• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 1,606 Views, 49 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Chaotic Saturday - CapNTilfy



Pinkie Pie tries to juggle several things at once over the course of the day. Book Two of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
2
 49
 1,606

The Night Before

Pinkie Pie opened the door to her room abruptly. "Oh, Gummy." She said to her stuffed alligator companion. "You won't believe the day I had! You know what, nevermind! I'd rather not talk about it." She flopped onto her bed and sighed. "Well, at least today's over."

She got up off her bed and changed into her pajamas. She then hopped into bed and stared up at the ceiling. Taped to the ceiling was the Best Friends picture from their school yearbook. She had put it there so that she and her friends would be the last thing she'd see before falling asleep, and the first thing she'd see when she woke up. She smiled fondly at the picture.

It's never a dull moment when we're all together. Me, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, and Rarity! I don't know where I'd be without them, and I don't want to!

I remember the first time I saw Sunset Shimmer. She was a HUGE meanie. The biggest bully I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty terrible people! Good thing me and the girls hit her with that rainbow laser, otherwise she'd still be the biggest meanie at school. Since then, Sunset's been doing her best to change. And boy, has she changed! Now she's kinder, a LOT more fun, a great friend, and she plays a mean guitar!

Ah, Applejack. Never afraid to tell you the truth. She's a super-DUPER hard worker! She's crazy strong and she's always there when you need her. She never holds back in anything she does. Gotta love her countryisms, too!

Rarity. Now there's someone who knows how to look good in any situation! She makes all kinds of fun costumes and clothes. She's one of the most giving people I know! I asked her once to make me a birthday suit, but she just gave me this weird look.

Good old Flutters. She was so afraid of me when we first met that every time I saw her I had to check a mirror to see if something was on my face or in my teeth! When we finally got to talking, we had lots of fun! You'll never find a nicer person in all the world.

Then there's Rainbow Dash, or as I like to call her, Dashie. Who knew that nickname would be used by all of us? She sticks by your side like that glue I made in science class. She's very competitive, especially with AJ.

She may not be in the picture, but I'll never forget Princess Twilight. She's a blast! Very friendly. Must be why she's the Princess of Friendship back in her home of Equestria. She reunited me, Flutters, Dashie, Rarity, and AJ! I'll never forget that.

This world's Twilight Sparkle is a super-genius! It's like she invents something new at least once a week! I think that selfie-sensing drone she made is still a little afraid of me since I showed it my game face at the beach.

With friends like these, every day is new and exciting! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Pinkie looked at her alarm clock. "What?! It's only 9:30 PM?! Why am I in my PJ's? Wait, I know what to do!" She hurried downstairs to the kitchen. Opening the refrigerator, she took out a dozen canisters of whipped cream. She then hurried back upstairs. Looking down both sides of the hallway, she noticed nobody was around. She opened the door to the bathroom, then closed and locked it.

She turned the light on and took all of her clothes off, shaking all of the canisters. Grinning with anticipation, she took a canister in each hand and sprayed all the whipped cream out of them. She repeated the process with the other 10 canisters. Completely covered in whipped cream, she sighed contentedly. "Much better."

Taking care not to slip on the bathroom floor, she turned the shower on. Singing to herself, she washed off all the whipped cream. "Ahhhh. Nothing like a whipped cream shower at the end of a crazy day. So refreshing." Finished, she washed the remainder of the whipped cream down the drain. She dried off and put her pajamas back on. Glad I have the day off tomorrow. I could really use the free time, she thought to herself.

I wonder what the girls are up to? Let's see...Sunset should be getting off work, and I know Flutters is driving her home. Rarity and AJ have work tomorrow, so they're likely asleep or getting ready to go to bed by now. Twilight doesn't work until late into the afternoon, but she rarely stays up late. So she's probably getting into bed by now too. Dashie has the day off tomorrow, maybe I can talk her into a round or two online. She smiled.

Hey Dashie, you up for a round or two? -Sent by Pinkie Pie

A few minutes passed, then Pinkie's phone buzzed.

You're on, Pink! Hit me with your best shot! - Sent by Rainbow Dash

Pinkie grinned widely. She turned on her game console and started playing.

----------------------------------------------

A while later, Pinkie yawned. Picking up her phone, she sent Rainbow a text.

I'm starting to get tired, I'm going to bed. - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Tired? You? I think Hell just froze over. - Sent by Rainbow Dash

Pinkie giggled.

I'm only human, Dashie. Even I can't be energetic all the time. - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie added a goofy-faced emoji for a desired effect.

Sometimes I wonder. - Sent by Rainbow Dash

Pinkie laughed.

LOL. Night, Rainbow Dash. - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Night, Pinkie. - Sent by Rainbow Dash

Pinkie turned off her game console and her television. Climbing into bed, she hugged Gummy and looked up at the Best Friends photo she taped on the ceiling. "Good night, you guys!" she said, and fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------

The sun's light slowly made its way into Pinkie's room. She stirred a little, then gradually opened her eyes, waking up. "Oooh, looks like today's going to be a beautiful day!" She looked out the window, taking in the sunlight. She stretched and yawned. "Knowing Fluttershy, she must be awake by now. I wonder if she's available to hang out with before she goes to the animal shelter." She picked up her phone and dialed Fluttershy's number.

"Hello?" answered a soft-spoken voice.