• Published 13th Apr 2018
  • 1,962 Views, 58 Comments

Sour Sweet Shorts - Nico-Stone Rupan



A compilation of Sour Sweet's experiences with friends, family, school, adulthood, and mental health.

  • ...
2
 58
 1,962

Beta Testing (Crystal Prep Days)

"Sour? Am I a beta male?"

"Yessiree."

Second Person gave his girlfriend a look from across his room.

Sour Sweet glanced up from her homework to shoot him one right back. "Don't ask questions you know the answer to."

Second sighed. "Sorry, I was just looking through First's new posts."

He handed Sour his phone. She scrolled down an array of photos by Second's older brother, First Person. They all featured him at various locations around his college campus. On the racquetball court as he was pulling up his shirt to show off his six-pack abs. At a frat party as he was pulling up his shirt to show off his six-pack abs. In the dean's office receiving some award... as he was pulling up his shirt to show off his six-pack abs. Each was captioned with "#betamalefreezone".

"Oh dear, are you feeling inferior to your brother?" Sour rolled her eyes. "Are we really dealing with this AGAIN?!"

"Sometimes I can't help it, I guess."

"You need a confidence boost." At that moment, a ping came from Sour's phone. She checked it and smiled. "Ooh, perfect timing there, Indigo!"

"Huh?"

Sour faced her phone in Second's direction so he could see the message just received.

Yo, need a spotter. Anyone free?

****************

Second Person and Sour Sweet were soon in front of Indigo Zap's house. The garage door was open. Inside was CPA's premier athlete, surrounded by weight lifting equipment as both arms were at work pumping dumbbells. She was wearing a matching black sports bra and shorts, which nicely showed off her firm body.

"Hey, guys," Indigo greeted, putting the dumbbells down. "Check out my brand new home gym! It's my early graduation present. Thanks for coming to help me break these babies in."

"No problem," Second said. "So, what did you mean by needing a 'spotter'?"

Indigo laughed. "You really don't anything about weight lifting, do you, Second?"

Second lifted his lackluster arms. "Does it look like I do? Probably should have called my big brother for this..."

"Hey, you're the only Person I would want to hang out with," Indigo assured with a wink. "Come on, I'll show you want to do."

They followed her over to the bench press.

Indigo lay her back down on it and explained, "Just stand behind me and if I'm having any trouble lifting, catch the barbell and put it back on the rack for me."

"Okay..." Second said before adding under his breath, "... good thing you have Sour here..."

Indigo chuckled as she lifted the barbell off to begin pumping. "You know what I like about you, Second? You're not intimidated by a strong woman like a lot of guys are."

Second shrugged. "Strong in body, strong in mind, strong in heart. I like all women."

Indigo smirked. "You especially like dominant women as I hear Sour tell it."

"That's right!" Sour cooed teasingly. She began ruffling up her boyfriend's hair like one would to a dog. "Who's a good beta? Who's a good beta? You are!"

Indigo pumped once more and placed the barbell back on the rack. "You know what?" She sat up and turned to Second. "You may need this more than me. Wanna try?"

Second suppressed the urge to laugh. "You're kidding, right?"

Indigo got up. "Nope. Sour, if you please?"

Second was suddenly seized by his girlfriend and forced down on the bench. He nervously stared up at the barbell as Indigo went into position to spot him. Sour was right next to her, sadistically smirking down at him.

"This is so not a good idea, guys..." Second whimpered.

"Don't give me none of that!" Indigo spat, putting her game face on. "Give me twenty reps!"

"Twenty?!" Second gasped.

"Ten?"

"Ten?!"

"Five?"

"Five?!"

Sour smacked her forehead. "ONE! Just do ONE, Second!"

Second sighed as he reached up. He could do one. Maybe? Gritting his teeth, he tried raising the barbell from the rack. Tried, but failed.

"Here," Indigo said as she lifted the barbell off for him.

The barbell nearly dropped straight down before Second miraculously summoned the strength to catch it merely an inch above his neck. Every muscle in Second's body strained and struggled to push it up.

"Come on, you can do it, champ!" Indigo couched.

"Just don't die trying..." Sour muttered.

Slowly, little by ever so little, the barbell began to rise. Second's concentration focused entirely on this single task. The barbell went a quarter of the way... two quarters... three...

First does it, so should you, Second told himself before immediately counterpointing, But what's wrong with what Second does?

Summoning every fiber of his being, Second pushed it all the way. His arms went completely straight in the air.

"See, what did I tell you?!" Indigo cheered as she took the barbell and placed it back on the rack. "Indigo Zap knows potential when she sees it! Join me for daily routines and we'll turn you into a ripped monster in no time, Second!"

"Indigo..." Second uttered through heavy panting. "... would it offend you if I declined that offer?"

Indigo smiled. "Not at all."

"It's just not my thing..."

Sour came up from behind Second, wrapped her arms around him, and affectionately nuzzled his neck. "Exactly, so stop brooding over your brother's photos. And realize that I'm HAPPY you're not a douchebag!"

"Yeah, in fact, let's take a pic of our own," Indigo declared as she retrieved her phone. "#chicksdigbetas!"

Indigo and Sour leaned in on opposite sides of Second. They struck sexy poses with matching facial expressions. Indigo was about to snap the picture, when Second shot his hand up.

"Wait, wait!" Second then pulled up his shirt to show off his flat stomach and grinned. "Alright, now."

Later, Second would notice that First had given the photo a like. For one of the few times in his life, Second felt proud of himself.

FINI