• Published 12th Apr 2018
  • 3,408 Views, 37 Comments

Return to Sender - Chemtest

  • ...
19
 37
 3,408

Revenge

Green Sun.

Become friends with Pinkie Pie.

Investigate the Hospital for possible culprits.

Go back to Tempus.

His quest list is down to just a few now. The hearts have been returned, the manticores taken care of, and the blood delivered.

He enters the clock store, the sun rising behind him. The door to the basement is wide open, and he takes the stairs down.

His boots stomp loudly on each stair, announcing his presence. Yet, every so often, there is a wet sound. Tiny drops of blood are spread over the stairs.

He reaches the bottom, where Tempus meets him. Tempus smiles, his eyes wide, “Ah, Courier! We found him! We found him, ha-ha! The bastard, the murderer!” He nods rapidly, “Thank you, thank you so much, Courier! Your favors to the others convinced them to help me! Tectum did blood work, Deversorium searched the room, and Hastam captured him!” He jumps back, jittering around and almost dancing in spot. He kicks a lever, and curtains part, “Introducing, the murderer, the heartless bastard!” The pony in the chair wakes as Tempus says the final words, “Igneous Rock!”

Igneous looks right at Tempus, “Changeling! Kidnapped me, plan to kill me? I knew not to trust your kind, you are nothing but murderers and parasites!” He writhes around in the chair, yet restraints hold him tight, “I won’t let you get my family without a fight! Let me go and I’ll show you how strong I am!”

Tempus dances to the side, laughing as he pulls out a tray full of knives, “Oh it’s time for revenge! It’s time to bring justice to this world! You kill the one I love, it’s time for you to go as well!”

Igneous looks towards the Courier, his eyes widening, “You. You told me you wanted to protect my family. Why are you there?! Why are you helping that monster!?”

He looks towards Tempus, “I am protecting people, Igneous. You are a danger to others.”

Igneous tries to lunge forward, “You said you would protect them!”

The Courier snaps at Igneous, “And you said you fell down the stairs! I am keeping to my word, Igneous, I am making sure you can’t murder anyone else! You have done nothing but lie!”

Igneous growls, “Do you even know what changelings are?! They are parasites! They feed off of emotions until ponies die!”

The Courier looks between the two, “No, I don’t believe that.”

Igenous narrows his eyes, “Really? Ask that foal that died to them. You think she wouldn’t believe it?”

Tempus rips a knife off the tray, “That was an accident! We didn’t know that the foal was so sick!”

The Courier rips out his revolver, and points it at Tempus, “He’s telling the truth, so you best get to explaining.”

Tempus looks over at the Courier, his joy momentarily held, “A foal was lost in the desert, and we gave her shelter and food. Her love was strong, and we don’t get very much food. We didn’t know that she had a magic deficiency. So when we took her emotions, her inner magic, she ended up dead.”

Igneous scoffs, “Oh yes, listen to the criminal about how he’s innocent. That foal was snatched from her home by a group of changeling spies, and they fed off her until she was withered away!”

Tempus looks over at Igneous, “It was an accident!”

Igenous snaps back, “And I’m not going to allow any accident to happen to my daughters!”

Tempus charges towards Igenous, “Shut up!”

Platinum.

Rectify your mistake.

Tempus draws near, getting ready to stab, “Stop!”

He looks back to the Courier, “Why? He’s a criminal.”

The Courier shakes his head, “He... he... just stop.” The Courier steps forward, “You are being consumed by your need for revenge, Tempus! If what he says is true, then he was just trying to protect his family!”

Igenous nods, “Exactly.”

The Courier moves his revolver to Igenous, “You killed someone. You are a murderer, even if your intentions were pure.” He looks at Tempus, “And if you move that knife forward, than you will be no better! Just a murderer! A... a shell of a man driven by his need for revenge.”

Tempus speaks, “But-“

He doesn’t get the chance to speak much before the Courier speaks again, “Cut the head off the Bear, and you have another head left.” The light reflects off his revolver, and a tear drops from his eye, “I wanted revenge... I wanted to protect you. I... I killed millions for you. Oh God- I killed millions. I couldn’t even protect you.” He looks down at his duster, and sees some dried blood on it, “Scarlet... I’m... I’m so sorry. I couldn’t protect us... I killed millions. They were innocent... they didn’t do anything.”

The roof above them shakes, and the sound of screaming comes from the outside.

He looks up, the tears in his eyes evaporate. The rush of memories leave his mind, and he has completely forgotten what he just said.

He throws a knife, cutting Igenous free of his restraints, and he rushes up the stairs.

In the town, a giant Timberwolf howls, “Courier!”