• Published 7th Apr 2018
  • 639 Views, 15 Comments

Tip of the Scales - TDR



What would happen if one of Stories in Stone's tragic deaths didn't occur.

  • ...
3
 15
 639

Chapter 4

Stories in Stone
Tip of the Scales
By TDR

Chapter 4

[Darklands]

“Are you still staring at my flank?” Platinum asked as the group made their way through the odd sections of the Darklands still trying to follow the map.

“I think you should worry more if I ever stop staring at your flank when you're wiggling it at me like that.” Jer'rahd chuckled, shifting the large club he had made from a claw bone of the tank. It was a bit unwieldy, but a tree had eaten his ax when he tried to get firewood, and he had already broken his spare sword in a fight with some sort of giant electric ferret.

“Is there anything worse than being on a trip with a newly dating couple?” Rhede grumbled.

“Probably a newly wed couple.”Starfall stated.

“Or a new set of parents.” Luna added.

“At least with the last you could say, the foal would distract them part of the day.” Velkorn sighed.

“All of you shut the buck up, this is adorable.” Bleu grumbled from her perch on Luna's back.

Princess Luna sighed,.” Look this is important. The Dark Lands are an ever changing mess of chaos, one could trot for leagues and see the same trees you have been passing all day or take two steps and be in a completely different biome or time zone. The map is supposed to guide us on the safest path, though as you have seen it is still not a safe path. At the very least it should take us a day or two to reach our destination. Then we can grab the books and I can send us all home. We can complain about the two of them at our leisure there.”


“OK Velkorn, what are these things supposed to be again?” Rhede muttered flicking his tail and sending a little green creature flying off into the river.

“Gummy Gators, I think, perhaps it was a mistake to stop for a drink.” Velkorn sighs pulling another of the little reptiles off her hoof.

Reminds me of you when you just hatched and hadn't gotten your teeth yet.” Platinum smirked not having any issues with them through her armor.

“Well considering that they are either trying to eat me, breed with me, or drink my blood by sucking it through my spines, I am inclined to agree we should have skipped this.” Bleu sighed.

The group looked over at the dozen or so tiny toothless gators had latched onto Bleu, before their gaze turned to Luna. The only part of the mare they could see was one twitching hoof under the pile of green gators. Starfall and Jer'rahd both were doing their best to fling them clear only for more and more to show up from the river as they worked to free Luna.

“Soo, I guess they really like the Princess.” Platinum chuckled.


[Another night, another camp. ]

“So you expect me to talk?” Rhede asked.

“No mister Pelt I expect you to die!” Rhede responded in a fake deep voice waving a hoof for emphasis and adding in a bad attempt at an evil laugh. “Then he turns this strange gem laser thing and starts cutting the table I am strapped top up from between my legs.”

“No way that happened Rhede.” Starfall snorted.

“Seriously a line that bad could not be said with a straight face.” Bleu muttered as Platinum nodded.

“I swear on Princess Luna's cutie mark it is all true.” Rhede admitted.

“Rhede if you do not get your hoof off my flank I will remove it at the shoulder.” Luna cursed glaring at Rhede.

“Oops.”Rhede grind before Velkorn smacked him in the back of the head


“So this is what its like to fly then?” Rhede asks.

“I think its more that we are falling up Rhede.” Jer'rahd comments from slightly below him.

[“Some pony get me down from here?”] Velkorn screams.

“What did she say?” Jer'rahd asked.

“You really need to learn Zebra Jer.” Rhede sighs.

“Yeah yeah.”

[“HAAAALP!!” ] Velkorn screams flailing around above them.

“ I understood that.” Jer'rahd pointed out.

“Well that one was obvious.” Platinum sighed from where she was drifting nearby.

“Wow she does not like flying.” Rhede commented.

“Like I said, It's more like slowly falling up.” Jer'rahd corrected.

The three earth bound ponies, and zebra floated lazily up into the air as the fliers race up after them trying to catch the three before they drift up into space.


Princess Luna was rather surprised at how well this trek was going. Aside from the disaster of the tank,and the other oddities things had been going smoothly. The group had even stopped calling her Princess and was getting a bit more familiar. Granted it had been Bleu who stopped first and Platinum who kept it up, followed by Rhede and Velkorn. Starfall and Jer'rahd were still stubbornly sticking to the title, but given they were Guard she doubted it would ever be fully shaken. They at least were more open with her now in conversations and had stopped guarding their words, so it was something.

It had been a long time since any one other than her sister had called her by her name with no title or honorifics.

It felt … nice.

The weirdness of this place however did not feel nice, particularly when they wound up as something else.

“Jer'rahd are you staring at my flank again?” Platinum asked.

“Maybe.”

“Jer we don't even know what sort of creatures we are at the moment.” Platinum offered.

The six of them of them had turned into some sort of odd bipedal hairless and tailless Diamond Dog looking things after being forced over the line of one of the weird sectioned area. The whole landscape seemed to be put together like a jigsaw puzzle at times with each piece consisting of a differing terrain effect, or whatever.

Luckily the gear they wore seemed to adjust itself to their new forms, though the armor she had made for Platinum seemed to cling even tighter to certain parts of the mares body like this. Something Jer'rahd had quickly noticed. Rhede was oddly distracted by the fact that Luna and Velkorn had nothing but their saddlebags on. Luna felt oddly uncomfortable with the staring and Velkorn had slapped a blindfold on the big stallion.

Luna herself wondered about the odd sacks of flesh on their chest and why Velkorn had a much darker flesh tone and larger bags than any pony else. From what she could see of Platinum her skin was a olive sort of brown, while Jer'rahd had a reddish brown hue. Starfall and Rhede were both a pinkish coloration with Starfall being a bit darker than red. Her own skin was pale enough to be white. Given their coat colors before changing none of it made much sense.

“Yes well my eyes keep getting drawn to either your rear or your chest and I'm not even a hundred percent sure why.” Jer'rahd admitted.

“Do we need to blindfold you like we did Rhede?” Platinum grumbled.

“Unlike Rhede I'm still able to walk on my own. So no.” Jer'rahd huffed.

“I only walked into one tree thank you.” Rhede protested.

“Seriously can we just focus on getting out of this area. I'm really tired of being a dog!” Bleu snorted.” Why am I even a dog when you all became those monkey things?”

The seventh member of their group was a tiny little blue point colored canine with a longish body and a fluffy butt with no tail. Starfall had identified her as a Corgi.

“Really Bleu with how you are some time, it's little surprise you became a b...” Platinum grinned.

“You finish that sentence and I will bite you.” Bleu growled.

“My ankles quiver in fear from the nipping.” Platinum giggled before yelping as Bleu ran at her.


“OK, so who are are you?” asked Jer'rahd from Platinum's Body.

“I'm Rhede Dammit, Bleu stop feeling myself up!” shouted Rhede from Velkorn's body.

“But I'm sooo sexy!!” complained Bleu from Rhede's body.

[“Some pony get me down from here?”] shouted Velkorn from Starfall's body above the others, wings flapping madly, both trying to get to the ground and not crash at the same time.

“Open my wings up dammit, do not crash or so help me...GAHH!!” Starfall in Bleu's body winced at the thud of her body hitting the ground. “Okay that does not count against my never crashed record! I was not flying me.”

[“Ow.”] Velkorn winced from inside Starfall's body.

“Oh wow.. My flank does look good.” Platinum quipped from Jer'rahd's body, staring at her own ass as Jer'rahd turned to glare back at her from in her body.

“Seriously?” Jer'rahd asked from Platinum's body.

“Yup... hey can you wiggle my rear a bit I wanna see how that looks and how insane I'm making you.” Platinum from inside Jer'rahd's body asked with a lecherous grin.

“All you need to do to figure that out is look down.” Jer'rahd grumbled from inside Platinum's form with embarrassment.

“Do what....?” Platinum asked looking down between Jer'rahd's legs his face turning red.” Oh damn........”

“OK, tell me again what happened to you Princess?” questioned Starfall from Bleu's body as the tried to ignore the others.

“Oh, it seems I switched with myself.” said Luna from her own body.

“By the stars, I hate this place. BLEU STOP THAT!!” Rhede shouted from Velkorn's body.

“Hey does this count for you getting inside of Velkorn, if you know what I mean?” Bleu asks from Rhede's body wiggling his eyebrows at him.

“Some one please shut her up?” Rhede groaned from Velkorn's body.


Once again the group found themselves sitting around a fire burning in the night, this time in a odd tree village they had come across. A village full of little tribal teddy bear looking things with bows and spears. Of course this wasn't their camp, and the teddy bears had been rather hostile at first.

“So I say oatmeal are you crazy?!” Bleu crowed getting a laugh from the gathered swarm of bears and a small head shake from Starfall. The pegasus glanced over to the unreadable face of Jer'rahd and the amused expression on the dark furred Platinum.

“OK, let me get this straight. They are little teddy bear things right?” Starfall asked.

“Right. Pretty sure they are called something else, but their language is all gurgles and growls to me.”Jer'rahd agreed.

“And they tried to eat us when they first met us, right?” Starfall asked.

“Right again, Starfall.” Luna sighed.

“And they think Bleu is a goddess because she fried a few of them with lightning right?” Starfall commented.

“Right.” Platinum chuckled.

“So why did we agree to stay here again for the night and join their party? Seems a little dangerous.”Starfall pointed out.

“Because Goddess Bleu demanded they put Rhede in a dress and make him dance for her.” Luna smirked looking out over the fire to the large clear section of the wooded village that Rhede was currently dancing around in wearing nothing more than a grass skirt.

“Oh …. OK, I can handle this then.” Starfall laughed noting the bit of drool coming from Velkorn's lips as she watched Rhede.

“Seriously hate this place.” Rhede shouted.

“SHUT UP AND DANCE, HAHAHHAHAHA!!” Bleu cackled.

“YUB YUB!!” scream the teddy bears in agreement.

“Perhaps I should have a word with her later about letting all that power go to her head?” Platinum smirked.

“It's fine, let him dance a bit.” Jer'rahd grinned.


[Another night, another camp, though one devoid of teddy bears this time.]

“Fine Platinum since you and Starfall are so insistent. I will answer, but you will then tell me about why your family has disowned you. And why you joined the Guard” Luna snorted looking between the two mares who had been, not so subtly prodding her for info.” If we are talking about uncomfortable subjects after all.”

“..........alright Luna. Ugh. The price of my curiosity it seems. Bleu knows this and Jer knows some any way.” Platinum sighed.

“I.... fine....” Starfall sighed sparing a glare at Platinum for convincing her to try and get Luna to talk.

“You asked for something private, you should expect to give back in return. Why you wish to know I am clueless however.” Luna sighs.

“Just hoping to understand you a bit better is all Luna.”Platinum commented. “ Rhede and Jer talk about their foal hood, usually in quaint anecdotes....”

“We're quaint now?” Rhede questioned as Jer'rahd shook his head.

“Starfall tends not to shut up when you bring Cloud Dancer up.”Platinum continued.

“I'm not that bad...” Starfall added not noticing every one else in the party nodding in agreement.

“... and well you're kind of a mystery in that regards.” Platinum shrugged.

The group had gathered around the fire early in the night and as usual talk started, though this time Platinum and Bleu had teemed up and started to steer it towards Luna's early life and what came up was her first love. The mood was pleasant enough till then, after the question was asked however you could have made ice cubes in the air around Luna. Rhede and Jer'rahd had the decency to at least move away to the other side of the camp and pretend not to be interested in any of the questioning, though they had at least one ear perked the whole time.

“My first serious love was one of my guards. I had crushes and interests before much as every other young mare, but this was the first real love. The last of my good friends had died, it is one of the prices of being a goddess that you will outlive everyone around you save other gods, and I will add now, most of them are jerks. It was barely a hundred years after the Discordian war, the land was for the most part peaceful again. This left me little to pull me away from what I had lost, even my sister could not keep my spirits up. I stayed in my quarters all the time simply moping, I suppose is the word. There was one guard that was assigned to protect me who took it into his head that his mission was to cheer me up. He tried simply talking to me at first and I largely ignored his banter. He switched to jokes, strange tales and other absurd viewings of the world. It seems he took my silence as a invitation to continue. It got to the point where if the day was not filled with his rambling it seemed odd. He brought sweets from the kitchen for me, even though I simply could have ordered them and he would get in trouble if he was caught filching. Eventually he started with the pranks. Tia had always been a fan of that type of humor, but it was never something I could bring myself to try and enjoy. The first ones were rather simple, items moved from where they were supposed to be, a blade glued into its scabbard. It eventually got more complex including one instance where he managed to get the Guard Captains entire office glued upside down to the ceiling. He was a rather creative earth pony, he took the punishment without any issue, seeming to consider that I had yet to smile worse than any thing his superiors could dish out. Some of the jokes did get a small smile or two from me, but it seemed he wanted more than just that.”

The group watched noting the soft smile Luna offered as she stares into the fire. The entire area was silent save the crackling blaze.

“Eventually he got the idea to set a bucket of mashed alfalfa on top of a door ready to douse any who walked into the hall to come into my chambers. Perhaps he thought to only catch a maid or his replacement for the next shift, but this time Tia had decided to come pay me a visit. The look on his face when my sister walked through the door and was covered with mashed Alfalfa was a bit to much for me to hold back the laughter. Tia chased after him through the whole castle yelling at him and flinging gobs of mashed alfalfa after him. When she finally caught him she turned his coat plaid for a month as punishment. She went easy on him as she was happy to see me out of my depression. He wound up being rather happy as I started responding to him rather than just being there. It was not that long after it became a bit more serious between us and we formed a bit of a relationship. It was perhaps the best three years I have had in my life, then Sable came into the picture.” Luna's tone darkened considerably and she seemed to nearly spit the name.

Jer'rahd shifted uncomfortable noting the others were also looking uncomfortable at her sudden mood change.

“Sable was a earth pony inventor and researcher, her primary field of study was the creatures created by Discord and how to remove them. Several of her inventions had been put to use to deal with some of the ones still bothering Equestria even that long after the war, for example she found the method for removing parasprites using music of all things. Her skill and intelligence, while she was still a filly had Celestia take her as a favored student, providing what ever she needed for her studies, and covering for any mishaps that happened as a result. She likely was the brightest pony that ever existed.”

Luna flattened her ears.

“Unfortunately she had a number of emotional problems, the one in particular that started everything was her jealousy. Her colt friend at the time had broken up with her. The way he put it later was that she spent so much time working on things, that he never saw her and she was always more interested in whatever she was working on then him. A bit selfish I suppose, but understandable as well, I am not even sure how they met to begin with as I never knew her to leave her lab. He broke it off as politely as he could and was not even sure she had noticed what he said to her.” Luna sighed closing her eyes. ”She had heard him, and a month or so later when he found another mare friend she lost it fully. The magic creatures she studied had provided her with something that she had been tampering with for a time and she had combine it with some of her other studies on the chimeric make up of the creatures from the Darklands and in her rage at finding out her colt friend had moved on with his life without her, she released it to kill him.”

“ I do not see this going well.” Bleu piped in.

“Indeed. Things did not go well, for anyone. The creature was unstable and dissolved into some sort of amorphous blob that grew larger the more it killed and ate, incorporating bits of its victims into it self, usually their final pain filled screaming faces. It killed nearly every one in the town but her, as she had the sense to flee when she realized she had no control over it. She made it to Canterlot to report the creatures attack, thinking to avoid the blame. She might have pulled it off too, but there were a hoof full of other survivors. Some of whom had seen her running from where the monster first appeared. More damning however was her former colt friend who also survived and recognized the thing as something that had been in her lab, albeit much smaller. Tia has a way of getting the truth out of ponies and Sable broke down almost immediately when confronted by her, this did not save several other towns and hundreds of ponies from being taken into the mass of the creature. The beast had set its sights on Canterlot, carving a path of death towards it. Sable was put to work under heavy guard to find a way to stop it, the Royal Guard were sent out to hold the creature back, including my love, they were able to hold the creature back long enough for Sable to finish her work, though none of them survived. As the goddess of war I wanted to be out aiding the Guards in holding it back. Tia had kept me at the castle until the device was complete sending me to use it the moment it was. As I activated I the device I saw his face in the mass of the beast, the same smirk on his lips that was always there before the creature was disintegrated by the device his face burned away before my eyes. It took all of Tia's power to stop me from ripping Sable apart when I returned to the castle, she almost failed to do so. My sister had her sealed in stone and placed near the statue of Discord in the Royal Gardens. I did not think it enough and tried many times to destroy the statue hoping that she could see and feel what I was doing to her as she was locked in stone. Tia stopped me every time. Eventually, I sank back into depression and fled the castle. I flew till I could no longer fly, then ran until I fell, then I simply cried. Tia told me I stayed in that spot for nearly a century, my tears filled all the low lands of that place creating a inland sea.”

“The Great Hooper Sea in southern Equestria.” Jer'rahd muttered.

“Yes. Named after him.” Luna admitted.

There was no further conversation that night even among the watches.


“I have died and this is my eternal reward.” Bleu whispered as she drooled heavily.

“OK, what the buck? Chocolate geysers, on a marsh land made of pretzels and peanuts? Is this even sanitary, let alone possible?” Rhede questioned.

“Discord did have a thing for chocolate.” Luna sighed.

“Bleu don't do that, GAAAH!!!” Platinum yelped.

Platinum's magic grabbed the little dragon by the tail yanking her back as she dunked her whole head into one of the erupting geysers. The dragonling seemed to be trying her best to drink the whole erupting hot chocolate stream and if not for Platinum holding her tail she would have been blown away by the eruption.

The silver maned unicorn growled slapping her on the back until she coughed up the chocolate that had nearly drowned.

“Soo good, “ Bleu coughed.

“And now we have another hazard of Bleu trying to drown herself.” Jer'rahd rolled his eyes.

===============================================

[Another fire, another camp.]

Jer'rahd blinked looking down at the dragonling and the necklace she held up to him, before glancing over to Platinum who simply shrugged. A jagged bit of metal wrapped and tied to the end securely with the length of a thin vine.

“Is that?” Jer'rahd asks.

“Yeah... your grandfathers sword, well parts of it. I figured if it had managed to help your grandfather kill dragons, and your father defend Equestria, plus all the stuff you've pulled off with it, there was no sense letting it rest just yet. Got a nice cut on my finger from it too, so its still eager and thirsty for blood, this things far from done. I made six of these,as it was all I could find, boss got the biggest piece of it to double down for me. I figure we could all use a bit of the luck and protection it seemed to give. Well that, is if its alright with you. It is yours after all.” Bleu commented.

“Nah, that is actually a rather nice gesture Bleu.”Jer'rahd considered before putting on the necklace.

“Damn right.” Bleu snapped. “You better appreciate it you know how hard it is to itch scales when cuts heal?" The little dragon proceeds to pass them out to the group, taunting Rhede a little with the piece she was giving him.

Luna regarded the bit of metal with some interest, her gaze shifting to the other bits the others put on as well silently pondering to herself.

Jer'rahd smiled feeling the cool blade against his chest, he had felt out of sorts without the weapon, or at least a bit of it near him.

“She didn't think she should come with me out here.” Platinum whispered to him. “She's been more useful than I am out here.”

“Platinum we've encountered all sorts of weirdness out here. What's to say that the next thing we encounter won't require a lovely voice or a even nicer rump to get past?” Jer'rahd grinned.

“Okay with that fixation of yours, my rear is gonna get you in trouble.” the dark mare smirked.

“Can't wait for that.” Jer'rahd laughed.


“RUN AWAY!!!!” Jer'rahd shouted.

“BETTER PART OF VALOR!! BETTER PART OF VALOR!!” Rhede screamed.

“SHUT UP AND RUN!” Luna shouted.

The group tore off through the woods being chased by what looked like walking trees made of Poison Joke.


[Another campfire.]

“Alright,I did agree Princess. I kinda hoped you forgot. I know it has nothing on your story though.” Starfall grumbled.

“I can go first if you want.” Platinum offered.

“Nah , better to get it out of the way.” Starfall sighed.

“Mine was over two thousand years ago Starfall, And I have not forgotten it at all. Why would I forget your agreement?”Luna commented.

Again Rhede and Jer'rahd feigned disinterest, but they still had their ears perked listening. Velkorn didn't even try to hide her interest.

“My brother was the one who introduced me to Loc, they had evidently met in basic training and become friends, the two of them spent most of their time together when off duty. Loc never really got along with his family before he joined the Guard and after he did join they disowned him. You know the type, ones who were fully against violence of any kind. My brother invited him to our parents place when they both had leave and that’s where I met him.” Starfall muttered looking down into a bowl of cooked oats with a small grumble.
Platinum tilted her head a little as Starfall talked.

“We hit it off rather well right from the get go. That built up rather quickly to the point where he proposed to me and I accepted. It was a simple wedding that really only had my side of the family in attendance, he never cared about that and so neither did I. He and my brother were both stationed together in the northern lands and both of them came home when ever they had leave. We spent two years of our life like that. When I became pregnant he put in for his last tour, a last duty assignment in Ice Crown get enough bits so we could live comfortably until he found other work. My brother had plans to quit as well and get married to his mare friend as soon as he was out, provided he managed to find one.”

Starfall pauses with a small smirk that faded quickly. While Bleu, Platinum and Velkorn listened with rapt attention Luna was already prepared to expect the worst, she had read the reports from Ice Crown when looking over Starfall's files.

“They were on a routine patrol when a wing of griffons attacked them and killed them both. I had just gone into labor when I found out, my parents flew out to the base to retrieve their bodies for burial and my sister stayed with me. The same Griffon wing that killed my brother and my husband stalked and killed my mother and father as well as they returned with the bodies. One of the carriage fliers survived and told the Guard about a silver and black griffon who lead the wing, she seemed to be gunning for my parents directly. Once she killed them she took their tails mounting them on a belt that had my brother and husbands tails as well.” Starfall explains.

“I have heard about a griffon who collects trophies like that. She goes by the name of Windrazor. She was part of the terror campaign the griffons ran, hunting down entire families of soldiers she killed. She was rumored to be very good at it, even managing some targets deep in Equestria to complete her collections. “ Rhede commented.

“I knew that much already Rhede. I also know that I am going to kill her, painfully. She made what should have been one of the happiest days of my life one of the worst. There's also the chance she still knows about my sister and Cloud Dancer. I will not allow anything to happen to my foal while I still breathe.” Starfall growled.

“That explains why you joined the guard. As well as why you have no trouble letting the media know who you are while still keeping your private life private.” Jer'rahd commented.” You're hoping she's still looking to complete her collection and come for you.

“Exactly. I want her to know who I am, and I want her to know I am coming for her. If she is the collector like she acts, she will want my tail as well. So long as she is focused on me she won't find out about my daughter and sister.”Starfall snarled

“So that is why you wished to transfer to the northern posts at first, To hunt this griffon?” Luna asked calmly.

“It is Princess.”Starfall admitted.

“So long as your family remains in Canterlot, no harm should come to them. Griffons are still not allowed in the royal city.” Luna stated. “The war is still to fresh in every ponies mind.”

“Still, I need to see this birds corpse nailed to a rock before I am going to feel comfortable. And to recover the rest of my families remains for proper burial.” Starfall explained.


Starfall.” Jer'rahd commented.

“Yes Jer'rahd??” Starfall sighed.

“Please do not ask me what these are.” Jer'rahd asked..

“Not a problem.” Starfall admitted.

“At least what ever they are, they aren't attacking us.” Bleu admitted.

“Don't jinx it Bleu.” Platinum grumbled.

The group paused for a moment more regarding the sight before continuing past the small grove of trees. Each tree had a strange door set into it. One door was shaped like a brightly colored egg, another like a turkey, still another like a gourd with a face carved into it, and one like a garishly decorated pine tree. It had however, gotten to the point that none of them were the slightest bit curious about what they found here any more and not even Bleu tried to open one.


[ Another Camp]

Jer'rahd Kaisur snapped his head up looking around at the surrounding wilderness from where the group had made camp.

Starfall frowned gliding down next to him as they glanced back to the others who had been roused by the noise. The pair's turn on watch had just started when they heard the scream.

“What the heck was that?” Rhede demanded.

“Sounded like the tortured cry of the damned.” Platinum added.


“I take it back Rhede, this is far more amusing than the skirt.” Jer'rahd chuckled in a higher pitch than normal.

“Stuff it, you're in the same boat Jer.” Rhede growled.

“Yeah, but I don't check to see if my dick is back every three seconds.” Jer'rahd laughed. “And we're still ponies which is better than the last time.”

“Oh how I miss not so little Rhede.” Rhede whined.

Bleu laughs at Rhede as they walk through the strange mist.

“But you look even sexier now Rhede, or is it Rhedette?” Bleu chuckles in a slightly deeper voice.

"Rhede can still be a mares name Bleu." Jer'rahd chuckles.

“I dunno about Rhede, but I decidedly like this view.” Platinum whistled from Behind Jer'rahd.

“His hair would look better longer however.” Luna added pretending she wasn't looking though she was staring just as much as the other mares turned stallions for the simple joy of making Rhede fidget.

Jer'rahd didn't seem to care unless Platinum said something.

Starfall had kept out of it seeming annoyed at the gender change still leaving her smaller than any of the others, save Bleu, who sat on the pegasus' back unchanged save she sported a giant blue mustache now.

Velkorn was simply content to be on the ground after her last few trips skyward, though she seemed amused at the others teasing Rhede.

Luna seemed to have changed the most as she was a massive stallion now with a build that practically screamed 'warrior' or 'fashion model' depending on ones mentality.

“How you holding up in that armor boss, it really doesn't even look like you've changed genders at all past your voice.” Bleu comments tapping on Platinum's helmet.

“Interestingly enough the armor feels a bit baggy around my rear and really tight over my chest and underside.” Platinum frowned.

“I take you finally see the appeal of my following close behind you?” Jer'rahd smirked, making Platinum blush under her armor as she snorted, Bleu simply laughed.


[ Another camp]

“Seriously?” Starfall sighed. “ That's it?”

“What? Did you expect me to have some super tragic back story on why my family are assholes?” Platinum sighed. “ I wanted to sing, they didn't want me to sing, I went to sing any way.”

“Her family name is Scale, and her parents and every one else in the family are bean counters.” Bleu said with more than a little ire. “She was disowned, practically, for being famous. She could have died and her family would have just dumped the body in a hole with a simple grave marker with her name on it and forgotten she ever existed aside from using her as a horror story to scar little ones into getting back to their math home work.”

“Bleu.....” Platinum sighed.

“Here lies Platinum Scale, she didn't want to count beans, now she's dead WooooOOOoooOOOooo.” Bleu snarked.

“Bleu stop it.”

“No, this is the hill I die on boss. I will walk backwards into Tartarus flipping those assholes off the whole way. Unless I encounter Proudmore, then I'm dragging him kicking and screaming into Tartarus with me.” Bleu snarled.

“Proudmore?” Luna asked.

Bleu opened her mouth to say before Platinum promptly grabbed the dragonling in her magic and sealed her muzzle shut before dropping her to the ground and sitting on her.

The others slowly blinked looking at the squirming Bleu before looking back up at Platinum.

“Proudmore.” Luna frowned as she said the name again staring at Platinum.

“I don't want to talk about it.” Platinum frowned her ears lowering. The effect only made everyone more interested.

“You made a deal with me Platinum.” Luna said coldly.”Are you attempting to reign on your end of it?”

“Grrrrrr..... I am going to ground her for the rest of her life.” Platinum grumbled glaring down at Bleu before looking over worriedly at Jer'rahd. “ Fine.....”

Platinum sighed.” Proudmore was my first agent from when I went by Silver Sparkle. He pretty much promised me everything and gave me little in return, making me work for him for practically nothing and keeping most of the profits for himself. He even made sure I never received any fan letters or gifts from the ponies that loved my shows, he did that to make sure that I thought I was barely worth anything. He treated Bleu like crap too.”

Platinum winced hearing the loud crack of the stick Jer'rahd was using to stir the fire snap into toothpicks in his magic.

“In the end he managed to convince me that sleeping with him was the proper payment for helping me finally reach stardom. He claimed he was doing all this work and everything for me and was getting nothing in return. “ Platinum looked at the ground. “ I was fooled by it and gave in, though he did manage to secure me a lucrative deal on a show. He then ran off with all the profits from the show, leaving me alone once he got everything he wanted.”

The other five members of the group glanced to each other as Platinum stared at the ground. Silently agreeing that there was going to be a certain stallion found when they returned.

“I was about to give up singing entirely. Head back home join the family business and never think about singing again. While at my lowest though the goof ball here came through. She had been collecting all the letters that Proudmore had been throwing away. All the fan mail and words of well wishers. Large numbers of cards taken from flowers he had eaten himself or thrown away that were for me.” Platinum sighed. “I really didn't want to talk about this....”

Another silent glance over the head of Platinum was had, this one not including Jer'rahd. It was again silently agreed that they would not allow Jer'rahd to find this stallion first. Any favorable press he had would be gone in a instant if he was allowed to get a hold of this stallion and any one found what was left.


“Now this place is creepy. A bunch of skeletons of those weird hairless diamond dog things you guys were too. What ever these big metal birds were they must have been eating them off the boats. Look you can see the insides of a couple burst open and spilled the bones out.” Bleu muttered.

The group slowly wound its way around the large piles of ships and planes. All of them seemed to be crashed or run a ground here far from any water. Captains and crew of all of them still on board , their bones bleached, some still wearing the tatters of their uniforms and clothing.

Starfall flew down to glide above the group giving her report.

“This place is really odd, its like a ship and metal bird graveyard, and from the air its one big triangle.”Starfall stated.


[Another night at camp.]

“You want me to do what?” Jer'rahd asked staring at his mare friend and the other two behind her.

“Well you have been listening to what we have spoken of. There must be something in your life to compare to the sort of stories we have told the last few nights.” Platinum commented.

“I thought you said you had been reading about me?” Jer'rahd sighed. “What part of my life thus far hasn't been relatively tragic.”

“Oh meeting me is tragic?” Platinum pouted.

“It almost was... but you know what I mean.........” Jer'rahd let out a sigh. “ Fine. Why are you seeking sad stories anyway ?”

“I'm not, not really. The whole thing was to try and get every one a bit closer in knowing about each other, but after mine … I do kinda feel a little better. I figure there might be something to get off your chest is all.”

“If you want something sad ask him about when his grandfather died.” Rhede commented.

“Rhede.” Jer'rahd growled.

“Oh?”Luna asked.

“Pneumonia and a bad heart do not mix.” Jer'rahd snapped.

“Cried for days, poor Jer did.”Rhede smirked.

“I was much younger.” Jer'rahd glared at Rhede.

“It was barely ten years ago.”

“Shut up Rhede. That is not something to joke about.”

“The crying or the death?”

“Why am I friends with you again?”

“Because I amuse you so.”

“This is true. Bleu do you still have the skirt from the teddy bears? That was the most amusing thing you've done in a while.” Jer'rahd grinned.

“I'll shut up now.” Rhede sighed.

“Good. To answer your question though I do have something of interest. I am still amazed the papers have not spread this every where .” Jer'rahd muttered.” Starfall was there too, though I'm not sure she realized the significance of it as anything more than keeping me from killing some ponies.”

“Oh .., wait that was significant?” Starfall asked confused.

“It does seem the press have left you alone lately, save the horror stories and questioning your sexual preference of course.” Rhede snarked.

“I finally met my mothers parents.” Jer'rahd mutters.

“Oh crap Jer..... I didn't even know they were still alive?” Rhede perked up looking serious suddenly. “ They are still alive right?”

“Yeah, I do my job.” Starfall snorted. “Kept him from getting hurt again too. Physically anyway.”

“Yes, they are still alive Rhede. I might have inherited my grandfather and father's disdain for them, but not the burning hatred. Though after meeting them for the first time, I have that now as well.” Jer'rahd admitted.

“So what happened then?” Platinum asked.

“Starfall and I were invited to another nobles party, mostly a show for the media. I was still fairly banged up from Dullahan, this was before everything with Platinum and Bleu cleared, so they were still stuck at the hospital.”

“Crap I missed a party.” Bleu grumbled.

“You missed a long drawn out exercise in straining my patience. The noble who invited us had been escorting us around introducing us to other ponies like we were some sort of trophy that he managed to get to show up. If Celestia had not ordered us to maintain good a impression for the Guard we would not have been any where near it. “ Jer'rahd mutters crunching down on and swallowing a mouth full of an oat bar.

“Half way through the party the pair of them practically jumped me. I had no idea who they even were at first and was simply swept along in the rapid fire conversation they were having with the reporters there. It was about this time they started referring to me as their grandson, playing up the relation to the media of how their blood line was responsible for one of the greatest heroes in Equestrian history. “ Jer'rahd explained.

“Goody so they went right for what annoys you the most then?” Bleu sighed.

“With all the media presenting you do, songs of praise still bother you?” Velkorn asks.

“Jer here hates when ponies call him a hero Velky, he wants to avoid the media as much as he can. They just don't let him.” Bleu offered.

“Hey only I call him Jer.” Platinum pouted.

“Wait a minute.” Rhede protested as Platinum stuck her tongue out at him.

“I'm doing what I am supposed to be doing, protecting the rest of the lands to the best of my abilities. I just keep getting placed in situations where my abilities are enough to make a noticeable difference.” Jer'rahd explained.

“If I did not already know better I would say you were being humble.” Starfall chuckled. “ Go on then finish telling them.”

“Not going to add comments?” Jer'rahd asked.

“This is your story not mine.” Starfall grinned.

“Once everything they were saying sunk in I suppose I went a bit over board.”Jer'rahd admitted.

“Are they still alive Jer?” Rhede asked ignoring Platinum's glare at him using that name.

“Yes Rhede, I already said that.”

“Then you didn't go overboard.” Rhede growled.

“ I take you know of this Rhede?” Luna asked.

“Not this meeting, but I know the history.” Rhede explained.

“Any way when the pair of them finally picked them selves up from where I flung them, I went on a bit of a tirade. Let the media and every other noble in the place see my rage at them. Gave full disclosure on everything they had done to me.”

“Hold on I seem to be missing some things here that Rhede seems to already know.” Luna questioned. “Do you mind filling me in?”

“Ditto.” Platinum commented as the other's nodded in agreement causing Jer'rahd to roll his eyes.

“My mother was a unicorn, my father a earth pony. Her parents did everything in their power to stop the wedding up to, and including trying to have her kidnapped to save face. When all that failed they disowned her. When she became sick they could have used their money, their wealth to get a better doctor to save her life, instead they let her die which practically ruined my father. It was at this point my Grandfather brought up the 'Rule of Three'.”

“Ugh....” Luna slapped her face with a hoof.

“What's the Rule of Three?” Platinum asked.

“An old myth started before the Dragon War. Supposedly if you preformed three great acts in the name of Equestria, the Princesses would grant you a wish.” Rhede explained.

“Tia and I have tried to quash the rumor, we are not Djinni we do not grant wishes. The whole thing started as we granted a request of an old friend who was about to die that was a bit excessive.” Luna explained. “ Some pony latched onto the idea and the Rule of Three rumor came about.”

“My father believed it and he never recovered from my mothers death and spent his remaining years in a personal war to try and preform heroic enough deeds to enact the rule and bring her back. When he was killed my grandfather raised me until his illness took him. If it had not been for Rhede and his family allowing me to stay with them I would have been out on the street somewhere. My mothers family took the house almost as soon as my grandfather died, took all his bits to pay for medical and countless bills and taxes suddenly levied against the land. Soon as they owned the land they leveled it, destroyed the house I grew up in in less than a day, barely even let me take anything out of the house. I really only managed to get his sword and some clothes before they had me escorted off the property. They did their damnedest to wipe out the fact that my father, mother, and I ever existed. I couldn't even bury my grandfather in a normal plot, as they denied every attempt to do so with some law or another or something. They even paid for judges and others to demand the exhuming of my mother father and grandmother for some stupid reason or another. If not for the Pelt's allowing a section of their land to be used for the burial my family's bodies would still be sitting some where awaiting a court hearing.”

The group regards him in silence, Jer'rahd remained calm in the telling , but Rhede and Platinum both seemed to get pissed off enough for him.

“Any way I told them exactly what I thought of them and what they could do with their pride at my accomplishments. I promptly disowned them right then and there. Made sure the whole of the party could hear me. The whole time I kept moving towards them as I yelled until they were ushered out of the party before something happened. Killed the rest of the party mood for everyone else too. By the time I was going off about how they did not even have the decency to come to their own daughters funeral I was screaming to a empty room.” Jer'rahd commented

“I missed the end of that as I was making sure they got out of their with their skin intact after pissing you off.” Starfall stated.” I should have left them.”

“No. You did fine Starfall.” Jer'rahd sighed.

“I did hear about a evacuation of a city block a bit back but not what caused it.” Luna muttered.

“Jer is kinda the most feared pony in Equestria. If something like that set him off enough for him to be throwing old ponies around I seriously doubt the media wanted to find out what would happen if they wrote about it, or pressed him for info.”Platinum offered.

“More likely the media was paid off to keep the disgrace silent. Nothing worse for nobles then to have their dirty laundry aired. So who were they any way Jer? Been rather curious about that side of your family for a bit. I never managed to find anything. If you disowned them,and they covered it up, I'm not likely going to find anything out.” Rhede sighed.

“I don't really care who they were.”Jer'rahd snapped.

“They called themselves Bluebloods when talking to the media before he flipped out.” Starfall added.

“Is that a name or a mark of royalty.” Bleu asked.

“A name, though a rather important one in noble circles. They are the only group that can trace their line back to actual royalty.”Luna stated.

“Related to you and your sister then?”Starfall questioned.

“No, not to us. But a god none the less.” Luna admitted.

“High ranking nobility though Jer. You could do a lot of good with the sort of power that comes from that name.” Rhede pointed out.

“I refuse to be associated with a group that intentional abandons one of its own to die for such a stupid reason. If I was a more vindictive pony I would do all I could to ruin them, but at this point it hardly seems worth it. What is done is done and ruining them now will not bring any pony back that has been lost.” Jer'rahd sighs.

“Better pony than I am, Jer'rahd.” Rhede admitted.“ I wouldn't leave a scrap of their dignity or fortune left in their hooves.”

“No, Rhede I am not a better pony.” Jer'rahd sighed as Platinum hugged him. “I just don't see the point of revenge now after all this time.”


“RUN FASTER!!!” Jer'rahd shouted.

“YOU EVERY HAVE THE FEELING WE HAVE DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE JER?” Rhede shouted.

“SHUT UP AND RUN FIRM FLANK, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH HENTAI TO KNOW WHERE THIS DOES NOT NEED TO GO!!” Bleu hollered.

Again the group thunders across a field fleeing from a strange green blob of a monster waving a multitude of very phallic looking tentacles in the air.


[Another camp.]

“...So if it had not been for Rhede, I surely would have been dead.” Velkorn explains.

“So this zebra was the one who turned your half brother evil then?” Jer'rahd remarks.

“No, he was already going bad, that was an issue from dad. His adviser just made it worse, by filling his head with evil verse.” Velkorn comments.

“Zebra's name was Bloodtail, A necromancer of all things, he escaped the initial onslaught and then came back for Velkorn.“ Rhede muttered, not seemingly interested in the story, something Jer'rahd found as odd.

“He was impossible to get rid of, his intent was to make me his love.” Velkorn snorted.

“Didn't work out to well for him this time either. His attentions were one reason she hid in the woods to begin with.“ Rhede stated.

“I thought Velkorn was out there to hide from the warlord?” Jer'rahd questioned.

“That was the other reason , the warlord let her stay in the fort so long as she just healed his people. When she started trying to heal the enemy he got pissed and she left.” Rhede muttered.

“Makes sense now. I am sort of sorry I missed that whole conflict.”Starfall added.

“We caught him when he came back to try and kidnap Velkorn. He broke into the palace and managed to make his way to her room to wait for her. Of course like most days she stayed in the hospital til rather late and I would up having to bring her back. Well when I opened the door for her he was evidently tired of waiting and started flinging the spells he had prepped at the first thing to come in. Zebra spells are different from Unicorn ones. The more complex the spell the harder it is to cast, that parts the same, but even powerful zebra spells can have reduced cast times by making them target a specific thing. Like a fire ball that hits only male ponies would have half the time to cast as a normal one. Or take that spell and make it all the males with black manes, the cast time drops more. Bloodtail had some very potent spells of charm and paralysis for Velkorn. Unfortunately for him they hit me and since I was not the target, fizzled. After beating the snot out of him he was arrested and charged with attacking a ambassador, that way he could be extradited to Equestria and away from the Zebra lands. I had security increased, but we did not let on he made it all the way to her bed chambers. No sense in giving any dissidents the idea they could get there easily. After he came to Canterlot I am not sure what happened to him.” Rhede explained like he was reading from a script. Velkorn looked a little put off by the story. Platinum thought it was because Rhede told it rather than her.

“Tia put him in the garden.”Luna announced.

“You have mentioned the garden a few times now Luna, what is it?” Starfall asks.

“It is a prison Starfall. While I have no issue holding an execution for those who deserve it my sister is more in charge of Equestria's justice system than I am. She does not kill, she won't do it no matter how heinous the crime. It is a code she set up for herself long ago that she has followed for thousands of years. She has yet to break it since then as far as I know. The exceptions to this is when something comes under my jurisdiction like Claymore. The ambassador's are hers. I do not use the Garden. Any prisoner whose crime is heinous enough to be put there, is a criminal enough for execution.”

Platinum winced though the others simply nodded a bit or seemed unworried about it. Noting Velkorn also didn't seem to like Luna's methods made her feel a little better however, still she felt she didn't belong here.

“Tia first started adding to the garden when Discord was defeated and turned to stone. I believe what the Elements did to him gave her the idea. While he was not the first inhabitant, he was the first she put there. Others followed including Sable and Forgescale. Anytime an crime was committed that goes beyond what a simple bit of jail time or a fine would pay for the offender is sealed in stone and placed in the garden at Canterlot to serve their time.”

“Would have to be a big garden.” Rhede mutters. “There's a lot of ponies out there who deserve that sort of thing.”

“It is much like this place. It is much bigger inside than it is outside. It took us a great deal of magic to make it so. There are hundreds of statues of ponies and beasts sealed there. I do not even remember half of their crimes or what some of them even are. While Discord was the first we put in the Garden, and we set the displacement spell, we were not the first to turn creatures to stone and put them in a secure area. It was there before we came to power and will likely be there long after.”

“ Frozen in stone until some arbitrary time when I might be thought to be pardoned?” Jer'rahd snorted. “ I'll take the execution thank you.”


“Are we there yet Boss?” Bleu asked.

“No.” Jer'rahd responds.

“Are we there yet Jer?” Platinum flirted.

“ No we are not.” Sighed Jer'rahd.

“Are we there yet Jer?” Rhede questioned.

“No.” Jer'rahd grumbled.

“Are we there yet Jer'rahd?” Starfall queried.

“No”Jer'rahd growled.

“Jer'rahd please do not fret, but I must ask, are we there yet?” Velkorn riddled.

“NO!” Jer'rahd shouted.

“Are we there yet General?” Luna grinned.

“What why are you even asking me I'm following you.......GAAAAAAAAH!!” Jer'rahd screamed storming ahead of the group marching across the field they had been crossing.

“You are correct Bleu, this is rather fun.”Luna admitted.

“How long till Jer snaps, a fun game for the whole family.”Platinum giggled.

Author's Note:

I had just as much fun with this part as i did when i first wrote it.

This was quite similar to how it was without Platinum save there was a lot more explaining of back stories than there was the first time. Also the Proudmore bit wasn't brought up until the second Gala that the group of them were forced to attend. Without Platinum Bleu had to mature a bit. Here she hasn't had that tradgady to drive her and is far less subdued. Given how she was in the main story that should say a lot.