• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 1,054 Views, 10 Comments

Nebula Stepper: A New Beginning - WanderingDuplighost



What happens when a human turned pony crash-lands into Equestria and meets its citizens? An epic adventure that’s probably NOT what you thought would happen.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,054

Chapter 2 - Caught Red-Hoofed

As I gasp at the feeling of my hiding spot being pulled from me, I leap backward in desperation, hitting my body against a tree in the process. My vision flickers a bit before I realize I’m out in the open and defenseless.

I groan slightly before looking up to see what deadly creature was waiting to make me its lunch before my blood turns ice cold. My mind goes blank as I recognize the 6 figures in front of me almost instantly, questioning my own sanity for a moment.

The very characters I had seen countless times before on my television screen were now staring at me in confusion, almost all of them with a look of worry and fear in they’re eyes. I open my mouth and try to speak, but all I can manage to let out is air.

I tense up and try to let out any possible noise I can as the pony closest to me, the quirky but ever knowledgeable student I had seen so much of, begins to speak to me.

“U-um.. hello? Can you hear me? Can you understand me?” I slowly nod my head as they all jump back in surprise, the blue pegasus even assuming a battle stance before being calmed down by the orange earth pony.
“Okay..” The violet unicorn resumes, getting out a notebook full of information and beginning to jot things down “Do you have a name?”.

I try to speak again, more successfully this time, although I can only sputter out random words in my total shock and disbelief. “But.. you’re.. and she’s.. how are you... ugh...”. My vision finally turns dark as I feel myself fall into a deep slumber, only hearing a few panicked shouts as I descend further and further into darkness.

~~~~~~~~

”You ___ manage to wake ___ and explain himself? I still don’t think we should have helped him.”
”Stop it Rainbow, he could ___ for a while. It could very well take ___ or weeks for him to recover fully.”
“Ah still don't know what all that nonsense he was spoutin’ was about, but I ahm glad we were able to get him outta those woods.”
“Quiet girls, I think he's waking up! Don't wanna ruin the surprise party!”

I quickly bolt upright, coming face to face with the pink party planner herself, merely inches away from each other as her smile grows larger by the second.

Scooting backward, my surroundings suddenly become familiar to me; a hollowed out tree doubling as a home and local library. The room I'm in is a small bedroom, books scattered around the wooden floor and a small medical kit on the large desk next to me, along with ink and pens.

My attention shoots back to the mere on top of me grabbing me and shaking me around lightly, ”Welcome to Ponyville, mister! I'm Pinkie Pie, and behind me are my best friends Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and-”

”T-Twilight! Get her to stop!”, I manage to yell out, quickly becoming nauseous from the unexpected awakening and movement. Pinkie drops me, her face changing from one of joy to confusion. She carefully looks me over again as she hesitantly asks me, “How did you know her name?”

I realize I've caught myself in a corner as Dash joins in, “Yeah, and how come you freaked out when you saw us, huh, bud? You some kinda creep?”.

Rarity begins yelling at me next, ”Did Blueblood send you?! Oh, I knew that ruffian hadn't gotten over me, but I didn't think he'd send over such an unkempt, dirty little spy on me!”

”Um... girls... Maybe we should all calm down a bit... He seems rather harmless to me..”, Fluttershy spoke up, shaking a bit as she grabs my hoof in a friendly gesture.

”So.. What's your name?”