.

"FALL!"

Killer Queen launched a single punch, not at Crazy Diamond, but at Josuke himself, closing in on his face. For a moment, Josuke saw his death in front of him, the end of everything.

To Kira's confusion, however, this did not happen. The fist of Killer Queen instead met the bare palm of DIO. The striking force capable of knocking a human skull straight off the neck wasn't enough to even break the skin of DIO.

"Humans talk too much," He said, crushing the fist in his hand. Kira retracted his stand, looking at his hoof which was now shattered and bleeding.

"Kira!!" Lyra shouted suddenly, tears building up in her eyes again as DIO approached Kira.

"Perhaps it was a mistake to trust a Joestar to get the job done," he said, feeling at home with his sense of cruelty as he planned on making quick work of Kira's life. Kira looked up to him with a hateful glare, knowing he could not combat this monster that, even without stand power, was surely not human.

"Do what you must. . ." Kira said quietly, before looking at Lyra. "I've found my resolve."

"As you wish," DIO said, rearing back a fist. Kira turned back, closing his eyes as he accepted his fate.

"NO!" Lyra shouted. As DIO began to throw the fist forward, an object flew past his hand. Before he knew it, his hand was laying on the floor, blood spurting out of his arm. Kira opened his eyes, wondering what strange fate had come upon him to cause such a thing.

Both DIO and Kira expressed confusion, turning to see Lyra, who had something behind her. Her expression was changed, the tears nearly evaporated from the anger she felt. A non-magical aura surrounded her, as the figure behind her began to manifest.

"No way. . ." Josuke said, looking in awe as Twilight stood beside him, looking away from tending to his wounds.

"Lyra. . ." Kira said slowly, observing the towering figure behind her. It's appearance was feminine, having an equine-like head with a chain wrapping around the neck several times. It had no legs below the fading torso, but four arms each with a hand that had a different symbol on it. One of a clock, one of an X, one of a Y, and one of a Z. It was surprising to all, and nearly impossible, but Lyra, in that moment of stress, had developed a very powerful stand.

"Two against me," DIO smirked, as his hand simply grew back, "then the fight is a fair one."

Lyra looked at him, narrowing her eyes.

"You talk too much."

Without warning, a barrage of objects with impossible geometries appeared from thin air, launching DIO out of the side of the house. Kira quickly retreated behind Lyra. Before anything else could happen, a shout could be heard from the other side of the house.

"ZA WARUDO!"

BWOWOWOWOWTiktiktiktik...tik

DIO got up from the rubble of the house around him, stepping back into the now-ruined building as he walked towards Lyra and Kira in frozen time. While he had many questions of the stand's abilities, he didn't want to give her a chance to strike back. The World drew back a fist, throwing it directly towards Lyra's face before it was caught.

"What?!" DIO said, looking to see that Lyra's stand had caught it, and that, in fact, Lyra was not frozen at all.

"What do you think?" Lyra asked with a smirk, "I think I should call it. . .Forthcoming."

"Impossible!" DIO exclaimed, looking at the hand that had caught The World. He noticed the Clock, and the letters. "This stand is far too powerful for an equine like you!"

"In that moment that it appeared, it seemed to stop time for an eternity," Lyra admitted, "and as it did, I began to realize all that it could do. I began to see it's full potential, something that wouldn't just defeat you, but anypony in my or Kira's way. Something that could give me anything I wanted."

"So you're the one with the stand power," DIO said, "the one that Luna spoke of!"

"Oh, no," Lyra laughed, "That's somepony else, but I figure you will never find out."

A fist was driven through DIO's chest, as time resumed. Forthcoming withdrew it's hand, allowing DIO to fall onto the floor in defeat as a small gateway opened behind Lyra and Kira, allowing them a swift escape. No one could have predicted it, but the influence of stand power in Equestria was beginning to cause normal ponies to develop stand power for themselves.

Lyra was the first, but surely not the last.

Author's Note:

I decided to give Lyra a stand literally today. I mean like, literally thirty minutes ago I was like "That'd be a fun idea to play with". I know someone in the comments said there was "too much going on", and you're probably right. But I'm having fun with this, that's all I care about. Keep up everyone, we're almost through this last part of KDD. Give it like, three more chapters or something I dunno.