• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 406 Views, 2 Comments

Experiments: Shielded Soul - TRIBOT 4000



After a fatal accident, Solid Gold, a hoofball player, discovers he had so much he can still offer the world: protection.

  • ...
 2
 406

The Seventh Chapter

The cafeteria was not what I expected...like...at all. There was a no amount of anticipation that could prepare me for what I saw when we walked through those doors, Coal in tow behind us. It wasn't a lab like before, it wasn't a torture chamber, and it wasn't a training area with an ice cream laser. It was much, much more.

It was like a high school cafeteria...but with monstrous beasts of every shape and si… oh wait... I guess that's just a normal high school cafeteria isn't it? Well then, onward.

There were creatures of every shape and size in there. Zebras, minotaurs, changelings, and many more. Most of the Zebras had symbols etched into their skin, similar to my own. A lot of the changelings appeared to be...I'm not sure...despondant? Not that I care though. For all I know, one of them was responsible for Jester. One thing I noticed was the absolute lack of any ponies. I was the only one there that was even in that species. Well, aside from Doctor Fleisch, but I don't qualify him as a creature worth the dirt off an anthill so he doesn't count.

Coal was released from his magical grip restraints and grunted in annoyance from the rough drop. He kept a distance from the Doctor that bordered on hatred of the highest order. I immediately approved.

"Vell? Vhat do you Zink? It's nice, is it not?" the Doctor said as he saddled uncomfortably close. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever makes ya happy." I looked around and noticed, even from this distance, that the food here was obviously better here than the room service. I glanced at the Doctor and smirked, "But I'm not sure if the parents are supposed to go to school with their kids so why don't you and little...um... Guard-Of-Eternal-Light just leave us be?" I saw Coal smile ever so slightly.

Doctor Fleisch chuckled and started walking towards one of the Staff Only or You will be Incinerated Doors and said, "Oh, believe me, Gypsum is staying vith you two. My children need to be kept in check after all. Auf Wiedersehen!" and with that he was gone, and a breath I doubt anyone knew they were holding, escaped the lips of almost creature in the room. I looked back at 'Gypsum' (damn, and I liked the name Armored Pony) shrugged.

It was strange. Even in the brightly lit cafeteria, she was practically shining. I could pick out a few other details about her armor such as the fact that her armor was not, in fact, seamless. There were lines you could see that showed her armor was like mine, made of a lot of little pieces so as not to allow any sort of entry.

When the three of us got our food and found a table I decided to make small talk. Might as well, I'm not the type to enjoy awkward silences, "So, Gypsum?" She turned her head to me, "You been a here a long time?" She waited a second, mulling over the question I presume, and nodded, "See? It's not hard to make conversation. Even if you don't actually talk."

Coal jumped in with a grunt, "Well maybe she just doesn't want to make conversation."

"Oh? Well then, why did she nod to my question? Answer me that killjoy." I had him right where I wanted him.

"I'm sure Gypsum is just being polite. You've heard of that, right? It's something common that ponies try to do. now and then. You know, to be courteous." I laughed at him.

"Oh sure, blame it on politeness."

"I'm not blaming anything on anything!" He said, loud enough to get some glances from some nearby griffons. "I'm just saying, you might not want to ruffle her feathers."

I shook my head and took a bite of...whatever I had gotten, "I didn't know she was a Pegasus." I turned to Gypsum who had chosen to watch us silently, "Are you a Pegasus?" She nodded. I raised a hoof in victory, "I have triumphed once more. Two points for me."

"How is that two points?" Coal asked me increduouasly.

"Because I got you to tell me she's a Pegasus and she said yes when I asked her so I have made progress in our little trios friendship. I really should get three points."

"I doubt she wants to be friends with you."

"Oh? And how would you know that?" I pointed an accusing hoof, "You haven't asked her have you?" he didn't respond, "I didn't think so." Then a voice I had never heard before made itself known.

"I would like to be friends." It echoed slightly, even if it wasn't loud enough for anyone except us to hear. I turned to Gypsum as she stared back at me. I smiled happily. Progress.

"Well Gypsum, welcome to the...uh..." I put a hoof to my chin and thought for a moment, "... the Solid Gold Friendship Circle."

Coal groaned, "That is quite possibly the dumbest name I've ever heard for a group of friends. In fact, I don't think friends actually make names for themselves like that. Next thing you know, ponies will start making groups like...I don't know, the Cutie Mark Crusaders or some shit."

I gasped in delight, "That sounds like an awesome name, but I also get the strange feeling it's probably been taken." I got a nod from Gypsum at that. Like I said: progress.

____________________________

Gypsum talked a few more times. We got some "yes's" and "no's" out of her in the conversation. Her voice was either very distinctive or very indistinctive. You could tell she was female but it sounded like someone yelling from deep within a cave. Her voice could echo if she whispered.

Anyway, when lunch (or breakfast, according to Coal) was over, we, along with the other creatures, were ushered threw different doors by Gypsum. I guessed this was when we'd separate, so I made sure to say 'See you later' before you leaving. She didn't answer that. Interesting.

A few twists and turns later and we found ourselves... outside. I hoofed the dirt to be sure. It felt strangely metallic. Looking up at the sun, I noticed a bit of a luminescent glow to it. The sky even looked box-like.

"Artificial." I turned my head to Coal. He didn't acknowledge me and chose silence. Maybe I annoyed him in the cafeteria? Oh well, no time to dwell on it anyway, a giant podium had been erected in the center of this little "fake outdoors" area, and it seemed like Doctor Flietch was getting ready to announce something. The other creatures gathered in a somewhat organized group as the Doctor began.

"Hello everyvun. How are you?" No one responded. The Doctor wasn't deterred, "I am Doctor Fleisch as you all already know. You are here to get to know each other better."

I couldn't help myself, "I'm here because of some half-assed foalnapping so..." I got some surprised looks from the other monsters nearby.

The Doctor was quite surprised, "I vouldn't call it a foalnapping, Mister Solid."

"I didn't ask." I responded. A few gasps and some snickers could be heard around me. I smirked happily. You can imprison my body but not my soul!

Actually scratch that, maybe he can. Best not to push it.

Unfortuantely, my jokes weren't getting me much headway. Doctor Fleisch simply smiled at me and left through a door in the "wall" and I waited for something to happen. And something did happen, let me tell ya.

The first thing I heard was metal on metal. I turned my head and saw a griffon and a changeling going at it with newly gifted weapons. The Griffon used an axe of some sort, the changeling used daggers. Other creatures rooted them on while some went to have battles of their own. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Coal Dust holding a golden sword up to me. Please note that I say golden for lack of a better word. Whatever material everything I'd been using was, it certainly wasn't gold. And it wasn't like the royal guard armor so you'll have to settle with a simple "Really Hard Metal" for now.

I took the blade in my hoof and swung around a few times to loosen up. It was about half as big as my whole body but this baby had some weight to it. When I looked back ay Coal, he was already in a defensive stance. One thing I noticed was that, though armorless, he had weapons of his own. A pair of steel looking claws on each forehoof. They honestly looked pretty badass (no offence to actual asses, tis an expression).

I took a stance of my own and waited for him to attack. And he did. Quick as lightning he was two inches from my face. I saw a claw ready to rip my throat out and parried in time to step out of dodge. He didn't let up though. He struck towards me with two slashes in succession as I did my best to stay out of the way. He spun and slashed a third time, actually hitting my arm. I looked down at the wound and saw blood dripping down, a bit more than I would have liked. And it hurt like Tartarus.

"Hey!" I yelled at him, "Could you not get me killed? I'd rather not end up skewered by--yowza!" I ducked in time to be missed by a tornado like spin from my...uh...friend. He finished his spin by latching on the ground with a claw and spinning his body so his back hooves went toward me. This time I didn't move. He came at me with a full forced buck. It sounded like someone had thrown a brick at Celestias castle without thinking that the damage level might actually not be a possibility.

Coal stood up from his daze and looked at my stomach where he'd hit me before asking, "Were you like that before or after they messed with you?"

"Before." I replied.

"Damn." he said before slashing at me again. I decided not to give him the advantage this time and brought a hoof straight to the side of his head. I didn't smack him full on, after all, with or without armor I'm still pretty frickin' solid (pun not intended).

He got up from his second daze, albeit, slower this time and looked at me in bewilderment before giving the very smallest of glances around. I took notice and looked as well to behold every other creature in the room having stopped to watch with eager stares. Coal Dust is much more popular than I thought.

My attention was brought back when something scratched my chest. I backed up and looked down to see three scratches, possibly permanent on my chest. I grunted in pain and stumbled back a few steps. I didn't let it distract me though. Coal Dust came charging again and ready to strike. This time I took my sword and slipped it between his claws, cutting him in the face. His strike still came though so I made sure to move away at the same time.

Coal Dust appeared shocked from the strike, as if I had just achieved the impossible. Perhaps I had, I don't know what type of fighter Coal is, although I'm starting to get an idea. When his attention was back on me, he did something that I would normally have deemed impossible but...under the circumstances.

His body slowly started to be encased in a dark mist, almost the same color as his coat. When it full encompassed his body, the only thing I could see was a faint outline of him and his eyes glowing ever more brightly. He started making his towards me, claws still drawn. When he close enough I tried punch him. My hoof went through him as I felt nothing but a chill where I had gone through. I moved forward and was then behind him incredibly surprised.

"Celestias flaming ti-Whoa!" my cursing was abruptly stopped when the mist-i-fied Coal turned around and put a claw to my throat quicker than I could think. His claw didn't cut through, but it was touching me at the base of my neck. I heard a voice coming from Coal.

"We need to get out of here before we fight." He removed the claw from my neck and returned to his original form, wings still bound, "Because I won't hold back." and with that he walked away to a refreshment stand I hadn't seen and got himself some water. I remained where I was, thinking. I had many questions, but it seemed like none of them would be answered today.

Author's Note:

Well, there it is, the seventh chapter. I bet some of you have been waiting for this. In hindsight I'd like to say that the chapters for my stories are going to take a bit longer to make because I plan on spending more time revising and making sure they're how I want them to be so...yeah.

Also, don't know if you noticed but I've added swearing as one of the tags on this so that might explain the amount of language in this.

BTW, one last thing, if you would like I'm open for battle story freestyles. I can type up a battle between any two characters you provide for the current price of $0.00. if you can't already tell, I have a knack for making good fight scenes, so slide into those DMs anytime and I'll type one up just for you.

Anyways, have a wonderful day.