• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 1,576 Views, 51 Comments

Rarity's Inner Turmoil - CapNTilfy



Rarity has hidden a crush she had on a girl for a few months, and it's starting to consume her thoughts. Book 3 of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
5
 51
 1,576

Beautiful Dreamer

Rarity opened her eyes, and found herself in a large auditorium. Oh, lord. Of course it's this dream. she rolled her eyes. Oh well. I might as well see it through.

This dream of hers had been recurring ever since she met her crush. It took place in a large auditorium, empty save for her friends and the silhouette...her crush. Dancing and swirling around in the center, she was a vision of sheer beauty. Rarity stood transfixed, gaping in awe of the majesty before her. Glitter began raining from the sky, and suddenly, she found herself falling. The silhouette grabbed her arm, and, with the help of her friends, pulled her up out of the abyss.

Almost immediately, she found herself in a room full of clocks. Wait. This isn't part of the dream. This is new! The ticking of the clocks gradually increased in volume, as if they were becoming irritated with her. For what reason, Rarity couldn't fathom. As the ticking of clocks reached a near-deafening volume, Rarity was transported elsewhere.

She noticed that the silhouette was standing next to a pair of graves, clearly in mourning. The two tombstones were illegible. Rarity had no idea who was supposed to be dead. It was cold and raining outside. The silhouette made no sounds, but was breathing out into the cold afternoon. A gong had sounded in the distance, and before her were six cloaked figures. Rarity knew in her heart that these were not her friends...but who were they? The gong sounded again, and the silhouette was struck by thunder. Rarity tried to scream, but she could only manage a terrified squeak. A third tombstone appeared next to the two that the silhouette had been mourning over. She was still unable to make a sound, but she could feel tears streaming down her face.

----------------------------------------------

It took Rarity a great deal of restraint to keep from waking up screaming. Taking off her sleeping mask, she noticed it was still dark out. She sighed. If I never have another dream like that, it'll be too soon! She got out of bed slowly, realizing she was trembling. Perhaps a cup of chamomile will calm me down. She exited her room, stepping carefully so her family could sleep through the night with no interruption.

Arriving in the kitchen, she made herself a cup of chamomile. She drank it, took a deep breath, then exhaled. I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare like that. she thought as she made her way back upstairs.

Finally reaching her room, she slowly and quietly opened the closed the door to her room so as not to disturb her parents or sister's sleep. She went over to her sewing desk and opened the compartment under it. Inside was her dream journal. ever since she was in junior high, Rarity had viewed dreams as a major source of inspiration in her life. It was second only to her friends, most of all Sunset Shimmer. Sunset's talent for the visual arts was a pleasant surprise to Rarity, especially when she revealed herself to be Flanksy. The two would bounce ideas off of each other on a regular basis, and it was a

Rarity made a record of her dream, the settled herself back into bed. Here's hoping this next dream is a pleasant one.

----------------------------------------------

Rarity's alarm clock sounded off, waking her up. Well, it wasn't the best dream I've had. but at least it also wasn't the worst dream I've ever had. Yawning, she changed from her pajamas to her work uniform. She took a protein bar with her to eat on her commute to work. It's a good thing these don't stain, I remember the last time I went to work with a stain on my uniform. I don't think I'll ever live that little incident down. She shuddered.

Arriving at work, Rarity took a deep breath and entered. "Here goes nothing."

----------------------------------------------

A few hours had passed. Work for Rarity was surprisingly light, which she found disappointing. I know I said I didn't want a hectic day, but I at least wanted some work. she sighed. Her phone buzzed, snapping her out of her thoughts.

All right, girls. Listen up! Sunset Shimmer is super-ultra-mega sick! She told me she needs our company to help her feel better!- Sent by Pinkie Pie

Goodness! I know she had a busy day at work, but I didn't think she'd be that worn down.- Sent by Fluttershy

Well, at least this is worth being woken up from a nap.- Sent by Rainbow Dash

Rarity scowled, then sent a text.

Rainbow Dash! Honestly! Sunset is sick and she needs our help!- Sent by Rarity

Sorry. I get moody when I'm woken up all of a sudden.- Sent by Rainbow Dash

Ignoring the rest of the texts, Rarity finished her work day, only thinking about her crush twice.

----------------------------------------------

Getting back into her car, Rarity sent Sunset a text before starting her engine.

I'll be running a bit behind, darling. I need to pick something up. Won't be too long. See you soon!- Sent by Rarity

No worries, Rarity. Take your time.- Sent by Sunset Shimmer

Thanks for understanding, dear.- Sent by Rarity

----------------------------------------------

Rarity arrived at Twilight's house to pick her custom-made suit up. She knocked on the door. "Twilight, darling, are you there? It's Rarity! I'm here to pick up my custom-made suit!"

"Just a second!" Twilight called from behind the door. The door opened revealing a frazzled Twilight, her hair a mess and glasses askew.

"Goodness! Are you all right, dear?" asked Rarity, concern showing in her voice.

Twilight smiled as she readjusted her glasses. "Oh, don't worry about me. I'm fine, I've just been busy with a few things, that's all. Come on in!"

"Oh, I'd love to, Twilight, but I don't want to keep Sunset waiting." Rarity's eyes lit up. "Tell you what. Why don't I get the suit so you can keep doing...whatever it is you're doing. I don't want to add to your already busy schedule."

"Thanks, Rarity! You're the best! The suit's in the garage." Twilight said as she ran upstairs.

Rarity made her way to the garage, picked up her suit, and made her way to Sunset's home.