• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 1,508 Views, 22 Comments

Villains orientation guide: the Dazzlings - Kaliann25



Sonata calls the Black Hat organization for help.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,508

The missing files of Canterlot High

02: The missing files of Canterlot High

Like any other morning, Sonata tried to convince Adagio and Aria to join her for school. But, as always, they turned their backs on her, and locked themselves in their rooms.

Sonata didn’t say anything, at this point she was pretty much used to this.

But, that day, when she returned from school, she found a pleasant surprise on her mailbox. It was an envelope, with a printing of a black hat.

“Great!” cheered Sonata, as she went inside her home. “Good afternoon!”

Adagio and Aria turned her heads from the TV to her, and made a small nod. Before turning back their attention to the sitcom they were watching.

“Good, the TV is on!” said Sonata happily.

Adagio and Aria ignored her.

They didn’t even react when Sonata took the DVD and changed the channel.

“You organized another of your movie nights?” asked Adagio, uninterested.

Sonata smiled sadly.

Precisely, several of her multiple attempts to cheer up Adagio and Aria, included organizing movie nights, game nights, dinners, etc. But it never worked.

Hopefully, today would be different.

“Yes, another movie night!” said Sonata. “Now sit down, and pay attention.”

In the old times, Adagio would insult her. Now, she didn’t care.

With a sigh, Aria and Adagio patiently waited for the stupid movie to finish, so they could go back to their rooms, and do nothing.

Sonata opened the envelope, only to find several catalogs, a coupon, and, a DVD. Smiling, Sonata showed her sisters her newest acquisition.

“What do you think?”

“As long as this movie isn’t about how to defeat the Rainbooms, I don’t care.” said Adagio.

Sonata winked an eye to her, and put on the ‘movie’.

“Congratulations!” said the voice of a narrator. “If you’re watching this, you have decided to stop being a pathetic nuisance to become a worthy opponent, buying the villain orientation from Black Hat Organization!”

It appeared what it looked like an office, with the walls covered in gray wallpaper, with a strange-looking top hat pattern. Also, there were several TV screens behind a red velvet chair.

“Get ready to know what NOT to do with, the lost files of Canterlot High!” finished the narrator.

Finally, the velvet chair turned, revealing a tall man with gray skin, green fangs, and sinister black eyes. And, of course, he was wearing a black hat.

“Welcome, vermins from the abyss, obscure creatures, despicable INSIGNIFICANT BIENGS, DISGRACES!”

The image was interrupted, only to reassume, showing a more calmed Black Hat looking at the camera.“I’m Black Hat. But you already knew that, because you bought my Villain Orientation video from Black Hat Organization. Where I laugh at the pathetic shames of the forces of evil, and you give me your money!”

Adagio and Aria turned to Sonata, who nodded enthusiastically. “Keep watching! This video is the solution to all our problems!”

On the video, Black Hat continued: “Today we’re going to evaluate a team of villains, from a faraway land. A trio of…”

And, most to Adagio and Arias’s surprise, the image of the three of them appeared on screen.

The image switched back to Black Hat, who smashed his desk with his fist.

“Teenagers?! Flug, what’s the meaning of this?”

The camera moved to a wimpy-looking man, dressed with blue jeans, red snickers, yellow rubber gloves, a T-shirt with a drawing of a plane crashing; and a lab coat. He was also wearing a paper bag on his head, for some reason.

Also, he seemed really scared by the man in the black hat.

“Ehem, boss, Mister Black Hat, sir. Apparently, they have magic powers, sir.”

The camera moved back to Black Hat, who seemed more relaxed. Even in a very good mood.

“Magic powers, huh?”

He generated a powerful red aura on his hand, and looked to the camera with the edge of his hand. “This better worth my time.”

Adagio and Aria shivered, feeling like he was staring directly at them. Even if it was impossible.

“Sonata…” mumbled Adagio.

“Yes?”

“This better worth our time.”

Sonata nodded, truly happy. It was the first reaction she got from Adagio in a long time.

Then, the video showed them a scene from their past: the three of them singing on a cafeteria.

The three sisters frowned, remembering that night. It was the night before they tried to attack Canterlot High.

They saw themselves singing, causing everyone around to start fighting, and the three of them feeding from the energy of the conflict.

The image froze, and went back to Black Hat.

“Sing? That’s their power? THIS IS PATHETIC! THAT’S NOT HOW YOU CREATE CONFLICT, THIS IS HOW YOU CREATE CONFLICT!”

Black Hat took a remote control from one of his desk’s drawers, and he pressed a button. One of the screens behind him showed a nuclear missile coming from an unknown location, and detonating in a random city.

Then, the scene went back to the girls at the cafeteria, where they were discussing how to get the Equestrian magic they just detected.

And what do we have here?” asked Black Hat’s voice. “A bossy leader, who doesn’t know how to make her subordinates to respect her!”

“Hey!” Adagio complained at the TV.

“That who doesn’t matter if she is there or not…” said Black Hat’s voice.

“Go to hell!” shouted Aria.

“And, the dumbass.” Finished Black Hat, as the camera centered on Sonata. “Is it just me, or these trio is destined to failure?”

Sonata simply pouted, but didn’t say anything.

The scene changed, showing the Dazzling’s first encounter with Sunset Shimmer.

They saw how Sonata almost revealed her true identity to the girl, and then, how Adagio violently pushed her away when Sunset tried to touch their gems, arguing that they meant a lot for them.

Black Hat face-palmed. “The dumbass, I understand. This kind of people are useful when you need to sacrifice someone. But the leader just gave the hero a hint of their power source! How stupid is she?”

Adagio grinded her teeth, but couldn’t say anything to the screen. But she swore that Black Hat was staring at her.

He continued. “And worse, she made the hero to mistrust her from the very beginning. The FIRST thing you should do is to gain the heroes’ trust, so you can stab them in the back later. Why did they name her leader on the first place?”

Then, the scene switched, to them entering to the school’s cafeteria, hypnotizing everyone with their singing except for the Rainbooms.

“Rookie mistake! Before you start taking over a territory, first you have to make a quick recognition to the terrain. Now, the heroes know about your powers, and plans. And it won’t be long until they call for reinforcements!”

The video showed Sunset using her magic book, and then, Princess Twilight coming to rescue.

Black Hat sighed, exasperated.

“Precisely what I said. I’m started to think the carrot head is the real idiot of this group. Not the smiley one!”

Aria chuckled, as Adagio crossed her arms in anger.

“Who do you think you are?!”

Sonata gulped nervously, starting to think calling Black Hat wasn’t a very good idea after all.

Then, the TV showed Twilight Sparkle and the others holding hands and saying:

“Friendship is Magic!”

Nothing happened, and the scent went back to Black Hat.

“Friendship is Magic, Friendship is Magic.” he mocked. “How can you possibly defeat someone with something as pathetic as friendship?”

Then, the TV showed Adagio approaching to Twilight. And it froze.

“You have one chance, carrot head. What are you going to do? Everyone is hypnotized except for them. Destroy them now that you have the chance.”

But instead, Adagio just made fun of Twilight.

Black Hat smashed his desk with his two fists. “Let me see if I get this right: you had the heroes’ leader at your mercy. And all you can think of is to laugh at her? LAUGH AT HER?”

Much to the Dazzlings’ horror, Black Hat turned into a horrible monster, only to get back to normal immediately after. “Now I’m pretty sure that the idiot of this group is the carrot head! Why don’t you exterminate the heroes when you had the chance? NOW IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME FOR THEM TO DEFEAT YOU!”

Adagio trembled, something about Black Hat truly scared her.

The video showed several scenes of the battle of the bands, but Black Hat decided to skip those.

“Boring!”

Then, it showed Adagio convincing Trixie to capture the Rainbooms.

“Finally this joke of a leader does something competent! She convinces someone dumber to do her dirty job.”

“Sorry for trying!” replied Adagio weakly.

The Rainbooms were captured, but the video showed how Spike escaped.

“Another rookie mistake! The tiny sidekicks are not to be underestimated. They are mostly ignored by villains, but they can surprise you from time to time. They can also call for help when it’s needed.”

Then, the scene showed the Rainbooms fighting, feeding the power of the Dazzlings.

Black Hat groaned.

“Why do I always have to deal with this level of incompetence? Conflict only makes friendship stronger. In order to destroy a friendship, you must EXTERMINATE AT LEAST ONE OF THE AFFECTION EMMITING PARTIES. TWO IN A GROUP AS BIG AS THIS!”

An aura of pure evil came from the TV, making the Dazzlings to shrink on their seats. It was almost like Black Hat was in the room with them, and not in video.

Finally, the being continued talking.

“You feed from conflict, you say? Then force them to a situation they have no choice but sacrifice one of them! What friendship survives that?”

Then, the, it was shown how Vinyl Scratch and Spike came to the rescue.

“And, the tiny sidekick called for help, just as I predicted.”

And finally, it was shown how the Rainbooms used the Power of Friendship to defeat them for good.

“Friendship?” asked Black Hat. “For real? FOR REAL?”

He turned into a horrible monster again. “Enough. I cannot watch more of this! This trio cannot be more pathetic. I’ll summarize these idiots’ mistakes in three basic points:

Number one: they did not studied the terrain before acting.

Number two: they did not exterminated the heroes, even if they had multiple chances.

And number three: they did no hire the services of Black Hat Organization!

“I told you, it was a trio destined to failure.” Said Black Hat. “When you mess up as much as they did, you have only two choices. Feel sorry for yourself for the rest of your pathetic life…”

The TV showed clips of the Adagio and Arias’ depression.

“Or contact now Black Hat Organization.”

A number appeared on screen.

666 EVIL 666

The DVD burned, much to the girls’ horror.

“Sonata… how much you spent on this?” asked Adagio after a while.

“Nothing. The evaluation is free as long as we agree to be a part of Black Hat’s orientation villain guide.”

She showed them the envelope.

“They also sent me a catalog, and a fifty percent discount on our first purchase.”

“Purchase?” asked Aria.

“Yeah, they sell all kinds of weaponry to destroy the heroes in our lives.” Said Sonata.

“Do not dare to spend any money on this!” said Adagio. “I don’t want to have anything to do with that being ever again!”

“But…”

“Sonata, that was really frightening! Yeah, now we know what we did wrong but… he’s too scary, even for us!”

“But…”

“That’s our last word!” said Adagio, leaving.

Aria joined her.

“I had the best of intentions.” said Sonata sadly, as she began to look at the catalog.

Most of the inventions were up to ten thousand dollars. Two thousand, five thousand, etc.

They didn’t have that kind of money.

But then, she noticed one product on clearance. Shrinking Ray, from ten thousand dollars, to one. And, if she added her fifty percent discount coupon…

Sonata didn’t think twice, she grabbed her cellphone, and ran out of the house. She didn’t want her sisters to see her calling Black Hat Organization.

Author's Note:

Here it is, clearly inspired by the ‘Villain Orientation videos’ from Villainous. I hope you liked it. It was a fun chapter to write.

Also, this story will be really short.

Read ya’ later!