• Published 25th May 2018
  • 1,513 Views, 115 Comments

KONO DIO DA: 『Over Friendship』 - DIO Brando

  • ...
2
 115
 1,513

What is Power?

". . .and like, he just appeared there and was all serious like 'That's a really good point', and then went to sleep!" Rainbow Dash finished explaining, slightly mocking DIO's voice unintentionally.

"Strange, he doesn't typically go to sleep until the sun is really bright out," Fluttershy said, with a bit of a worried tone.

"He has only been here for a little over a week, perhaps it's regular for him in the other world!" Twilight replied, attempting to keep an optimistic tone. Unfortunately, Fluttershy is able to read anyone and anything quicker than anybody, so what she says about people is quite truly based on some kind of psychological fact that was just impossible to understand aside from the fact she was the element bearer of Kindness.

The three were conflicted in thought, sitting in silence until Josuke walked in. They all stared at him, making him a bit anxious.

"O-oh, am I interrupting something?" Josuke said, smiling awkwardly. The three in unison shook their heads, realizing how accidentally awkward they just made it.

"Oh, no please, take a seat!" Fluttershy said with a warm smile.

Josuke nodded, looking at the others as he took a seat. The seat, of course, not being made to withstand the weight of a human, snapped underneath him. Fluttershy let out a gasp as she quickly jumped forward to see if he was okay.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" she said, "that chair was really weak, I should have told you!"

"I-its fine, I just need to. . ." Josuke said, summoning his Stand as the chair was restored to perfect condition. He took a seat in it after brushing himself off. "There, all fixed."

"Can Lord DIO's Stand do that?" Fluttershy asked with awe. Josuke looked at the other two, who were also amused.

"W-well, I'm not sure, you'll have to ask him," Josuke replied a bit nervously at the fact that they seemed to be totally aware and okay with the fact he had a Stand. Were they all Stand users too? He hadn't thought about it before, but come to think of it, they were all totally aware of both his and DIO's Stands, it was certainly uncanny.

"Can yours stop time?" Twilight asked, lighting her horn to teleport a paper and quill. Josuke hesitated a moment before answering.

"Well, no, but it does have the ability to repair anything except for me," he said.

"Short range, immense power and precision?" Twilight followed up. Josuke hesitated once more before answering.

"Yes. . ."

"You're not uncomfortable are you?" Twilight asked, looking up with a bit of concern.

"A little bit. . ." Josuke said with an awkward smile.

"She likes learning things at nearly any cost," Rainbow chuckled. Twilight's eyes widened as she turned around suddenly.

"Rainbow Dash! You're making it sound like—" Twilight said suddenly before stopping as she realized everyone in the room was staring at her. Feeling her face begin to flush from embarrassment, she growled writing down notes as she quickly walked out of the room. Rainbow Dash started to laugh a bit as she turned her attention to Josuke.

"So, you're part of some family line that DIO was sworn enemies to? What a coincidence," she said with a grin, taking a swig of apple cider.

"I did not know, I was only told that DIO was a long-gone threat," Josuke replied, a bit at ease with the more down-to-Earth talk.

"How does friendship work in your world then?" Fluttershy asked. Josuke thought for a moment.

"Well, if you do something good for somebody, and they do something good back, you become friends, and if you get along very well, you remain friends or become close friends." Josuke said. Fluttershy scratched her head.

"So like, no magic or anything? Everyone has a Stand instead I guess?" Rainbow asked. Josuke shook his head.

"Stand power isn't all that common, unless, of course, you find yourself in some odd circumstances," Josuke said, "and, magic is typically just illusions and tricks, or some absurd practice of 'dark arts' that some questionable people go into. Other than that, it's not real."

"Well, Friendship can't work without magic, how is that possible?" Fluttershy asked. Before Josuke could answer, Luna stepped in.

"Fluttershy, would you kindly fix a breakfast for us? It is quite late in the morning, you know," Luna said with a smile. Fluttershy shook her head immediately as she got up.

"Of course, Princess!" Fluttershy said with a smile. As she did, Rainbow Dash, feeling awkward, got up, following her to the kitchen. Luna took a seat, looking at Josuke.

"I understand you have no ill will towards us, which I greatly admire of you," Luna said, "but I do not believe that the minds of my subjects are prepared for the atrocities contained within your world."

"Y-yes, of course, your highness," Josuke replied, not exactly sure how to address her.

"You can call me Princess Luna," she said with a warm smile, giving Josuke a bit of comfort, "I've seen a bit of your world through DIO, but I’m still curious to know more about it.”

“With all due respect, Princess Luna,” Josuke said carefully, “if it is too much for them because they don’t live in that world, would it not be too much for you?”

“It’s my duty to understand these things, even if it would cause me pain,” Luna replied, looking down, “if your world threatens ours, then I must know how to combat it.”

Josuke nodded, beginning his explanation.


Kira stared blankly at his Stand, as it tossed a ball of yarn back and forth. Lyra came in with a smile, placing down a tray of food onto the table beside the bed.

“There you go, I fixed your favorite!” she said, before noticing his blank stare, “What’s wrong?”

“Killer Queen. . .is not supposed to be doing that,” he said slowly as his expression changed to an unamused frown. He lifted his hand, clicking his thumb down like a button as the yarn suddenly vaporized. Killer Queen’s eyes widened as it looked back at Kira with a comically large frown. Lyra couldn’t help but to chuckle, trying to silence herself at the sight of Yoshikage’s visible frustration.

“Well, it does look like a cat. . .” Lyra pointed out. Kira glanced at her, then back at Killer Queen.

KIRAKUIN! RETURN!” he shouted. The Stand slowly got up, fading away with a frown. “Does this Stand suddenly possess sentience, or is it something with this world?”

“He doesn’t seem to be harming us, and it is kind of cute,” Lyra pointed out, “who would suspect something so cute to be ‘evil’? If you think about it, wouldn’t it help?”

Kira thought silently for a moment, before nodding slowly.

“That’s an incredible point. . .but it’s admittedly painful to my ego. . .” he said quietly. Lyra chuckled.

“Awh, don’t be so silly,” she said with a gleeful smile, “in your world it might be different, but here you’re more a badass than anypony I know.”

Kira smiled a bit, his confidence being restored at the remark of someone he had at least some slight concern for. Though it was conflicting, the development of their ‘relationship’, he dare say. Would he truly just begin to care about somebody? An equine, at that? Perhaps it was just advantageous to have her as a companion, and nothing more. He dismissed the thought, taking a bite of his food.

“Oh, by the way,” Lyra said, “I’ve figured out a very complicated spell to block my dreams from Princess Luna.”

“Very complicated, you’ve found it out rather quickly, then,” Kira said, looking up at her as he took a sip of coffee.

“I’m a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so I always figured that the Princesses were up to no good, snooping in my dreams. . .either way, I’ve put it off out of laziness but upon finding you, I really wanted to learn it so we’d never be caught, I even kept myself up for a few nights!” Lyra said with a smile. Kira nodded.

“But, if you hide your own dreams, won’t she notice?” Kira asked, looking at her. She thought for a second.

“That. . .is a fair point. . .” she said quietly, a bit embarrassed.

“It’s a perfect start,” Kira said quickly, taking note of her embarrassment, “perhaps you should modify the spell to disguise your dreams instead, that way they don’t stick out.” Lyra smiled a bit, nodding.

What am I thinking?

“Y-you’re really smart!” she said suddenly with a smile.

“Perhaps, but I’m not the one who came up with the spell,” he smiled back.

Why am I doing this?

Lyra blushed, suddenly hugging him.

And he hugged her back.

. . .

“Are you purring?”

Kira’s eyes widened, as he turned around to see Killer Queen purring delightfully.

“GHCK!” He poured some water on the Stand, causing it to make an angry cat noise and fade away again.

Lyra just chuckled.


Blackness, this time. Like that long century of sleep underwater; it was just blackness. DIO sat, hovering in the midst of an empty dream world. Thinking, thinking still. He lifted a hand, as he watched back over a few memories.

"I once studied that there was a way to speak to your own consciousness within the confines of a dream," DIO said aloud, recalling the bits of recreational reading he had done in his own world during his stay in Egypt, "if that is so, do come forward."

DIO waited for a moment, lowering his hand as the screen went away. As he turned around, it seemed like a mirror, a reflection of himself, even in the blackness. When he turned to the side, his reflection following, he exposed the Joestar mark on his neck, but the reflection did not have the same mark. Suddenly the reflection grinned.

"Clever," it said, taking a seat on the air as DIO had prior. DIO kept a straight face, never having done such a strange thing before.

"A part of the brain that creates dreams, personified within those dreams," DIO recalled, "a self-aware, direct conduit of information."

"Yes, it seems you've spent too much time fighting in the conscious realm to solve the wars in your own mind," the reflection said, keeping a relatively light tone and direct eye contact, "perhaps it's good for all of us that you're here now."

"I've also read where particular humans would ask to see images of God, or to unlock memories, and answer questions, how much of this is possible?" DIO asked. The reflection chuckled.

"I'm not sure how you got this information, it's ahead of your time," it replied, "however, I can tell you that all of this is possible in a way. However, in your recreational time, you can do what you like. Right now, there's an important issue that I've noticed that you've been prevented from noticing."

"And that would be. . ?" DIO asked, raising a brow. The reflection became more serious, with a much darker tone as it leaned forward.

"There is something wrong with this land," the reflection warned, "something large, a force you or I have never witnessed before. There's a reason that Stand users alone are being taken in from another world into this one."

"And that reason would be?" DIO asked. The reflection shook it's head.

"I do not know," it admitted, "all I can do now is make you aware, so that it doesn't continue to deceive you."

DIO remained silent for a moment.

"Yes, deceive you," the reflection continued, "this power works in the mind, but only on a conscious level. Here, you're totally protected by it, with the exception of. . ."

They both turned to see Luna, who was standing in awe of something she had never seen before. DIO grew a frown, glaring at Luna.

"What have you hidden from me?" he asked. Luna sighed, shaking her head.

"Only what I know," she admitted, hanging her head. The reflection vanished as DIO and Luna carried on their conversation.

"And that is?" DIO demanded, becoming impatient.

"These 'Stands' that you have, they're not limited to your world alone," Luna explained, "it was said that there were only two creatures in all of Equestria with the ability to manifest their psychological energy into a physical form with unique abilities, but we never found out who the second one was, or what they could do."

"And the first? Who would that be?" DIO asked.

"Me."

Author's Note:

There seriously is a tie-in for everything, you all just wait it's gonna be good.

DIO talking to his reflection is based on scientific concepts of lucid dreaming that I personally have stressed and studied on in my own interest of dreams and psychology. Of course, DIO makes it look easy, kek.