• Published 14th Apr 2018
  • 4,894 Views, 1,441 Comments

Unpleasant Correspondence - StormLuna



After sending Twilight to Ponyville, Princess Celestia demands letters from her but when Twilight starts to complain, Celestia becomes unhappy and replies to her letters in her own way.

  • ...
52
 1,441
 4,894

PreviousChapters Next
Post-Series Special 3: The Ascensions (Live Action)

It was not long after Twilight had stormed out of Canterlot Tower that Celestia, Firelight and Starlight returned to the throne room. When they arrived, Trixie had a curious look on her face and Thundercloud was tapping his hoof. He had hoped to go down to Canterlot, ascend Starlight and then return to his home on Mt. Marelympus.

When they arrived Trixie rushed to Starlight and asked, "So what happened? Twilight seemed really upset when she stormed out."

Starlight replied, "Well as it turns out Princess Celestia is my mom! Oh I'm so happy!"

Trixie embraced her, "I can imagine because that means that you have royal blood in you!"

"That it does." replied Starlight, "That it does."

"Ahem!" sighed Thundercloud. He turned to Celestia and asked, "So when do you want me to ascend Starlight? I really don't feel like hanging around all day."

Celestia pointed her wing towards a corner and asked, "Can I speak to you in private?"

Thundercloud nodded and followed Celestia to the corner. Once they arrived they began to discuss all the details regarding the ascension.

"So how much power are you wanting me to give Starlight? Are you wanting me to give her powers that surpass yours?"

"Well first off I was going to see if you could ascend both Starlight and Trixie. I don't want my sweet daughter losing the love of her life and then having an eternity of loneliness ahead of her."

*sighs* "Very well, I can do that. So how much power do you want them to have?"

"Well with Trixie, I was going to see if you could give her Discord level powers."

*gasps* "Seriously, Discord level powers?" He saw Celestia nod and sighed, "Very well, I will give her that much power but what about Starlight?"

Celestia got a huge smile on her face, "Well I was thinking that you could give her infinite powers, powers that match yours."

*gasps* "Seriously, you want your daughter to have powers only matched by me?"

"Yes, if that wouldn't be too much trouble."

Thundercloud went into a state of deep thought for a few minutes before replying, "Very well. Given that she is of royal blood, she is likely the only pony that could handle this."

"Thanks, I appreciate this."

After their discussion they returned to where the others were standing. Celestia motioned for Starlight to step forward, "Starlight honey, your time has come. The time has come for you to fulfill your destiny."

As she was stepping forward Firelight asked, "This isn't going to harm her any is it?"

Thundercloud replied, "Nope, not at all but she may be disoriented for a moment after the ascension."

Once Firelight was reassured that Starlight would be fine, Thundercloud readied himself to ascend Starlight. He leaned his head forward, grasped Starlight in his aura and placed the tip of his horn against the tip of Starlight's. His eyes soon began to shine white as he focused on the spell to do what Celestia was asking him to do. He had only done a few ascensions in his past and those were only minor, Cadence's being one of them.

Soon the image of the ascension process appeared in his head and he and Starlight began to levitate. The two became encircled in a white ball and as time progressed, the ball got brighter. Trixie and Firelight had very concerned looks on their faces but Celestia knew that this would go by just fine since Thundercloud had done this before. After a whole hour, the ball popped and the two returned to the ground.

What would appear alongside Thundercloud was not the same Starlight as before. She had grown quite a bit. She had grown so much that she was a bit taller than Celestia and her mane and tail were wavy, her wings had grown and her horn was longer, just like her mother's. At first she was a bit wobbly and had sparks shooting out of her horn. Celestia immediately rushed to her and grabbed a hold of her. Everypony except Thundercloud looked on in shock for several minutes until Starlight finally came to, "Mom, where......" She then became more alert, "Wait a minute. Mom, how is it that I am so big and why do I have sparks shooting out of my horn?"

Thundercloud approached her and informed her, "Starlight Glimmer, your mother asked that I give you a very special ascension. She asked that I give you infinite power and that is what I did."

Starlight gasped, "Infinite power?"

Thundercloud replied, "Yes, infinite power." He got a smile on his face and continued, "You are literally a goddess now. Your powers are only matched by mine and surpassed by nopony's."

This was something that was very hard for Starlight to comprehend at first. She had always known that she had powerful magic but all of a sudden she had powers that were not surpassed by any. She did know one thing though, she knew that she simply could not go using the new magic she possessed right away. She knew that she would have to study and study hard to grasp how to properly use her new powers. Something else then crossed her mind, Trixie. She pointed towards Trixie and asked, "What about Trixie? Does she get ascended too?"

Thundercloud replied, "Yes, I just need a while to rebuild my strength. Ascending you that much really did a number on me."

Celestia suggested, "Well how about we go to the dining hall and get some food in our system." She heard Starlight's stomach rumbling and figured that the amount she grew had likely made her hungry. She pointed towards Starlight and continued, "And get some food in your much larger body!"

Starlight replied, "Thanks mom, I could really use a decent sized meal."


While they were eating, the first thing everypony noticed was how quickly Starlight was eating her meal. The one who was first to comment was her father, "Wow Starlight, you must be really hungry."

Starlight examined her body and then compared herself to Celestia. She replied, "Well when you more than double in size you're going to be hungry, very hungry."

The other pony that was devouring his meal was Thundercloud but unlike Starlight, he was in no mood to talk. He simply wanted to down his meal, get his strength back up, ascend Trixie and then get going.

After a hearty meal and rather ordinary conversations given the events that had happened that day, Thundercloud was finally ready to finish the job that he had went down to Canterlot for. He pointed towards Trixie and asked, "Are you ready for this?"

Trixie was unsure as to how much power she was going to be given. While she knew that she likely wouldn't be able to handle the level of power that was given to Starlight since she had no royal blood in her, she did hope that she would at least have Celestia's levels. She asked, "So how much more powerful will The Great and Powerful Trixie become?"

Thundercloud replied, "Well Celestia and I were talking and we were thinking about giving you the same level of power as Discord."

Trixie's eyes grew wide as she asked, "Will that make me The Great and Chaotic Trixie?"

Starlight couldn't help but giggle over the comment but Thundercloud sighed in frustration over the comment, "Just step forward Trixie. Princess Celestia wants this done."

Celestia complied with the order and readied herself for her ascension. Like it was with Starlight, he touched the end of Trixie's horn with his own and went into the same trance as his eyes began to shine white. Soon the two became encircled in a white ball. While everypony had smiles on their faces as Trixie was going through the process, Starlight was by far the happiest. She knew that with Trixie's ascension, that time would never part the two. She knew that her and Trixie would be together forever.

After an hour, the ball popped and a new Trixie emerged from it. She, like Starlight, had grown significantly, her horn was longer, her wings had grown and her mane and tail now were wavy and flowed on their own. The first to say anything was Starlight. She rushed to her, embraced her and exclaimed, "We're both immortal Trixie, we're both immortal!"

The two were joined by the suddenly smaller Firelight, "I'm so proud of you Starlight, I'm so happy that both of you have fulfilled your destinies."

One thing Starlight did know is that in her new form, that her face was likely more elongated like Celestia's now which prompted her to chuckle, "Well no more chipmunk cheeks dad! I don't have those anymore!"

Firelight returned the laugh, "I guess not."

While Firelight, Starlight and Trixie were enjoying one another's company, Celestia went to check on Thundercloud as he was laying down and looked disoriented. Celestia knelt down and asked, "Thundercloud, are you ok?"

No, I'm not." Thundercloud groaned, "I feel like I've been crushed by a giant boulder, I've never felt more drained in my life." He began to sit up and continued, "Ascending your daughter and her marefriend has taken a lot out of me. Do you have any VIP quarters, I need a lot of rest."

Celestia replied, "I do. Follow me."

Once Celestia and Thundercloud had got out of earshot, Starlight was looking at her smaller father and something crossed her mind. She realized that while her mother was immortal like her, her father was not. This caused her to become sad and ask, "Dad, would you want to be ascended to be at least as powerful as mom?"

Firelight saw how much the spells had taken out of Thundercloud and replied, "I don't know, ascending you two took a lot out of Thundercloud and I don't know if he could even do another one anytime soon, even a minor one."

Starlight gave her dad a smile, "Dad, I have infinite powers now!" She gave him an embrace and continued, "Once the transfer of power has taken place, I will do some studying and then ascend you myself."

"You'd really do that?" asked Firelight.

Starlight replied, "Of course I will. That way I will always have my family, well the family that wants to be around me anyway."

Trixie joined in on the hug and added, "And The Great and Powerful Trixie looks forward to being part of the family!"

Starlight commented, "And we look forward to you being part of it sweetie."

Starlight was very happy with the events that had happened that day. She was thrilled that she now had the powers to not only ascend her father so that he would be immortal like the rest of the family but also that her beloved Trixie would live on forever with her. The only thing that disappointed her was the rift that had developed between Twilight and the rest of the family, a rift she hoped she could close at some point.

PreviousChapters Next