• Published 24th Jun 2018
  • 802 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls JT - MrBiteo



A retelling of the first Equestria Girls movie, in which Sunset Shimmer is no longer the typical high school bully.

  • ...
 15
 802

Heart and Determination

Out in the soccer field outside the school was this world's version of Rainbow Dash kicking soccer balls into a goal. Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity were all watching her from the bleachers while Applejack walked over to the field to talk to Rainbow Dash. From a distance, the two appeared to be talking and it ended with Rainbow Dash and Applejack shaking hands. Applejack then brought Rainbow Dash with her to the group.

"Somebody, and I think we can all guess who, told Rainbow Dash that Rarity swaps the soccer team's uniforms with the other team's, Pinkie likes to bring fireworks to disrupt the game and that I would set up a bake sale in the middle of the field." Applejack explained to the others about what Sunset Shimmer told Rainbow Dash about them.

"So, Sunset Shimmer made up stories about all of us? What for?" Rainbow Dash asked before kicking a soccer ball repeatedly in the air.

"We're not sure, but I believe it has something to do with me running for Fall Formal." Twilight explained. "And we would appreciate it if you helped us."

"So, you're the girl in the school paper who's running against Sunset Shimmer and win the Fall Formal crown, huh?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight, to which the latter nodded yes in embarrass about what happened to her this morning. "Gotta say, I'm really looking forward to seeing you doing that now. And if Fluttershy's helping you guys out, then count me in, too. All you gotta do is beat me in a game of one-on-one."

"What?!" Twilight asked taken by surprise by what Rainbow Dash told her.

"First to 5 goals wins." Rainbow Dash stated kicking the soccer ball over her and into the goal behind her. "One zip!"

Twilight couldn't believe what she had gotten herself into, looking at Rainbow Dash in unease. She clearly had no experience in soccer before in Equestria, though that's mostly because it didn't exist there. But she knew she had no choice since she and her friends needed her by her side. The scene transitioned to Rainbow Dash getting the ball towards Twilight's goal, whom was the goalie as her legs shook nervously. Rainbow Dash then kicked the ball hard towards the goal, which Twilight ducked and unwittingly allowed Rainbow Dash to score, much to Rainbow's satisfaction and Twilight and the others' dismay, where Pinkie was keeping score of the whole game and added a point for Rainbow Dash, whom had won twice already. Rainbow Dash seemingly decided to give Twilight a chance at kicking the ball to the goal, only to swipe it away and kick it back into Twilight's goal, making the score 3 to 0. A bit later, Twilight was managing to get the ball to Rainbow's goal, but before she could expect it, Rainbow swiped the ball away from her and made another score. With this being the last match, Twilight didn't had that much of a chance to beat Rainbow, who was kicking the ball around her before accidentally hitting Twilight in the face. Twilight saw that the ball was now by her feet and so she took her chance and tried to get the ball to Rainbow's goal. As she got close, Twilight then prepared to kick the ball, only to miss Charlie Brown style. The ball rolled over to Rainbow's goal, who was standing in front of it and then kicked the ball hard enough to fly through the field and into Twilight's goal, thus winning the game. Rainbow Dash celebrated her victory while Twilight lied on the ground panting out of exhaustion.

"That's game!" Rainbow told Twilight while the rest of the Humane 5 gathered around her.

"I...really thought you were gonna pull it off in the end." Rarity said to Twilight trying to cheer her up, but it didn't work as Twilight simply lied there upset that she lost the game.

"So, what's the plan? How can I help you win Fall Formal instead of Sunset Shimmer?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight kneeling down and helping her up from the ground.

"But...I...lost..." Twilight told Rainbow Dash.

"Of course, you lost. I'm a soccer player." Rainbow Dash said. "But I'm not just gonna help anybody beat Sunset Shimmer. The Fall Formal Princess should be someone with heart and determination. You proved that you got them both."

Twilight couldn't believe that she had managed to get Rainbow to help her as the Humane 5 cheered for Rainbow's inclusion into the group.


The now complete Humane 6 decided to celebrate at this world's version of Sugarcube Corner, the Sweet Shoppe in downtown. The cafe's version of Mrs. Cake was finishing up making Twilight's coffee as she added some whipped cream on top.

"And can I mine with extra oats?" Twilight asked Mrs. Cake.

"Oats?" Mrs. Cake asked confused by Twilight's request.

"Uhhh...scratch that. However you normally make it is fine." Twilight soon said seeing what she said wasn't exactly what anyone would ask as she blushed in embarrassment and had her hands behind her back.

Mrs. Cake then shrug off Twilight's behavior as she placed Twilight's cup on the counter for the latter to take and walked away from the counter. Twilight collected her coffee, but just as she was heading back to her friends, she ended up bumping into someone in front of her, spilling her coffee into the person's shirt in the process while her cup fell to the floor. She looked up and found it was Flash Sentry, who didn't seem to have been bothered by the coffee spilled on his shirt.

"Sorry--Hey, I know you." Flash said to Twilight recognizing her.

"You do?" Twilight asked nervously thinking he read the paper's article about her.

"Yeah. You're that girl I helped out yesterday." Flash said instead, to Twilight's relief. "I heard you're running for Princess of the Fall Formal."

"Yep And I'm running against Sunset Shimmer." Twilight explained nervously, which made Flash go silent upon mention of Sunset Shimmer's name. "Oh, did I say something that bothered you?"

"No, it's-it's fine." Flash assured, though he was clearly lying. "Anyway, it was nice seeing ya."

"Uh, yeah, you, too." Twilight said as she went back to her friends while Flash went up to the counter to order a coffee. Twilight couldn't help but wonder what Flash was upset about.

"Don't even think about it." Rarity warned Twilight while petting Spike. "The poor boy's had enough rejection for one day."

"I'm not trying to...I don't even know...we just accidentally--Rejection?" Twilight then asked upon hearing the last word Rarity mentioned.

"Earlier today, Flash Sentry tried to ask Sunset Shimmer out on a date, but she turned him down." Fluttershy explained as Flash Sentry paid for his coffee and just as he left, he almost spotted the group looking at him before they looked away and pretended they weren't while he passed by them.

Twilight felt more bad for him than before, knowing now that Sunset Shimmer broke his heart. "Maybe she's just waiting until she has the power to do something really awful."

"Alright, everyone. The dance is tomorrow night and we still don't know how we're gonna get Twilight the vote she needs to be named Princess." Applejack told the group getting up from her seat. "Luckily, folks only know about through the school newspaper that Sunset Shimmer published. We need to show them otherwise."

The group then tried to come up with ideas on how to help change the student body's view on Twilight.

"I GOT IT!!" Rarity shouted loudly enough to catch the eye of practically everyone in the cafe, much to Rarity's embarrassment as she simply smiled and blushed before she explained her plan. "*ahem* I mean, um, perhaps, I have a solution." Rarity reached for her bag and took out a pony-eared headband and a fake pony tail. "Now, this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but...what if we all wore these as a sign of unity?" The group looked at Rarity confused. "I remember what Pinkie Pie said about buying these for Rainbow Dash's soccer game and I thought maybe we could use them again for helping Twilight. After the game, they were very popular. A way for everyone to show their school spirit. You know, 'Go, Canterlot Wondercolts!'" There was an awkward silence until Rarity cleared her throat and continued. "I haven't sold any since then."

"Okay, but what does my story have to do with helping Twilight?" Pinkie asked not getting Rarity's point.

"Because like how you bought them from me and used them to help give everyone school spirit, maybe we could do the same for Twilight." Rarity explained, though everyone still didn't get the plan. "I mean, the 5 of us are very different, but deep down, we're Canterlot Wondercolts." Rarity started handing the headbands and pony tails to each of the other Humane 5. "Sunset Shimmer is the one who tried to divide us and Twilight Sparkle is the one who reunited us! And we're gonna let everyone know it!" Rarity then placed on a headband on Twilight's head, who seemed to like where Rarity was going. "What do you think?"

The group each visually showed their support of Rarity's idea, including Spike, who was already smitten with Rarity's passion like he does with the one from Equestria. The next day, the Humane 6 (except Twilight) each talked to one of the several student groups that Fluttershy told Twilight about two days ago: Rainbow Dash talked to the athletes; both Rarity and Applejack talked to the fashionistas, including Applejack's cousin, Sunflower, who she felt she owed them for helping her with her sister, Babs; Fluttershy talked to the eco-kids; Pinkie Pie, however, talked to both the dramas, techies, and even rockers since she had dedicated her time at school befriending everyone (except Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash before they met Twilight, that is).

[Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash]

Hey, hey, everybody

We've got something to say

We may seem as different

As the night is from day

But you look a little deeper

And you will see

That I'm just like you

And you're just like me, yeah!

Hey, hey, everybody

We're here to shout

That the magic of friendship

Is what it's all about

Yeah, we thought we were different

As the night is from the day

Until Twilight Sparkle

Helped us see another way

So, get up, get down

If you're gonna come around

We can work together

Helping Twilight win the crown

So, get up, get down

'Cause it's gonna make a sound

If we work together

Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown!

[Pinkie Pie]

Hey, hey, hands up now

We're sending a message

To the crowd

Hands wave up

Then come down

We party together

All around

[Rarity]

Generous, honesty

[Applejack]

Laughter, kindness, loyalty

[Fluttershy]

Twilight helped us each to see

[Rainbow Dash]

All that we can be

[Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash]

So, get up, get down

If you're gonna come around

We can work together

Helping Twilight win the crown

So, get up, get down

'Cause it's gonna make a sound

If we work together

Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown!

Twilight also socially interacted with all groups to help show them more about her, which, eventually, she gained their trust after spending enough time with her.

[Twilight]

I'm gonna be myself

No matter what I do

And if we're different, yeah

I want you to be true to you

If you follow me

We'll put our differences aside

We'll stick together and start

Working on that school pride!

[Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash]

Jump up, make a sound

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

Jump up, make a sound

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Canterlot Wondercolts

Help her win the crown!

Jump up, make a sound

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

Jump up, make a sound

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Canterlot Wondercolts

Help her win the crown!

Jump up, make a sound

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

While Twilight had luck at gaining support for Princess of the Fall Formal, Sunset Shimmer, of course, wasn't so lucky as most of the student body were preferring Twilight over her, to her dismay. Sunset couldn't believe this was actually happening. She saw how, in her mind, Celestia had taken away her original world and now it looked like she was taking the one she called home in the form of Twilight Sparkle. Anger and worry filled Sunset as she fled into the gym, which was where the Fall Formal was being held at. Without hesitation, Sunset soon snapped as she started wrecking everything in blind anger. Sunset saw the damage she had caused after finally calming down and soon fled the scene of the crime not wanting to get caught. She regretted what she had gone back there, but she thought at least it would hopefully stop Twilight from getting the crown. Though, unfortunately for her, she was soon called into Vice Principal Luna's office along with Twilight after having been informed about the gym being trashed and she tried to remain as calm and inconspicuous about her involvement in the whole thing until she was free to go.

"Bu-But I don't understand." Twilight responded to the news from Luna.

"I'm sorry, Miss Sparkle, but I'm afraid enough damage had been done to the gym that we will have to postpone the dance until tomorrow night." Luna stated.

Twilight's hopes of returning home with the crown were immediately dashed upon hearing Luna's words. After both she and Sunset were allowed to leave, she bolted out of Luna's office and ran out of the school. Sunset didn't smile at how Twilight felt about the news of the Fall Formal getting cancelled, but if it meant Twilight wouldn't get the crown back, she didn't care that much.