• Published 24th Jun 2018
  • 799 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls JT - MrBiteo



A retelling of the first Equestria Girls movie, in which Sunset Shimmer is no longer the typical high school bully.

  • ...
 15
 799

A Vision in the Crystal Mirror

Sunset Shimmer was finally about to take her entrance exam into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and she couldn't be anymore nervous than she ever had been in her entire life. She stepped forward to the testing area, where she saw the judges for her exam.

"Now, Sunset Shimmer. For your entrance exam, you will be tasked with growing a house plant." One of the judges on the left side of the table informed Sunset, directing her to a flower pot filled with soil on a nearby table.

"We will be looking forward to seeing your progress." The judge sitting at the middle of the table informed Sunset.

"If you wish to be accepted, we expect big, big things from your results." The judge on the right informed Sunset.

Sunset looked at the pot and realized this wasn't going to be easy since she never grew plants with magic before, nor was she skilled with gardening.

"Let's hope that it turns out better than Juniper Berry's attempt at it." The judge in the middle remarked.

"Juniper Berry?" Sunset asked in confusion.

"GAH! GET OFF ME!" A student pony, who was Juniper Berry, screamed at his now living plant, which then tried to reach out and attack him.

Sunset immediately took action and saved Juniper Berry by zapping the plant with her magic, turning it to ash. Sunset then turned back to the pot and began her test.

With nothing else holding her back, Sunset braced herself and blasted her magic at the pot. She noticed her magic wasn't taking any effect on the plant and focused more on it. She then gave all that she got, hoping desperately that it will work.

We cut to outside the part of the school that Sunset's test was at and suddenly, giant vines began popping out of the tower. All of this was in view of Princess Celestia, who happened to just pass by.

"I see somepony just passed their entrance exam." Princess Celestia remarked.

Back to Sunset, she was utterly shocked at what she had just conjured up. Vines were all over the classroom with her instructors climbing on top of the vine in front of them to face Sunset. Everyone stared at her without a word and Sunset feared that this might mean that she probably failed.

"I'm really sorry! I should've realized--" Sunset tried to apologize, until everyone started applauding her, to her surprise.
However, she soon realized something. Did this mean she passed her exam? With her only answer being the applause of both her instructors and even Juniper Berry, she couldn't be any more prouder that day and jumped in excitement.

"Thank you! Thank you all! I swear, you won't regret this!" Sunset thanked her instructors with all her heart hugging them in gratitude.

Later that day, Sunset was studying at a table at the park. She was still happy to now be a part of Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and was now dedicating all of her time on studying magic and not let anything distract her. That soon didn't last, however, as a couple of fillies were then playing nearby. Said fillies happen to be Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts and Lyra Heartstrings. The girls were playing with a ball while their friend, Twilight, who is also a filly at this time, was busy reading her book and minding her business. However, the ball bounces off course and is about to hit Twilight. Fortunately, Twilight was spared when Sunset caught the ball using her telekinesis.

"Whoa, there. That was close." Sunset said.

"We're so sorry. We didn't mean to." The young Minuette apologized.

"Yeah, it was all an accident! Honest!" the young Twinkleshine apologized as well.

"It's alright. Just be sure to be more careful next time you're playing." Sunset told the girls handing their ball back and walking off to her next class. The fillies admired Sunset for what she did.

"Wow, she's really nice." The young Lemon Hearts remarked on Sunset's generosity.

"Yeah, it's a good thing she caught the ball. Otherwise, it would've hit you, Twilight." The young Minuette then said to Twilight, but the latter didn't respond. "Twilight?"

As such, Twilight was still reading her book, unaware of what happened.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Twilight asked Minuette.

"Never mind." Minuette said annoyed at Twilight's focus on studying.

As time passed, Sunset had focused more on her studies than she had on trying to make friends. This brought concern onto Princess Celestia and so she decided to have a talk with Sunset about it.

"Sunset, it seems that you haven't been socializing with the other students." Princess Celestia said to Sunset. "What seems to be the matter?"

"Well, you see, Princess Celestia, I've been thinking about what if things don't work out with me making friends. What if I mess up and lose the ones I've befriended?" Sunset told Princess Celestia.

"Well, hopefully, today's lesson will help solve that." Princess Celestia suggested as they were now at the front of two doors, which the former opened and stepped inside.

Sunset looked inside the room and, to her surprise, the only thing within it was a large, standing mirror. It had a purple frame and had a few pink gems dazzled on each side while its center was flawless. Though she questioned the purpose of being here, Sunset still followed her mentor, who stood beside the mirror while Sunset was now facing it.

"Look into the mirror, Sunset, and tell me what you see." Princess Celestia instructed her student.

Sunset looked directly at the mirror. She was a bit skeptical about this. After all, nothing appeared to pop up at first. But then she saw an image on the mirror that made her lower her head in shame.

"*sigh* I see a unicorn... who's unable to make friends on her own and in a sense, isn't worth having any friends. And even if she did, she would eventually lose them, leaving her forever alone." Sunset told Princess Celestia admitting how she feels as it showed Sunset by herself in a black void.

However, she soon saw something come up.

"Wait...I think I see something else..." Sunset said seeing another vision in the mirror.

In the mirror, Sunset could now see, to her horror, Equestria now in flames and ruins. She then found herself in the vision standing in the middle of a ruined and burning Canterlot. She didn't know what to think nor say about what was in front of her. All she could do was stare at the burning buildings with no sign of life in sight. Though, she could still hear screams of terror echoing in the distance. Tears then streamed from her eyes at the horror she was witnessing, mourning inside for all those that perished in this great travesty. How? How could this have happened? she wondered in her mind. She soon felt the ground shaking as though they were large footsteps and noticed a large shadow casting over her, causing her to turn around. It revealed to be a large creature she had never seen before in her life. The thing was made entirely of metal. Sunset looked down on the ground below the metal creature and soon spotted a humanoid being in a black cloak where what appeared to be four metallic tendrils came from behind its back, which charged directed at her.

She then snapped back into reality before the tendrils attacked her, where a big gasp of horror came out of her, to Princess Celestia's surprise. She collapsed onto the floor and Princess Celestia came to her aid.

"Sunset, are you alright?!" Princess Celestia asked Sunset in worry.

Sunset couldn't speak about the horror she just saw. She simply sat there almost traumatized in fear. And so, this would be one moment that would change Sunset forever.

And it soon took effect when Sunset had basically stopped going to her exams and she began her own personal quest to learn more about the mirror and what it might've been telling her. She looked over every history book she could get her hooves on, but to no avail. As this happened, ponies had started seeing less and less of Sunset, including Princess Celestia herself. One day, Princess Celestia invited Sunset to a picnic, wanting to catch up on what the latter had been doing as of late.

"Thank you for inviting me, Princess Celestia." Sunset thanked Princess Celestia.

"Your welcome, Sunset." Princess Celestia assured Sunset.

"Listen, Celestia. You mind if I asked you something? It's about the mirror you showed me a couple of weeks ago." Sunset asked Princess Celestia.

"What about the mirror?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Well, I feel as though maybe it was showing me that something terrible will happen in the future and will destroy Equestria if you don't do something to stop it. And I was wondering if you could tell me anything else about the mirror so that we can prevent that from happening." Sunset then said. Princess Celestia didn't know exactly know what to say about what she just heard.

"Sunset, I'm not sure what the mirror showed you, but I don't think you are ready to know more about the mirror." Princess Celestia informed Sunset.

"But I really feel like something might happen if we just do nothing," Sunset then tried to reason with Princess Celestia, "Please, there's gotta be more about the mirror that could--"

Just then, rain clouds rolled in and it looked like it was about to rain.

"I'm sorry, Sunset Shimmer, but for your own good, you are not allowed to go back to the mirror until you have behaved better." Princess Celestia told Sunset somewhat frustrated with the latter's paranoia as she folded up the blanket for their picnic and left.

From the way Princess Celestia reacted to her words, Sunset sensed that she was hiding more about the mirror from her and now that Princess Celestia won't listen to her, she decided to take matters into her own hooves. As time passed since then, Sunset had learned about supposed information about the mirror in a library that contained dark magic. It wasn't exactly the last place she expected to find more info on the mirror, but she knew that if she were to save Equestria from an apocalyptic future, she would have to enter this forbidden place, which she did. To her surprise, however, she saw that it seemed it looked almost like a normal Canterlot library did where the librarian was resting her head on her desk and there didn't seem to be any royal guards around to keep watch of the place.

"Huh. You'd think that Celestia would put more security around in a place that has books about dark magic." Sunset thought to herself as she stepped over to the first few shelves before her.

Sunset stopped at the edge of both shelves, deciding to look through these books one by one on each shelf. As she spent hours upon hours going through the pages of every book there was in the library, Sunset became more aggravated as there was no mention of the mirror anywhere from within the pages.

"UGH! No luck!" Sunset thought irritated. "There's gotta be something about the mirror in here. There's just gotta."

However, she was also getting tired while looking through the books due to it being nighttime. She almost fell asleep a couple of times, but she managed to keep her eyes open. She then came across a parody of the Necronomicon, which caused her to jump back in horror and scream a bit before covering her mouth. She then noticed that the shelf behind her was going to fall, but she manages to catch it with her magic in the nick of time. She looked over at the librarian and found her still asleep.

"I guess she's a heavy sleeper." Sunset thought as she placed the bookshelf back where it stood and placed the Necronomicon-like book away.

Unfortunately for her, the librarian just then woke up from her nap and soon spotted Sunset.

Sunset, meanwhile, then saw a book on the bottom titled "Canterlot Castle History: Vol. II". Could this have all the information she needed? Sunset then took the risk as she took the book off the shelf and began through it until she came across a section detailing the mirror.

"Yes! Finally something about the mirror!" Sunset said quietly to herself where the librarian then snuck out of the library while Sunset then studied the pages. What she found out was more than she could comprehend. "Oh, my gosh, this mirror doesn't just tell possible outcomes of the future. It can also lead to other worlds."

"That's not for you to know now, isn't it?" Princess Celestia's voice was heard, catching Sunset by surprise.

She turned to where the heard came from, Princess Celestia was there confronting her along with two royal guards. Sunset would've been without any excuse as to why she was at the library, but with the information she had just learned about the mirror, she then confronted Princess Celestia.

"You lied to me about the mirror!" Sunset confronted Princess Celestia facing her. "I thought I could trust you with saving Equestria from a horrible future, but you instead tried keeping me away from the truth!"

"Is that what this is all about? I told you specifically that you were no longer allowed to go near it until you moved past this." Princess Celestia reminded Sunset not having any of the latter's bullcrud. "And now it is only getting worse--"

"You're not listening! Why are you--" Sunset argued back before pausing for a moment and realizing something. "Wait... it was you. It was you, wasn't it!? Of course, I should've known all this time! After Princess Luna turned on you, you're probably planning on destroying everypony who might try and take your place on the throne and you would have giant metal monsters to do all of your dirty work! Well, I won't let you get away with it! And if it means I have to fight you, I will--"

"That's enough!" Princess Celestia cut off Sunset putting her hoof down and now staring directly at the unicorn with a merciless glare. "I thought I could cure you of your fears, but now you accuse me of destroying my own kingdom?! I'm afraid you've left me with no other choice. Sunset Shimmer, I am removing you from your position as my pupil and you are to be removed from these premises."

Despite what she herself said earlier, Sunset was left utterly speechless at Princess Celestia's words. For a long time, she had been almost like a mother to her and to see her act like that to her was a huge blow that her heart couldn't take and started streaming tears.

"Don't bother..." Sunset replied running out of the library not looking back.

Despite Princess Celestia's orders, Sunset sneaked back into the castle and hoped to see another vision of how to save Equestria. As she looked right into the mirror, nothing even happened. This continued for the past 10 minutes before she then gave up and then turned back to the door and was about to leave when two guards passed by and spotted Sunset in the room.

"Stop right there!" One of the guards ordered Sunset, who backed away from them.

As Sunset got closer to the mirror, she soon tripped and went right through the mirror. Both guards were utterly shocked at what they just witnessed and immediately informed Princess Celestia about what happened. After which, Princess Celestia then had one of them help her move the mirror to a more secure place.

"Why are you giving it to Princess Cadence, Your Highness? Shouldn't she know about what this mirror can do, too?" The guard helping move the mirror asked Princess Celestia.

"She will. I want to have it in her safekeeping, in case Sunset returns." Princess Celestia informed her guard regretting about how she reacted to her former student. Perhaps she should've told her about the mirror. That way, this probably wouldn't have happened and Sunset would still be here.

Elsewhere, in another world, Sunset emerged from one of the sides at the bottom of a statue. She got back up on all fours and surveyed her new surroundings.

"This isn't Canterlot. Where am I?" Sunset wondered turning back to where she emerged from and on the reflective service, she found that even her appearance had changed from a unicorn to...something else entirely. She was now a human teenager and was also nude as her hair censored her breasts. She then looked down at her hooves-turned-hands. "What's happened to me?" She then noticed from behind that her legs seemed longer than before and tried standing up, naturally losing her balance on her try. She then tried again, this time with success. "Is this how I'm supposed to stand now?" Sunset wondered about her new anatomy as her body was censored by a close up of a flowerhead on the ground while her head and shoulders were visibly shown.

From behind, a light shined on her bare back.

"Twilight Sparkle." Princess Celestia's voice was heard, catching Sunset's attention as she turned around to see what was going on behind her and saw that another vision was being shown to her, just like the mirror back in Equestria. The vision depicted Princess Celestia meeting Twilight Sparkle when she was a filly in "Cutie Mark Chronicles".

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to--" Filly Twilight apologized.

"That filly. I know her!" Sunset said recognizing the filly she had helped earlier in the story and approached the statue further to get a better look at what going on. "Wait, why is she--"

"You have a very special gift. I don't think I've ever come across a unicorn with your raw abilities." Princess Celestia said to Twilight.

"But, she has. I've done spells like that before. Why is she acting like no one has done it before?" Sunset asked herself sensing something was wrong here.

"But you need to learn how to tame these abilities through focus study." Princess Celestia continued. "Twilight Sparkle, I would like to make you my own personal protege here at the school."

Hearing those words, she reached out to the vision and touched the surface where she saw that the portal to Equestria was gone, leaving her stranded in this new world. She soon sank to the ground in both anger and distraught no longer watching the rest of the vision and more focused on her own emotional breakdown. She had never felt this much betrayal and hopelessness in her life and wanted it all to end as she clenched her fists and cried. After a moment, Sunset rose her head back to where the vision was being shown on the statue's base and saw now that perhaps she was right all along about Princess Celestia and her possible plans for Equestria, seeing now that it might be too late to save it. But that didn't mean she couldn't save this new world she was now at and swore to make sure that neither Princess Celestia nor anypony working for her will ever set hoof on it.

Unbeknownst to Sunset, a black car was parked across the street from the left of the school where its driver had witnessed Sunset's arrival while it seems as though he was talking with someone else on his phone. From his appearance and voice, he seemed to be a young man around the Humane 6's age, including Sunset and Sci-Twi.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back. I think I've just found something...interesting related to the project." He said on the phone developing a pleased smile on his face at his newfound discovery, as if he had been looking for both Sunset and the Equestrian magic his whole life.

Author's Note:

For those wondering why Celestia is called a queen, that's because I wanted to integrate Lauren Faust's vision for the character in my take on the show's continuity as she wanted Celestia to be Equestria's queen, but Hasbro wouldn't allow it and changed it to princess because of their belief that Disney stereotyped queens as evil in their movies.