• Published 18th Apr 2018
  • 835 Views, 62 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Harmony - XFangHeartX

  • ...
1
 62
 835

The Wrath of Queen Tundra, Part 1- Final Act

It was hard to tell because of the cloud cover, but the group estimated that it must have been about mid-afternoon by the time they reached the Everfree Forest, and even then, they found that it was covered in a thick blanket of snow.

"Looks like Queen Tundra was here, too," said Twilight.

"You think the Tree of Harmony is okay?" Pinkie asked, genuinely worried.

"I do hope so," Rarity replied.

"We don't have any time to lose," said Tempest as she stepped forward. "Let's get moving!"

Though some, such as Rarity and Fluttershy, seemed hesitant, the group followed Tempest into the forest. However, as they did...they seemed unaware that they were being watched. As the heroes continued to make their way through the forest, Applejack stopped as she heard footsteps coming from nearby. They sounded crackly, almost like rattling sticks. At first, she thought it was simply just the wind, rustling some tree branches around...but then her nose caught a very foul scent, and that's when she felt an unsettling chill down her spine. She turned, and she gasped upon seeing a large pack of timberwolves!

"RUN!!!" Applejack shouted as she ran passed her friends, who all turned upon seeing the timberwolves before they soon shrieked and bolted themselves while the lupine-like monsters gave chase, barking, snarling, and snapping their wooden jaws.

"YIKES!!" Rainbow Dash yelped as she narrowly avoided getting her tail bitten off.

"Run faster!!" Tempest yelled as she kicked another one in the jaw, but they still continued the pursuit. That's when Pinkie yelped as she felt one bite her tail and pull her back.

"PINKIE!!" the group cried.

"Oh, no, you don't!!" Tempest shouted as she shot a blast of magic from her horn, destroying the timberwolf and freeing Pinkie, who continued to run with the others, but the beasts still continued to chase after them. That's when the group spotted a hollow tree, just big enough for all them to hide under. The timberwolves stopped before they sniffed the ground, while Twilight and company kept their mouths shut and lied low to the ground. After what felt like hours, the timberwolves soon trotted off in search of other prey, causing the group to heave a collective sigh of relief as they came out of hiding.

"That was close," Fluttershy whispered. "Too close."

"Is it me?" Rarity asked. "Or did those timberwolves seem more aggressive than they usually are?"

"Yeah," said Rainbow. "Normally, when they see one of their own get shattered like that, they turn tail and run!"

"That's because timberwolves are more desperate during winter," said Applejack. "They don't care what happens to them as long as they can get somethin' to eat!"

"That actually has me thinking," Tempest said. "If we don't stop Queen Tundra, who knows what other monsters might come out? Like the windigos?"

"Or even worse," said Twilight. "What if she puts all of Equestria into a new ice age? There'd be nopony...no creature left alive in Equestria."

Everypony looked at each other, worriedly.

"...We gotta move," Applejack said before the group continued to make their way to the Tree of Harmony. However, Tempest stopped and momentarily looked back, narrowing her eyes in suspicion, before she continued to follow her friends.

XXX

"We made it!" Twilight exclaimed, after what felt like hours of walking through the thick snow, she and the others had finally reached the cave where the Tree of Harmony stood in all its glory.

"So this is the Tree of Harmony," whispered Tempest. "I heard that the Staff of Sacanas was crafted from one of its branches."

"Well, now we need to get the Elements of Harmony out of it," said Twilight as she looked to her friends with a determined expression. "Everypony ready?"

"You know it!" Rainbow Dash grinned.

"Ready whenever you are, Twilight!" Rarity nodded.

"Let's save Equestria," Fluttershy said, though not as boisterous, but just as enthusiastic as her friends.

"What are we waitin' for?" Applejack asked.

"Let's do this thing!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Twilight nodded her head before she turned to the Tree of Harmony and shot a bolt of magic from her horn, causing the elements to float toward their respective vessels.

"Honesty," Applejack said.

"Kindness," Fluttershy uttered.

"Laughter!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Generosity," Rarity smiled.

"Loyalty!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Magic," Twilight spoke as she placed the Element of Magic on her head...but when she did, she suddenly tensed up as the crown began to release sparks, which began to shock Twilight all over, making her scream in pain.

"Twilight?!" Applejack asked.

"What's happening?!" Tempest questioned.

"Get...it...OFF!!" Twilight cried as she tried to pull the crown off, and the others hurried to their friend's aid. It took a bit of effort, but the group managed to pull the Element of Magic off of Twilight's head. The purple alicorn panted heavily while Pinkie put a hoof on her shoulder in concern.

"What happened?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Are you okay, Twilight?!" Rarity asked.

"The...the Element of Magic...!" Twilight whispered in horror as she looked down at it. "It...it rejected me!"

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Dun-dun-DUUUUUUUUN!!

My Little Pony © Hasbro, DHX, and Lauren Faust

Story and OCs © Me