• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 3,403 Views, 40 Comments

A Child of A Changeling - blaszczu2500



Thorax finds a human child in the Hive and decides to take care of it.

  • ...
2
 40
 3,403

A Child in the Hive

Thorax smiled while looking at Luna's moon, remembering many things that happened in recent months. He thought about how he met his first and best friend Spike the Dragon who later introduced him to his friends who accepted Thorax's friendship.

The next months which he spent in the Crystal Empire been great for him. He became friends with some many ponies but one day something terrible happened. His mother and former ruler of the Changelings Chrysalis had kidnapped every Royal and The Elements of Harmony. But thankfully he along with Starlight Glimmer, Trixie and Discord managed to defeat her and it was when he became the King of the Changelings.

He could easily say that everything's been doing great in the Hive since Chrysalis defeat. Every Changelings had accepted their new way to live but not everyone of them accepted their new way to live immediately. His older brother Pharynx was a perfect example of it.

He yawned before standing up, then he began to walk towards his sleeping spot. As he was walking towards his sleeping spot he saw many of his subjects, asleep. He smiled at the view of them. When he reached his destination he lay down on his sleeping spot and closed his eyes.

It was when he heard a cry, somewhere in the Hive.

He couldn't just ignore it. Perharps one of the young Changelings had just woke up from a bad dream. He stood up from his sleeping spot and quietly walked over to the place from which a sound of crying was coming from. As he was getting closer to the place that sound was slowly fading.

Once, he was already there he couldn't see anyone, much to his confusion.

"Hey." He said, looking for a Changeling that was crying, homever he got no answer, "Is anyone there?" He asked, but once again got no answer. The King of the Changelings took a few steps forward while looking around for one of his subjects.

It was when he saw a bi-pedal creature which was standing next to a large rock. The King of the Changelings had never seen anything like that before but he knew what kind of creature was that. It was a human. He knew because he read a book about lost civilizations during his stay in the Crystal Empire. He thought that these stories were just a myths but now he knew that he was wrong. He also noticed that this human was wearing clothes. He was wearing black hoodie, with his hood up, blue pants and red boots.

"Hey, you." Thorax called him.

The human gasped in fear as he took a few step backwards. He had never seen a creature like Thorax before, that was the reason why he was afraid of him.

"Don't worry.'' Thorax said as he stepped closer to a human, "I'm not going to hurt you."

"You're not going to hurt me?" a human which appeared to be a boy asked.

"No. I woke up because of your crying.'' Thorax replied as he took another step forward to the child, "I'm here to help you. You don't need to be afraid of me.''

"Alright..." a Boy said, still sounding to be a little afraid of the Changeling. He slowly walked over to Thorax, then the King of Changelings lead the human towards his sleeping spot.

When they were walking a boy asked Thorax a question, shyly, ''Sorry, sir. I don't want to be rude... but what are you?"

"I'm a Changeling." Thorax replied, "Also don't worry, kid. I'm not offended by your question.

"You are a Changeling? What does that mean?" a Boy asked in curiosity.

"That means that I can change into anything I want." Thorax replied.

"Really?" a Boy asked excitely, "You can change into anything you want? Can you turn into a doggy?"

"Yes.'' Thorax replied with a nod, "But I'll show you it tommorow, alright? I don't want to wake my the rest of the Changelings."

"Alright." a Boy said with a nod.

Once they reached Thorax's sleeping spot they both sat down on the ground.

"What's your name?" a Boy wanted to know.

"Ohhh. Sorry I guess I forgot to introduce myself.'' Thorax said, "My name is Thorax.''

"Thorax?" a Boy asked. Thorax was really unusual name for him because he had never heard that name before.

"Yes. Thorax." Thorax repeated his name with a nod.

"That's a really cool name." a Boy smiled.

"Thank you." Thorax thanked with a bow of his head, "Now I'm going to ask you a few questions. Just like you asked me when we were heading to this spot."

"Okay." a Boy replied with a nod.

"What's your name?" Thorax asked.

"I don't know..." a Boy replied as he shook his head. He tried to remember his name but he couldn't.

"How old are you?"

A boy shook his head.

"Where are you from?"

Once again, a boy shook his head.

"Where are your parents?"

At that question a boy lowered his head and began to whimper. All of what he remembered of his parents was that he really loved them and vice versa. He tried to remember their faces or their names but there was nothing. Almost nothing was left of his parents...

"Kid? Are you okay?"

A boy began to cry as he looked up at the King of Changelings. He rushed to Thorax and hugged him, now crying onto his chest.

"Shhhhh....Don't worry, kid." Thorax said as he hugged a boy back, "I'll take care of you."

"You'll take care of me?" a Boy asked.

"Yes." Thorax replied with a nod.

"You promise?" the Child asked. He wanted to be sure that Thorax wasn't lying.

"I promise.'' Thorax replied as he glanced over at his sleeping spot, "Now. Shall we go to sleep?"

"Okay.'' a Boy said with a nod while wiping tears from his cheeks.

"You can sleep not far from me." Thorax declared as he pointed at the spot which was a few feets away from him, "Wake me up if you'll have any problems with your sleep.''

"Okay." A boy said with a nod as he walked up to his sleeping spot. He lay down on his spot and closed his eyes. He tried his best to sleep for several minutes but he couldn't. He opened his eyes and glanced over at Thorax.

"Sir?" He called Thorax, waking him up from his sleep.

"What is it, kid?" Thorax asked as he looked up at him.

"I can't sleep.'' a Boy replied shyly, "...Can I...sleep next to you?"

"Of course you can." Thorax smiled.

A boy smiled back as he crawled over to Thorax and laid down next to him.

"Goodnight." He said to the Changeling before closing his eyes.

"Goodnight." Thorax said back to him but he did not closed his eyes. He decided to watch over the boy until he was asleep so he could be sure that a boy will fell asleep without any problems.

While watching over how a boy was slowly falling asleep. Thorax thought about many things which will happen in the next day. He wondered about how the rest of the Hive will react about the human he had just found and about how will he convice his brother Pharynx that this boy was not dangerous for the Hive.

As the human was asleep Thorax closed his eyes and went to sleep but before that he had reached one conclusion. That the next day will be a very long one.