• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 1,608 Views, 49 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Chaotic Saturday - CapNTilfy



Pinkie Pie tries to juggle several things at once over the course of the day. Book Two of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
2
 49
 1,608

The Following Morning

Waking up, Pinkie yawned and stretched. Slowly getting up out of bed, she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. "All right, day." she said, "What have you got for me?" Her phone buzzed.

Hey girls! Guess who's back to 100%? - Sent by Sunset Shimmer

Awesome! - Sent by Rainbow Dash

Yay! - Sent by Fluttershy

Grinning, Pinkie sent a text of her own.

This calls for a party! Wait, haven't we all said these things before? - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Having texted, Pinkie ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When she dried off, she checked her phone.

Something amazing happened! I have so much to tell you all, and something to show you! Meet me at the mall in a few hours.- Sent by Sunset Shimmer

Pinkie's eyes lit up with excitement. "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I can't wait!" She jumped up and down. "Now, what can I do to kill a few hours? Oh, I know!" She put in her copy of "Stormy with a side of Pudding" and ignored everything that happened around her until the movie ended.

----------------------------------------------

"I should really keep a box of tissues next to me whenever I play this movie." Pinkie said as she dried her tears. Finding a cloth, she blew her nose on it. "Yuck, I should get this washed!" She tossed the cloth into her hamper. "So that's a couple of hours down. What to do next...Oh yeah!"

Taking out a notebook from her hair, Pinkie opened it and reviewed the notes she had written last night. "I still haven't completed planning Sunset Shimmer's 'Yay, You're All Better Party'!"

----------------------------------------------

Hmm. I still haven't finished planning Sunset's party, but I think it's about time I got going. Pinkie thought to herself as she put the notebook back in her hair. She made her way to the mall.

"Hey, there!" said a familiar voice.

"Hey, Golden! What's up?"

"Oh, nothing. Just that I never got the chance to thank you for yesterday's tour." he said.

Pinkie blushed out of embarrassment. "I'm sorry I left you hanging, my day just got all crazy busy near the end."

Golden Crossbow smiled. "Eh, it happens. No harm, no foul. So what are you up to?"

"I'm going to the mall. My friend who was sick yesterday got better, and she sent me and my other friends a text saying she had a bit of a 'show and tell' she'd prepare for us." said Pinkie.

Golden Crossbow gave her a look of confusion.

Pinkie laughed. "It's not like she's going to show us her puke, she's probably just going to tell us about a weird yet meaningful dream she had that will likely change the course of our collective lives over time."

Golden simply stared at Pinkie.

"It's just a hunch, Golden." Pinkie winked at him.

Taking his confusion in stride, Golden simply shrugged and said "If you say so."

Pinkie nodded happily. "Indeed I do! Well, it was nice talking to you, but I gotta go. See you again sometime?"

Golden smiled and waved his hand as Pinkie walked towards the mall. "Sure. Later!"

----------------------------------------------

Arriving at the mall, Pinkie heard the latest Sapphire Shores hit playing in the background. She sighed. Now that the mall no longer plays it, it feels like forever and a half ago that me, my friends and the Crystal Prep girls made that super-fun music video that helped us raise money for Camp Everfree. Pinkie shook her head to get herself back on track, then made her way to the food court where their favorite table was.

Pinkie was the first of the group to arrive. Sitting down at the table, she people-watched for a few minutes. Her attention was diverted when she heard an unmistakable voice from behind her.

"Pinkie, darling! I'm surprised you're the first one here!" said Rarity.

"Well, I haven't had anything to do all morning." Pinkie shrugged.

Rarity leaned into Pinkie slowly and asked in a whisper "You haven't told anyone about...'her', have you?"

Pinkie smiled. "Of course I haven't, silly! I Pinkie Promised, after all!"

Rarity breathed a sigh of relief. "Yes, you did. I'm sorry, I normally wouldn't be so paranoid about this...but this is my first crush on a female. I know I won't be judged for it by you and our friends, but this is just new and unusual to me."

"What's new and unusual?" came a familiarly raspy voice from behind Rarity.

Rarity yelped. "Rainbow Dash, don't eavesdrop! You scared the living daylights out of me!"

Rainbow Dash blushed, embarrassed. "Sorry. All I heard you say was 'new and unusual', so I was curious."

"The new Sapphire Shores song that replaced our "Dance Magic" music video is what's new and unusual, Dashie." said Pinkie, in an attempt to keep her friend from learning Rarity's secret.

Rainbow frowned. "Yeah, it sucks. But hey, we had a good run." Seeing a familiar figure walk up behind Pinkie, she followed up with "Didn't we, Twilight?"

Pinkie turned around as Twilight said "Yeah. It was pretty surreal seeing us in a video playing throughout the entire mall. Even more so when the Daring Do movie came out."

"But it was a whole bushel of fun doin' both of those things." said Applejack, just slightly behind Twilight.

Fluttershy was the last to arrive as she said "But I'm glad I didn't get mobbed by strangers like I was afraid I would."

With everyone but Sunset there, they all sat down together until she arrived and told them everything.

----------------------------------------------

After the last bit of Sunset Shimmer had passed through the portal, the remaining six friends looked at each other.

"Well, it's still pretty early in the afternoon. Where do we go from here?" asked Twilight.

"Not much to do on a Sunday, really." said Rainbow Dash.

"I can't wait for the weekend-long party we're gonna have!" Pinkie squealed excitedly.

"It'll definitely be a weekend to remember." said Applejack.

"So...anyone have any plans?" asked Fluttershy.

"I have to work on the outfits for the Crystal Prep girls. I know it's still summer, but I want to be prepared for their spring dance!" said Rarity.

"I'm gonna practice some awesome guitar solos!" said Rainbow.

"I promised Spike I'd spend some time with him today." said Twilight.

"You gals know me, I always have chores to do." said Applejack.

"There's a new guy in town named Golden Crossbow. I'm going to try to get to know him better." said Pinkie.

"The animals at the center seem to have some pent-up energy. I'm going to take them all outside." said Fluttershy.

They all looked at each other again.

"I hope Sunset doesn't stay in Equestria for too long. I worry about her when she's there." said Fluttershy.

"Sunset's a toughie, Flutters! She can handle it!" said Pinkie.

"I know, it's just in my nature to worry." Smiled Fluttershy.

"See you all tomorrow then?" asked Twilight.

"See you tomorrow!" said Rarity.

As they all said their goodbyes and went their separate ways, they all remained blissfully unaware of the secrets they were all hiding from each other.

End of Book 2 of Not Just Any Old Day

Author's Note:

Writing this and "Sunset Shimmer's Sick Day" was a blast! I'm sure the next book will be just as fun!

Comments ( 12 )

Who eeez eet Wawityyyyy
I MUST KNOW

8852044
I'm just as excited to reveal her identity as you are to learn it! But all in good time. =)

8853682
I think by now Pinkie would have caught on. ;)

8944639
That is legitmatly scary, they are obviously up to something if they go to door selling Clownfish, noone in their right mind will go to door selling Clownfish.

9381356
Yeah, this was my first time writing for her, and since it's one of the things about her that I like I kinda went overboard.

It happens way less in her next book.

Writing Pinkie can be a fine balance. This... did not achieve that. Still, early story. Presumably you've learned since.

10073517
I'd like to think so.

10073517
What I meant to say was "Yes, I have." It took me a while .

Rainbow frowned. "Yeah, it sucks. But hey, we had a good run." Seeing a familiar figure walk up behind Pinkie, she followed up with "Didn't we, Twilight?"

You girls sure did. :scootangel:

11435284
crap, guess this is what I get for not watching all of fim. :facehoof:

11435288
Crap, guess i forgot about the second one. I haven't watched that short in a long time. :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment