• Published 14th Apr 2018
  • 4,893 Views, 1,441 Comments

Unpleasant Correspondence - StormLuna



After sending Twilight to Ponyville, Princess Celestia demands letters from her but when Twilight starts to complain, Celestia becomes unhappy and replies to her letters in her own way.

  • ...
52
 1,441
 4,893

PreviousChapters Next
Post-Series Special 2: Origins Revealed (Live Action)

Five Days After the Summons

It was a calm day in Canterlot and while everypony was still recovering from the recent events involving the attack by Cozy Glow, Lord Tirek and Chrysalis. Just a couple weeks ago, the palace was in ruins after the villains destroyed it but thanks to Discord and his chaos magic, the palace was as good as new in nothing flat.

Early in the morning a gray Alicorn with two thundercloud cutie marks arrived in town. Despite having never been to Canterlot before, he knew where he had to head given that there was only one palace in the city. When he arrived he was greeted by two guards,

"Halt, who goes there?" asked the pegasus guard.

"State your business." ordered the unicorn guard.

The Alicorn replied, "I am here to see Princess Celestia. She had contacted me a few days back saying she needed to see me."

The guards had been notified ahead of time of the Alicorn's visit so they led him to the throne room. When he approached Celestia, she knew that she had best bow to the much more powerful pony, "Thundercloud, it is very nice to see you."

"Likewise." replied Thundercloud, "So where is the company of ponies that I expected to meet and that daughter you wish for me to ascend?"

Before Celestia could reply, four ponies came rushing into the throne room. Firelight rushed to Celestia and said, "Princess Celestia, it has been too long, way too long!"

Given their past Celestia replied, "No need to be so formal with me Firelight, just Celestia please."

Firelight then approached Starlight grabbed her cheeks and asked, "And how is my pumpkin-wumpkin?"

Starlight pulled back and snapped, "No pumpkin-wumpin stuff in public and especially not in front of the princess." She then noticed what Celestia and her father said to one another and asked, "Princess Celestia, you two know one another?"

Celestia gave a slight blush, "Starlight, Twilight, Firelight, follow me"

The three did as requested and while Starlight had no clue where the princess was leading them, Twilight and Firelight did. Firelight was very excited for what Celestia was about to reveal but Twilight was not very happy. She knew that they were headed towards Canterlot Tower, where the birth records were kept. Given that who was obviously Starlight's father was there, she knew that the suspicions she had had for so long were correct. It was at that moment that she knew why Celestia always was so good to her.

When they arrived, Celestia opened the door and ordered, "Follow me inside."

They headed in and saw that a folder was sitting on a table, a folder that Celestia had got out a couple days earlier in anticipation of the event that was about to take place. She pointed to the folder and ordered, "Starlight, Twilight, come here. There is something you have to see."

Starlight happily obliged but Twilight did not. She did not feel like having the princess rub it in her face that Starlight was indeed her beloved daughter. When she looked down at the paper, Starlight could hardly believe her eyes. "What?" she gasped, "You're my mother?"

Celestia knelt down, spread her wings wide and replied, "Yes Starlight, I'm your mother."

Starlight immediately rushed into her wings and despite not being happy that her father raised her on his own, she began to cry tears of joy. Starlight had often wondered why Celestia was so good to her compared to Twilight but she now knew why. After a minute long embrace, Starlight asked, "Why Princess......"

"Starlight, you can just call me mom now." Interrupted Celestia.

"Mom?" Starlight questioned, "Why was it that you had to have dad raise me? Why was it that I couldn't be raised by you? Why didn't you and dad get married and we could have been one happy family?"

The reasoning for all this was very hard for Celestia to answer. She knew that Starlight did have her moments where she was emotional and that her magic is emotion driven but had to give her a truthful response, "Starlight, this all happened during a royal visit to Sire's Hollow. I made a bad decision to go to the local tavern, I had a little too much to drink and I stumbled on my way out. Your father, being the gentlestallion he is, helped me up and we talked some. After that, we had an intimate encounter and I wound up getting pregnant."

Starlight turned to her dad and asked, "Really, you and Celestia did this and you never told me?"

Firelight replied, "Starlight sweetie, you have to understand. What your mother and I did could have led to the downfall of the monarchy."

Starlight stood there trying to process all that for a minute before continuing, "Ok, I understand that but still." She turned to Celestia and continued, "Mom, when you first saw me, why didn't you just tell me then? When I came up to help you and Aunt Luna with your friendship problem, why not then? Why did you wait until now?"

Celestia again spread her wings and replied, "Because the big brass would not allow it. That lying bastard Goldner would not allow it until now."

Starlight again embraced Celestia and said, "Well at least we are together now." She pulled back, got a smile on her face and continued, "So I take it I'll get my wings now too?"

Celestia nodded and added, "And marry Trixie!"

Celestia motioned for Firelight to join her and Starlight and the three engaged in a group hug. Inside Starlight was angry that the big brass were the ones who prevented her from discovering her origins but now that she knew, she was truly happy. She finally felt at peace that her full origins were revealed and hopefully that they could now be a happy family.

After breaking their hug, Celestia motioned for Twilight to take a look at the book. Twilight gave her a scowl but when Celestia motioned her two more times with her wing, she finally came up to the table. As she headed to the table Twilight growled, "Look, I believe you. I believe you that Starlight is your fucking precious daughter. I don't know what else you have to show me."

Celestia suggested, "Just look at the records, alright?"

Twilight looked and saw Starlight's birth certificate but then saw that Celestia had given birth to a second filly, just twenty minutes after Starlight, a filly named Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia gave Twilight a smile but Twilight would not be one bit happy. She screamed, "What? My whole life has been one big lie?" She turned to Celestia and screamed, "The ponies I always thought were my parents aren't." She pointed a wing towards Firelight and then scowled at Celestia, "You two are my parents, really?"

Celestia replied, "Yes Twilight, we are."

She glared at her parents and screamed, "I can't believe it! Not only are those I have called mom and dad forever not my parents but Shining Armor isn't my brother?" She then became angrier, "And your precious Starlight is my older sister?"

Celestia replied, "Yes Twilight, you are my other daughter."

Celestia spread her wings expecting Twilight to embrace her but would not get that. Instead she would get an angry response, "I have been your daughter for so long but you never told me?" Her response turned into a scream, "I am your daughter but you have treated me like shit since the day I matured. You let my friends here have their way with me and seemed to get a great amount of joy out of it." She then pointed towards Starlight and added, "And you seemed to have no problems with me getting it on with my sister!"

When Starlight heard this, that crossed her mind. It shocked her so much that she fainted. Twilight saw this and became angrier, "And chances are now you'll love your little Starlight even more and view me as a degenerate! You'll claim I forced Starlight into all that sex!"

Celestia wasn't exactly thrilled with Twilight's behavior but she could understand why she was so angry, "Twilight, like it was with Starlight, the big brass......."

Twilight snapped, "Don't feed me that big brass bullshit." She got up in Celestia's face and continued, "You know what, I know you were never going to let me take over so I'm just going home, I'll continue to run my friendship school and you can put your precious Starlight on the throne and I know that gray Alicorn is here to ascend Starlight and Trixie so just get on with it. I won't be here to see 'your favorite' get married to a street magician and be ascended into a damn goddess or whatever the fuck you have planned for her."

Twilight turned around and began to leave but would be stopped by Celestia, "Twilight, please don't do this. You know Starlight had no issues accepting the explanation regarding the big brass."

Starlight had come to by this point and added, "Twilight, whatever mom says about the big brass preventing things from happening is true."

Twilight flared her horn up in anger and yelled, "You know what Starlight, I honestly don't care. Our 'mother' has treated you like you are her precious angel ever since you surfaced but has done nothing but shit on me since well before I got sent to Ponyville."

Celestia said, "Twilight sweetie....."

"Don't 'Twilight sweetie' me Celestia." Twilight screamed, "You can say whatever the hell you want but I know that you never truly cared about me and that was proven the moment Starlight showed up. I know you wish she would have altered the timeline one final time to where she would have been your protege. I know you have wanted to make her a princess on a higher level like you for ages." She again headed for the door and screamed, "Well now you can! Your precious daughter can carry on your rigid legacy." She calmed down a bit and finished, "I don't care if you are my biological mother, I will NEVER see you and Firelight as my parents. The ones I always thought were my parents will always be the ones I call mom and dad."

Twilight headed towards the exit and left, leaving Starlight and her parents behind. Celestia turned to Starlight and said, "I understand if you are really mad at me too and wish to leave as well."

Starlight embraced her and said, "Are you kidding me? I finally have a dad AND a mom!" She became sad and continued, "I am sad that Twilight pretty much disowned you two" she then smiled and continued, "but we are together now and that is what matters."

Firelight asked, "So Celestia, when do you think would be a good time to try and talk to Twilight? I do want to get to know my other daughter after all."

Celestia replied, "Give her time to process all this before contacting her via mail before trying to meet up with her if she will see you." She then turned to Starlight and continued, "But for now, we have a double ascension and a wedding to plan!"

Starlight gave her a smile and the three headed back towards the throne room. Starlight was ecstatic that she was finally able to meet her mother. While Celestia was the last pony she ever expected to be her, Starlight was happy. She was even happier knowing what events would soon follow, her ascension and her wedding with Trixie.

PreviousChapters Next