• Published 25th Apr 2018
  • 1,780 Views, 56 Comments

Asphalt wars - Hoax1337



The possibility of getting displaced after buying a scaled Koenigsegg one:1 did not cross my mind.

  • ...
12
 56
 1,780

Set

I woke up the next morning with the sun already up, and it was on purpose, as I needed energy for the meeting today at night, so I was pleased that I could sleep so many hours.

'It can't be him' I thought again. Since last night I couldn't stop thinking about my rival. Which were the odds? It was more likely that I win the lottery rather than him appearing in the same Equestria I was.

I decided to dimiss the thought and I decided to prepare a lunch before the event.

>---------<

After eating my lunch, I went to my Subaru and I took it to the mechanical section to check the condition of my car.

I opened the front and I looked at the oil and coolant levels, and also I did a general inspection of the different parts there. Also I checked that the wheels were in optimal conditions to make sure I had a good grip for the race.

As everything looked fine, I took the car back to the garage and now towards the exit. I parked the car In front of the main entrance and I made my way towards the sitting room in my home. I throwed myself in the couch and I entered youtube in my phone, in order to listen some music. Even if I had been impisoned for a century and a half singing the same songs over and over again, it never gets old, so I selected a song composed by Imagine dragons.

Even If I had problems on singing the fast paced parts of the song, I simply conformed with singing the regular parts and the chorus, which personally, I think is the part that described me the best.

After the song finished, I decided to play some games in my computer, but this time I aimed at something different to racing games. I selected a random game and I started to kill time.

>---------<

I was in the middle of a game of enter the gungeon when an alarm that I set 1 hour before the meeting went off, so I paused the game and I quickly grabbed some important stuff, such as the car keys and, since I was going to be with strangers, a taser.

I bought it after I almost had an incident with another racer in a tournament, and since I am not good at hand combat, I bought it for self-defense. Ponies may have a record for being peaceful creatures, but since this was the underground world, I could not risk getting into a fight and be almost defenseless, so I had it as a safety measure, even if it would not work in pegasi due to their natural resistance.

After double checking that I had everything I needed, I exited the house and I sat down in the car, ready for tonight's event.

>---------<

Right now I have been for 15 minutes in the route that circles ponyville, and I decided to slow down my pace as I already familiarized with the track I intended to use in the meeting. Also, I was looking for other cars, and I would try to overtake them. If they are racers, they will try to defend their position and speed up, thus starting a race.

I was looking for my first victim when I saw behind me a black car, which it seemed to be similar to the one used by toretto in the fast and furious movies, but since I was not very informed on the models, I could not give a guess. Besides, this is equestria, a complete different place to earth, so cars should have different names.

When it was closer to me, I accelerated my car to match his speed, and I saw it do the same, trying to overtake me. It confirmed that it was a racer when in a sharp curve the car drifted, so I decided to meet the racer.

I turned on the intermitents as I slowed dowm my car at the side of the road. The other driver seemed to understand, because he also stopped at the left side of my car. I lowered my window as we stood in the darkness of the forest that surrounded the route.

"So are you headed to the meeting don't you?" A male voice asked.

"I was going to ask the same" I replied.

"Do you know where it is? I still haven't found any place with many cars around" he asked.

"I don't know, I have not chosen a place yet" I replied with a smile as I turned on the internal lights of my car.

I should imagine that his brain was processing what was going on, but before he could react, I extended my hand through my window into his car.

"I'm Zephyr, nice to meet you...?"

"Silverstreak, Speedy Silverstreak" he managed to answer.

Now it was time for me to be surprised, because the Silverstreak surname was very familiar to me.

"Wait, do I know your family?"I asked.

"My great grandfather, Sonic Silverstreak" he replied.

My god, it hasn't been more than a few days and I am already meeting familiar faces. What a luck.

"It is good to see that the Silverstreak family is alive, and that they are still interested in the motorsports" I answered. I remembered back to a century and a half, when the first pony became interested in my 'contraption'. At first he simply watched, but later he got interested on how it worked, and he started asking me questions, which I happily answered, as long as I knew how to. He even told me that he worked on replicating the engine before I started to be chased by the princess.

"So, did he finally manage to introduce cars to the world, huh?" I asked curiously.

"Technically, yes".

"What do you mean?"

"According to what he said, not many years after meeting you he managed to show a prototype that the royal guard took with all the other designs, and nothing is known about the destination of it. We tried to claim the authory of the first prototype, but since it was confiscated we do not have the evidence, officially the creator of the first car is a scientist that worked in one of the royal factories" he explained. "Anyways, any racer knows that you were the one that gave him the knowledge to build the first car, even if public documents show otherwise" he ended. At the same time, another car passed us driving dangerously at high speed, and with a nod we floored the gas of our cars and we started to follow the new car.

>---------<

We had been chasing the car for a good time now, and, unexpectedly, the new driver started to slow down in a straight and turned on the right intermitent, and we did the same. I saw an instant later a rather large group of cars parked, so that only meant one thing, it was here. The place was as big as half a parking lot of a big supermarket, and you could see from there the lights of the houses of ponyville.

The car at the front went to the left, and we did the same, in order to find a free spot after the car. As expected, next to the place where the car parked, there was a big spot enough for Silverstreak and me.

After parking the car and shutting down the engine, It was finally time for the great reveal.

I opened the door of my car and I sat on the front of my car, waiting for the stares of the ponies to turn to me.

Time for the show.

Author's Note:

I had been busy lately with exams, and I wrote the chapter whenever I had free time, so if you find any errors or inconsistencies on the story please comment.

Also thanks to the user Speedy Silverstreak for letting me use his oc.