• Published 12th Apr 2018
  • 3,396 Views, 37 Comments

Return to Sender - Chemtest

  • ...
19
 37
 3,396

Ponyville

He walks into the town, and immediately decides to crouch.

He then walks from his crouched position, all the way to the market. Not a single pony notices the creature now in their face, tricked by the power of the crouch.

He walks up to a stall, and steals a bucket from one pony passing by, somehow not alerting the pony at all. He then slips it over the merchant’s head, and steals the produce on his table. With that done, he then takes the bucket off.

He finally comes to a full stand in order to engage in conversion. The ponies all around him look at him like he came out of nowhere, yet none of them run away.

He smiles, and leans on the counter, “Good day, merchant.”

The pony smiles back, not noticing her fruits and vegetables missing, “Well, hello there, sir. Would you like to buy some apples? Or perhaps some cherries?”

He shakes his head, “Not today, thank you, but maybe later.” He motions around, “I’m new to town, and I was looking for someone by the name of Time Turner.”

The merchant nods, “Turner lives in the tall building in the distance, right over there. It’s his clock shop as well.” She looks back at him, “How do you know of him?”

The Courier looks at her for a second, quickly formulating a story, “Ah, he’s an old friend of mine. Went to a university together.”

The merchant smiles, “Hoofington Academy?”

The Courier nods, “Yeah, how’d you know?”

She laughs a bit, “Ah, Turner’s quite proud of his time at that school. And you sound like one of the folks from Appleloosa, or Los Pegasus. So I assume you’d go to Hoofington, considering that’s the best university in that area.”

He smiles, “Well, you sound like you know a lot about the world.”

She looks around, “Ah, that’s just what happens when you live in Ponyville. You don’t need to see the world, because the world will come and see you. Folks of all kinds come here on the way to Canterlot. Minotaurs, griffons, few changelings long time ago, tons of ponies, everyone you could ever want to meet. You are one of the most unique visitors I’ve seen, but unique is expected in Ponyville.”

He nods, “Reminds me of home. Raving madmen, gambling businessmen, homeless drunks, every Wasteland dweller.” He drops a few caps on her stand, “Here, for the information.”

She looks at them, “Bottlecaps?”

He smiles, “Keepsakes of mine. Should be worth a bit. Good day.”

He turns, and crouches. Nopony pays attention to him anymore as he moves to the tall building in the distance.

He eventually reaches it. A tower with a large clock proudly displaying the time on it. The bottom is the same width as the other houses, but is much taller in the end.

He rises from his crouch, and knocks on the door. A voice shouts from inside, “Come on in, it’s a public store!”

He opens the door, and moves on in, carefully shutting it behind him. The house is luckily tall enough for him to stand completely.

The tan stallion turns around, a green bow tie around his neck, and his hair spiky, yet combed. He smiles, “Welcome to Time Turner’s Time Tuning. You have a clock that is broken?”

The Courier shakes his head, “Something more important than that.”

Turner tilts his head, “A personal matter? Can it come after work? I am quite busy.”

The Courier remembers what was on the paper, “Metamorphosi, agente.”

He stumbles back in shock, “Oh.” He moves to a wall, and taps on it five times. The wall opens, a staircase leading down. He looks to the Courier, “Follow me.”

The two move down into the basement, the wall closing after them, and torches flaring to life.

They make it down to the bottom, where Turner takes off his bow tie, and ignites in green flame. He looks at the Courier, in his natural form, “So, either Queen Chrysalis or another agent decided to trust you. This must be quite important.”

He takes out the paper, and hands it over to Turner.

He takes the note, and reads it. After he does, he place it down, and begins to shake.

He turns towards the Courier, tears running from his eyes, and his face covered with sorrow, “They killed her. Traicere, Derpy. My assistant.” The tears start to evaporate from his face, and he looks at the Courier, “Thank you for bringing me this. But I need more help.”

The Courier nods, “They killed somebody you loved. I can help.”

Turner looks at a nearby table with hourglasses all over it. He yells, and knocks them all off, “Those pony bastards! We just wanted to sustain our lives! We just wanted to protect the Elements!” He slams his hoof down on the table, breaking it in half, “They’ll pay for this transgression against Chrysalis! They will pay for this transgression against me! And they shall not stop paying until the ones who killed her lay dead!” His eyes seem to burn with an internal fire as he faces the Courier once more, “My name is Tempus, an agent of Chrysalis and the Green Hive sent to spy on and protect the Elements from danger. You have done me a great favor by bringing me this. Help me with my new mission, and you’ll be a hero to every changeling.”

The Courier smiles as he feels the pistol on his side, “Sure, I’ll help.”

Tempus nods, “The ones who killed her need to pay. I don’t care who they are, they will pay. I need you to meet the Elements of Harmony, become their friend. Use them. Applejack is the Element of Honesty, and will help you in any interrogation. Twilight Sparkle can do magic, and can trace them. But in specific, Pinkie Pie is most powerful. She knows everyone in this town and all their little secrets.” He smiles, “Find bastard did this, then kill the fucker. Make sure I can see it as well, I want to see the bastard suffer.”

The Courier looks Tempus in the eyes, the need for revenge reminding him of himself.

He lost someone he loved. Who was it?

No matter how much he thinks and tries to remember, he just can’t.

He smiles back, “On it.”

Completed: Changeling of Plans.

Started: Green Sun.

Become friends with Pinkie Pie.