• Published 20th Apr 2018
  • 550 Views, 11 Comments

Our Lives Among The Equine - Fabian Corcair



We "animals" never get to speak in your language, Equines, but we do have some interesting tales to tell. Some perhaps disturbing. (And also, some Equines have disproportionate say in this, which I'm highly against)

  • ...
 11
 550

The Beauty And The Beast, And The Fish

Are you scared? More often than not, in my experience, my low voice and being a big bear intimidate pretty much everyone, everyone but my caretakers. My Pegasus caretaker tells me that I should show what’s on the inside because what’s on the inside is a kind-hearted gentle-bear. She’s like a mother, you see, she taught me how to clean myself, how to act, and how to consume tea properly. Pretty much everything I really know. I feel like I get the special treatment from her, that’s every friend of mine say, everyone except that darn bunny Angel. Why no pony in their right minds would treat her badly, she’s the kindest and generous pony of all of Equestria, but that jerk gets me all furious. I just wanna grab that scruffy neck and sink my---Oh, manners. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t think of violent thoughts

Anyway, I have little to talk about. I do pretty much the same thing every day, eat, sleep, play with the caretaker. Not much done, I think. There was one interesting fella I met before, good guy. Do you wanna know his story? You won’t believe how we met.

I was at the pond fishing the other day, and won’t you believe it I caught a big one. A tremendous catch if I say so myself. I was about to eat it right before it commanded me to stop. I never knew that a fish could speak bear, such a thought never crossed my mind. What bear would teach a fish to speak anyway? Anyhow, I found it creepy to eat anything that could talk to me, so I dropped the fish back into the pond. I asked its name, the fish called itself Franky, Franky the fish. I knew nothing about no relatives, no gender, no nothing; but that doesn’t mean it didn’t talk about anything. It talked about fun stuff like how the pond’s going, what games its friends play, the temperature of the water, the best spots to rest, and how it’s glad to explore and see another bear that he could conversate with it. He likes communicating with other animals, that’s why he’s fluent in bear.

Yeah, I wanted a friend, so I talk about my stuff too. I talked about the lovey-dovey stuff I do with my caretaker once in a while, and it said how much care it received from her. I guess what we had in common was how much our caretaker care and feeds us so much. I was excited, I have a playmate, y’know. We met for next few days. I learned alot about the fish besides what I would consider basic information about itself, I try to persuade it to spill the beans and it finally did. Turns out, it had no family because he came from an egg. The most you would get out of it was about the games it played with the smaller and smaller number of friends leaving after they’re done with the breeding grounds. Turns out, Frank didn’t want to leave to the ocean, it wanted to stay with its friends and have all the food a fish could ever ask for.

I remember that one day’s afternoon, I figured we’d rendezvous like any other day, but Fluttershy was there too. Frank was struggling in a net Fluttershy's, flopping like a maniac. She struggled to lift it so she put poured it in a bag, you could say she had it in the bag. Anyway, she grabbed them… eh, opened end of it, and smacked it on a rock, or is it bashed it? Whatever method, she kept smacking or bashing it over and over and over and over again ‘till it stopped moving. It was brutal. Luckily, I slipped away before she could see or hear me.

That evening was interesting when me and my friends say down for a picnic, Frank was there on a place in front of us, grilled and in slices. We ate it, and it tastes delicious. I suppose I didn’t say anything to Fluttershy, I didn’t want to make Fluttershy feel bad, she’s usually sensitive to the topic of taking animal’s lives. I understood anyway, I kill fish too to eat and she had to kill to feed, but that one fish felt like an exception, a silly exception that is but still.

I later decided to actively participate in helping Fluttershy breeding and releasing fishes into the estuary. I try mighty hard to help fish, but I can never stop eating fish, guess some are just destined to do what they hate.

Anyway, have I ever told you about that time Angel screwed Fluttershy by protecting her? Crazy right. Anyway, I know he wants to protect her but boy oh boy did he messed up---