• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 1,576 Views, 51 Comments

Rarity's Inner Turmoil - CapNTilfy



Rarity has hidden a crush she had on a girl for a few months, and it's starting to consume her thoughts. Book 3 of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
5
 51
 1,576

Rarity's Reflections (The Night Before)

It was late in the afternoon when Rarity got home from her job at Prim Hemline's boutique. She sighed. All that madness today, and I have to look forward to more of the same tomorrow., she thought as she flopped down on her bed and made a sputtering noise. Getting off of her bed, she made her way to her sewing machine and opened the drawer under it. In the drawer were new dress designs for each of her friends. She put on her red sewing glasses as she took each of them out. She went through them one by one, making notes both on paper and mental. As she looked at each of them, she mused upon her friendships.

Princess Twilight Sparkle. It seems to have been ages since we last saw her. I don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that there's an alternate world filled with magical creatures, let alone three of them transforming from ponies to humans, and a baby dragon to a puppy dog. She smiled. She reunited me with Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. I'll never forget that.

Twilight Sparkle. This world's Twilight Sparkle. Another thing I doubt I'll get used to is the fact that we all apparently have identical counterparts in Princess Twilight's Equestria. Almost the same as her counterpart, but I have noticed the highlight in her hair is a tad different. She's such a nice person, so imagine my shock when saw her turned into a demon right before my eyes! Sunset helped her through that rough time. Speaking of...

Sunset Shimmer. If ever there was proof that redemption is possible, Sunset is the end all be all of evidence in that regard. Initially one of the most despicable people to walk this planet, there was seemingly nothing she wouldn't say or do to advance her own agenda. However, since the girls and I hit her with that divine rainbow spectrum, she's made great strides in proving herself worthy of forgiveness.

Fluttershy. One of the sweetest people you'll ever get to know. Once you get past that shy and reserved exterior of hers, that is. I don't think I've ever seen someone so attuned to animals, and that was even before we got the magical geodes at Camp Everfree! She's been a great help with Opalescence.

Rainbow Dash. She can be a little rough around the edges, but a more loyal friend you will never meet. She can be a bit full of herself from time to time, but there's nothing she won't do for a friend in need. Now if I can just convince her to wear more dresses...

Applejack. Like Rainbow Dash, she, too, can be a bit rough around the edges. Unlike Dashie, though, she outright states if she likes my dresses. She's never afraid to tell the truth to anyone. I wish I could do that.

Pinkie Pie. Loud and boisterous, but never boring. Pinkie Pie is the life of any party or group. To this day it still surprises me how much energy she has. I had wanted to look into that, but everybody seems to have reached a consensus that doing so would be a bad idea.

Having gone through all the dress designs, she nodded with satisfaction. She took off her red sewing glasses and again flopped on her bed. Opal meowed and jumped onto the bed to greet her. She stroked Opal gently on the head.

Now if only I could get my mind off of...her. Even if I so much as think of her name, I seem to be unable to think of anything else. Perhaps if I told someone about this, it might help a bit. Rarity sighed. Before I met her, I didn't even think that all of those bright colors would look good on anyone! "Oh, great, now I'm thinking about her anyway!" Rarity said.

Never mind the fact that I can't stop thinking about someone, but this is the first time I've had a crush on a female! I always thought I'd be into boys only. She stared up at the purple canopy on the top of her bed. I know my friends well enough that they wouldn't judge me just because of my newfound preference, but this is all still so new and frightening. Even after all these months.

Rarity picked up her phone and stared at it for a moment. Should I contact my friends? Should I at least try to talk to my crush? At least she and I are on good terms. I can't even begin to imagine having a crush on someone who despises me. She grinned widely. I wonder what she looks like when she's not wearing- Her thoughts were cut off by knocking on her bedroom door. "Sis! Dinner's ready!" said Sweetie Belle. Goodness, it's that time already? Time flies... "Coming!" said Rarity. At least this will keep my thoughts at bay for a while.

----------------------------------------------

After dinner, Rarity returned to her and shut her door for privacy. I love my family, I truly do. thought Rarity, but after the day I just had, I could definitely use some 'me' time. She took a look at her reflection in the small mirror on her dresser, which was located next to her bedroom door. "Well at least I don't look too frazzled." I wonder what her hair looks like when she's- Rarity blinked and went to her fainting couch. "Begone, thought!" She'd heard many of her classmates say it, so she didn't see the harm in trying it out. Oh, dear. Why do I feel dirty all of a sudden? No matter. She took out a romance novel from a hidden stash located in her closet. Every time she read a romance novel, she would laugh in a giddy manner. It was such a thrill to read them, but if either her parents or her sister heard her laugh like that, she'd be given funny looks. Opening her door and making sure nobody was around, she went to reading.

----------------------------------------------

Closing the book, she sighed. Maybe someday I'll have a romance of my own... before Rarity could snap herself out of it, she found herself thinking of her crush yet again. Dammit. She glanced over to her clock. Time for bed! she changed into her pajamas, put on her night mask and slowly but surely fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know it's not "thought", but THOT. I just spelled it that way because Rarity doesn't understand its meaning.