• Published 3rd Apr 2018
  • 3,451 Views, 90 Comments

Cronus is King - fanficlover 1



Among the many stories of displaced you'll find a surprising trend of the protag being turned to stone before coming back years later. Well what if someone decided to not let that happen to begin with, someone, with the power to become king.

  • ...
14
 90
 3,451

The King Learns

Ch 7

Things had been going okay for the past 20 minutes or so as Feathers Worth told me the stories such as the time during the food shortage rebellion, and the dragon scouts invasion, but after a while the stories began to simply blend together in one way or another leaving to become bored as Feathers continued to read his documents. With nothing to do, I figured that now would be the best time to try and figure out how to finally teleport. Starting simple, I placed a stack of papers on one side of the room I was in on a stool while I stood on the other. 2 minutes later and I still haven’t been able to teleport.

“What are you doing?”

“Yesterday I teleported to help some ponies but I can’t seem to do it now.” Feathers looked interested by this as he turned on his haunches to look at me.

“How have you been trying teleport?”

“Well when I first did it, I wanted to be somewhere as quickly as possible, and it just happened. I’ve been trying to recreate that feeling.”

Feathers worth, gave a long stare, as though contemplating my response before shaking his head.

“You’re doing it all wrong then.”

“What?”

“You’re doing it wrong. You keep trying to recreate the feeling you had then but you aren’t.”

“How so?”

“Answer me this first. What were you doing that lead you to teleport?”

“Saving someponies’ lives.”

“And you obviously felt some strong emotion before it happened then, yes?” I nodded. “That right there is your problem. You keep trying to activate the magic based on your wants instead of your needs. At the time, you felt you needed to get close and you magic reacted in response to teleport you.”

“But It’s not magic.” Feathers looked at me funny.

“Even still, magic or not magic, the feeling of needing to do something always supersedes that of want. Eventually after enough practice, the feeling becomes second nature and you can do it on command.”

Contemplating his words, I focused back on the papers. I imagined them as them as the one thing that could possibly get me out of this mess and all that I needed to do was grab them. In an instant, I was on my hands and knees. Looking around to see what had happened, I saw that I was no longer at the end of the room but rather halfway between the two ends. Feathers Worth began clapping at this.

“Not bad, teleporting is an extremely advanced skill to use and for your second try you did pretty well.” instead of getting of to my feet, I let myself sit on the floor to look at the Griffon.

“I take it you’ve done this before?”

“Teaching? No. I have taught myself in the art of magic though.” At that, he cupped his talons and produced a small ball of flames. “Not many species know this but griffons are actually able to be quite proficient at magic if they took the time to study but with our natural history and biology at work, our physical aspects have always retained the forefront of our concern. Truthfully, I wished to have become an elder mage, but when your father is the owner of a firm, anything but law school goes out the window.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, you seem like you could have been a good one. Still though, if you take so time out of your day to keep practicing, you might still become one.” Feathers extinguished the flame with a sad smile.

“I thought the same way, a long time ago. I would practice everyday after my studies to learn about magic but, in the end, it just didn’t pan out.” After saying that, he turned back to his book. I felt bad now, reminding him of his given up dreams and I wanted to make it up at least somewhat. Thinking for a moment, I finally had the perfect idea.

“Hey Feathers, you got an empty bag or purse on ya.”

“No but I have a mostly empty coin purse in my briefcase. Why do you ask?” I didn’t answer as I quickly opened the case, ignoring my bugvisor in the process. Once I had the object in hand, I quickly emptied what little was in the purse onto the table and retrieved my energy items book.

Looking over the assortment of items, I quickly grabbed a few of each kind and put them into the purse before handing over the now bulging purse.

“Um, what are you doing?”

“Well, I felt bad for reminding you of something bad from your past and I also wanted to repay you for the lesson you gave me.”

“What?”

“I know what It’s like to remember something you would rather forget, and I found the best way to at least ease the burden is to discover something new. Well right now, I’ve given you a bag of small coins that can give you boosts in power based on which one you use.” Feathers took the bag cautiously, before removing one of the energy items. The item in question was an iron-body.

“I don’t know what to say, no one has ever given me anything like this before.”

“Please, your just saying that. To prove how cool this is, just crush the coin in your hand.” Still hesitant, Feathers did so. Within the course of a second, his entire body became silver in color with a polished gleam before it faded away.

“What was that?”

“That, was Iron-body. For the next five minutes, your entire body is as hard as iron so not only does it mean you can take more than just a punch, you’ll be able to hit harder yourself.” Feathers seemed to only be able to express the emotion of being flabbergasted but I continued unperturbed. “Amazing I know. Don’t use them all up though because they don’t grow back like the ones in my binder.”

“Where did you get these?” Not expecting the question, I stumbled in my pride.

“Um, well, I just had them. I didn’t really find them anywhere.”

“I don’t believe you. Items like these, don’t just appear out of thin air. These are easily in the same class as one of the princesses crowns.”

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is, you currently have an unlimited supply of magic items that can change anything with no draw back on the user. All magic items have some kind of drawback, whether it be simply needing a certain amount of magic energy, or even taking part of your soul itself. All magic items have a price to use them, and these didn’t have one at all.” I was stunned to hear that but then I remembered what he had said first.

“Wait, you said that the princess crowns are magic items. Do you mean Luna and Celestia.” He shook his head yes.

“Both princesses hold magical enchantments in their crowns though nobody knows what they all are. Some say that, Luna can teleport anyone anywhere, as long as she knows where she’s going during the time of night while Celestia can find anyone during the daytime, and those are the only two that are actually confirmed after decades of studying the two.” I couldn’t believe what he was saying. Celestia has been able to track me all this time, no wonder should could keep up with me under the trees or how she found me so fast after I time paused to get away from them the first time. If she was tracking me, that meant she was on her way now as we speak.

“Feathers, we need that courtroom right now!” My outburst seemed to startle him out of his starstruck mentality.

“What, why?”

“Because, Princess Celestia is tracking me at this very moment and if I don’t get out of here quick then she’ll find me and encase me in stone.” Feathers, understanding my panic, quickly looked to his watch to check the time only to become relaxed.

“No need to worry, the hearing starts in five minutes so we need to head up anyways.”

“Thank goodness, I can win my duel and get out of here then. Hand me my bugvisor would you?”

“Um, weapons aren’t allowed.” I could only stare at Feathers as we walked side by side down the halls.

“What?”

Author's Note:

Short chapter, I know but I have some big things happening in the next and I didn't want to just cram it all in right here. Sorry but the next one will be extra special as it will be all about fighting.

(Audience cheers)

Awesome right? Well just hold on for one more day and it will come out real soon.

Also, not many seem to be trying to guess who the other displaced is. To give you a hint so I can get more guesses going, His power relies on his sweat.