• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 1,598 Views, 49 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Chaotic Saturday - CapNTilfy



Pinkie Pie tries to juggle several things at once over the course of the day. Book Two of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
2
 49
 1,598

Lily Pad at Pinkie's Pad

Pinkie Pie greeted Lily. "Heya, Lily! How's it going?"

"Hi, Pinkie." Said Lily. "It's going fine. Nothing's new with me. How about you?"

"Eh, not much. Had one heck of a day yesterday, let me tell you."

----------------------------------------------

Once Pinkie finished her story, Lily Pad stared at her, mouth agape. "Wow...I'll never look at toothpaste the same way after that story..."

"Sorry, Lily. I just needed to vent. I hope I didn't traumatize you." said Pinkie.

"That's okay, I understand."

"But enough about that. What do you want to do today? We could go outside and you could read!" Pinkie gasped as an idea came to her. "We could have a picnic in the backyard! It's the perfect weather for it!"

Lily Pad smiled. "Sure, why not? Hasn't been a sunny day around here in a while."

"Great! Let's get this picnic started!" Pinkie ran outside and pulled a beach blanket out of her hair.

Lily Pad blinked, about to say something, but she quickly remembered not to question Pinkie Pie. The last time I tried to reason out how she works, I was up all night!

Pinkie brought out paper plates, plastic cups, soda and the pizzas from the oven. When everything was set up, Pinkie said "Lunch time!" Suddenly, her phone buzzed.

I'm afraid she's feeling worse, dears. She had a dizzy spell and is burning up, but she's getting the rest she needs. - Sent by Rarity

Pinkie frowned and sent a text of her own.

Major bummer! - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Lily noticed the concerned look on Pinkie's face. "Is something wrong, Pinkie?" she asked.

Pinkie sighed. "A good friend of mine isn't feeling so great, so Rarity, me, Twilight and all our other friends are taking turns visiting her so she won't be lonely."

Lily scratched her chin. "I think I remember Twilight from that one time we played on the beach. She's your friend with the really thick glasses and the ponytail? Had all those books and was drawing an equation in the sand?"

Pinkie smiled. "Yup! That's Twilight! Maybe someday you'll meet Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and Sunset Shimmer! There's never a dull moment when all seven of us are together! Now let's eat! Don't want the pizza to get cold!"

As they ate, both Pinkie and Lily listened to background ambiance. The occasional car passing by playing music with the windows down, dogs barking, cicadas sounding off. Once they were finished, Pinkie put the leftovers in the fridge. On her way back out, she grabbed a garbage bag and brought it outside with her. Once she finished cleaning everything up, she breathed a sigh of relief. "Whew!" She said. "I have desserts in the freezer if you want any, Lily!"

"Sounds good!" said Lily.

"Hey, you wanna watch 'Stormy With a Side of Pudding'?"

"Nah, I've seen it a couple times already." said Lily.

"Eh, just thought I'd ask." said Pinkie. "So have you seen any good movies lately besides 'Stormy With a Side of Pudding?'"

"No, not really. I usually read books on my SmartSlate."

"Hey, did they ever make a sequel to that book you read me the first time I babysat you?" said Pinkie.

"No, but the author did make another book. I can read it to you if you want." said Lily.

Pinkie checked her phone for the time of day. "Hmm...I think we have time. Just make sure I don't fall asleep this time." she laughed sheepishly.

Lily smiled. She began reading. "'Once upon a time...'"

----------------------------------------------

"'And they all lived happily ever after. The end.'" said Lily as she finished reading the story aloud. She turned to look at Pinkie, who was fast asleep and snoring next to her. Lily smiled, then gently nudged Pinkie awake.

"Aww, c'mon, mom...five more minutes." said Pinkie, half-asleep.

"Pinkie. You fell asleep during the story. Again." said Lily.

Pinkie suddenly sat upright. "Aww, I thought I said to make sure I wouldn't fall asleep this time!"

Lily laughed. "You just looked so peaceful, and I was enjoying the book."

Pinkie smiled. "Well, I needed that nap anyway. What time is it?" Pinkie looked at her phone and saw a text.

Just finished up at Sunset's, will be there to pick up Lily shortly. - Sent by Rarity

Okie-dokie-lokie! - Sent by Pinkie Pie

"Good thing I woke up before Rarity got here. Remember the look on her face when she walked in and saw me asleep the first time I babysat you? I sure don't!" Pinkie laughed.

There was a knock at the door.

"GAH!" Pinkie yelped. She ran and hid under the couch."L-l-l-l-l-lily, c-c-c-c-c-can y-y-y-y-y-ou check if it's th-th-the c-c-c-c-clownfish s-s-s-salesm-m-m-man??" she stuttered.

Confused, Lily went to the window to see who was at the door. "It's Rarity, Pinkie."

Pinkie bolted out from under the couch and laughed nervously. "Sorry about that. Clownfish scare the pudding out of me." she blushed. "Hiya, Rarity!" she said, before she realized what Rarity was wearing. Within an instant, Pinkie was on the floor, doubled over with laughter. "Rarity..." she managed to say while still laughing, her face bright red. "What...ahahahaha....are you...heeheeheehee..."

"Are you wearing a hazmat suit, Rarity?" asked Lily.

"Oh, goodness!" She said. "I'm still wearing it?! Where is my brain??" She slowly took off the suit. Underneath the custom-made hazmat suit she wore were her everyday clothes. "Ah. Much better."

Pinkie slowly got off the floor. "Oh, man...I haven't laughed like that in ages..." she said, catching her breath. "And coming from me, that says a lot!" Rarity stood still for a moment, with a look on her face that Pinkie thought was familiar. "Rarity? You there?" She got no response. Wait...I know that expression! "Rarity, why do you look the same way Twilight does whenever Timber Spruce is-" Pinkie gasped, putting two and two together. "Rarity! Do you have a cru-" Before she could continue, Rarity snapped out of it.

"Crush? What crush?! Who said anything about a crush?!" Rarity blushed.

"Oh my god, you do!" Shouted Pinkie. "Who is it? Do I know him/her?"

Rarity sighed. "Okay. I'll tell you. But you have to Pinkie Promise not to tell a single soul. Not even Gummy. I'm not ready for the rest of the girls to know."

Pinkie smiled. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." she recited.

Rarity leaned towards Pinkie. "My crush is-" she whispered the name in Pinkie's ear.

Pinkie's eyes widened. "WHAT?! Her?" She grinned. "How? When? Where? Why?"

"I don't have time to go into the details, I need to get Lily back to my place. Just remember that you Pinkie Promised not to tell anyone or anything." Rarity said, still blushing.

"Understood." Said Pinkie. She grabbed her copy of "Stormy With a Side of Pudding". "Have fun, you two! I'm off to see the Shimmer! The wonderful Shimmer of Sun!" She sent a text to Sunset.

Incoming! - Sent by Pinkie Pie

A few minutes later, Pinkie burst through Sunset's front door. "It's PARTY time! P-A-R-T. Y? Because I gotta!"