• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 2,247 Views, 25 Comments

Sunset Shimmer is Also a Cat Now - Shadowmane PX-41



Inspired by the antics of one CPA student, Sunset has a whole new outlook on life.

  • ...
4
 25
 2,247

Chapter 2: Logisticats

Sunset Shimmer and Lemon Zest, both fully garbed in their catgirl attire finally made it to Rarity's house. Or rather, Rarity's boutique that was coupled to her house. The interior of the building's bottom floor was just the same way that Sunset remembered, with mannequins lining the walls and dresses draped over their bodies. There were some catalogs in a nearby holder that showcased all of the different fashions, as well as a separate room to the side that had a sewing machine poking out of the side of it. To Lemon Zest, the whole thing was like a gold mine of fabrics for her and Sunset to play with; to truly get into the catgirl vibe of it all.

"So, Sunset. Ya ever wanna know why I'm the way that I am?" Lemon Zest asked as she strolled into the room; faux tail swishing with each and every step that she took.

"Sure, go ahead." Sunset followed after Lemon Zest.

"I decided to get the way that I am because most of the guys and gals at Crystal Prep are SO BORING! Like, seriously. They're so stuffy and uptight that the stuffiest stuffbags from Stuffsville, on the planet Uptightia would be more easy-going and better than them," Lemon moaned, temples throbbing as she even thought about the other students at Crystal Prep Academy. "I mean, don't get me wrong, they do know how to have fun, but they just seem to focus on work, work, work, and more work. Which, alright, fair point, Crystal Prep is a private establishment, but it's still no excuse for how we're all getting turned into boring robots with programming made to be boring. I mean, come on..."

"Well, I'm sure that the students at your school are totally different on the outside. There's a thing called work/life balance, after all," Sunset, with her new cat outfit tried to see what Rarity was making, but she couldn't grab hold of the clothes properly without her claws sinking into the fabric. She had to take extra care not to rip the clothes that her friend had worked so hard on. "So, what made you decide to become a catgirl, Lemon Zest?"

"You have Sunny Flare to thank for that," Lemon Zest's smile came back as she looked into Sunset's eyes. "Sunny Flare decided to be totally cool and throw her stuffiness out of the window. She dressed up as a catgirl and played the act pretty well, to the point where she got me and Indigo on board as well," Lemon Zest explained with a smile as she looked down at her furry paw gloves. "Sunny decided to prank Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet; also known as the stuffiest super-smart geniuses on the planet and the girl with two flip-flopping personalities. Needless to say, it was a riot. The three of us had so much fun playing around with them, and it was just a fun way to spend the day, really. Though, I'll never be sure as to what inspired Sunny in the first place. Still, it was a fun prank. You probably saw the hashtag somewhere along the way. Hashtag Teenage Cat Disease?"

"I think I remember Pinkie Pie showing me that video of you and the other two once..." Sunset thought back to the day that she had first seen Lemon Zest in a cat outfit with her two other friends. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the phone, then, taking her cat gloves off for a second, used her thumbs to find the video that Pinkie had shown her, and played it back to Lemon Zest. "This one, right?"

"Yeah. That's totally it." Lemon Zest nodded as she watched the video play back before her eyes. "Let me see how it's doing at the moment." She looked down at the comments, like counts, and other reactions that people were leaving on the video. "I dunno about you, but I'm pretty sure that this is a viral video."

"I mean, you did just dress up as a catgirl with Sunny Flare and Indigo Zap for the sole purpose of pranking Sour Sweet and Sugarcoat. The internet goes crazy for some of the weirdest things, I tell ya..." Sunset just rolled her eyes as she slipped the phone back into her pocket and slipped the cat gloves that she had been wearing back onto her hands. "But then again, I've got no room to say whether or not that's bad, since I'm also in a cat outfit now."

"Yeah. And it was totally harmless. Didn't mean to maliciously attack the two of 'em. Just thought that it'd be good for a laugh. And turns out, it was. It was one of the best laughs I've had in a while, actually." Lemon Zest clapped her cat gloves together, then made her way towards another door at the back of the building. "Hey, Sunset? You're Rarity's friend, right? Ya mind if you get the door for us?"

"Oh, sure. It's no bother at all." Sunset made her way over to Rarity's house and knocked on the door gently. "Rarity? Are you there? It's me. Sunset," she remarked. "Do you mind if we come in at the moment?"

"Sunset? Whatever is the matter?" Rarity's refined voice came from the other side of the door. Lucky for Sunset and the others, this was one of the days where she was at home, rather than outside with her friends trying to find some inspiration for a new line of dresses and outfits. "Of course I can let you in, but I simply must know for whatever reason first, if that's alright with you."

"I'm with a friend, actually. I wanna get your opinions on a new outfit that we're trying on," said Sunset. This prompted a mini-giggle from Lemon Zest. That wasn't what they were doing at all. "You don't mind letting us in for that, do you?"

"I don't mind that, darling. Not at all, in fact," Rarity remarked, and the sound of a lock unlocking could be heard. The door swung open. "Now, what was it that you wanted me to..." Her words started to trail, and then vanished completely when she saw exactly what Sunset and Lemon Zest were wearing. The sight of the fully completed catsuits was enough to catch her off-guard. "Sunset? Since when were you into... promiscuous japanese anime catgirls?"

This was enough to catch Lemon off guard. She fell to the floor and let out the heartiest laugh that she could muster. She hadn't been expecting Rarity of all people to say that about her and Sunset's attire. The way that her body curled upwards was enough to draw both pairs of eyes towards her. That had been the funniest thing that Lemon Zest had ever seen, and she laughed so much, that she started to hack and cough. That was the moment that she stood back up and brushed herself down with her cat gloves.

"Oh, aren't you... Lemon Zest, is it?" Rarity asked, watching as Lemon finally recomposed herself and stood next to Sunset.

"You got that right, Rares," Lemon Zest replied. "Sorry if I'm still semi-chuckling here, I just hadn't been expecting to be called a prom... promis... whatever it was."

"Promiscuous," Rarity corrected.

"Yeah, that," remarked Lemon. "Anyways, Sunset invited me out to this little shindig."

"I can see that," Rarity stepped aside and let both Sunset and Lemon Zest walk into her humble abode. "Well, don't let me keep you, ladies. Oh, but, if you will, do you mind if you wait a smidge for me? I've got some business to attend to with my own cat, Opalescence." As the two went inside, Rarity heard a meowing noise coming from one of the nearby rooms. "Just hold on tightly, Opal. Mama's coming."

Sunset Shimmer and Lemon Zest made their way through the entrance hall of Rarity's house towards a staircase that looked like it had been embroided. One foot on it immediately broke the illusion, as the fabrics were squashed underneath Lemon's foot. She speedily scurried up the stairs like a cat would, giggling all the while. Sunset Shimmer could only watch at her speedy ascent.

"C'mon, Sunset! There's no time to just sit back and think about it!" Lemon called. "If ya wanna be a catgirl like me, ya gotta live in the moment; just go for things!"

"Just... go for it?" Sunset remarked, blinking. Then, she looked back at the staircase. She had been up the staircase to Rarity's bedroom before a few times, but never on all fours. The way that Lemon Zest did it made the climb feel effortless, but this was the first time that Sunset Shimmer had ever thought of climbing a staircase on all fours like a cat would; let alone a pony. She shouldn't have been so worried, since she did come from a magical land of talking horses, where climbing up stairs on all fours was perfectly natural for them, but climbing stairs as a human and climbing stairs as a pony was two completely different things. "Oh, what the heck?" And just like that, Sunset sped up the stairs on her hands and feet. Her many years of being a pony had served her well, as she was scurrying up the stairs with a speed that she had never known before. She barely even had time to register the top of the stairs as she shot up. Because of how sudden the end came, Sunset ended up tripping and falling over herself, which sent her and Lemon Zest tumbling into Rarity's room in a heap.

"Whoa," said Lemon Zest as she tried to climb up out of the mangle that was her and Sunset. "Didn't know you liked it that way, Sunset. Next time, warn me about being really, REALLY rowdy."

"Rarity? What's going on in..." Another girl stood by the door wearing a yellow dress. She had white skin like Rarity's, but her hair was curled pink and purple. She took one look at the two newcomers, blinked, and then backed away from the door. "Actually... never mind. Think I'll just... head back to my room now," she said, then dashed for her room, leaving a cloud of smoke behind her.

Lemon Zest giggled again, then stood back up again. She took one look around Rarity's room and did a catcall-style whistle at how it all looked. From the four-poster bed, to the dresser for applying make-up and other beautifying products, and the regal shades of white and purple that lined it all, Lemon Zest was impressed. "Okay, I know that Rarity's a dressmaker, but I didn't know that translated to her head as well. I swear, you'd think that this room belongs to some fairy-tale princess or something."

"Rarity has a taste for the... finer things in life," said Sunset. "Honestly, I'm surprised that, at this point, she hasn't introduced us to caviar yet. Maybe she's just trying to be normal, like the rest of us." She shrugged.

"Yeah, kinda impossible when you're friends with a magical god girl with superpowers," said Lemon Zest, remembering the Friendship Games clear as day. "Seriously. Why don't more people talk about you, Sunset? You've got the powers of some kinda light-angel fairy goddess thing now."

"It's... nothing really that special." Sunset blushed at each cheek. She had never been praised for having the Magic of Friendship like that. "We all just did what we could to save Twilight from being controlled by magic. Nothing more beyond that."

"What? Don't be like that, girl. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!" Lemon exclaimed. "Like, seriously. You and the other Rainbooms should start some kind of superhero team. I can see you right now wearing awesome costumes with masks on, using your magical powers to stomp out bad guys and save Canterlot City. Just like in the movies!"

"Please, Lemon. I'm really not used to praise like that." Sunset just tipped her paw-covered hand down towards Lemon Zest.

"What? I'm just being nice. That's what they call it at CHS, niceness, right?" Lemon shrugged innocently.

Sunset could only sigh. She didn't fully know what to expect with Lemon Zest. She hadn't had much time to be with her, especially considering the fact that they had vastly different circles of friends. While she had the Rainbooms to fall back on, Lemon Zest only had the four other girls she was known for hanging with. Maybe, when she had the time, Sunset would have to invite Lemon around for a day out with the Rainbooms to show her the real meaning of friendship.

"Well, we've still got some time before Rarity comes up, so why don't I teach you a little bit of how to act like a catgirl," said Lemon Zest, shuffling back down onto all fours. "If you wanna make it seem convincing, ya gotta learn your wordplay. Cat jokes, cat puns, anything cat-related sells the deal."

"Is... that all?" Sunset tilted her head. "If it's that easy, then why haven't we just started making all of the cat-related wordplay and jokes we want?"

"See, because there's so much more than that. As Sunny showed off yesterday, cats are nimble." To demonstrate, Lemon Zest clambered up the posters of Rarity's bed and tucked herself onto the tarp that hung above the bed. "See? Like this. Ya ever climbed a bed like this, Sunset?"

"No. I haven't," she could only watch as Lemon wriggled herself out of her snug little space and landed on her feet by Sunset's.

"Well, I'll be teaching you some moves later. But first, we gotta see how you can sell the role of being a cat." As Lemon said it, she planted her ear by the door. She could hear that Rarity was coming upstairs and was just about ready to get started with the phony examination that Sunset had mentioned. "No time like the present, girl." Lemon swept Sunset's legs to put her back down onto all fours, threw herself back down onto her hands and knees as well.

"Lemon Zest, I really don't think that was—" The door swung open, and Rarity was staring down at Lemon and Sunset, who were both playing the role of being cats. "Uh... Meow?" Sunset turned to Rarity and did the best impression that she could for being put on the spot.

Rarity's mouth just fell to the floor at the sight of Sunset. She had to watch for a brief moment as Lemon Zest strolled around the room on all fours, purring subtly under her voice. She soon found herself brushing up against Rarity's leg tenderly, which caused the girl to back up.

"Aw, c'mon, girl? What's wrong? Ain't ya never seen catgirls before?" Lemon Zest remarked in a human voice, instead of trying to speak in all meows, much to the relief of one Sunset Shimmer. "We're completely harmless. Promise."

"Uh... I..." Rarity tried her best to find the right words to respond to the situation, but she couldn't. All that she could do was walk towards the window, away from Lemon's legs as she tried to scurry over to her again. "I'm... not entirely sure what all of this is about, Sunset, but if you're ready, we can begin that little costume analysis you wanted."

"Oh, right, see that's also what I wanted to talk to you about, Rarity." Sunset remained stoic on all fours as Lemon just gave her the innocent smile. "See, there's this thing I wanted to tal—"

"Sunset's decided to go super catgirl on everyone, and I decided to give her a little helping hand in letting her inner cat out of the bag!" Lemon Zest blurted out, dashing to Rarity's legs again, causing the girl to yelp in fright.

"Sunset? I don't even know what to say about any of this! Will you please explain to me what in the world is happening to you and Lemon Zest here?" Rarity remarked.

"Hey, don't look at me. She's the crazy one. I'm just trying to learn about the ways of the cat," said Sunset. "So... I dunno. Nya, I guess?" She made what she could describe as a beginner resting catgirl face, by sticking her tongue out and trying to compress her eyes.

"Nya? Oh, this is much worse than I thought. It's just like what Pinkie Pie showed me in that video..." Rarity examined Sunset from head to toe, lifting up her arms and legs. "You might be developing... Teenage Cat Disease."

"Guilty as charged!" Lemon Zest chuckled. "Yep. Me and Sunset are infected alright. Infected with purretty good taste!" She skittered back to Sunset's side and flashed her own catface at Rarity. "Nya!"

It was at that moment that Rarity realised something. She had let these catgirls touch her. For all that she knew, she could have been infected with Teenage Cat Disease as well. She let out a scream that would have landed her a job as an opera singer rather than a dressmaker, then climbed on top of the nearby couch, hunching herself away from the catgirl teens. "Stay away from me! I won't let the two of you infect me!"

"Infect you? Rarity, that's not it at all." Sunset stood back up on two feet again. "I just decided to wear this because I thought it was pretty interesting. Plus, I do kinda look good like this, don't I?" She looked into the mirror, admiring how she had dressed herself in the ways of a cat.

"You look..." Rarity couldn't muster up the strength to keep talking. She felt a swirling sensation begin to form in her head as Lemon gave her a cheeky wink. Her words devolved into a gibberish babble as she collapsed onto the couch. Lemon was able to catch her and make sure that she was properly lying down on the couch.

"Sleep tight, Rarity." Lemon giggled as she played with her hair. She fashioned it so that she made mini cat ears for Rarity as well, only for her hair to flop back once she wandered over to Sunset. "So, I'd say that we've had a pretty good time here, but I think we'd better scram before Rarity finds out we're still here and calls some kinda doctor."

"Yeah. As much as I wanna stay and explain it to Rarity, something tells me that I think we've made her a little bit paranoid," said Sunset. "She'll be fine, though. Once this all comes and goes, that is."

"Yeah. Once it blows over, she'll be fine." Lemon Zest stood back up and walked back down the stairs and out of the house, with Sunset following shortly after. "Now, who do you think we should pay a visit to next?"

Author's Note:

GOD! I shouldn't have abandoned this story! But it's back now! Yes. I've decided to get the stuf out of my butt and say yes to more Sunset being a Catgirl. I'm weird, energetic, ecstatic, and a little bit crazy all at once.

I'm sorry for leaving this for a while, but I hope with this new chapter, all is forgiven.

Comments ( 7 )

9494267
There's that update you were asking for. Ta-da!:pinkiehappy:

Opal is wide-eyed after seeing this.

This is giving me pitou flash backs

Who hasn't gone up the stairs on four legs?

Wut.

WUT. OUTTA NOWHERE.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

Proceeds to read.

"I don't mind that, darling. Not at all, in fact," Rarity remarked, and the sound of a lock unlocking could be heard. The door swung open. "Now, what was it that you wanted me to..." Her words started to trail, and then vanished completely when she saw exactly what Sunset and Lemon Zest were wearing. The sight of the fully completed catsuits was enough to catch her off-guard. "Sunset? Since when were you into... promiscuous japanese anime catgirls?"

:rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh:

UPDATE THIS, PLEASE

Login or register to comment