• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 3,404 Views, 40 Comments

A Child of A Changeling - blaszczu2500



Thorax finds a human child in the Hive and decides to take care of it.

  • ...
2
 40
 3,404

A name

Thorax yawned as he opened his eyes, then he looked around to see that a boy he had found somewhere in the Hive a night before was already up.

The human had noticed that Thorax was not sleeping anymore. He had been waiting for him to wake up every since he woke up so he walked up to him and sat down beside him.

"Hi Thorax." He greeted him.

"Hi kid.'' Thorax greeted him back, "How long have you been up?"

"Several minutes, I guess" a Boy replied.

"Alright." Thorax said, then asked, "How do you feel?

"I feel better than last night.'' a Boy smiled with a nod, "Thanks to you.''

''Glad to hear it." Thorax smiled back, "What about my subjects? I want to let them know that you mean no harm."

"Most of them are still asleep.'' a Boy told him.

"Alright, we'll wait until they will be up, then I'll talk to them." Thorax exclaimed as he sat up.

"Thorax...'' a Boy said shyly.

"What is it, kid?" Thorax asked.

"I don't want you to call me ''kid'' all the time.'' a Boy began shyly, "Perharps we can came up with a name for me because I don't remember my real one."

Thorax grinned, then said, "Actually I wanted to ask you the same thing."

"Really?" a Boy asked.

"Yes." Thorax replied as he patted his head, earning a giggle from the kid, "So, shall we start?"

"Yeah, let's start." a Boy said with a nod.

Both of them began to discuss about the kid's name. During their discussion for the human's name both of the came up with a few suggestions. For example Thorax's came up with names like Beta, Delta or Omega and a boy came up with names like Michael, Derrick or Marlon.

Their discussion lasted several minutes and probably would last more if it wasn't for Thorax's suggestion, ''How about Okame?''

"Okame?'' a Boy said. He really liked the sound of this name.

"I found that name in one of the books I read back in the Crystal Empire but it is your choice.'' Thorax said, then he asked a boy "So what do you think about this name?''

''I like it.'' Okame smiled with a nod, "You can call me like that."

"Alright Okame." Thorax said as he stood up and walked a few metres away from Okame, "Now, how about I show you that I can change into any creature I want."

"Oh yes!" Okame said excitely, "I've been waiting for it ever since you told me about that!"

"Since last night." Thorax chuckled.

"Yeah..." Okame said before Thorax turned into a dog just like Okame wanted him to change into it last night, much to Okame's excitement.

"Wow..." was all Okame could say as he clapped his hand with is his eyes wide open, not believing his eyes. He wanted to see more of it!, "Can you change into something else, now?"

Thorax nodded as he changed into a tiger, earning cheers from Okame who still couldn't believe in what he had just
saw, then Thorax began to change into anything Okame asked him to, earning more cheers from Okame.

Both of them were having fun which was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Hello brother." A familiar voice to Thorax interrupted them.

Thorax quickly changed into his normal form and turned in the direction of the voice to see his older brother Pharynx who was walking towards him and Okame, followed by the other Changelings.

"Oh, hey Pharynx!" He greeted him.

"Hello Thorax." Pharynx said grumpily, "You have woken up most of us with that cheering and clapping. I don't know what were you doing but..."

"Ohh...Sorry about that." Thorax apologized as he rubbed his head and looked around, avoiding Pharynx's gaze.

"What is it, brother. You're acting weird." Pharynx remarked.

Thorax sighed as he glanced over at Okame, "Alright, I guess it's time to tell you...Pharynx and my subjects, last night..."

It was when Pharynx spotted Okame...

"What the hell is that creature?" Pharynx interrupted him.

"Pharynx, I wanted to..."

"What if he finds a weapon and attacks you..." Pharynx began, interrupting his younger brother, once again.

"Pharynx..."

"Or worse he could be sent here by Chrysalis..."

"Pharynx..."

"Who wants to get her revenge on you and the other three because you..."

"Pharynx!''

"What?" Pharynx asked his younger brother.

"Can you please, let me explain it to you?" Thorax asked, then he looked over at the Changelings that gathered beside Pharynx, "I want to assure you all fo you that Okame means no harm to any of us."

"Fine." Pharynx groaned.

Thorax took a deep breath and said, "Every Changeling I want all of you to meet Okame." He pointed his hoof at Okame who waved his hand slowly, "After I found him I decided to take him with me, then I asked him a few question about who he is but unfortunely he has amnesia, so for now I'm taking care of him. And before one of you asks. If he wanted to attack me or any of us, he would do that last night when we were sleeping

"So he means no harm for any of us?" One of the Changelings asked.

"Yes, I can vouch for him." Thorax replied with a nod, then glanced over at his brother, "What about you Pharynx?"

"Fine." Pharynx said, still looking at Okame with suspicious look, "You know I trust you, brother so I will trust you on this."

Then all of the Changelings walked away from them to eat breakfast, most of them were whispering among themselves, probably about Okame.

"Well...That went better than I thought." Thorax stated as he turned around to Okame and waved at him, "C'mon Okame! I want you to meet my brother!"

"Okay!" Okame said as he walked up to Thorax and Pharynx.

"Pharynx this is Okame." Thorax introduced Pharynx to Okame, then he introduced Okame to Pharynx, "Okame this is my older brother Pharynx."

"Hello sir..." Okame said shyly.

"Hi." was all Pharynx said.

"Now, how about we eat breakfast and then I'll show you some activities in the Hive?" Thorax asked Okame, "I'm sure you'll find something you will like."

Okame nodded and went off with Thorax and Pharynx to eat breakfast with them.