• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 1,569 Views, 51 Comments

Rarity's Inner Turmoil - CapNTilfy



Rarity has hidden a crush she had on a girl for a few months, and it's starting to consume her thoughts. Book 3 of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
5
 51
 1,569

Rarity Reaches Out (The Following Morning)

Now that Sunset's back to one hundred percent, I'll finally be free of this madness that's been slowly taking over my every thought! thought Rarity as she drove her way to the mall. Finding a parking spot, she walked towards the entrance. I keep on telling myself that I know they won't judge me, but I still can't help but feel like a nervous wreck!

As she entered the mall, she took a look around. Well, I'm early. I might as well people-watch. When going to the mall, Rarity always looked at what other people were wearing. That was yet another source of inspiration for her, as well as window shopping at the more fashionable clothing stores. It gave her the inspiration she needed for the Dance Magic music video.

A stray thought struck Rarity. Oh, god. What if she's actually here and I don't know it?! She frowned in frustration. Great, now I'm going to be paranoid until I leave! Dammit, brain! She took a deep breath, sighed, and regained her composure. If it happens, it happens. I'll just have to deal with it if the time comes today.

Rarity wandered the mall, passing each of her friend's workplaces. The sushi bar where Sunset Shimmer works, the sporting goods store that Rainbow Dash works at, the Honed Tech store Twilight Sparkle works at, the Aunt Orange Smoothie kiosk Applejack works at, the Animal Shelter mall location that Fluttershy works at, and Sweet Snacks Cafe, where Pinkie works. I think I might as well check on the boutique as long as I have time before everyone gets here.

"Well, loosen my lapel! If it isn't Rarity!" said one of her co-workers as she approached the boutique.

"Hello, Sassy!" said Rarity as they gave each other a hug.

"What are you doing here? Isn't today a day off for you?" asked Sassy.

"It is, I'm just meeting my friends here. I arrived early, so I thought I'd just drop in and see how things were going."

"Oh, things are going just fine, Rarity. A bit slow like yesterday, but fine nonetheless." Sassy said with a smile.

"Well I just thought I'd check in. I didn't want to stay here too long, otherwise Miss Hemline would yell at both of us." said Rarity.

"Miss Rarity! Did you come here to work, or to chat with others who are?" said Sassy, imitating Prim Hemline to a startlingly accurate degree.

Rarity blinked, then laughed with Sassy. "Well, I should get going. It was nice to see you, Sassy!"

"You, too! Take care now!" Sassy waved goodbye.

Rarity waved back. There's still some time left, but I'd rather make sure our favorite spot isn't taken by someone else. Once she got close to the table, she noticed Pinkie. "Pinkie, darling! I'm surprised you're the first one here!"

"Well, I haven't had anything to do all morning." Pinkie shrugged.

Rarity leaned into Pinkie slowly and asked in a whisper "You haven't told anyone about...'her', have you?"

Pinkie smiled. "Of course I haven't, silly! I Pinkie Promised, after all!"

Rarity breathed a sigh of relief. "Yes, you did. I'm sorry, I normally wouldn't be so paranoid about this...but this is my first crush on a female. I know I won't be judged for it by you and our friends, but this is just new and unusual to me."

"What's new and unusual?" came a familiarly raspy voice from behind Rarity.

Rarity yelped. "Rainbow Dash, don't eavesdrop! You scared the living daylights out of me!"

Rainbow Dash blushed, embarrassed. "Sorry. All I heard you say was 'new and unusual', so I was curious."

"The new Sapphire Shores song that replaced our "Dance Magic" music video is what's new and unusual, Dashie." said Pinkie, in an attempt to keep her friend from learning Rarity's secret.

Rainbow frowned. "Yeah, it sucks. But hey, we had a good run."

Nice save, Pinkie Pie. Rarity thought as she sighed with relief.

"Didn't we, Twilight?" said Rainbow.

Pinkie turned around as Twilight said "Yeah. It was pretty surreal seeing us in a video playing throughout the entire mall. Even more so when the Daring Do movie came out."

"But it was a whole bushel of fun doin' both of those things." said Applejack, just slightly behind Twilight.

Fluttershy was the last to arrive as she said "But I'm glad I didn't get mobbed by strangers like I was afraid I would."

With everyone but Sunset there, they all sat down together until she arrived and told them everything.

----------------------------------------------

After Sunset went through the portal and everyone else went their separate ways, Rarity had a lot on her mind. She sighed. Well, I certainly wasn't expecting the day to start off so emotionally like it did. What's with us and dreams lately? I don't know if Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash or Twilight have been having unusual dreams but this might need some looking into. Rarity frowned. So much for having all of my friends with me when I tell her how I feel. She shook her head. Oh, listen to yourself, Rarity! Haven't you put yourself through enough grief lately? She took out the drawing Sunset had made for each of them. This is a work of true beauty! Maybe I can use this as a template for future outfits.

Suddenly, Rarity came to a decision. "You know what? Sunset Shimmer or no Sunset Shimmer, this conflict of mine has to be resolved sooner rather than later!" She took out her phone and went to her contacts list. Nearly shaking out of nervousness, Rarity thought to herself. I'll give Sunset one day to return from Equestria. If not, then that's just how it's going to be! Taking a deep breath, she slowly exhaled to calm herself down. Slowly but surely, she finally managed to send her crush a text.

Can you meet me at the mall on Monday? I need to talk to you in person. - Sent by Rarity

Rarity started to sweat. Her phone buzzed. She took another deep breath and let it out before she read the message.

Sure. It'll probably be kinda late in the afternoon though. I have a busy morning. - Sent by Lemon Zest

End of Book 3 of "Not Just Any Old Day."

Comments ( 20 )

Well I was wrong. I was going with Sour Sweet.

8860216
Sour Sweet would've been obvious. I chose Lemon Zest to be the crush because it just felt right somehow.

8860477
I think that Lemon Zest is a great choice.

Oh my gosh, I was actually right!

For a while I was thinking it was Sour Sweet though I was doubting myself as well when Sour Sweet was a competitor at the contest Pinkie was in. I eventually thought it was Sunny Flare, but then started thinking of when Rarity mentioned that she never thought someone with some color scheme could pull it off. Sunny and Sugarcoat both have pretty consistent color schemes, so that narrowed it down to Indigo and Lemon. Being that Indigo Zap wasn’t in the music video, all that was left was Lemon, so yay!

Anyway, blabbering aside, these are fun stories so keep up that good work:twilightsmile:

8860692
Wow. I'm impressed! To be completely honest, I was worried about that "color consistency" line because I don't know how color complementing works. It was kind of an ad-lib.

And thank you for the kind words! ^_^

Welp. Didn't see that coming


....I seriously thought it was Sunny whoops
I was waaaaay off

Well I just lost ten dollars.

8868646
Fairly Odd Parents

8877068
It's a Doctor Who reference. One of the Doctor's greatest enemies is another Time Lord called the Master. He has been driven insane by the constant sounds of drums in his head. This scene with Rarity reminded me of some scenes from the show. That and the clocks have me thinking of time, and right back to Doctor Who.

8920836
That was one of my all time favorite episodes. Where Timmy just laughs like crazy, melting everything, then just skipping away happily.

"Trophy senses...TINGLING!"

Not to mention the classic "IF I HAD ONE!"

8921081
I don't know much about Doctor Who, but my youngest brother is a Whovian. I've seen a couple of the episodes.

Sure. It'll probably be kinda late in the afternoon though. I have a busy morning. - Sent by Lemon Zest

Well ain't THAT a crackship if I ever heard it! :rainbowlaugh:

Huh. Well there's an unexpected pairing.

And seriously, Lily Pad doesn't feel like a child. Way too wise and understanding. Plus, playing coy about Rarity's crush meant you couldn't go into much detail over why she feels that way about her. Still some interesting stuff, though. On to the next perspective.

10073534
You'll get more detail in her second installment.

Rarity wandered the mall, passing each of her friend's workplaces. The sushi bar where Sunset Shimmer works, the sporting goods store that Rainbow Dash works at, the Honed Tech store Twilight Sparkle works at, the Aunt Orange Smoothie kiosk Applejack works at, the Animal Shelter mall location that Fluttershy works at, and Sweet Snacks Cafe, where Pinkie works. I think I might as well check on the boutique as long as I have time before everyone gets here.

Huh, seems like in this version Pinkie doesn't work at that 1960s inspired diner. :applejackunsure:

Sure. It'll probably be kinda late in the afternoon though. I have a busy morning. - Sent by Lemon Zest

It was Lemon Zest! I was expecting Sour Sweet! :pinkiegasp:

11436155

Huh, seems like in this version Pinkie doesn't work at that 1960s inspired diner.

That's the name of the diner.

Login or register to comment