• Published 3rd Jan 2019
  • 1,924 Views, 244 Comments

The Tournament Of Friendship - FourShadow



Following the events that went down at CHS, the Rainbooms are struggling to change themselves for the better. And with the upcoming Friendship Games, it might give them ample opportunity to do so. But will it be enough?

  • ...
4
 244
 1,924

Authors Notes

Author's Note:

And so here we are with the final chapter; the author's notes!

... To be honest, this is more of us talking about things from behind the scenes, but I do think checking it out would be good. Also have some explanations for a lot of the choices going on.

First of all, hi everyone! I want to say thank you for reading all of Tournament of Friendship and even more so for bearing with me on the several month long hiatus, I know it had been quite a while since I had updated anything, and for that I apologize. But we have the story done now, which in my book is pretty solid. But, I have to be honest, for a good majority of this story, I couldn't move on or get anywhere, which is why I asked for help from, well, I like to call one of my best friends, Scholarly-Cimmerian. He has helped me phenomenally throughout working on this story, and without him, I don't think we'd have a complete sequel today. So all the thanks goes to him for that :twilightsmile:

Now onto the other thing, there was a lot of ideas and thoughts bouncing around on this story, and a lot of conflicting ideas, so for here, Scholarly and I are gonna talk to ya'll and explain some things or ideas that we had when working on this story. And to help you all distinguish us apart, I will highlight his text in red. So we good? Good! Now lets get in.



Doing a Sequel

If I can be totally honest... I wasn't sure if this would work or not. I wanted to do a sequel cause I thought I'd be fun, and there would need some definite continuation from the first story, but I think it kinda boiled down to; how? I didn't want to repeat the first story which as many could probably tell was like a hodgepodge of the first and second Equestria Girls movie. I think everyone knew going in that this story was gonna be Friendship Games focused, but the main thing was trying not to do all of Friendship Games beat by beat. Now I'll be honest, one of the things I absolutely did not like in Friendship Games was the lack of... what was it, oh yeah, Friendship. It felt very mean-spirited, at least in my opinion. So having a story where we could make the games a lot more fun and kind than the movie represented? ... Honestly I see that as kinda fun. But that's me. Scholarly, I'll let ya take it from here.

Thanks for the introduction, Four! To be honest I don’t have as much to say about the idea of doing a sequel to the original Shattered Rainbow Rock. Like Four already said, going into this we didn’t want to rehash the original Friendship Games beat-by-beat; we wanted to have a few surprises for the audience to keep them guessing on some matters. Though in some ways I suppose a little bit of Rainbow Rocks still leaks into this one, given that a big chunk of the story involved the Rainbooms – more on that in a bit. There’s also a little bit of Legend of Everfree in here too, given that Trixie and friends end up developing these powers, I suppose. Though that’s part of the fun to me, seeing what inspiration is taken from the original material, and then how we can put a twist on it. :pinkiesmile: Now as Four said previously, a big concern was making the Friendship Games themselves feel like… well, that they were a friendly competition. Which, I have to say, was fun. A big concern for me, in working on this story, was about characterization and growth, especially in regard to Twilight Sparkle and the Rainbooms. Something we’ll get into real soon…



The Rainbooms

Oooh boy, the Rainbooms. *hiss* Yeah... Now before we begin, YES, I am well aware of how poorly handled their characterization was in the first Shattered Rainbow Rock story, 100%. That is something that is pretty hard to forget... especially when in every story following after that has even the slightest mention you keep seeing them called the 'Rainb!$%hs'. :ajbemused:

Now some were for, some were not, but I think everyone knew that our Rainbooms were going to be put on the path to redemption a la canon Sunset Shimmer style, because, well, let's be honest. Sunset Shimmer in this Shattered universe is NOT getting redeemed, not after all the crap she did. Objectively, some characters in MLP in general have done far worse than what she's done, but that's up for debate and it's not the main point here. Of course, how to do it, is the question. Well as you all read, we had it so the Rainbooms would be on a path to redemption. And this may be just me, but I kinda see them as a bit like Rainbow Rocks Sunset Shimmer a bit; still need to warm up to, growing a bit more character, and not as intolerable as before.

Ah yes, the Rainbooms. This was actually the thing that first got me into correspondence with FourShadow and led into co-writing this story. I’d enjoyed the original Shattered Rainbow Rock a lot, and thought that there could be some interesting stuff done with those girls as villains trying to reform. I knew that there were… well, a couple of people naysaying the idea of the Rainbooms EVER reforming. That always sat ill with me – yeah, they were bullies, and were complicit in some nasty things, but even so, I dislike the idea of writing off some characters as beyond redemption.

That being said, I knew we had our work cut out for us, and so I really worked to give it my all in writing the scenes with the Rainbooms post-defeat. Two of my favorite scenes that I look back on were the very opening, with Rainbow Dash unable to sleep and eventually looking over pictures of happier times; and the scene with Pinkie Pie at home with Gummy. Those two were written with one thing in mind for the characters: regret. Admittedly kind of different forms of regret, but still.

One thing that was fun to work through in the story was where the different Rainbooms were throughout their development. You had Pinkie at one extreme, being very desperate and hopeful to make things right with the other students again. And at the other end was Fluttershy, who was just kind of stewing in this bitterness for a large chunk of the story. In the middle, you have Rainbow and Rarity, who I imagined as being more worn-down about their chances of actually changing for the better. Applejack I didn’t get to do as much with (in large part because I’d actually written this one big scene for her development, that sadly didn’t get to go into *this* particular story) but she’s guilty too – which I got to touch on a bit in the scene with her and Rara. AJ needed a friend to give her that hug… and Fluttershy needed that talk from Sour Sweet as well.

On another end of the spectrum was the matter of handling the Rainbooms’ reformation, and how their schoolmates reacted to them after their defeat. And yes, that meant, sadly, that there were gonna be people who treated them like crap as some kind of BS idea of “giving them what they deserve”. Now admittedly, while one of the first scenes I wrote involved Dash getting pelted with water balloons, I didn’t want to go *too* grimdark with the stuff. What we did with Cherry Crash was very much meant to be an extreme case – and one that would provide a bit of a wakeup call to a number of their classmates. (On a personal note, I really detest stories that depict Sunset’s reformation as loaded with bullying. It just feels tasteless and wrong, barely a step above Anon-a-Miss fics. You can write high-school drama without cramming in wanton and casual cruelty.) Ultimately, I think that we did a fairly good job handling the Rainbooms and their reformation in this story. Even if we didn’t get to use everything that I had in mind for them or their characters, I’m still very proud of the end result – especially the concept of the Rainbooms, former bullies themselves, stopping Midnight Sparkle just by reaching out to her and empathizing with her. It’s been done a LOT, but done right it can be really beautiful, and I like to think we did a fairly good job with what we came up with :twilightsmile:



The Shadowbolts and Crystal Prep

In my opinion, this I think was one of the elements I enjoyed the most. First off, the Shadow Five were heavily underused in Friendship Games (seriously, don't advertise characters if they're barely going to do much in the film) and since we got a bit more of them in the one EG special, Dance Magic, it gave us more than enough to work with. And seeing as how this is an AU and all? Well, I think making them nice people was fun; of course it didn't change a thing from the personalities they had (at least to fan interpretations), but it was fun!

And including that factor was Principal Cinch. I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything, I LOATHED this character in the Friendship Games, the amount of idiocy, irresponsibility, holier-than-thou attitude and the fact this character got off with barely any repercussions? Oooh that was so unsatisfying. So you can imagine my joy when I got to write Cinch as, well, a good principal. I'll be honest, I liked that. More fun than... the unpleasantness that the original one had.

I actually don’t have a lot to add here. FourShadow did the majority of the work in writing the Shadowbolts for this story, not me. But I will say that, yes, it was fun to see them with nicer personalities while still having some of their canon traits. :twilightsmile: (Plus, there’s a certain delicious irony in the fact that these characters – canonically darker counterparts to several of the heroes – are now being used to TEACH them a thing or two about friendship and goodness and all. XD) Actually, one of my favorite happy scenes in this story was the big sleepover between the Shadowbolts and the Rainbooms. It was just really nice to see all the girls together and bonding.

And then there’s Abacus Cinch as a genuinely nice, cool principal. That’s still something I have yet to fully wrap my head around :rainbowlaugh: I mean, wow. Talk about proof of this being an alternate universe!



Sci-Twi

Sci-Twi, our main antagonist of the story! Just like with the others, it was a wee bit hard getting her character down, and simultaneously making her not making her a repeat of Sunset Shimmer. I will admit, looking back on how we wrote her, part of me kinda was thinking of channeling Thanos from Avengers Infinity War with this character in which we know what she's doing is wrong, but we get a clear understanding as to why she's doing it, and what's driving her is something, I personally think we can all relate to. And the rest? Well, I think I'll let Scholarly take it from here. He pretty much knows what he's talkin' about. :twilightblush:

Ah, Twilight Sparkle of the human world. The major antagonist of our sequel story. This was a big challenge right out the gate – both FourShadow and I wanted very much to avoid repeating the first story’s characterization of Sunset Shimmer. The Shattered-verse Sunset is very much someone I’d consider a megalomaniac, one of those “power for me and screw everyone else” types. (That being said, I’d like to someday get more into Sunset’s character… but I digress.) With Twilight, Four and I wanted to go in a different direction, and have a character who, even if you didn’t like them, at least eventually had a position that could be somewhat understood, I suppose.

I don’t know how well it came off in the final product, but I really liked the idea of Twilight being both fascinated by the magic at CHS (even if it takes her a while to realize that it’s legitimately magic), and scared by it too. I mean, imagine if *you* were on the ground when that dragon came out in the motocross event! And seeing other teenagers being able to control metal, manipulate electricity to create lightning… there’s a lot to be scared of in that, if you don’t know the characters who have that power. (And by the way, I admit, it was also kind of fun in a dark way to give this Twilight the whole “infected by magic” rant, considering that Cinch used that in the original movie – though here Twi’s angle is legitimately well-intentioned and not something made up to cover her ass.) I think this Sci-Twi was a pretty interesting and tragic character in her own right – she was so fixated on proving herself, on relying on herself and not being able to trust or open up to other people, that she really became her own worst enemy – so many of her mistakes could have been averted if she’d just *talked* to someone or been willing to trust. It made for an interesting experience, writing that all out, and I rather enjoyed working out how this Twilight Sparkle would become Midnight Sparkle… and then ultimately what would make her turn back to normal again.

Figuring out Twilight’s motivation took a lot of work. I had a very clear picture of her personality, this workaholic asocial inventor who sees the Friendship Games as a waste of time compared to her independent research, but *why* she would be like that was something that took a lengthy amount of time to rationalize. Having it be family influence was something that *never* crossed my mind – I was always set on the idea of Shining being Twilight’s caring big brother who wishes that his sister would come out of her shell and open up to others – so I had to think up some other reason for why she was so jaded. Crystal Prep being a toxic environment was also a no-go, as we’d already established that in this universe CPA, the Shadowbolts and even Cinch were pretty cool. So… ultimately, I turned to the idea of playing on Twilight’s relationship with Cadence, and while I’ll save most of that for later, I will say that the concept went through a ton of revisions to get where it ultimately wound up. But I’m quite proud of it all the same!



Superpowers

Superpowers. It's a fun idea, it's a power fantasy I think almost everyone on the planet has thought about wanting superpowers. And just like the Mane 7 getting superpowers in Legend of Everfree, we thought maybe our Shattered Six girls should get superpowers as well; the Dazzlings already have enough power, so what about the Mane girls? Well, let's get into it.

Now some may know, some may not, but I was doing a one-shot at one point earlier in 2018 called the Misfit Six, which looking back on it, I think was mostly made just because I was loving Deadpool 2 a little too much. And I had ideas of turning the girls into superheroes... but it wasn't properly developed or made; so I thought having a proper introduction to them actually getting powers here, plus having an actual reason to be sorta semi-supers.

Of course planning on the choice of powers but making them different from the original girls is challenging on it's own. But as you all saw, it was found overtime; Trixie being a magician and as a master of illusions, it would only make sense that manipulating illusions would be her prime superpower. Octavia's came her love of heavy metal, so, of course, manipulation of metal and magnetism became her power. Lyra, seeing as how ninjas jump all over the place and poof and vanish out of nowhere, we figured teleportation would be her power. Amethyst I think was a bit more influenced by Balthazar Bratt, the main antagonist for Despicable Me 3 who was a massive influence and inspiration for Shattered Amethyst Star to begin with. So we chose to give her the power of sound; louder it is, the harder the target falls.

The last two being Vinyl and Bon Bon were the most tricky in my opinion, I felt like we didn't have enough character for Vinyl for something to stick, so eventually we just decided to go with electricity. And for Bon Bon? Well, all credit goes to Scholarly on that one.

This idea was pretty much entirely FourShadow’s. I didn’t have too much input in regard to the characters’ powers, except when it was with people like Bon-Bon who Four had no idea what to do with. (Fun fact, Bon-Bon’s powers were inspired a bit by DC Comics’ Firestorm, and just a little bit of Dr. Alchemy – both of them have the power of transmutation, although I significantly nerfed Bon-Bon’s power here to keep it from being a story-breaker.) I don’t really remember whose idea it was to give Vinyl electric powers, but I think it works in a fun way since she’s friends with Octavia, the metal-controlling punk. XD

It was fun to figure out how to use some of the superpowers in some scenes – or alternately, how some of the other characters might react to them. Occasionally we ran into a bit of a brick wall in regard to the learning curve; Four wrote a couple of skits with Trixie’s illusion/hologram powers that I thought made her a little too skilled with them, so we were constantly revising some of those moments. Still, the superpower moments were fun – it was a pretty unique set we came up with, which went a nice way towards distinguishing Trixie and co. from the canon Rainbooms’ abilities!



The Dark Turn of Cherry Crash

Well... this part. Yeah, this idea was quite an interesting one. But, I think I'll let Scholarly take it from here, he pretty much came up with everything on this part, and it was more than effective. :twilightsmile:

Ooh boy was I nervous over this idea. And it was actually MY idea too! But in all seriousness, Cherry Crash’s assault on Rarity was something that I pitched to FourShadow as a kind of in-universe breaking point for a lot of things – Rarity herself as one of the Rainbooms, the other students at CHS who’ve been passive-aggressively picking on the Rainbooms, and then the Shadowbolts themselves. That last one in particular was something to think about, given that up to this point the Shadow Five have been outsiders to the Rainbooms and have little to no idea of the bad blood they’ve accumulated with their classmates; that outsider’s perspective was something I wanted to get into a bit, them learning about this awful event and what secrets their new friends have been trying to keep hidden from them. Plus too, I talked to FourShadow and we thought that this might be a good catalyst for a symbolic “rebirth” of Rarity, her getting the makeover to become a mohawk-wearing lady punk. Kind of like her casting off her old reputation as a bully and really going forward with herself, or something like that.

I admit, I picked Cherry Crash more-or-less at random, and I actually feel rather guilty about that. Like I said before, I don’t enjoy EG fics that make the characters act like bullies or sociopaths, and that goes for minor/background characters like Cherry. Going into this idea, I was quite anxious as to the reception that it might get – would people drop the story? Would they think it TOO dark? Or worst-case scenario, would it lead to a return of the “punish the Rain*****s” jerks from earlier? Fortunately, to my eternal relief, the plot point went over exceptionally well with our readers, and for that I am forever relieved and grateful. :pinkiesmile:

Is this story the last we’ll ever see of Cherry Crash in the Shattered-verse? …We’ll see. I’ve had a few tentative ideas in mind for what might happen to her and what role she could potentially end up playing in the future. No spoilers for now!



Midnight Sparkle

Midnight Sparkle was bound to happen, avoiding her was gonna be inevitable. Magic comes out of control and BOOM! You got Midnight Sparkle. Now getting this out of the way, she of course, like everything else, was not going to be like the original Midnight Sparkle. Now the cackling witch that the original Midnight Sparkle was was very entertaining, but again, we weren't intending on repeating anything. Scholarly was the one who pitched the original idea for Midnight, and I myself loved it. Another rendition of Midnight Sparkle keeping true to the character that had been written up to this point. This cold, scary, armored she-demon who had intent to 'fix' things, if you will. As for the rest of her, well, I think Scholarly pretty much knows, he came up with everything on this character.

A very different Twilight Sparkle meant a very different Midnight Sparkle. Though that in of itself meant that were still plenty of options to go with for creating this story’s version of the magic-crazed Sci-Twi. One thing I did have in mind from the word “go” was that this Midnight would be a very icy, composed presence, to differ from her cackling canonical counterpart. (Yay for alliteration! XD) Nothing against canon Midnight – far from it, Tara Strong was superb in that performance – but still, I didn’t want to just rehash what had been done before. Especially with Twilight here being so different; instead of being pushed to the breaking point by her classmates and principal, she kind of put all the pressure on herself for a totally different goal, and then went in way over her head. (I briefly considered having Midnight be a more psychopathic, unhinged figure, like a darker version of her canonical self, but I nixed it, because most of my thoughts for how *that* went turned down some very dark roads :twilightoops:)

So with that, then came the problem of figuring out Midnight’s motivation. Canonically it was “understand the magic… no matter what.” Since this story’s Twilight had the fear of magic as this kind of danger to her world and to the other students, I hit on the motive of Midnight Sparkle planning to take all the magic for herself and seal Equestria off from her earth. There’s also a fair bit of Twilight’s “I know what I’m doing/I work alone” flaw in that too, exaggerated into this “Magic is dangerous and corrupting, but I can’t possibly be corrupt, I know what I’m doing” attitude. FourShadow compared Midnight a bit to Thanos from Infinity War, and I suppose I can see a little of that – both of them have something of a point, except that their ultimate methods are really about proving things to themselves (Thanos wants to show he was right to advocate genocide, Midnight wants to prove she can do all this herself) rather than truly altruistic motives. I might throw in a little Darth Vader too, at least because of the armor; my initial idea for this Midnight would have been that she was completely covered in armor, with only her eyes being visible (and maybe not even that) and as she became more afflicted by doubts, her armor would have cracked and eventually broken apart. Probably would have been too on-the-nose, but there you have it.

(Another tidbit that never made it into the story? The damage that Midnight would have wreaked if nobody had managed to talk her down. Basically, her fiddling with the portal and trying to drain all its magic in order to seal off Earth from Equestria would have had catastrophic consequences – she’d already torn open several portals in that one overload she suffered; if she’d kept trying to “fix” it, she’d have eventually destroyed both dimensions with her refusal to just stop doing everything herself!)

Midnight’s powers were a fun challenge to write. She basically becomes this reality-warper, and it wasn’t until I had her start messing with the portal that I realized she was some kind of Lawful counterpart to Discord – hence the cameo in that one chapter. :rainbowlaugh: That was a lot of fun. And it provided some levity too. Which was needed on more than one level.



Cadence

Cadence, ay-yi-yi... this was a tough one. So many ideas bounced around when it came to her; would she be nice like in canon, or are we going to make her incredibly mean... but seeing as how we made Principal Luna and Vice-Principal Celestia nice principals, I think keeping consistency would have done us all favors. So eventually we chose to go with making her nice, but as for the backstory, boy that was a difficult one to figure out. Cause on one hand, you don't want to overdo it and make her come across as completely unlikable in the end, but on the other hand, you don't want a repeat of the famous Starlight Glimmer controversy. Sooo... yeah. It was pretty challenging. Scholarly, I'll let ya take it from here.

Of all the plot concepts and ideas that went into this story, I don’t think there was one that underwent more changes and “what-ifs” than the idea of how to handle Cadence and her relationship with Twilight. I’m not ashamed to admit that it took a very long time, almost until the proverbial eleventh hour, before I hit on the final, concrete plan for why Twilight disliked her so strongly and why Cadence felt guilty about it.

As a matter of fact, originally I was going to write two drafts of the first scene between Cadence and Shining Armor – one where Cadence was a former friend and Shining was kind of relieved to hear from her again; and one where she wasn’t and Shining was more on-guard. (The latter would have implied, and built on, the idea of Cadence having been a mean girl who’d dated Shiny for popularity and been mean to Twilight—in some ways making her like the canon Sunset Shimmer.) However, FourShadow liked the first draft so much with Cady and Shiny as amicable exes and all, that we stuck to that and went from there.

Like I said previously, I went through a TON of ideas for what could have went down between Cadence and Twilight. I had the idea that she was once Twily’s favorite babysitter, or that she’d been a teacher that Twilight had looked up to – but *what* drove them apart? What made Twilight turn on her? Finally, the idea came to me: I’d kicked around that Twilight had been bullied in childhood, but the specifics of it had really eluded me. And then, thinking about the idea of Cadence being a teacher, it suddenly hit me -what if she’d tried to help, but sadly things just got worse and Twilight even grew to resent her former idol for being unable to help her in any meaningful way? It seemed like a good idea, but still there felt like there was something kind of missing… which, ultimately, is where I got the idea for that nasty rumor.

Boy was I nervous bout that; I was afraid all over again like with the Cherry Crash incident. But the idea made an awful kind of sense to me. I always liked Cadence’s loving relationship with Twilight – and it seemed like the saddest thing to have that very love tainted by a slanderous lie spread by some creeps who thought it’d be fun to pick on the ‘teacher’s pet’. Fortunately, FourShadow did a good job translating my idea into the actual story, and it managed to go over well with our audience. So for that, I have to say “thank you” to everyone for that. I’m so glad that this story has been a success, thank you all so much. :twilightsmile:

I’d like to do more with Cadence and Twilight in the future, especially the idea of the two of them catching up on lost time and all. It’d be a bit awkward at first, but I think it could become really sweet. :pinkiesmile: I also like to picture that Cady and Shining Armor got back together sometime after Tournament of Friendship. (They kind of split for a while, amicably but with a lot of regret, after the business with Twilight – Cadence felt so guilty about everything…) But like I said, I pictured there to be a happy ending at the end of all of this. And since I co-wrote this story, I like to think I know a thing or two there, haha. :yay:



What Could Have Been

With every story idea, there's bound to be some ideas that didn't make it to paper, or text. And this story is no exception. A few ideas bounced around, but when it came to finding a way to make it fit in the story? Yeah, not so much.

One idea I was contemplating was possibly having a 'Shattered variant' of Unleash the Magic from the movie, but based on how we had written everyone at that point, it would most likely come off as out of place and also out of character for the characters in question. There was also some ideas about whether or not the Dazzlings would have actually come into the climax and actually attempt to do some damage to Midnight... but looking again, this story's intent was to develop the Rainbooms and having the Dazzlings show up like that probably wasn't going to do much to help here. Besides, we got a fun idea for the Dazzlings planned way down the line. :raritywink: And there were some other concepts and ideas bouncing around as well.

There was one idea I had where I was contemplating a fight scene between Twilight, Trixie, Vinyl, and Amethyst over the magic control... but looking back, that probably wouldn't help either one of our characters. And there was another idea of Trixie using her illusion powers on a grander scale to try and set the truth in... but that idea looking back kinda comes off as more villainous than heroic. And I think the last idea I had in mind was on our ending twist. There is another big project planned, but as for how to leave it on the cliffhanger was still a challenge. How to leave enough hint, but not make anything 100% official to give everything away. I don't know how well that was executed, there was a lot of ideas bouncing around; heck, I was contemplating whether or not to just have a bit of a scene from one of the EG specials be clue enough. But I'm happy with the hint I left behind. And hoping to drop some more when we get to it.:raritywink:

Like Four said, with every story there’s probably something that doesn’t make the final cut. And I too had some concepts or scenes that I wanted to put into the story but just ran out of time, or space, or luck in making that happen. Most of these ideas involved more towards fleshing out further details with the Rainbooms, in particular, between them and their families. Readers will know about the scenes with Rainbow Dash and her parents – what they might not know is that I wanted to do something similar with a couple of the other Rainbooms as well. Get into their headspace a little, figure out how their parents (or other close relatives) were dealing with the aftermath of the first Shattered story and how Dashie/Pinkie/Rarity and so on were now serving detention and were hated and known as delinquents and all that.

One scene in particular I kicked around involved Pinkie’s parents debating pulling her out of CHS and homeschooling her, to keep a closer eye on her, and that Pinkie would beg them not to, in large part because she wanted so badly to try and fix things at CHS. Rarity would have been my next big pick, given the whole “shearing” thing, but unfortunately that slipped me by too. Her or Fluttershy, since Flutters in this story was kind of the wet blanket for so long when it came to reforming or making friends. It would have been nice to get into more of why that was the case.

I had written up some stuff with Applejack and Big Macintosh that I really, really wanted to use in some way, but unfortunately there was never a really organic way to bring that into the story. A little bit of that survives though, in AJ’s one scene where Rara catches up to her and talks to her. I’d liked to have done more with Rara in this story, but unfortunately as we got closer to the climax we had so many balls to keep in the air, metaphorically speaking, that AJ’s old friend kinda got lost a bit. Though I do have plans to remedy that sometime down the road. Maybe another one-shot? I’d also like to turn the stuff I *have* written with Big Mac into its own story too – maybe a brief little prequel to Tournament? :twilightsheepish: A guy can hope, at any rate.

I remember that I also wanted to do just a little bit more with the Principals of CHS. In particular Celestia, actually, since I loved the detention scene so much.

That’s both the blessing and curse of these big stories. You have all this possibility and room for concepts and storytelling before you, but ultimately you have to narrow things down somewhat and pick and choose what to focus on. But still, working on this story was a real joy and a learning experience, and I’m very proud of the finished product. :twilightsmile: So once again, thank you all for being there, for following Four and I to the end of this particular installment of the Shattered Rainbow Rock universe!

Comments ( 10 )

Very interesting behind the scenes chapter!

You two did a fantastic job! Not just this story, but this series as a whole! :pinkiehappy:

I'm looking forward to whatever work you two have in plan next! :twilightsmile:

I loved how you did the story. It was great and very original.
Cherry going down that dark path, making it be the wake up call to all the other students.
If you do bring her back, i hope you write a scene where she realizes how close she came to going to jail, she did commit assault with a deadly weapon. the scissors.

Love how you had the Rainbooms save Twilight and the bit on her and Cadence, makes a lot of sense.

Think cadence should of sued for slander.

CSC

Cute!

10179069
On my thought on chapter 2?

10195368
Yeah Nyx would not only be a great ally to Sci-Twi but a great daughter to Sci-Twi as well no matter what.

10421072

They do, but when this was written at the time, the idea was them to still not exactly be happy with the terms in place for their second chance. Still trying to keep it in tune to Sunset's redemption, but still slightly different. Slightly.

10648564

Well, at the end of the story it’s revealed that their community service and detention was up after the midnight sparkle incident. They save the day.

10648603

Next time, please put that in spoilers? Thank you.

10648604

Okay. But I wanna ask, if the Dazzlings are real as in humans what would your reaction be?

Login or register to comment