• Published 17th Apr 2018
  • 647 Views, 5 Comments

The Brother's Adventure 3 - lightningman



What will happen when The Friendship Games finally start up with Voidic in play? Will Voidic Finally deal with The Red Scorpions?

  • ...
2
 5
 647

Chapter 7 - The Final Event

That night, as i was heading towards the final event, I felt a flash of pain go through my stomach, but then it stopped. This had happened only twice in my life. Both times, it had been followed by new powers and/or upgrades to my void magic. I blink a few times and sat down, diving into my mind. I searched for my void magic and upgrades. I found it and realized that I had a new power that allowed me to share my powers to anybody else that I chose. I was surprised to say the least. I also had the choice to make it permanent or not. After the permanent upgrade, was the choice to be able to take away the powers and feel what powers the people I chose were using. There was also another one called Invisibility, that cloaked me in void magic, I didn't need this because I had Shadow Walk. But I would get it anyway. I grabbed my body controls and my runes, absorbing the powers of the appropriate amount of runes. Then spending them and getting my powers, I could feel more of the void seeping into me, making me more powerful than before. I sigh as I get back to my normal level of consciousness and used Invisibility. A black shroud surrounded me into basically what was a full-body tight suit. I looked at the window to see my reflection, and I really was invisible. I smiled and ran to the final event. Soon I was there.

"Attention Everyone. Welcome to the Third and Final Event of this year's Friendship Games." Everyone began to cheer as I ended Invisibility in front of the girls who jumped a little. "As the score is currently tied, this event will figure out who will be the winner this year." Dean Cadence said. And Vice-Principal Luna continued.

"Somewhere on campus, a pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find their school's flag and bring it back wins."

"And as soon as our teams are ready, we'll begin." Cadence said. Suddenly behind me. Fluttershy spoke up.

"I don't feel like playing these games anymore."

"But we have to play. This is the last event!" Rainbow Dash yelled

"It's a little hard to focus with all the magic stealing and portal opening." Rarity sighs

"And I feel awful about what I said to Twilight." Sunset said

"Especially since she obviously didn't mean to do all the stuff she did. She's actually really nice." Fluttershy said. Sunset groans and facepalms

" Let's just get through this last event and prove we're not a bunch of cheaters. Then you can go over and apologize." Applejack said. While over on the other side. Twilight and her team were talking.

"I know I'm asking you to beat a team that isn't playing fair, but Canterlot High must be made to understand that even with magic at their disposal, beating Crystal Prep is simply not an option."

"What if they grow wings again? And what if that Xayvier kid uses his powers?"

"A fair question. Though I believe we can now fight fire with fire. I've seen what your device can do, Twilight. Containing magical energy is fine, but have you considered releasing it?"

"But I don't even understand how it works. And It has yet to absorb Xayvier's powers, so it won't work against him." Sci-Twi said.

"But you'd like to understand how it works. And since our opponents have already used it to stay competitive, I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same. Unless, of course, you have no interest in Everton. Though, honestly, I think there's more knowledge packed in that little device than any independent study program could offer.

"NO!!!!" I yell as Twilight opens it up and she floats in the air. Suddenly the purple sphere began to engulf her. She struggled to break free.

"Heeeelllp..... MEEeee!" She reached out for someone to help her. I couldn't reach her in time before she transformed. Midnight Sparkle was born. She began to cackle.

"You were right!" She said to Sunset. "I didn't understand Magic. But I do now!" She sent out an energy burst at the statue, Blowing it up. And a portal showing Ponyville's town hall opened up.

"Equestria." Sunset said.

The power of the portal was so much, that it began to crack the concrete. Midnight smiled and struck it with another energy blast, opening another portal. She continued this for a while, while Principal Cinch began to leave.

"HEY! Where are you going?" Sunny flare asked her.

"Anywhere to avoid that... monster! And I suggest you do the same!" She yelled back. Meanwhile Sunset was trying to calm Twilight down.

"Twilight, you can't do this!"

"Why not?! There's a whole other world right there, and it's just filled with magic!" She blasted another portal open.

"But you're destroying this world to get it!" Sunset said desperately.

"So what? There's more magic there, and I want to understand it all!" She continued on doing what she was doing. An explosion blasted sunset aside and towards the necklace that contained the energy. The floor crumbled and Applejack dived to save another student, I began to help her out.

"Don't Let go!" Applejack said as she began to pull her up. All of the Crystal prep began to help us out as well. Suddenly the floor under rarity cracked and she just managed to hold onto what was left of the floor.

"Hang on!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"OBVIOUSLY!" Rarity yelled back. She was just about to fall before Indigo Zap and another student grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

"We got you." I looked at Sunset shimmer, and the device in her hand began to hum and the girls began to glow. Sunset got a determined look on her face and looked towards Midnight Sparkle.

"This isn't the way! I know you feel powerful right now, like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake you're making! I put on a crown and, just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained! I thought it could get me everything I wanted!"

"Oh, you're wrong. Unlike you, I can have everything I want!"

"No, you can't. Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone! True magic comes from honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness! I understand you, Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all..." A bright light surrounded Sunset shimmer, transforming her. I smiled.

"Yes." I whispered.

"The Magic of Friendship." Daydream Shimmer said. Daydream and Midnight began to battle. Soon enough, it seemed that Midnight was going to win, But Spike called out to her.

"TWILIGHT!" A distinct change went into Midnight's eyes.

"Spike?" She asked quietly. In her distraction. Daydream managed to overpower her. "NOOOO!!!!!!!" There was silence for a few seconds as a white sphere was suspended in place where Daydream and Midnight had floated. Soon, it dissipated, and in there place. Twilight, and Sunset.

"I am so sorry... I didn't mean for any of this to happen..." Twilight cried.

"I know. And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you." Sunset smiled with a hand on her shoulder. AFter a little bit of celebration, I saw principal cinch marching up to Principal Celestia. I frown and walked to them.

"Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games! Clearly, CHS has had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

"I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all." Principal Celestia smirked.

"At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game." Sugarcoat said. (Very... VERY.... Unfitting name.)

"Wow! That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once." Pinkie Pie said.

"That's ridiculous!" Principal Cinch spluttered

"Nope. That's pretty much what happened." Spike deadpanned.

"Can I hit her now?" I ask.

"Not yet." Applejack told me. Just then Sour sweet talked.

"Actually, we're all to blame." Sudden change. "But it's mostly her."

"Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!"

"Good. I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings."

"Oh, and the portals to different dimensions."

"And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog and the teenage superhero." She laughs.

"Because that would never ruin your reputation." Cinch looked like she was about to blow up, before she straightened her shirt and walked away.

"Now?" I ask.

"Sure." Applejack nods.

"YAY!" I Blink towards her and grab her. I blink again and she wasn't seen from again for a good 3 days.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------The Next Morning.----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I guess that was one way to finish up your time at Crystal Prep. Pretty sure Cinch will be fast-tracking your application after all of that. If we find her." Dean Cadence was talking to Twilight on the front steps of CHS

"I've been thinking about it and... I'm not so sure now is the time for me to apply to Everton."

"Really?"

"I may know about a lot of things, but friendship isn't really one of them. And I'm definitely not gonna learn more about it by being alone all the time."

"So, you're staying at Crystal Prep?"

"Well, it seems the students here at CHS know an awful lot about the subject. I don't suppose..."

"You could transfer to this school instead."

"Really?"

"You'd certainly be missed at Crystal Prep. But I think that's a great idea!" She said as she hugged Twilight. "I'll be sure to speak to Principal Celestia about it right away." I smile as I was hidden away from them for the time being. Suddenly I felt something drop down on my head and I frowned. But when I read the address, my heart stopped for a second. I gulped and put it in my pocket. I would show the girls soon.

"Still no word from Princess Twilight?"

"Not yet." Sunset shakes her head. "But I think I may have figured out how magic works in this world. We pony up when we're showing the truest part of ourselves. I was so busy waiting for someone else to give me the answers that I gave up looking for them myself. I'm sure there will be more magical problems that pop up in this world, but like Applejack said, Princess Twilight has her own problems to worry about in Equestria. We can't expect her to always be around to help us."

"But maybe I can be?" Sci-Twi walks up to them.

"It seems we have a new Wondercolt here at Canterlot High!" Principal Celestia smiles.

"I'm not sure how much help I could be. But I'd like to try. If you would all give me a chance."

"I'm sure I can count on you girls to help her feel at home."

"You sure can." Sunset smiled as she hugged her. Everybody joined in and Pinkie Pie grabbed me and made me join in. I smile and hug them all.

"But girls? I need to show you something." I escape from the group hug. "I think I found my next adventure." I pull out the letter on parchment with green ink staining it. I showed them the address.

Mr. Voidic

Outside by the statue

Canterlot High School

Medicine Hat

Alberta

Canada.

Author's Note:

Who can guess what the next crossover is going to be? HUH? HUH? When someone gets it right, that's when im releasing the next story. I want more interaction!

Comments ( 1 )

9498806
I was going through my comments when I saw this and I realized if forgot to reply. It's because twilight's spectrometer was focused on the harmony magic that was happening and not the void magic. It still picked it up, but it didn't trap it because that wasn't it's job.

Login or register to comment