• Published 11th May 2018
  • 3,634 Views, 341 Comments

The Issue of Multiple Sunsets - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
4
 341
 3,634

Harmony Sentai

"Are you alright, Fluttershy?" Applejack asked as their group was back in Trixie's van. "You've been pretty quiet over there."

"How can you tell?" Adagio asked, raising an eyebrow. "I know statues that make more noise."

Fluttershy blinked, turning to look at the other two girls. She sat there a quietly, blinking as her attention returned to the real world around her. Now fully seeing Applejack and Adagio, she gave a gentle smile.

"I'm fine," she answered. "It's just..." she shifted, letting her gaze drift back toward the door. "I know that Principal Celestia is right, we don't know what other versions of Sunset we'll run into, or what they might do, so it's better that they stay there with her. But at the same time... I feel bad about leaving them behind like that."

"I understand your worry, sugar cube," Applejack replied. Reaching out, she pat her friend on the knee. "But it is better this way. If somethin' does happen, we don't have to worry that little girl gettin' caught in the middle or somethin'."

"Plus," Trixie called out, "would you really want a sweet, innocent, little girl anywhere near Adagio?"

This got Adagio's attention. Leaning forward, she raised an eyebrow and stared at the driver's seat.

"Are you implying something, little miss two bit stage mage?"

"That you are not above manipulating a child to get what you want," Trixie retorted.

Adagio Dazzle sat there a moment, lips pursed and looking up toward the ceiling. She gave a nod as she leaned back.

"Yeah," Adagio admitted. "I would totally do that. No reason to deny it."

"I know," Fluttershy said. "As I said, I know it was for the best, but I still feel bad about it. Like we're abandoning them there, or dumping our problems on Principal Celestia."

"Hey!" Pinkie called out. "Maybe we'll end up running across a dog version of Sunset, or something. Then you ca- LOOK OUT!"

A hiss escaped from Trixie as she slammed on the brakes. The wheels squealed as they tried to stop tons of steel from moving thirty miles per hour. The entire van screeched to a halt, stopping hard and causing the people inside to jerk forward. A yelp escaped siren Sunset as she was thrown from her seat, landing face first on the floor.

Standing in the road was (you guessed it) another Sunset Shimmer. This one was dressed in gold armor with red accents, and held a massive staff with the outline of her icon and a red gemstone in the middle on the top of it.

"Ah-ha-ha!" she cried out. "At last, we have found what we were looking for."

For some reason, her lip movements somehow did not match up with what she was saying.

"Imps!" she cried out, holding her staff in the air. "Arise!"

Red lightning shot out of the gemstone and struck the ground. From it appeared a group of humanoid creatures, with burnt orange skin, claws on their fingertips, and demonic wings.

"Attack!" armored Sunset called out, pointing her staff at the van. The imps ran toward the van, wings flapping behind them as they went.

"Hang on!" Trixie cried out. Shifting into reverse, she slammed down on the accelerator as hard as she could. The van jerked backwards, tires screeching as they tried to get traction. Again, the girls were jerked forward by the momentum, the ones with seat belts feeling it dig into them. Trixie then turned the wheel, wishing she could jerk it hard and turn the whole thing fast like in the movies, but worried that actually trying such would cause the van to flip or something.

She then put it back into drive and hit the gas, hard, getting the old thing all the way up to its maximum speed of fifty miles per hour (which was normally not an issue since she was driving around town, which topped out around forty, but not that impressive when trying to flee at high speed).

The escape attempt was short lived as one of the tires was destroyed. There was a loud bang as it popped, followed by the shaking and thump-thump-thump of a flat. The imps then quickly surrounded them, forcing Trixie to stop.

Pinkie rolled down the window while reaching into her pocket. Pulling out a handful of miniature marshmallows, she charged them with her magic before throwing them at the imps. The small pieces of fluffy sugar exploded in a burst of light, noise, and sticky sweetness.

Several of the imps made their way toward the panel door, grabbing the handle, they yanked it open, nearly ripping it off the slide rail in the process.

Adagio sat in her chair by the door. She leaned forward, pressing her arms against her chest to make her breasts stick out more. Her lips pursed out as she let her eyelids droop.

"You don't want to actually harm, little ol' me, now do you?" she asked, fluttering her eye lashes.

One of the imps bared its fangs and let out a hiss.

Adagio sighed, leaning back and giving a shake of head.

"I'm guessing that's a 'no,'" she said. "Shame really." She then shrugged. "Oh well."

She then kicked out, driving the tip of her boot into the creature's stomach. It fell backwards (although, it looked like it threw itself back), then laid there, wriggling its limbs around and thrashing.

Applejack moved toward the entrance and threw a punch. Although she aimed for the creature's face, she somehow managed to hit it in the chest. Much like the previous one, this imp "fell" back and squirmed on the ground.

More of them showed up, grabbing Adagio, Pinkie, and Applejack, to yank them out of the van and throw them on the ground. The imps then made their way in, grabbing Trixie and Fluttershy. Two of the creatures grabbed a hold of siren Sunset, picking her up and carrying.

With the five girls captured, the armored Sunset Shimmer turned her attention to the siren one. Again, she held up her staff, and red lightning shot out of it, destroying the ropes and gag while leaving siren Sunset untouched.

Free of her bounds, siren Sunset stood up and brushed herself off. She then stretched, rolled her head back and took a deep breath, slowly letting it out.

"It's good to be free again," she said before returning her attention to the world around her. She then turned her attention to the prisoners, a hungry shark grin spreading across her face. She stalked toward them. The gem on her neck began to glow.

"Now, to deal with you."

Dramatic heroic music suddenly filled the air, as did the sound of a motorcycle. A bright red one made its way along the street, heading right toward them. The rider suddenly jumped off, flying through the air. They flipped forward once before kicking out with their boots, hitting two of the imps and freeing Fluttershy. The rider then landed on their feet, the motorcycle somehow coming to a stop but not crashing not far away.

"Who are you?" armored Sunset asked, pointing a finger at the new arrival.

The rider stood up and turned to face her, dressed in black jeans and a red leather jacket. They removed their flaming bird helmet to reveal...

Sunset Shimmer.

"Hope I interrupted something important," she said, smirking. "Can't just let you attack people like that, now can I?"

"Get her!" armored Sunset ordered.

Helmet disappeared, biker Sunset threw up her left arm, the sleeve of her jacket falling down to reveal a gold bracer with a sun on it attached to her wrist.

"HARMONY POWER!" she cried out, tapping the symbol. A golden light engulfed her form as she transformed. Her normal clothes were replaced by a skintight red jumpsuit with gold accents on the gloves and boots. A flaming bird appeared overhead before flying at her, becoming a piece of armor for her shoulders and upper chest. A red and gold helmet engulfed her head, a black visor shaped like a pair of extended bird wings covering her eyes.

She struck a pose, standing wide with her arms thrown out to her side.

"The eternal flame of Justice!"

She then took a step forward and threw her fist up in a fighting pose.

"PHOENIX RANGER!"

Flame exploded from behind her, which somehow did no damage to any of the surrounding people or monsters.

"Imps! Attack!" armored Sunset shouted as she pointed at Super Sentai Harmony Rangers Phoenix Ranger Sunset Shimmer.

"Phoenix Blade!"

A large, curved, double-bladed dagger appeared in one hand. Ranger Sunset held it out in front of her and charged forward. As she ran past the imps, she made slashing motions, swinging left and right. At one point, she even did some sort of gymnastic spin-kick-flip motion for no obvious reason, and seemed to accomplish nothing. In fact, the Phoenix Blade seemed kind of pointless as well. Because, although she did make slashing motions with it, none of the imps ever showed signs of being cut. Instead, they would just fall and fly backwards and land on the ground, squirming there but not getting up.

The imps then all just disappeared. One second they were there, and the next they were gone.

Ranger Sunset then turned her attention to siren Sunset and armored Sunset.

"You haven't seen the last of me," armored Sunset called out. She then held up her staff above her, her and the siren Sunset balls of red light before shooting up into the sky and out of sight.

Ranger Sunset brought her hands up, crossing her wrists at eye-level before tossing them down to her sides. A light engulfed her form, disappearing to show her back in her normal clothes. She turned around, facing the others.

"Now, someone care to explain to me what's going on?"