• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,617 Views, 35 Comments

Just the Three of Us - Lynked



Vinyl, Octavia, and Rarity get stuck in the body of a werepony.

  • ...
2
 35
 2,617

Chapter 3: Too Close for Comfort

Octavia snorted. “I swear, whoever is licking me is going to be slapped... to Tartarus...” She continued her light snore.

Vinyl grinned and licked Rarity again. This time, Rarity swatted her loosely with a hoof and giggled. “No no, not yet... not ready...”

Snickering, Vinyl turned to see Trixie saunter down the hallway, a coffee mug in her magic. Sipping on it, she turned and slipped into the room, then froze. Her eyes went wide. “What? How? This is...”

Vinyl pressed a paw to her lips and shushed Trixie, but it was too late. Rarity rolled and stirred, groaning as she opened her eyes. “Oh... oh my, my head...” She turned and faced Vinyl, blinking and squinting.

“Here, let me get that for ya,” Vinyl said, rubbing Rarity’s eyes with a paw. “Better?”

“Yes, I think so,” she said, yawning. “Vinyl, you’re head is significantly airy this morning.”

“Aw, how sweet,” Vinyl said, rolling her eyes. Trixie set her mug down and stood above them, staring with an open mouth.

“T-Trixie does not understand... three heads...”

Rarity blinked and gave Trixie a questioning look. She then looked down herself, at her neck, and gasped. “W-what is this? I’m... stuck!” She jerked away, winced, and rested back down.

“Mmm, what are you two doing...” Octavia muttered. She blinked, shaking her head and rolling back up onto the couch, pressing Vinyl and Rarity into the cushion.

“Hey, Octapus, get off,” Vinyl said, pushing her head down.

“Trixie thinks you look like an octopus,” she said, shifting on her hooves. “She was not prepared for this...”

Rarity bit her lip. “O-okay, the bright side is that I have my own head, so...” She forced a laugh. “It’s fine, Rarity, it’s fine...”

Octavia snorted and held her head up, looking at the other two. “What are you having a fit--by Celestia what is this?!” She gasped.

“This is what I’m having a fit about!” Rarity said.

Octavia sputtered. “N-no! This is not okay!”

“I kinda like it,” Vinyl said with a shrug. She stretched her hooves out and yawned, snapping her ferocious teeth. She then rolled off the couch, to her paws and stood up tall.

Rarity and Octavia gave each other wary glances. “This is awful,” Rarity muttered. “Just awful. How am I supposed to pull a fashion show like this? It’s the. Worst. Possible. Thing!” She let out an exasperated sigh and let her head hang limp.

Vinyl rolled her eyes and looked to Trixie. “So... this is pretty awesome...”

Trixie swallowed dryly and sat on the couch. “No Vinyl, Trixie does not think it is as good as you think.”

She sat as well, and opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by Octavia. “So how do we get out of... this,” she asked with a grimace.

Trixie bit her lip and took another sip of coffee. “Trixie will help you, but first, you will help Trixie.”

Vinyl grinned. “Trixie, there’s nopony in the world that can help you.”

“Oh ha-ha Vinyl, quite funny,” Octavia said, rolling her eyes. “Continue Miss Trixie.”

She scratched her neck. “Trixie used to be able to handle the wolves, but... well, as you can see, Trixie is... we shall say, outnumbered. There is nopony else who can tame these beasts like Trixie, but she is but one mare. You on the other hoof are three, and in a powerful body...”

“Powerful body?” Vinyl asked, raising an eyebrow. “Somehow I don’t think you’re talking about my striking looks.”

Trixie sighed. “No, Trixie is not. She is referring to your condition. You are stronger, faster, sharper, and if possible, dumber. Trixie wants to make it clear that you are a dog. If it is shiny, it is a toy. If it is meat, you will most likely want to eat it. Normally wereponies have behavioral shifts as well, but Trixie does not know how it will affect... you three.”

Vinyl shrugged and smirked. “Well whatever, it’s cool!”

Octavia bumped her head to Vinyl, then turned to Trixie. “What do you need us to do? I want to get out of this body, especially now that she smells like a mutt.”

Rarity looked over to Trixie now. “And I swear to Celestia, Trixie, if you so much as think of pulling something on me, I shall show you just how generous my hoof can be.”

“Uh, actually Rarity, it’s mine. And I think it’s a paw,” Vinyl said, bopping her on the nose. All three of them winced, and she smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, claws.”

“Trixie needs you to listen to every word she says, to the letter. Now is not the time for jokes,” she said, glaring at Vinyl. “Help me, and I shall help you. First, though, Trixie thinks you should test your new legs.”

“Test our legs?” Octavia asked, eyeing her over.

She nodded firmly. “Trixie is worried for your bodies. She fears that we have waited too long. We must retrieve them so that she can get them to a fire. If she is correct, you are both still breathing,” she said, looking to Octavia and Rarity. “And any longer, you may not have a body to return to.”

Rarity and Octavia exchanged glances, speechless.

Vinyl, on the other hoof, felt her heart leap. “Yeah, let’s go! I’m ready to get movin’!” She dropped from the couch and bounced from hoof to hoof.

“Yes, but we need a plan,” Trixie said. She stood as well, setting her mug down. “The police here are on Trixie’s side only when she has the upper hoof already. As she said, cowards. You must be swift, as Trixie--and eventually the police--will be on your tail. Once out of town, you are safe. Stick to the tracks, and don’t get lost.” She sighed. “And Vinyl, for the love of Celestia, don’t be... yourself.”

Vinyl grinned and trotted around the coffee table. “Yeah, whatever. Let’s go, I’ve got helpless mares to save!”

Octavia nipped her cheek, causing Vinyl to jerk. “My teeth are a bit sharper than yours, mind you,” Octavia said.

Rarity swallowed dryly. “Please girls, we need to focus. I fear for our bodies if we don’t.”

“She’s right,” Vinyl said. “Octavia, quit your squabbling. Onward!”

Octavia squinted, licking her lips. “I’ll bite harder next time.”

“Your problem too,” she said with a shrug. “Now c’mon ponies, we need to go.”

Her stomach let loose a long, low growl. Trixie’s soon mimicked it, causing her to grip her sides and frown. “Trixie thinks we should wait until we eat breakfast,” she said, heading for the hall doorway.

Vinyl, Octavia, and Rarity looked to each other and nodded, Vinyl’s with significantly more vigor than the other two. Octavia and Rarity were doing their best to keep their breathing calm and their heads up.

Vinyl smiled and trotted after Trixie with a bounce to her step. “What’s for breakfast?” she asked herself, turning down the hall and heading into the kitchen. Trixie was digging in her freezer, shifting things around as a pale mist flowed out.

She pulled out a slab of red meat and levitated it to a plate on the counter. Vinyl took a seat at the table in the center, watching with wide eyes and a watering mouth. Octavia and Rarity too began to water at the sight, though grimacing still.

“Rabbit,” Trixie said, putting the plate in front of them. “I think only one of you needs to eat it. Now do so, you will need the energy. Trixie has some mean calves.”