• Published 3rd Apr 2018
  • 3,481 Views, 90 Comments

Cronus is King - fanficlover 1



Among the many stories of displaced you'll find a surprising trend of the protag being turned to stone before coming back years later. Well what if someone decided to not let that happen to begin with, someone, with the power to become king.

  • ...
13
 90
 3,481

The King Works

Ch 26

Turns out that by not explaining something right away leads to being attacked in some form or another. Who knew.

“Quit avoiding my attacks you dog! I want to know what happened to Luna.” Apparently the princess Cadance thought I was a diamond dog, whatever that is.

“I already told you, after the first missile, that she’s asleep right now!”

“Lies, Luna only sleeps during the day. Even if she did sleep at night, she has her responsibility of being in charge of the Night Court!”

“Well Unless you haven’t heard. Princess Luna has been a little over worked so she needed a rest since Celestia is out of commission for the Day Court.”

“No doubt because of you!” I didn’t refute her claim which only seemed to anger her more and made her magic missiles bigger.

‘What is it with ponies and always getting so angry at me. I don’t even try sometimes.’ Dodging once more, I decided that I had finally had enough of this cat and mouse while everyone else just watched as they were either to amused or to dumb founded to do anything.

Time Out

In an instant, time and everything in it, paused. No longer in a hurry due to the princess unable to attack me, I took a breather before calmly walking up to her still form. I was oh so tempted to give her a roundhouse kick to relieve some stress from all the close shaves from the past couple of minutes but I knew that it would not end well for me it I did so. Taking another breath to calm down a bit, I gently picked up the princess’ smaller form and carried her to the throne before forcing her body to sit down. With the princess out of the way now, I made my way over to one of the many magic missiles that were dotting the air and checked to see if they were hot to the touch.

After a few careful prods, I found them to be safe to touch and changed their flight paths to connect with one another and detonate harmlessly (relatively speaking of course) in the air. Before I made time start again, I noticed that Princess Cadance’s guards were still at the door slack jawed. Deciding to have a little fun after everything that had just happened, I picked them up one by one before putting them outside the courtroom and closing the door behind them. With that out of the way, I pressed the two buttons on my bugvisor.

Time In

Just as I had planned, the magic missiles detonated in mid air with no problems, and Cadance was confused. Something That I could use to, maybe, catch her attention and explain things clearly to her.

“Alright. Are we done with the Magic Missiles so we can talk like respectable individuals?” I didn’t wait for her to answer. “Now as I was saying earlier. Luna has currently been overworking herself with both the Day and Night Court and she has assigned me to, temporarily, take over for the night so that she can catch up on some missed sleep. I didn’t do anything untowards her, and I didn’t tell her to let me be in charge. She is simply out of options to work with right now, or rather she was before you showed up.”

Having said my piece I saw that Cadance seemed much more calm but with a look in her eye that said the reason for her current cooperation was more than just common courtesy.

“I see. If that is truly the case then I must assume that I must work with you for the time being until morning then.” I nodded.

“Yep so tell me what the problem is and I’ll try to help as best I could.” She gave me a good long stare.

“Very well then. 5 days ago, I received word that princess Celestia has become comatose due to the actions of a still unknown individual. I wished to come here, after hearing such, so that I may aid in the finding of the individual who did it.”

‘Oh.’ I need to be very precise in how I responded now, lest I earn her ire once again. I don’t know what to say though, I need more time.

“Surely you didn’t simply leave your kingdom just to help find a individual who is on the run from all guards across Equestria?”

“I did not simply leave. I made sure to leave my husband in my stead so that he may keep an eye on the current progress and direct it as need be. I trust in him to do so, just as I trust in the guards that protect the many cities. I simply wish to lend my power in the locating and capture of the unknown individual.”

“I see, well then. How do I break this to you. There are actually two people behind the cause at the moment. One is a human, much like myself, who caused the accident to happen, and then there’s the one who allowed it to happen due to him not understanding what was going on. That other is me.” I waited for her to go berserk again but it didn’t happen, instead she simply had a frown on her face.

“I see. If this were any other, I would move to carry out capital punishment as dictated by our laws, but considering the circumstances, I guess I will simply have to make due with the other one responsible in all this.” I didn’t get to say more as the doors behind me flew open abruptly with panting and wheezing guards from both Candance’s and the Night guards having worked together in trying to push the door open. Behind all of them were multiple noble looking ponies who were trying to peek out from behind and see what was going on. Candance took that as it was her time to leave for now and walked to her guards, that assembled quickly, eve while tired, and made her way out of the main hall, past all the bowing nobles.

When she was finally gone, it was just me and some confused nobles. Figuring it would be a long night, I quickly made my way to the throne and took a seat before beckoning the first of the nobles inside and explained what was going on.

Author's Note:

I told you all I would be back to day didn't I?

Well here I am and with a brand new chapter.