• Published 11th May 2018
  • 3,647 Views, 341 Comments

The Issue of Multiple Sunsets - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
4
 341
 3,647

Nightly thirst

As it was most Saturdays, The Nightmare Moon was pretty well packed. Dozens of people in various states of dress, or lack thereof, were dancing, drinking, talking, and enjoying things of questionable moral and legal standing. Brightly colored lights flashed and dance, moving in time to the music. The air smelled sweat, hormones, alcohol, and... other things.

Chocolate Cherry sat near the dance floor, watching DJ Pon-3 performing on the stage. There was a feeling of envy at the sight. Cherry wanted to try her hand at being a DJ herself, but could never get up the nerve to make the effort.

She took a long drink of her soda.

Why was she even here? She did not feel like dancing, and was not drinking alcohol. Really it was to watch the DJ and listen to some music. She was not even really that interested in hooking...

The rest of the last thought was forgotten as she caught sight of someone. A woman stood on the opposite side of the dance floor, and Cherry could swear she was looking her right in the eye.

The other woman stalked across the dance floor, straight toward Chocolate Cherry. The people around her never stopped their dancing, or even looked at the woman, but always got out of her way, never even touching her. The woman's eyes never left Cherry, always focused on her as she came closer and closer.

Everything about the woman screamed "danger" to Cherry. That the woman was a predator, stalking its prey. That Cherry should get away lest she be eaten.

However, there were two problems with that. One was that like many prey, Cherry was frozen. All she could do was sit there, immobile, watching as this hungry jungle cat approached, moving closer and closer, with each silky smooth step. The other was that Chocolate Cherry was drawn to the woman. While she knew the dangers that went with it and often told herself it was not worth it, Cherry always found herself to the "bad boy" type. Or "bad girl." On whatever non-binary equivalent would be. She did not really care.

The woman came to a stop in front of Cherry's table and leaned forward. Her red -- no, blue (why did I think they were red?) -- eyes glowed in the darkness and dancing lights. A snarl -- grin -- spread across her face, perfect, white, glistening teeth. She held a hand out to Cherry, claws spread wide.

Slowly, never looking away from the woman's face, Cherry took it. The coolness of it sent a chill up her arm and down her spine.

Everything becomes blurry and runs together, making it hard to really remember anything. Cherry knew that they did not talk, but what did they do? Did she finish her drink? Have another? She remembered dancing, but how long? One song? Multiple? Was it over an hour?

The next thing that Cherry knew, they were outside the club, making their way down an alley. As they passed under a street light, she was able to get a better look at the other woman. She had skin such a pale yellow, it was almost white, and her hair was red and blond. There was definitely black in her clothing, but it was all over too quick to get a real good look.

When they were deep in the alleyway and well out of sight, Cherry was pressed firmly against one of the walls, pinned in place by her shoulder. One claw traced along her jaw and down her throat as the women moved closer. Her red eyes glowed in the darkness as she leaned in, smiling to reveal her sharp white teeth.

The woman brought her mouth down to Cherry's throat, crimson lips touching the dark red skin gently. Something hard and sharp pressed against the sensitive flesh.

Chocolate Cherry could not remember anything about her night after that.

The mysterious woman -- a vampire version Sunset Shimmer -- bit down, letting her razor sharp teeth pierce the soft skin and letting her taste that warm, salty, life-fluid. Her eyes close as she savored that first taste, a small moan of pleasure escaping her, and from her meal as well.

Tightening her grasp, she began to drink, swallowing mouthful after mouthful of that precious, nourishing blood. She could feel the stolen life spreading throughout her body, the stolen warmth of it. Her skin darkened, moving closer to the darker golden color she had when she had been alive.

Oh, how she enjoyed the feeling.

Alas, it was forced to come to an end all too soon.

With a wet pop, she released her grip on the girl's throat, swallowing the last mouthful of blood. Her tongue slid out, lapping across the spot. As it did, the holes closed up, leaving delicate neck looking perfectly untouched. She then looked the girl in the eye once more. Sunset's eyes glowed brighter, drawing the half-conscious mortal further into her power.

"Go home and to bed," vampire Sunset did. "You will remember nothing after the club, and have dreamed about meeting a handsome and well-built young man. Understood?"

The girl gave a nod. As soon as she was released, she turned and headed toward the street. Her gait was a little wobbly as she went, stumbling from side to side as she went. Between that, her glassy eyes, and where she was coming from, most people would simply assume she had been drinking, not noticing she lacked the aroma of alcohol emanating from her.

"Letting the meal get away alive?"

Vampire Sunset turned toward the deep gravelly voice. Not far from her stood a she-demon, with burning red skin and fiery hair. A grin spread across the demon's face, baring her own fangs, as her wings fluttered behind her.

The vampire relaxed, straightening up.

"A dead human can't be fed on or breed more," she stated. "Besides, bodies draw the attention of the police and The Slayer."

The demon smirked, moving closer.

"I don't think you need to worry about that last one." She paused. "Or, at least not in the way you're thinking about."

That got the vampire's interest. Turning toward the demon, she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? And why is that?'"

With a chuckle, the demon stepped closer.

"Oh, come now Sunset," she purred as much as such a deep, gravely voice was capable. "Do I not look familiar?" Lifting her head, she placed a hand on it as she turned from side to side. "Do you not see a resemblance?"

"As if that's supposed to prove something? The idea of a demon taking a familiar form -- or knowing things people shouldn't -- aren't exactly unheard of."

"A fair point," Sunset Satan conceded. "However, this is not the case." Her eyes narrowed as she grinned wider. "To put it simply, this isn't our world, and we aren't the only Sunset Shimmers here. I met quite a few so far, and half of them are considered evil to one extent or another."

Moving closer, she held out a hand.

"That's why I came looking for you. The friends of Sunset Shimmer in this world are looking for her, and they are finding some of the 'good' versions. You can be sure that they will be working together. As such, we need to develop an alliance of our own. A group of us to stop the other Sunsets and their friends, so we can make this world ours as we desire."

Vampire Sunset looked at the hand then took a step back, placing her hands on her hips.

"You honestly expect me to trust you? Or any of them for that matter?"

Satan looked at her a moment. She then let out a long low, rumble that was an attempt at laughing.

"You shouldn't," she finally answered. "We're all out for ourselves, and will destroy each other once we get the opportunity, letting only one of us be the queen of this world." Her gaze drifted up for the night sky. "But, for now, we have a mutual enemy, and we need to work together to stop them." Her gaze then shifted back to the other Sunset. "Our best chance is at least a temporary alliance until they are dealt with. Then we can deal with each other."

Turning to vampire Sunset fully, Sunset Satan put her hands on her hips as well.

"Besides, wouldn't it be better to know where the people who were going to screw you over actually were, instead of trying to look over your shoulder on your own?" One eyebrow raised. "Maybe you'll even pick up some clues on their weaknesses, or ideas on how to take them out first."

The vampire Sunset Shimmer narrowed her eyes, looking at the demonic one in front of her for a moment. She seemed pretty confident in herself. Then again, she was a demon. Probably felt pretty cocky about being able to handle a single vampire.

Or maybe it was because she was a Sunset Shimmer, and Sunset Shimmer was a cocky bitch no matter what form she took.

Whatever the case, vampire Sunset did not like the idea of working with others versions of her former human self. At the same time, the demon did make a valid point.

Hopefully, they would all be too busy studying each other to make a move soon.

"Alright. I'm in."

Sunset Satan grinned.

Author's Note:

A kind, gentle, and shy young woman in the city of Canterlot has been chosen as The Slayer, the one who will stand against and fight the evil that lurks in the darkness. Can she balance this new life with her old desires, and do what she must when she often prefers not to hurt anyone or anything? Find out in Fluttershy: The Vampire Slayer. Coming this fall to EQTV.