• Published 14th Apr 2018
  • 4,889 Views, 1,441 Comments

Unpleasant Correspondence - StormLuna



After sending Twilight to Ponyville, Princess Celestia demands letters from her but when Twilight starts to complain, Celestia becomes unhappy and replies to her letters in her own way.

  • ...
52
 1,441
 4,889

PreviousChapters Next
Post-Series Special 9: Starlight's Betrayal (Live Action)

It had been another long day in Canterlot as Starlight, Trixie and Celestia had been preparing for the events to come. During that morning, they had made the decision that the coronation of Starlight would come first and then in the afternoon the plans were being made for what would be an incredibly lavish wedding, a wedding that The Great and Powerful Trixie felt was necessary.

That evening after supper and after Celestia and Luna had done their duties, the duties that they did came into discussion. Luna asked, "Sister, so what are the plans for the sun and moon? I know Starlight and Trixie will handle them but when should we train......."

Trixie had been thinking about this and she couldn't help but interrupt, "Well The Great and Powerful Trixie thinks she should handle the moon since she has a moon as part of her cutie mark." She then pointed towards Starlight and continued, "And Starlight can handle the sun."

Luna gave Trixie a scowl when she interrupted her. Once Trixie had finished Luna said, "Perhaps." She then turned towards Celestia and asked, "Sister, what do you think of Trixie's plan? Do you think Starlight would be better suited to handle the sun?"

Celestia gave her daughter a smile and replied, "Yes, I do think Starlight would be better suited for it since she is my daughter after all."

Luna asked, "Very well but when should we begin to train them? They need to have this down before we retire."

Celestia replied, "We shall begin to train them tomorrow. We will have them study our spells and then when the time is right, we will have them give it a shot." She turned to Starlight and continued, "And you my daughter, I know you will handle the sun perfectly!"

Starlight gave her a smile, "Thanks for having so much confidence in me mom."

Trixie was a bit irritated that Celestia seemed to be so focused on Starlight but wasn't paying much attention to her. "What about Trixie?" asked Trixie, "Do you think The Great and Powerful Trixie will be good at handling the moon?"

Celestia and Luna looked at one another before looking at Trixie. Luna replied, "With the right amount of studying, maybe."

Celestia added, "And focus Trixie, you will have to have focus if you want to do this. If you don't, Starlight will wind up being responsible for both the sun and moon."

What seemed to be a lack in confidence from both princesses did not sit well with Trixie, "What?" She developed a scowl on her face and snapped, "Neither one of you think that Trixie can handle it do you?" She especially gave Luna a deep glare and added, "You think only your precious niece can handle it, don't you?"

Her response did not sit well with either princess but it angered Starlight. She glared at Trixie and said, "Look, my Aunt Luna takes a great amount of pride in not just handling the moon but the whole night sky and she simply wants to make sure you are completely ready."

Trixie got up, stomped her hoof on the floor and yelled, "Why are you holding up for her Starlight? Why aren't you holding up for The Great and Powerful Trixie? Why aren't you holding up for your soon to be wife?" Starlight began to try and respond but Trixie continued, "Well The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't need this kind of stress, she is going to bed. She will see you later."

Trixie stormed off and both princesses could see the disgust in Starlight's face. Luna was the first to say anything, "Starlight, you seem upset with her." Luna knew of their plans to get married and knew about Trixie's past along with her lack of seriousness. She then continued, "I do not want to seem meddlesome but are you sure you want to marry her?"

Celestia and Starlight gave one another a smile before Starlight decided to tell a half truth, "While I do love Trixie, mom and I have been communicating and I honestly don't think she has what it takes to be in charge of anything. I have also brought up how I think Twilight would be more suited to rule by my side."

Luna's eyes grew wide when she heard this. She knew that Celestia had never treated Twilight that well and she knew that Trixie and Twilight had a rocky past. "Sister," Luna asked, "I know you and Twilight don't exactly get along. What do you think about Starlight's suggestion."

While Luna did know that Starlight was Celestia's daughter, she did not know the truth about Twilight's real origins. Celestia replied, "I fully support it and I will tell you why." She took in a deep breath and continued, "You see Luna, Starlight does have a fraternal twin sister. That twin sister is Twilight."

Luna's jaw dropped open when she heard this. She gasped, "Seriously sister? Twilight is your daughter too yet you have treated her so horribly?"

Celestia replied, "Yes. I have treated her the way I have because it is my way of testing her but when Starlight learned that not only am I her mother but that Twilight was her sister, she brought up my treatment of her and I have finally realized what I did was wrong."

Something then crossed Luna's mind, what having Twilight and Starlight ruling together would mean. She asked, "Is that really the truth or are you simply wanting to keep the leadership of Equestria solely in our bloodline?"

Celestia replied, "That is part of it but I do think Twilight is more suited." She then turned to Starlight and continued, "I know we have discussed this but I know for a fact that something will have to be done to not only ascend Twilight further but also restore Trixie to her former state IF you do choose not to marry her."

Starlight said, "Well after the way she treated Aunt Luna, I don't think I can bring myself to marry her and besides, with my new powers I can not only make Twilight an equal to me but also return Trixie to what she once was."

Both Celestia and Luna gave her a smile, approving of her suggestion. Celestia did have another question, "Starlight, Trixie will probably go to the press over this sudden change of plans and perhaps turn the populous against not just you, but Twilight, Luna and even me."

Starlight gave her a smile, "That thought was not lost on me. I was thinking that perhaps we could erase some of her memory, perhaps dating all the way back to before you sent Twilight to Ponyville. That way she would think nothing of any of us."

While Starlight had brought up memory spells to Celestia before, she did not expect her daughter to suggest something that extreme, "Really Starlight, you want to wipe all memories of you from Trixie?"

"And her memories of Twilight." Starlight replied, "Let's just think of it as being in the best interests of the security of the royal family. She does have a bad history with Twilight and I know her well enough to know that if she could bring down Twilight, she would gladly do so."

Luna commented, "Sister, I know this may seem extreme but Starlight does make a point."

Celestia replied, "Very well, that it shall be." She then turned to Starlight and continued, "So she will know what your plans are, reveal to Luna what you think needs to be done."

Starlight began, "Well what I think needs to be done is that you need to manipulate Trixie's sleep. To accomplish what mom and I have been planning, I was going to see if you could get her to go into a deeper sleep so I can cast the proper spell to return her to being a regular unicorn."

Luna added, "I can do that but what about this memory spell and her waking up in the palace?"

Starlight replied, "Well I have done a ton of studying that nopony knows about so I can cast the memory spell. Regarding her waking up in the palace, well her trailer is in Ponyville and I was thinking that maybe you could carry her in your aura and put her in her trailer and then when she wakes up tomorrow morning, she will have no memories of the past decade and will be very confused over there being a castle and a friendship school in Ponyville."

Luna gave her a smile, "Very well then Starlight. I would much rather see you and Twilight ruling side by side but what about her powers? It would seem unfair for you to have so much more power than her."

Starlight replied, "About that, since I have been ascended to have infinite powers, I would do the same for Twilight and then once it was all planned out, her and I would have our coronation ceremony."

Both princesses gave Starlight a smile and Luna said, "Well then, we just wait for Trixie to fall asleep and then we can pave the way for you and your sister to rule alongside one another."

"That sounds like a plan." replied Starlight


Three hours had passed and the three figured that Trixie was likely asleep. The three headed up to the bedroom where her and Starlight had been staying and she was indeed asleep. Luna approached Trixie and went into her dream. It would not be long until it was obvious that Trixie was in a much deeper sleep. Celestia nodded and gave Starlight a smile, "Alright sweetie, let's do this, let's ensure that there will be a new set of Royal Pony Sisters."

Starlight nodded and flared up her horn readying herself to do the spells. She decided that first she would do the memory spell since it would not take as long nor would it drain her any. She grabbed Trixie in her aura and began to concentrate on removing certain things from Trixie's memory. She had initially planned on wiping out the past ten years but she then decided on something simpler, something that would leave her with the energy she would need to return Trixie to being a unicorn. She simply decided to wipe herself, Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Thundercloud, Discord, Twilight's Ponyville friends and the friendship school from her memory.

Given that it was a rather simple spell and she was only erasing parts of her memory, it did not take long for her to get it done. When they heard a gasp come from Trixie, Starlight had a feeling that it had worked. She looked up at Celestia and said, "Well mom, there was the easy one. Now for the hard one, I just hope it isn't as draining as ascending a pony is."

She again lit up her horn, grabbed Trixie in her aura and began to focus on the task at hand. She wasn't completely sure how she was going to go about it but thought that perhaps it would work somewhat like a transfiguration spell. She focused on how Trixie used to look and how much magical power she had prior to her ascension. Her eyes began to shine white and the two became encircled in a ball. The process of removing power was much easier than ascending a unicorn into an Alicorn and giving her extra powers. In a matter of five minutes, the transformation was complete and there laid a Trixie that was smaller than she was, back to her normal size.

Once Starlight finished the spells, Luna came out of her dream and commented, "Well I know the memory spell worked because she was dreaming about you and Twilight but then suddenly both of you disappeared into thin air." She then looked at the slumbering unicorn and added, "And it looks like the other spell worked too."

"It did." replied Starlight, "And now we just have to get her back to her trailer before she wakes up."

Luna opened a window, grabbed Trixie in her aura and said, "Very well. I shall return her to her trailer and return before it is time to lower the moon."

Luna then headed out to return Trixie to her trailer. Once she was out of earshot Celestia said, "Well now, all we have to do is write your sister, let her know she needs to come up for her ascension and then the coronation for you two." She then began to giggle, "And the crowning of the new Royal Pony Sisters!" Her giggle turned into a full blown laugh, "The very naughty Royal Pony Sisters!"

Starlight blushed at the comment, "But that naughtiness will be between the three of us. Not even Aunt Luna can find out!"

Celestia laughed, "Oh I'm sure she has already visited plenty of lucid dreams you two have about one another so she knows, we just won't bring it up around her."

Starlight replied, "Good. Now to get some rest before writing Twilight tomorrow." Starlight then crawled into bed and continued, "Good night mom."

Celestia said, "Good night Starlight."

Starlight was somewhat worn out by the spells she had to cast but not too much. She did know though that she would have to be very well rested for the spell she was going to cast on Twilight. She had cast many complex spells in her life but she knew that even with her infinite powers that doing this would be by far the most difficult spell that she would likely ever attempt.

PreviousChapters Next