• Published 22nd Apr 2018
  • 436 Views, 6 Comments

For Want of a Nail - Banchoking



A human from the Hasbroverse gets involved in episode one

  • ...
 6
 436

Bad Kitty

Everything hurt, again.

The young man tried to push himself off the ground but his muscles and joints screamed at him to stop. So he just laid there on his stomach and tried to think. There was grass under him and it was dark, so he was probably outside. He moved his eyes as far to the side as he could and saw the trunks of trees. "A forest?"

He remained motionless for a while longer before he could gather the strength to push himself into a sitting position against a tree. The boy then did his best to collect his scattered thoughts and find out where he was.

"I was in the mall.... I was going to the movie theater connected to the mall. I needed to kill some time before my movie started so I was window shopping and then.....the floor went out from under me," his blood ran cold as he remembered the terror he felt when the second story walkway gave out. "The Decepticons came and used me to set an example, but then how did I get into the woods?"

He let out a sigh of relief that he was still alive. "Maybe that gun doesn't do what Megatron thinks it does. I might have gotten thrown here," he wondered aloud to himself. "Yeah, that would explain why I hurt even more than before. I can't hear any fighting so someone must have shown up and beat the Decepticons already."

The teen slowly rose to his feet, leaning against the tree for support. He looked around himself to see which way he should go to get back to the street. Instead, all he saw was forest mixed with some debris that looked like it was from the mall. He limped over to it, hoping to find out which way it had been blasted from.

As he reached the rubble, he began to feel uncomfortable. It was that same feeling he got whenever his friends snuck up on him for a prank. He quickly turned around to see what was behind him.

It was not his friend.

The boy screamed as he fell on the ground and scurried backwards under an overhanging slab of concrete. The thing was as large as a bear but it didn't look like any that he had seen before. The creature began to reach under the overhang and swipe at him with its claw. With a yelp, he reached his hands out to find anything to defend himself. He pulled back a piece of rebar with a tiny lump of concrete on it.

He swatted at the animal's paw to keep it from getting too close. It may have been no more effective than a fly swatter, but if his grandma had taught him anything it was that flyswatters can hurt like hell.

Suddenly it stopped. Something else had grabbed the beast's attention. Without all of the swiping and growling he was able to hear something. Someone was yelling at it! This was good for him but whoever that was definitely in trouble.

The animal moved away from the boy's hiding place and he could hear its paws thud against the grass as it began to charge at his savior. He darted out from under the concrete and looked around for the beast. He saw it crouched over something, no, someone. He didn't have time to think about how afraid he was.

Enough people had been hurt today.

He charged the creature's back, raised the rebar over his head, and let out a great scream. He momentarily felt a bit of pride as the creature turned to face him and jumped back with surprise. But once the creature was out of the way, the person underneath jumped in the way.

"Stop!" the little pink and yellow thing yelled as he skidded to a halt.

They stood there for a moment, nobody moving as the teen failed to comprehend what he was looking at. The beast that had been attacking him was a giant lion! But it had bat wings and a terrifying stinger for a tail.

His eyes darted around and he saw that the little yellow thing was some kind of tiny pegasus pony, and there were more of them! They started to walk up to him right as his breath began to get short and his vision blurred. He fell to the ground and everything grew dark again.

The last thing he heard was someone wondering if he was alright.

Author's Note:

Not sure how this chapter turned out.

Comments ( 6 )

Well, it was definitely a unique beginning and encounter with the Pony characters of Equestria.

Loved the Decepticon bit in the first chapter.

8881440
It's okay to say "shitty". There's really no need for the dressing up of your take.

8881440
Thanks.

If there's anything that needs improving just let me know.

This was the first thing I could think of after seeing the title. Just wanted to share

8883663
It's a cool song.

8881446
Not everyone wants to swear and not everyone has to.

Login or register to comment