• Published 19th Apr 2018
  • 1,013 Views, 5 Comments

Harmony and Fate: A King's return - Velvet-Fresh

  • ...
3
 5
 1,013

Prologue- Dawn of One's Fate

Saber's POV


So It has come down to this after all.The cold twilight air brushes against my face as i strode over to Shirou, my master. The red sky pulsed with the grail's corruption. "I shall destroy the holy grail." I called out. My master still holding Illya protectively in his arms. I strode on ahead, without looking back. This is the end, and I have to be strong for them both. "Master, your order please." I couldn't help hide my pleading tone as I asked. "I cannot destroy it without your orders." I could feel his mind reeling. But we can't hold back, it has came down to this after all. "Please use your last command seal." I requested Shirou. If only i can be strong as you. I turned to face him, smiling "Shirou. I wish to hear it from your lips." I can see his eyes harden. with inner resolve, and i know what must be done.

Watashi wa kara o ashiteru.
I love Shirou. I wish he can be happy now.

Kara no watashi master.
He is my master, I am his servant. I live to serve him. Always, to the end.

I had hope we could stay together.
Shikaishi. This needed to be done. So he can find happiness. He, Rin, Sakura and everyone else. we come and met.

Shirou, omea wa ikiru hitsuyō ga aru.
Live your life, be happy. Because, I love you.

Kono... This needs to be done
It has come down to this.

"Fulfill your duty." I hear his voice, his resolve. I can feel it resonating. I held my blade, letting my magic pour into it. It's blinding light cutting through this darkness as my master's resolve fills me with determination. As i and stare up into the Holy Grail. I steel everything i have. I released Excalibur's power into the oozing corruption.

Owarimashita. I reflect on everything. Everyone. My old master, Kiritsugi. You raised Shirou well. Ah, the dawn's breaking. The breeze pleasant it is truly over, the war, and my time has come. I can already feel myself fading. I face Shirou. Emiya Shirou, watashi wa shugin. waga... "Shirou, anata aishiteru." I smile fondly at all the fond memories we had. Of everything. As the sun's first light shines. I felt myself being called back. The sun blinded Shirou. I gave out a sigh. I wish I could see the utopia we could have made together. I close my eyes and submit to the void.


With a startling gasp. I lurched upward. Feeling confused, i look around to find myself in a clearing inside a forest as it's snowing heavily. Where am I? I thought i'll return to be with the other servant spirits. I can feel my breath in this cold weather. I can feel the snow against my exposed skin. The cool winter air brushing my hair, the beat of my heart. I'm Alive? I search, and I can feel Excalibur within Avalon. I stood up, snow crumbling under my shoe. I look down. Isn't this my dress? The cold doesn't bother me but I was wearing my armor previously. I felt something, a pulse of magic on my person. I searched and from within my pocket I pull out cards? I spread them out in my hand 7 cards all. My eyes widen at the sight, I recognize what these cards represent. Saber, Lancer, Rider, Archer, Caster, Assassin and Berserker. I fold them back into my pocket, when i sensed another source of magic in the distance. My body tensed, it felt wrong, dark and malevolent. I sprung into action dashing deeper into the trees towards the source.

Once I exited the forest, I spot the source after I was beheld by a sudden blizzard. The source of the blizzard; Spiritual beasts, monsters. They were howling inhumanly as they generate the storm. Battering what seems to be a cave. I spot a small flickering life in the cave. A campfire, they're going to freeze. My hand clenched into a fist, with a flick I summoned Excalibur and jumped high, towards one of them. With a shout I slashed, my sword was able to cut through the beast. Glad to know. I land back down, and jump on the mountains. Dodging their directed assault as I leap up slicing at one but missed as it veered back. I land down and was able to make it to the cave. I look in and was surprise to see three beings. They look human but at the same time not. The three huddled close to a meager fire, one clearly armored. Shivering with a sword clench in their hand. What surprises me is the wings on their back. I call out "Are you alright?"


Clover the Clever. 2 BF


My name is Clover Fourleaf, and today I am going to die. Atleast I am with my newfound friends. If only our leaders were more open minded. The cold is starting to get to us, besides myself, there's Private Petunia Pansy the pegasus warrior shivering in her armor and Smart Cookie, the advisor to Chancellor Puddinghead. I smiled as i held Cookie's hand. Funny, we were so busy fighting one another but in the end we're still ponies. We live and die together all the same.. if only we find that out before we brought those cursed wendigos into our land. Now we know, our doom was all our fault. Our hatred will be our downfall. Why did it have to come to this? I look to our left, sighing with disappointment at the sight of our frozen leaders. They'll die soon, and we'll soon follow. "Clover" I look up seeing Cookie, her ear perked as she look at the entrance. "I heard something." I looked and listened closely. Through the howling winds i did catch the sound of snow crunching, the beast screaming in agony and battle cries. Hope rekindled, i look on in anticipation. But was surprised when i saw a female being, she's clearly not a pony. My horn itch as i look at her sword sensing very powerful magic radiating from it.

"Are you alright?" she asked in our language. I look up surprised and meekly nod. She gave a nod in reply. "Good. Stay back." she commanded, we complied without a second thought. I can feel she's going to do something.

I backed away suddenly by a sudden surge of magic, my friends did the same. Pansy was terrified so was Cookie, by Faust they felt it too? This is unbelievable! I can feel her gathering magic from herself and all around her and she's powerful. Very powerful, more so than master Starswirl. I can't look away as her blade radiate with magical energy. She steps forward, stood her ground not bothered by the wendigo's unrelenting assault. The ice, and snow around her melt just from her immense energy. We all can only look in awe and fear. As she screamed a word and everything goes white and the world shook.

"EXCALIBUR!"

Author's Note:

Blaam!