• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 974 Views, 30 Comments

Fluttershy's Critter Capers - CapNTilfy



Whenever Fluttershy isn't hanging out with her friends, she's hanging out with animals. This is her story. Book 6 of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
2
 30
 974

Shy By Night (The Night Before)

Fluttershy checked the time on her phone. Not yet. she thought to herself. Bored, she simply stared at the contacts list on her phone.

Applejack
Dad
Lemon Zest
Indigo Zap
Mom
Pinkie Pie
Rainbow Dash
Rarity
Sour Sweet
Sugarcoat
Sunset Shimmer
Sunny Flare
Twilight Sparkle
Zephyr Breeze

Applejack's positive attitude would really come in handy right about now. I don't like having nothing to do. She always works hard...I just wish my brother would too.

I could use one of Pinkie Pie's parties, but I imagine even she gets tired at the end of the day. No one's more fun than Pinkie Pie.

Rainbow Dash would probably say something to raise my spirits, and it always works. Not that I need cheering up. I'm shy, not depressed!

Rarity's probably busy working on the dresses for the spring dance at Crystal Prep. She always knows what to make for who, even if they don't!

Sunset Shimmer. She wasn't voted "Biggest Meanie" in the Freshman Yearbook for nothing. But since we changed her back from that winged demon form, she's proven herself to be a great friend. I wouldn't have bothered to pick her up otherwise.

Twilight Sparkle. This world's Twilight Sparkle. Not sure I'll ever get used to sayingthat. We met during the Friendship Games against Crystal Prep. She's always coming up with new things to invent when she's not hanging out with us or on a date with Timber.

As for Princess Twilight Sparkle, I haven't seen her since the Friendship Games. I never saw anybody stand up for me the way Princess Twilight did, and she even gave Sunset a second chance at friendship.

Her phone alarm went off. Finally! Fluttershy got into her car and drove off to pick Sunset up from work.

----------------------------------------------

"Thanks again for the ride!" said Sunset

Fluttershy smiled. "Don't mention it!" she said, and drove away.

At least the sushi business seems to working out for Sunset. Those poor fish, though...

----------------------------------------------

Fluttershy parked in her family's garage. When she walked out, she heard hooting.

"Oh hello, Fred! How was your day...or night, as it were?" Fluttershy said.

Fred hooted.

"I see. Well I hope she feels better soon."

Fred hooted again.

"You're welcome!" Fluttershy said with a smile. "Have a nice evening!"

Fluttershy looked to her left and right to make sure nobody was home. "Time to blow off some steam." she said as she started up the television and game console.

About an hour later, Fluttershy screamed in frustration. "Gah!" Maybe now isn't the best time for this. she thought, then switched to the nature channel. "Nature is so fascinating." she said. I wonder where everyone is? Oh well, it's not too often I get the house to myself.

Fluttershy heard a cat meowing outside the porch window. She walked up and opened the sliding-glass window. "Yes?" she said to the cat. "Can I help you with something?"

The cat meowed again.

"Oh. I think we still have some tuna." Fluttershy went back inside and checked the pantry. "Here we are!" she said as she grabbed a can opener and opened the tuna can. She walked back to the sliding-glass window and set the can in front of the cat. "Eat up!" she said with a smile. "This'll be just between you and me." she winked. The cat completely cleaned the can, then meowed again and left. "You're welcome!" said Fluttershy.

She sighed as she went back inside and slumped onto the couch in the living room. Caring for animals can be exhausting, but it sure is worth it! She watched the television for a little while longer, then yawned. "Guess I should go to bed."

Fluttershy walked upstairs to her room and changed into her pajamas. I don't have anything to do in the morning, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stay up all night. she thought as she got into bed, turned off the lights and slowly drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------

Fluttershy found herself in a lush tropical rainforest filled with the chattering and chirping of birds. The air was wet and hot, like a steamy shower. She was surrounded by various forest animals, speaking with each of them in turn while holding a tea party next to a waterfall. "Mane Goodall, eat your heart out." she thought aloud. She shut her eyes, and took in the sounds of the rainforest. She took a deep breath and exhaled a sigh of contentment. A gorilla plodded up to her and gave her a hug, followed by a light, affectionate noogie. Fluttershy giggled. "Oh, you." and pat the gorilla on the head.

A crocodile slowly made its way towards Fluttershy, nudging her to get her attention.

"Hello, there! How can I help you?" Fluttershy asked.

The crocodile blinked and made a noise.

"Gummy's family reunion?" Fluttershy blinked. "I'm not sure you're even in the right continent."

The crocodile blinked again and grunted, then waddled off.

"Poor thing seems to have a terrible sense of direction." Fluttershy frowned.

----------------------------------------------

Fluttershy woke up, feeling refreshed. She went downstairs, and got a bowl of cereal for breakfast. When she finished eating and put everything away, her phone rang.

"Hello?" said Fluttershy.

"Hiya, Fluttershy!" said Pinkie.

"Oh. Hello, Pinkie." Fluttershy said. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering how your night went and if you have any plans before you volunteer at the animal shelter." Said Pinkie.

"My night was uneventful. All I did was pick up Sunset from work, and it sounded like she had a very busy day."

"Oh, I know you picked SunShim up. I just wanted to hear about it from you." Pinkie grinned. "Maybe I should check in with her before I go over daytime plans with you."

"Oh, that would be nice of you. I won't take another minute of your time." Fluttershy said.

"Okie-dokie-lokie!" Said Pinkie. She hung up on Fluttershy.

After a couple of minutes, her phone buzzed.

Change of plans, Fluttershy. I'll explain in a text to everyone.- Sent by Pinkie Pie

Okay.- Sent by Fluttershy

"Oh dear, I hope Sunset's okay..." said Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

I know Gummy's an Alligator, that was just a joke because Alligators and Crocodiles are part of the same family. =P