• Published 22nd Apr 2018
  • 1,501 Views, 7 Comments

Rainbow is Magic S2 Sidestory: Big Macintosh - aceotaku



On National Pranking Day, Big Macintosh had gone through a massive change, becoming a female pegasus. Now that her parents have found a cure, she must look inside herself and realise her true feelings...

  • ...
1
 7
 1,501

Macintosh

This is the story of a pony named Big Macintosh, or Big Mac as most ponies called him. Big Macintosh was a simple stallion, used to a life of working on the farm with his mother, father and grandmother, born with a natural strength and size unusual even for other Earth Ponies like him. He was quiet, choosing to rarely voice his opinions to others, too ashamed and embarrassed to reveal his inner thoughts to anypony. His life was quiet and simple, and he liked it.

That all changed though on National Pranking Day. On that day, a crazy mare named Dr Prankie went around town causing havoc with a series of pranks that covered everypony with a strange mixture, magically causing odd and sometimes ironic transformations. Big Mac was running a delivery from the family farm to his aunt and uncle in Manehatten at the time, and managed to get struck by Prankie’s traps three separate times, prompting him to come home immediately after he finished the delivery rather than stay in the city for a while like his family suggested.

That is why the large, quiet earth pony stallion was now a slender, talkative Pegasus mare resting on a cloud.

The mare got up, smiling softly. Sitting up here, on a cloud, the sun shining overhead, it was so odd a thing for her to have experienced, and yet somehow...exciting.

“Big Macintosh! Get down here!”

The mare yelped in surprise, hopping down from the cloud, gliding towards the farm where her parents were calling for her. For some odd reason she took to flying easily, as if instinctively, even though she wasn’t born a pegasus. This was one of the things about her condition that was curious but she chose not to think too hard about them, as she had no way of really learning anything about it one way or the other.

Anyway, she was going to get cured soon anyway.

Her father, Hard Cider, stood before her beside a large cart of apples. “Macintosh, we need you to get to work sellin’ some stuff while we’re gone.”

“Where are you and Ma going, Pa?” Mac asked, her heavy accent completely disappeared from her now melodious, beautiful voice. It was the one thing that felt the most strange to her, oddly enough, her voice sounded so alien to her ears it was unnerving. As it was, she had to struggle to address her parents properly, in the way she was accustomed to.

“That Pegasus at the library told us about some ingredients fer the cure fer,” he looked the mare over pointedly, “THIS.Me an’ yer ma are headin’ off together, we’ll be back shortly though, so hold the fort fer us. Yer the only kid we got left right now, the only one we can rely on. Ah know you won’t let us down, well beat this and get you back to normal soon enough.”

The red mare nodded. “Yes Pa.”

Hard Cider smiled reassuringly. “Good boy, do us proud.”

Big Mac stepped so the cart could be attached to her ever present yoke and upon this being done she began to trot. While she wasn’t weak per se, her body had become far smaller and much less physically powerful as it used to be, so what should have been a simple exercise for her became a rather bit of a struggle. And so it took her far longer to reach the town square with her load than it would have normally.

The mare started to get to work setting up a stall, smiling as she heard a pair of little hooves approaching from behind her.

“Howdy Big Mac!” Apple Bloom greeted with a big grin.

Macintosh turned to give the filly her usual, simple greeting...but instead a flurry of words came tumbling out at a rapid pace. “Oh hello Apple Bloom it’s been a while since you last came home I missed you quite a bit as do Mom and Dad and Granny Smith and working on the farm has become a lot harder without your company and I hope AJ is treating you well I have some words for that mare but right now I need to sell some apples while Mother and Father are out of town and-“ She clamped her hooves over her mouth, eyes wide in embarrassment as she carefully forced out “I-I mean...h-hello, little sister.”

Apple Bloom giggled. “Big Mac you sure are a lot more talkative nowadays!”

The red coated mare frowned, focusing on speaking. “I...I don’t really like that, to be honest...I-I can’t stop myself from saying things on my...mind. I-I much rather just be able to just be quiet and...focus on my work...for the family.”

“That’s lame!” Apple Bloom said, pouting. “Ah jus’ wanted ta say hi ta my big brother...or big sister now Ah guess!” She grinned mirthfully. “Ya’ll should come visit AJ, she’s a bit worried about how ya’ll doin’ since ya changed.”

Big Mac grunted, shaking her head. “I’d...much rather not...I would prefer to work here...I don’t...need to see her...”

“nuh-uh!” Apple Bloom pulled at the mare’s tail with her teeth. “Jus’ a few minutes visitin’ ain’t gonna hurt ya! Come on, she’s family too!”

Big Mac grimaced. She didn’t want to do this, especially since she had a job to do and didn’t want to disappoint her parents, but she didn’t want to upset Apple Bloom either.

“Apple Bloom there you are!” A new voice called out from outside Big Mac’s vision, and a blonde haired, orange coated mare walked over, said mare having styled her mane into low hanging curls and wearing a stylish but practical orange dress. “Honestly darling, you really should be more careful, I don’t want our family even more mad at me if Ah lose you in the middle of market on top of everything else...Oh! And if it isn’t Big Mac! Ah haven’t spoken to you in an age. Ah hope this conversation will be a bit more civil than our last...”

The red coated Pegasus rolled her eyes. “I’m not here to...cause trouble...I’m just doing something for...Ma and Pa while they’re out of town.”

Applejack frowned at that. “Why are they out of town?”

Big Mac turned her head aside, thin-lipped as she concentrated harder on her words. “P-personal reasons...”

Applejack sighed and gazed the Pegasus over. “Mac, darling, you seem much more tense than usual...”

Big Mac sweated, her concentration at its limits. “I...I can’t control what I say...not like this...”

Applejack moved to stand beside her former brother, tenderly wrapping a leg around the mare’s shoulder. “Why don’t you come with me then, out of the crowd? If this is hard on you, Ah would love to help you anyway Ah can, and Ah do think we need to catch up.” Her frown deepened as she looked into Mac’s eyes with compassion. “Regardless of how you feel, I still care about you and want to at least talk, and surely you don’t mind speaking your mind in front of me in private?”

Big Mac nodded. “...Fine. But...this doesn’t mean...I forgive you about leaving our family...”

----------------------

A bell jingled as the three of them trotted into Applejack’s shop, Big Mac pointedly averting her gaze while Applejack smiled widely as she looked around.

“Now where is it...?” She muttered quietly to herself before turning to address her sibling. “Mac, stand there in front of the mirrors, Ah have a surprise for you!”

Big Mac blinked in puzzlement as Apple Bloom giggled and pushed the Pegasus towards the large circle of mirrors next to the main counter of the shop.

“W-what are you two up to...?” Big Mac asked, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“It’s a surprise!” The filly behind her said with a wide smile.

Shortly, Applejack strided in, holding a bundle of cloth in her hooves. “I foooouuuund iiiiiit!” She sang as she glided over to Mac, the mare gasping as the bundle was undone and placed over her. “Ah hope you like, big brother, Ah simply couldn’t BEAR not making you a wonderful dress after seeing what a beautiful mare you’ve become, and Ah must say you look STUNNING in it. Don’t you agree?”

The Pegasus blinked, her reflection in the mirror catching her eye. Her dress was long and flowing, a large hole on the back allowing her wings to stretch fully, just long enough to reach her hooves but not for her trip on, decorated with gold highlights along the hem and stitching. Mac’s long, blonde locks flowed behind her head, a single large lock of hair falling over her face to frame her right eye.

Applejack smiled at the sight, before frowning. “OH Ah’m so sorry, Darling, I didn’t realise being made to wear a dress would upset you so. Ah mean, Ah wanted to surprise you but AH should’ve asked for permission first.... Ah’ll take it right off and Ah can redesign it for someone else...”

Mac stared at her reflection, wide eyed as she took in the image before her, blinking as her sister’s words registered. “U-upset?” Mac breathed out, confused. “I-I mean, y-yeah it was sudden and annoying b-but you’re acting like you kicked Granny in the shin...”

Apple Bloom looked up at the mare, brow raised. “Mac, yer cryin’...”

Big Mac started at that and looked at her face in the mirror, gasping softly as she noticed the long streams of tears falling from her eyes. “O-oh. I-I didn’t notice...”

Applejack frowned. “Are...are you okay, Big Mac?”

“OH! Oh, I-I’m fine, perfectly fine.” Mac chuckled nervously. “L-Look I-I’m not upset really, j-just...d-dust in my eyes hehe you know how it is. L-l-look h-how about I, uh, hold onto the dress for you, I-I mean I don’t want to toss away a gift from my own sister even if I don’t like it which I totally don’t a-and even though you left I still care about you and Bloomie a lot and..” She bit her lip. “i-I should go finish my chores before Mom and Dad...Ma and Pa come back. J-Just get the dress off me and put in a bag and I’ll think of something to do with it later.”

Applejack nodded. “Very well.” She smiled softly. “Don’t be a stranger, big brother.”

“Y-yeah...” She replied, muttering under her breath. “Th-that’s me all right...dependable, big brother Macintosh...big, strong stallion Macintosh...”

------------------

Carrying Applejack’s gift in a sizeable, discreet carry bag, Big Mac had set about selling apples for most of the day. Satisfied with the number of Apples she had sold, she was about ready to close up shop when a Nightsteed approached.Ever since the new Mayor was sworn into office, the dark coloured, bat-winged ponies that served Luna a thousand years ago had been give roles as the town’s branch of the Royal Guard.

The armoured stallion smiled winsomely at Big Mac. “Hey, Tosh, got any apples left or you sold out?”

Big Mac looked down, her lips thin. “I-I told you not to call me that, Striker. I-it’s embarrassing...”

Striker chuckled, shrugging. “Sorry, but...you look like more of a Tosh than a Mac, to me. But seriously, about those apples....”

Mac smiled wryly. “Oh I might have...two, maybe three left...buuuut those are reserved for one of our best customers.”

“Aw, come on, Tosh, don’t be like that!” The Nightsteed pleaded. “Your family’s apples are the best in the world, in a thousand years, you KNOW they’re my favourite! I’ll pay double what that other stallion pays!”

The Pegasus laughed. “Oh, and who says it’s a stallion?” She passed the stallion three apples. “But, honestly, I was just messing with you, you dunce. We got plenty to give, it’ll just be six bits, same as always.”

Striker gratefully took the trio of apples under his wing, sighing. “Oh don’t scare me like that...”

“Hey it’s not my fault you’re easy to tease! You’re just so dang gullible and cute and-“ She gasped, clamping her hooves over her mouth, pointing one hoof at the Nightsteed as she glared. “Not one word. That’s just the curse, nothing more.” She started to move to take down the stall she had set up. “I...I should be getting ready to go home anyway....”

Striker smiled. “Hey, don’t mind if I help out, do ya?” He leaned in closer, whispering in her ear. “I’d do anything for a cutie like you. You’re so beautiful even Celestia’d be jealous.”

Mac pulled away, closing her half-empty apple sack as she trotted in front of the stall. “Oh knock it off...”

Striker frowned at her, eyes growing remorseful. “Tosh, it’s okay... You know I’m just teasing you, I know you’re...well...not like that. You’re just such a pretty mare I...forget myself sometimes...I forget how hard this curse is for you...” He moved closer, gently placing a wing over her shoulders. “Hey, how about I help you out, make up for it?”

“Don’t apologise...you’re fine...you didn’t even do or say anything...”

“I’m not helping, not with all the flirting...” Striker looked aside. “I just...don’t wanna say anything wrong...you’re...well..you’re special to me, Tosh, and I just...don’t wanna see you cry, you’re way too cute for that...” He sighed.

Maac frowned in confusion at the stallion’s sudden mood shift. “Don’t...don’t apologise...I’m fine...not crying...”

Striker looked at her, brow raised. “Uh, yes you are? You have been for a while now...I didn’t wanna say anything cause it might’ve been insensitive or...”

“Aw, dangit...” The mare sighed in annoyance, wiping her tears away with her hoof. “Don’t even know why, I’m not even sad.”

Striker gently laid a hoof over her shoulder. “Anything you need to tell me? I’m here for you, you know that.”

“I...I’m fine Striker...just..just I dunno.” J-just let me focus on finishing up, and you go back to your patrol before your commander scolds you for slacking off. Again.”

Stroker nodded as he turned to trot away, keeping his eyes on the Pegasus all the while. “Yeah. Just...just take care, Tosh, and let me know if you ever need help with anything.”

The mare nodded, too scared to tell the stallion anything. Who knew what she’d say if given a chance to.

-------------------------------

As Big Mac trotted down the street, sack of apples on her back, another Pegasus trotted over her wearing a large smile. This Pegasus was the resident libarian and Canterlot mage Rainbow Dash.

“There you are Macintosh!” Rainbow greeted. “I’ve been looking for you to tell you the good news.”

“You...yaa mean about my...about Ma and Pa gettin’ the ingredients fer the...” Mac tried to speak normally rather than choke on the word, “the cure for my...condition, right?”

“Oh, so they told you.Good.” Rainbow smiled. “It took a long while but you can finally return to normal, right? You can finally put that mess behind you and get used to living as you always have, right?”

“Y-Yeah...” The red-coated Pegasus forced a smile on her face, looking aside. “I..yeah I s-suppose I will...”

Rainbow moved in closer. “You can say goodbye to those wings and sleeping on clouds and pretending to be something you’re not.”

“W-what?” Mac gasped and turned to see Rainbow’s friendly smile replaced with a cruel sneer and a hard glare.

“Stop fooling yourself, you’re not a REAL Pegasus, you never were!” Rainbow jumped back and startedflying around Macintosh, who found herself standing on a cloud several feet above ponyville. The red-coated mare looked up at Rainbow Dash as she darted around menacingly.

“I-I...” Mac gulped. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

Rainbow was suddenly joined by Fluttershy, Spitfire and several other pegasi Mac had seen around the town. “Mac can’t fly, Mac can’t fly, Mac’s a big ugly guy!”

Big Mac couldn’t stifle her tears at these jeering words. “I-I’m not..I...p-please stop!”

Rainbow darted up from behind her, grabbing Mac’s wings roughly. “You won’t be needing these!”

Mac gasped and tried to push her off, only for the rainbow-maned Pegasus to yank Mac’s wings off forcefully, the cloud beneath them bursting as Macintosh fell towards the two below.

“No! No!” The red-coated mare cried, reaching up desperately towards the shrinking figures above her. “Give them back! They’re mine!”

She fell onto her hooves and she looked around herself, suddenly in a dark room wearing the green dress Applejack made for her. Her hoof idly slid along the fabric over her chest, eyes wide.

Applejack suddenly strode forward, grabbing at the hem of the dress. “Oh, please, as if you’re going to wear this anytime soon! We both know you’re not a pretty mare, and only pretty mares wear pretty dresses.”

Mac tried to push her sister off of her. “I-It’s mine, it doesn’t matter what you s-say!”

“So you’re going to wear it even though you’re a stallion?” Applejack mocked. “Big strong Big Macintosh, parading around town in a dress like some mare!? What EVER would our parents think? Or Granny?”

“I-I...” Macintosh breathed heavily, steeling herself. “I don’t care what they think!”

Applejack tore the dress off of her suddenly, making her scream out, the whirl of shredded fabric enveloping her vision until she found herself in the family barn.

“Mac!” She heard father call out from behind her. “Get over her and help out!”

“C-comin’ pa!” She gasped, eyes widening as she looked over herself...and found that he was no longer a mare but a big, large bodied earth stallion again.

“It’s a miracle boy!” His father said with a wide smile. “You’re a stallion again! Now you can work the farm and act like nothing happened.”

Big Mac shivered. “B-But w-what if Ah...”

“No buts there, young man!” His mother yelled as she trotted over. “Do ya want to be like your sister and abandon this family for some frivolous reason!? You want to abandon the body ya were born with so you could...fly around and get hit on by strangers!?”

Mac inched back, looking between his family. “A-Ah...I...It’s not like that...I just...”

A strong hoof fell on her shoulder, pulling her around...so that she was face to face with her stallion self, she was once again a mare.

“Do ya hate yerself and our family that much that you would rather be a pariah like Applejack?” The red-coated stallion said. “Do ya want to be a mare THAT MUCH!?”

Mac whimpered, tears in her eyes, feeling weak. “I...I just...I’m just not ready to change back just yet..I...I just want a little more time...”

“Ya ain’t GOT any time left!” The stallion before her snapped. “Just give up and let me handle things again, ya’ve gotten too weak-hearted and childish! It’s time to just give up and give our family their son and big brother back!”

“w-why should I have to give up this body when it’s made me so happy!?” She finally snapped back, tears in her eyes. “Why should I have to change when I finally feel comfortable in my own skin, when I can finally ENJOY talking to ponies, actually CONVERSE!? W-why should I have to give up a wonderful thing like flying a-a-and b-being called beautiful by handsome stallions!? I-it’s not fair that I got to experience this and now have to have it taken away! I don’t WANT to go back to being big, manly Big Macintosh! I don’t wanna BE an earth pony who’s stuck on the ground doing one thing for the rest of his life! I...I don’t want to be a stallion! I...I want to be ME!”

She flinched and and shivered as she heard someone else trotting over. “Wh-who’s there!? I...I’ll punch you!”

The newcomer chuckled as she walked closer, letting Mac see her face, her small light purple-coated body, her pale blue mane. “Now, now, we don’t want that do we? Some ponies might be offended.” Princess Luna said with a chuckle, looking around the frozen nightmare. “My, my, I have never seen a nightmare quite like this.”

“N-nightmare...?” Mac gulped. “I-I’m dreaming...?”

Luna nodded as she trotted around the Pegasus. “You have quite a few fears hidden in this heart of yours...but to have it spill over so vividly all at once...tell me, what’s wrong, my little pony?”

Mac looked down, sighing. “This...this body...it’s not what I was born with...it’s...it’s a product of magic. I-I’m actually supposed to be an earth pony...a...a stallion...I-I’m supposed to be quiet and keep to myself b-but this curse changed me to be the complete opposite of who I am. M-my parents are gonna make a cure for me...” Her hoof moved up, clenching over her chest. “But...”

“But?” Luna tilted her head, smiling reassuringly.

“But...I...gosh I never told anypony this, Princess..but...but I’m actually HAPPY like this...I’m..I’m happy being a mare, being called beautiful, getting to wear dresses made by my sister, f-flirting with a cute stallion...” Tears fell from her eyes as her smile widened in awe. “I..I can FLY and SIT ON CLOUDS a-a-and oh gosh what if I can CONTROL THE WEATHER wouldn’t that be amazing!?” Her smile fell as her tears grew heavier. “B-but I can’t stop crying, even though I try SO HARD to hide it from everypony cause...cause it’s not going to last. Mom and Dad are gonna...gonna..” She choked back a sob, trying to regain composure. “C-CURE me and...and I’ll have to say goodbye to...to all of this! I’ll just...I’ll just be miserable old Big Mac again...”

Luna frowned in confusion. “Why do you have to be? I don’t see a stallion in front of me any more than you do. All I see is a beautiful young mare who needs to express herself.”

“B-but my family!”

“Would want what’s best for your happiness nd wellbeing if they truly cared about you.” Luna gazed up at the mare. “If not, they are not worth concerning yourself. It’s YOUR life to live, not theirs, only you can decide what to do with that life.” She smield reassuringly. “There’s nothing wrong with being happy with yourself, no matter how strange others may find you.”

“I...thanks, Princess...”

“No problem, my little pony. Now, I think it’s time for you to wake up and follow your heart.”

------------------------

With that, Mac’s eyes opened and she found herself laying next a tree near the farm. She sighed and got up to her hooves as she saw her mother and father walking towards her, a small flask filled with a green liquid hanging from her father’s side on small string.

“we’re back at last, Big Mac.” Her mother said. “Rainbow Dash was able to make the potion for us.”

“We can finally put this nightmare to rest and go back to normal.” Her father added with a satisfied sigh. “Now just lather this stuff on and we can be done with this.”

“Uh, actually about that...” Mac chewed her lip, casting her gaze aside. “Th-there’s something I gotta tell you, Dad.”

“Now whatever it is can wait.” Her father said. “We need to get this over with quick as we can; we got work that needs doing.”

“Dad listen to me!” Mac cried out desperately. “I.. I don’t...”

“Now listen here!” Her mother interrupted. “You do not talk to your father or Ah in that manner! Jus’ settle down and let us fix this!”

“I don’t want to be fixed!” Mac finally admitted. “I’m happy like this! I don’t WANT to be a stallion again!”

Her parents stared, wide eyed. “It’s worse than we thought.” Her mother breathed. “It’s messing with his head! We need to do this now!”

Mac’s eyes widened as her father started to uncork the bottle. Images of life before her change flashed through her eyes, of her being too quiet to speak her mind lest she hear her own foghorn of a voice, of not telling anypony how uncomfortable she felt in her own body, of never knowing the joys pegasi took for granted, of the way Striker smiled at her, of the mares getting to wear beautiful dresses and outfits while she had to be a practical farm boy.Worst of all, of now having had all these experiences...and going back to the way things were before as if nothing had ever happened.

So she acted quickly and kicked the flask out of her father’s hoof, making it shatter on the ground.

“What did you do Big Mac!?” Her mother screeched. “Do you realise how much time we spent gettin’ that together!?”

“I-I’m sorry...I..I really am...” Mac panted, staring up at her parents evenly. “You must understand...this isn’t the ‘curse’ ‘messing with mah mind’, this is how I truly feel...” she sighed, looking down. “It’s...it’s how I always felt. I...I LIKE being a mare! I LIKE being a Pegasus and being able to fly! I...I LIKE stallions!”

“What.” Her parents said dumbly in unison.

“It’s true!” Mac continued, tears flowing down her cheeks. “There’s this stallion in town, really likes our apples, and he’s SOOOO sweet and friendly and handsome and he just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy in my chest whenever he calls me beautiful and...okay, NOT important right now! The POINT IS, I am TIRED of hiding who I am, and I’m not just gonna go back to the way I am just...just because you think I’m WEIRD! I-I’m sorry I’m not the son you wanted, b-but please..please just accept the daughter you always had...” She started sobbing. “Mom...Dad...please just...just love me as I am...”

Her parents stared at her, her father finally sighing. “That’s...a lot to process...Macintosh. Not a lot of it sounds...well, right.”

“I know, Dad.” Mac admitted. “And...I’m sorry I never told you sooner...I just...I was complacent.”

“Son...” Her mother said, fighting back tears. “This...this isn’t your decision to make...”

“Why not? Nopony knows what I want better than I do.” Mac nodded her head and started to trot off. “And what I want is to be who I am. And that’s THIS.” She gestured to herself with her wing, giving a soft smirk. “Well, the wings are a huge bonus, but you get my point.”

“Wait a minute!” Her father interjected. “Where in tarnation are ya goin’ now!? We still got a lot to discuss! A-and what about Granny!?”

“You can tell her if you want, Dad, but right now I need to make sure of something. I’ll be back, don’t worry.” She smiled reassuringly. “I’m not leaving the farm JUST yet.”

------------------------------

In the library of Ponyville, Applejack stood in the back of the main living room as Rainbow cast a spell over Applejack’s...well, sister, as the fashionista now needed to get used to saying. Not that it was a complete surprise when Mac told her the truth, but it still rocked her core all the same. She couldn’t imagine how it affected their parents, though.

Rainbow nodded to herself, pulling her wings to her sides as they ceased glowing. “There, all done. Now that body is completely yours, nothing will change you back until you have me dispel the enchantment, not even the cure for Poison Joke.” Rainbow gazed over the mare before her. “Are you sure about this?”

Mac got up, smiling widely as tears fell from her eyes. “Thank you, Rainbow Dash. This...I just...I feel so refreshed now that I don’t need to worry about anything taking this away from me. I...I am sorry my parents ended up wasting your time because of me...”

“Pshaw! It’s fine!” Rainbow chuckled and rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I only told them cause I thought it was what you wanted, I couldn’t give a flying feather what those jerks wanted.”

Mac frowned at that. While accurate, she still cared deeply for her parents and didn’t really like hearing them get badmouthed. However, she could admit it was valid. She trotted up to her sister, smiling. “Thanks, sis.”

“F-for what?”

“For...seeing the mare in me...” She chuckled. “That dress of yours helped me come to grips with my feelings...it was one of the reasons I had to force myself to admit to everything...”

Applejack smirked, giving her sister a tight hug. “Oh darling, that’s just what my dresses are all about! Helping ponies express their inner beauty, to show the world who they truly are!”

“Yeah...I see that now...” Mac smiled, but then frowned again. “N-Not that I have fully forgiven you about leaving us like that! That was still a jerk move!”

“Perhaps, but you were always the one who treated me the fairest out of everyone, aside from Granny.” She chuckled. “Honestly, you don’t need to worry about her, she’s far more understanding than our parents.”

“I hope so...”

“So, what is you plan to do now”

Mac chuckled. “Same as always. I’m not ready to just up and quit the farm now, my feelings about the farm and our family are separate from...this. But...well...there is...well, it’s silly, but there’s one thing I always wanted to do aside from farming.”

Applejack’s eyes sparkled as she grinned widely. “Tell me!”

“W-well...” Mac turned her head, hoof scratching at her neck. “I...I always did...want to become a singer...”

Author's Note:

And with that, it’s finally done! I’ve been working on this for a while and it’s been my plan for Big Mac to turn out this way ever since National Pranking Day.

I had been pretty disappointed in hindsight in leaving Mac unchanged for the RiMverse once I finished Apple to the Core, so when I had Dr Prankie mess with the town using Poison Joke, I found an opportunity to correct what I felt was an oversight on my part. So now, RiMverse Mac is a female Pegasus, with possibly a boyfriend!

Originally Mac would'vve gotten into a relationship with Prince, but I eventually decided it was too contrived and I wanted to give the Ponyville Royal Guard some relevance. Hopefulyl I made the right choice.

I hoped you all liked it, and please comment to feed my everlasting hunger and gluttony.

Comments ( 7 )

So. . . first comment I geuss, and I have a lot to say.

1. you do need some minor editing
2. how much of a self insert is this for you?
3. i found this an incredibly moving story
4. love the fact that ponyville now has royal guard
5. do you know fly like you? (sung by velvet remedy i think) It's what I thought of when Tosh said that she always wnted to be a singer.
6. how are their parents alive?
7. OH MY GOSH THIS WAS AN AMAZING STORY, HAVENT FELT LIKE THIS IN A LONG WHILE, NOT SINCE DASH'S LITTLE SECRET! I LOVE YOU AND THIS STORY AND YOU AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!

9306659
glad you liked it : 3 I was a bit worried since you mentioned editing (and admittedly yes I do need to look through my writing a bit more to make things good >.>) and while I may have done this since I'm trans too, I didn't really do anything 'self inserty' here (In fact I'm not a huge fan of self inserts), I just was more preoccupied with doing somethign interesting and and different for my AU

Also their parents are alive because Alternate Universe (hell, their parents aren't even the same ponies as in the show, that's how alternate it is!)

9306930
Wow, ok then, thanks again for the story! Why the dislike of self inserts?

9307366
ehh i just don't find them that interesting personally

9307493
fair enough

This story made me cry :fluttercry:

It's not bad. I just...

11375815
no worries

it made me cry too an I wrote it >.>

Login or register to comment