• Published 23rd Jun 2018
  • 2,004 Views, 13 Comments

The date of the outcasts. - therandomone95



Spike and Apple Bloom's first date, but things don't go as planned, and both of their hearts are left broken, will the dragon find a way to fix this?

  • ...
11
 13
 2,004

Their special night

Their date.

It was another afternoon in Ponyville, when the fillies and colts were returning home from school, the bells of the school rang at their best quality, and all the citizens of Ponyville were getting ready for dinner and to sleep, after all, all of them had somepony to turn towards when they had a rough day.

And two citizens were the exception until three weeks ago, Spike and Apple Bloom, the two outcasts of Ponyville, had each other for comfort, Spike had problems with every citizen of Ponyville for that time when he had an outburst of greed, and Apple Bloom was left alone for not getting her cutie mark in time like everypony else.

The two of them were getting ready for going out with each other, after all, they were a pair by now, Spike was thinking if he should wear a moustache for the night or not, in the end, he decided not to, Twilight told him many times that the moustache 'just wasn't his thing', and Spike was starting to believe it by now.

Inside her house, Apple Bloom was getting ready too, she was thinking about getting some help from Applejack or Rarity, but she decided not to, she knew Spike would love anything she wore, besides, she wasn't exactly 'over it' with Applejack and the rest of her friends, but she was almost there.

Then, both of them checked the clock and decided to go out, Spike waved at Twilight, who knew about him and Apple Bloom, and the young mare just went out of her home, looking back at her house, not knowing why. They agreed to meet at the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres, not a lot of ponies were seen there in the afternoon, so it would be the perfect spot to meet and talk about their date.

Apple Bloom was the first one to arrive, and as she waited for Spike to come, she remembered the past three weeks, she remembered herself being excited to see him again after their conversation, and she also rremembered how nervous he acted towards her for some strange reason, then, she remembered the day when he first asked her out about a week ago, he was happy as a clam when she said yes, and they agreed to meet there, Apple Bloom didn't tell Applejack because she feared that her sister would be amazed at how weird her sister is: not getting her cutie mark in time, losing every type of social interaction and going out with a dragon? that would be crazier than Pinkie Pie's dreams!

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when she saw Spike coming, she saw him wave at her, so she waved back, once he was there, he hugged her with caution and they looked at each other in the eyes afterwards:

"Hello, Apple Bloom!" Said Spike

"Howdy, Spike!" Replied Apple Bloom.

"So, do you have any plans for tonight?" Asked Spike.

"Not really, I just want to spend time with you, nothing big, really." Said Apple Bloom

"Hmm, maybe we could do what we always do?" Replied Spike.

"What? go for a milkshake at Sugarcube Corner? Sure!" Accepted Apple Bloom.

Spike nodded, and both of them were walking towards Sugarcube Corner, they watched the stars starting to appear in the night sky, they thought Princess Luna had outdone herself this time, and they kept on walking thinking about the other, 'how is she/he feeling about going out with me? Is she/he okay with this? I really can't believe she said yes!/ I can't believe he asked me of all ponies!' These and some other questions invaded their minds for a long time until they arrived at Sugarcube Corner.

The house was almost empty, something good for the pair, they didn't want much attention. Apple Bloom decided to order the milkshakes again while Spike got a table again, they chatted for a long time yet again, talking about the stuff Twilight learned with magic, the things Apple Bloom created from just wood and stuff like that.

They were so into the chat that they didn't notice the time, they gasped when they saw Twilight enter Sugarcube Corner with Applejack, the two ponies heard their gasps and turned around, Twilight looking terrified because she forgot Spike was taking Apple Bloom here and Applejack looking surprised and confused, the cowpony approached the table they were in and started giving her point of view:

"Woah nelly, Apple Bloom! Are you dating... Spike? Not gonna lie, pretty strange..." Apple Bloom was starting to heat up.

"But he's a heck of a helpful fella, you're very lucky to have somepo... dragon like him!" And some more.

"By the way, I'm glad that you're out of your hole, even mouses have to see the light of day at some point." Apple Bloom was going to explode.

"And I hope you get your cutie mark soon, sis! But I have to say, you're noy going to discover your talent by staying inside that little house, you have to try out everything you can!" This was it, she couldn't take it anymore.

"SHUT UP!!!" Apple Bloom just jumped out of the table and ran outside.

"B-b-but why? What did I say?" Asked Applejack confused.

"It's not your fault, Applejack, she is just overreacting." Replied Spike, who was looking outside with a sad expression.

"But I'm her sister! why doesn't she want to talk with me?" Aske again Applejack, who was never more confused in her whole life.

"Because she still has issues with other ponies thinking she is weird." Replied Spike, looking back at Applejack, then, he ran outside too.

"Twilight, did you know about all this?" Asked Applejack, raising her eyebrow. Twilight just chuckled nervously, she was going to have a long night.

Outside, Spike saw Apple Bloom, who was facing away from him. "Apple Bloom, are you okay?" Asked Spike.

"No, Spike, I'm NOT okay, we came here for some private time, and then my sister just had to walk in and ruin everything by telling me how weird I am!" Said Apple Bloom with anger in her voice, yet her voice was full of sadness too.

"Apple Bloom, your sister was just giving her honest point of view, honesty, remember? Besides, she wasn't even saying you were weird! She was just..."

"NO, Spike!" Apple Bloom interrupted him. "I know she thinks I'm weird! but most importantly, WE are weird! We shouldn't even be a thing! We shouldn't have a happy ending! WE SHOULDN'T BE A PAIR AT ALL!!!" And with that, Apple Bloom left Sugarcube Corner, going home running, shedding her tears in the process.

Spike was in a loss of words, did she just break up with him? did she mean it? could he fix this? He had no idea..

Wait, maybe he had one idea...

Author's Note:

Choose your own ending!

Unless you're one of those persons who reads both endings, in that case, I hope you enjoy them.