• Published 25th Apr 2018
  • 1,787 Views, 56 Comments

Asphalt wars - Hoax1337



The possibility of getting displaced after buying a scaled Koenigsegg one:1 did not cross my mind.

  • ...
12
 56
 1,787

Ready

Silverstreak started reading again the forum that had almost broken after that message, and he saw how all the community was going nuts over the possibility of meeting that pony, or in this case, human, that according to what his grandfathers said, was the very first creature to drive a 'self propelled carriage', as it was called back in that time, and he was not going to miss the opportunity. He wanted to personally see the human that racers almost idolized after his sucessful escape and return to the world of street racing. for him, he was a hero, not only because he used to be close to the family, but because he was the guy that gave hope to the racing community, the reason why the community became active once again.

Many still remained skeptical of the authenticity of the message, but in general you could feel the euphoria in the chat, which it was about to be skyrocketed.

Many in the forum started posting a link to certain video in MyVideo, but at first he decided to ignore it, until he got fed up with so many ponies posting it and he decided to open it. The first thing that he saw was the point of view from a car going at high speeds through canterlot while avoiding the royal guard. It also showed other external perspectives and you could also hear the radio communications of the royal guard. It took him some seconds, but when he saw who published the video, he knew why ponies were going crazy about the video.

It was clear the message he wanted to transmit. Nopony in his right mind would dare to publish such stunt after escaping no more and no less than the princess of the sun. But with that video, he showed that if any calculator divided by the number of fucks he gives about the princess, the calculator would give error. Or at least the description of the video said that.

It would be a matter of hours before the video reached all main media.

Silverstreak decided to leave his computer and he went to check his car for tomorrow.

>---------<

Not many hours later in the Canterlot castle, the elements were preparing to leave the castle, and while they were waiting for the train while watching the tv, the news broke in most of the channels.

"URGENT: Not many hours after his escape, the now most wanted criminal, Zephyr, has posted a video in which he shows his point of view while escaping from the forces of law and order yesterday. Also, unofficial sources say that he will meet racers tomorrow at night, at an unknown location near Ponyville. Stay tuned for more information.

The reactions from the elements were mixed: Twilight was fuming of anger, Fluttershy and Rarity had looks of concern, Pinkie was eye wide and Applejack had a poker face. However, the most curious reaction was the one of Rainbow Dash.

"That was awesome" she managed to say under her breath.

"Did you say something, darling?" Rariry asked.

"Ah, um, no?" Dash lied. It seemed like Applejack did not notice, because nothing else was said. Right now, the only thing she thought about was meeting that creature that Celestia catalogued as a 'threat', because apart of having a good set of skills to avoid the royal guard, he simply seemed inoffensive, and she was pretty sure that she could take him down alone.

>---------<

The royal sisters just finished watching the news, and Celestia was the first to speak.

"We need to duplicate the reinforcements in ponyville Luna, he will be close and I do not want accidents happening..."

"I think that we should not, sister. He might be testing us. From what I could see from him he could easily escape even when he is in disadvantage, so sending guards will only result in him gaining more influence over ponies, and you don't want that happening, don't you?"

Celestia sighed."I think you have a point there, sister. I will tell the guards to not interfere in poniville tomorrow."

"Wise decision, sister" Luna said before retiring to her chambers, thinking of the point she made.

"YOU don't want that happening..."

>---------<

Ok, I had a good look at the different reactions of my video, and I found quite a strong support, which surprises me since what I did is ilegal, but it seems like they got quite a good entertainment, because my video was trending and I got at least half million views in such a short time, which is a large number considering that this world has way few creatures on it.

Anyways, I need to see which car I am going to bring to the meeting, so I went to the garage. I instantly discarded the one:1 and the Zonda, since it would attract too many stares and I was not going to drive the one:1 as I said in the message. Then, the Tesla seemed too 'normal' and I wanted to save it for incognito, so I was finally left with the Subaru, which seemed as a good option as it looked more like a racing car, but yet it seemed as a regular street racing car.

You know, even if I am a fast learner 150 years can oxide your skills, and shifting manually the gear is a bit complicated, so I thought that a little bit of practice before the event would be necessary, so I took the keys of the Subaru and I took the car to the nearest route.

>---------<

I did good on practising some gear shifting, because It took me dozens of attempts before I managed to shift the first gear without stalling. Also I practised some drifting and high speed turns with the Subaru to get used to the car, as I did not usually use it for other type of races rather than quarter miles, and I could say that now I was ready for the event tomorrow.

It was almost night when I arrived home, and after parking I started recalling memories of the escape pursuit, more precisely when I was being chased by the Regera. And I thought of the conversation.
Another human. And he is in the side of law. Since it seemed that technology has been around for quite a long time, I decided to make some research on his persona. I started by searching news about humans, and I saw that most of the articles dated from at least two years. And when I opened the first one and I saw the face of my rival, I froze.

"It... it can't be possible" I managed to say.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the very late update. I was organizing better my story so it makes more sense.