• Published 16th Jul 2018
  • 416 Views, 15 Comments

Strange Currencies - Captain_Hairball



Grifter pony Strange Mirror has a gift — when ponies look at her, they see only what they want to see. Then one wonderful evening she meets a pony who loves her for who she truly is. It could ruin everything.

  • ...
3
 15
 416
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 13 )

This sounds really interesting. *clicks the read later button*

An excellent, compact story that checks all the right boxes. More people need to read this.

It's now 4am, as I had to read all of this. I had to.

It was wonderful. Thank You.

This is a really well crafted story, Cap! Excellent pacing, perfectly crafted, solid plot, just enough mystery magic to keep you guessing, and simply, shamelessly mature.

It's really, really good, some excellent stuff here. Awesome job. Thank you for staying determined.

Man. I love this story. Love the happy ending too.

9050525

9051055

9051274

9051464

Oh gosh, thank you guys so much! :twilightsmile: I really worked hard on this one.

9050997
Oh, typo corrections are much appreciated; thanks for doing my job! I would’ve edited the story myself, but I’m too busy getting ready for BronyCon!! :raritystarry:

Now, a ‘‘meet cute”, though, is just the term for when you meet a love interest at the at the beginning of a rom-com movie, like they’re a barista who makes you the perfect coffee and you can’t forget their smile, or you run into each other and drop both of your books and papers all over the hallway and when you reach down to pick them up your hands touch! :D I might’ve preferred to write the phrase ‘meet-cute’ with a hyphen, myself? I haven’t looked it up!

9051629

9051038

Made edits. Thanks!

Yeah, 'meet cute' is a romance novel term. I've studied romance novels; it seems like writing shipfic I'd be ready to write romance novels but apparently no? Scoots, I've NEVER seen it hyphenated.

9051642
Well that would explain it given I've only ever read one Romance novel in my life. (Though I own it's sequel. I really should get around to reading it.)

(Breath of Magic and Touch of Enchantment if you were curious)

Great story, although I'll have to only give a conditional recommendation to a friend of mine to read this because of the sex scenes. If this story had been Teen rated then I would have recommended this story wholeheartedly.

Fun little story, cool Canterlot worldbuilding, and the references to current canon like the Kirin and Changedlings are very nice to see.

I think it worked quite well as an adult story, too. The smut is background to the characters and action, but still provides some cute insight into their personalities.

Definitely wish there was more to read, though :twilightsmile:

That was lovely.

Login or register to comment