• Published 3rd Apr 2018
  • 3,030 Views, 114 Comments

Displaced: Human In Equestria but the Human becomes Twilight Sparkle only more, also Pokemon are there - SilverStarApple



Man goes to convention dressed as multiple characters at once. Man purchases a Twilight Sparkle mask. Man regrets his decision as he ends up in a Pokemon-filled Equestria as another Twilight Sparkle. And then, something unexpected... Dawns.

  • ...
116
 114
 3,030

11 - The Empress Smiles

“You know,” Dawn said with her Riolu on her back as she walked deeper into the Everfree with Fluttershy, flanked on all sides by her powerful Grass-type Pokemon. “I'm surprised you aren't scared of ghosts,” Dawn admitted.

“Of course not! Ghost Pokemon are Pokemon, too. And some of them, like Banette, are so cute!” She squeed cutely. “What kind of Ghost Pokemon would you like?”

“I want a sword guy,” Dawn decided.

“A... sword guy?” She asked.

“Yeah. You know, the sword guy that becomes two swords, and then a sword and a shield.

“Honedge?”

“I want a Honedge.” Dawn decided. “I'm gonna fuse him with something with super-awesome attack power and I'll have the best Pokemon ever. Then I'll find a nice partner for my Ralts to fuse with, too!”

Fluttershy really wasn't sure what to make of this mare. She often seemed to view her Pokemon solely as tools that had to be “The best ever” for some reason, but at the same time, she loved her Pokemon and she loved petting them, playing with them, praising them for doing a good job, and generally having a great time with them.

She felt like taking this mare home with her and showing her the life of a professional Vet and Pokemon Breeder. Getting her to cook Pokemon food and take care of all her different Pokemon would have to teach her the value of being nice to all Pokemon, not just the strong ones, right? Then again, she was pretty sure this pony would hate being on doodie duty even more than Rainbow Dash.

And something about this pony just seemed... off. Dawn seemed nice, sure, but also a bit fake. Only two things really seemed real about her: Her need for greater power, and her inability to remember who she was before she lost her memories.

Suddenly, a Shuckle appeared, distracting Fluttershy from her thoughts.

“Thunderbolt!” Dawn yelled.

“Rio... LUUU!” Raiden roared, electrocuting the stuffing out of Shuckle while still remaining on Dawn's back. Her mastery over electricity wasn't perfect by any means, but volts flew into Dawn and the Shuckle at around a thirty to seventy ratio, which was pretty good, she supposed. The volts didn't really hurt her, after all, but Raiden felt guilty about it anyway and decided to jump off her back and land in front of her.

Shuckle used Sticky Web, spewing web at the ground around an increasingly overconfident Raiden.

“Thunderbolt!” Dawn yelled.

“Rio... LUUUUUU!” Raiden roared, electrocuting Shuckle far harder, burning and charring a few spots on its body and making it scream.

“Nice, a critical hit!” Dawn cheered.

The thin-necked Pokemon lowered its head, panting softly.

“Pokeball, go!” Dawn cried, throwing her Pokeball at the new Pokemon, right in its stupid face. It stung a little, as the ball cracked open and converted the Pokemon into light, sealing the light within itself. One shake, two shakes, three shakes, and she was done.

“Yeah!” Dawn cried, grabbing the Pokeball with her magic and posing. “I got... A Shuckle!”

“That's nice,” Fluttershy said nicely.

Dawn's eyes widened. “And, I just got... an idea!”

Fluttershy seemed uncertain. “That's... nice.”

“I could catch a Honedge and evolve it into an Aegislash, and then fuse this Shuckle with that Aegislash to get insane defenses!”

“That's nice!” She said happily. It was nice to see a trainer respect defensive powerhouses, rather than the usual all-out hyper-offensive Pokemon.

“Then I could use Power Split on my opponent and equalize his great attack stats with my awful ones!”

“That's... nice.”

“Until he switched out, then his attack would return to normal. But mine would still be buffed! Unless someone made me switch out. But then I could just switch back in and do it again!”

“That's...” She thought of Dawn using that strategy on her, and struggled to keep her lunch down. “Nice,” She forced herself to say.

“Gee, I sure feel really close to you!” Dawn shouted, suddenly grabbing Fluttershy's head and pulling it closer, nuzzling it. “We both love Pokemon a lot!”

Fluttershy started to panic. “Please let go!” She begged.

Some tense, slightly ominous music started to play in Dawn’s head, and the world paused.

“Thou art I, and I am thou...” What sounded like Chamomile’s serene and detached voice echoed in Dawn’s ears.

“Whaaat?” Dawn shouted like an old lady, looking around, hoping to see her hiding behind a tree while shouting into a big coffee cup with a hole in it, connected to another cup near her with a string, or something. That’d be hilarious.

But unfortunately, she didn’t see anything, and that lack of humor made this even scarier for her.

“Thou hast established a new bond. It shall become the sword and shield that shall stand with you on your day of judgement.” Chamomile’s voice continued to echo. “With the birth of the Empress Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to victory and new power.”

Dawn’s world was consumed with blank pages flying in from all sides, and time stopped. From the middle, white pages burned black, inky tendrils of flame spreading out before filling with rainbow colour, as a black and ash-white Empress card formed in the fire’s center. The monochromatic card bore its name, “The Empress”, the number III, three, and an unsubtly wrong image. It was a monochromatic image of a fat and faceless female Earth Pony reclining lesiurely on a luxurious pile of white and pink cushions, monochromatic and small toy animals with stitched frowns crushed beneath her weight, button eyes looking absolutely miserable, their tiny plush hooves and paws sticking out as if trying to crawl out and escape. The Earth Pony mare wore a long white opened bath robe, bright pink hearts dotted here and there like a polka-dot pattern. She held a long and thin pink sword in her right hoof, the blade piercing through two pieces of bread and a massive cooked chicken, holding it all together so it could be devoured soon... But she was in no rush.

A white page with blue lines and black text that slowly wrote itself filled Dawn’s vision.


Social Link: Fluttershy

Arcana: Empress

Rank 1

Progress: You’ve unlocked the Empress confidant!

New Ability: Power of Kindness – Your Pokemon recover an additional 20 HP when medicinal items are used on them.


The pages, the flames, the boxes and new information flew out of her vision, leaving her alone with Fluttershy once again.

Dawn let Fluttershy go, and hugged her. “Sorry for being so clingy, I just really like having friends.”

Fluttershy bit back the urge to say something extremely unpleasant. “That's... nice,” She forced herself to say with considerable effort.

But now that Dawn had made her social link, she was kind of done with Fluttershy for today. Or, at least, for now. “Well, off to get that Honedge!” She said happily, and clumsily flapped herself into the air before accelerating at an absurd rate, trying to dodge through trees and frequently chipping bark off their sides.

Fluttershy blinked. No beginner, especially not a beginner with less stability in the air than a newborn foal, should ever be able to go that fast! This pony was like the airborne version of a fat blob rolling down a hill faster than sprinters could run down it. But flight didn't work that way, she was sure of it. Whatever was responsible for Pinkie's unusual abilities had to be the cause of this. That simply had to be how she was going so fa-

There was a loud thud, and Fluttershy saw far-off trees crash down in the forest. “I'm ok!” Dawn shouted.

Spreading her wings, Fluttershy shot off after her new friend, only to find her in a burned crater, sheepishly smiling upwards.

“Are you ok?” Fluttershy asked in concern.

“Yep! I got a Honedge from the Castle!” She shouted, showing off a new Pokeball, then pointing a hoof at two big Dawn-shaped holes in the castle walls.

But when she looked back to Dawn, she saw that all the light had drained from the pony's eyes. “Dawn? Are you okay?”

“Of course!” Dawn chirped happily as an odd feeling came over her, and the smile faded from her face as a strange coldness overtook her body, creeping up to her head. At first, this excited her, and she wondered what cool Social Link nonsense would happen next. Then, she felt her excitement over that fade. She felt like she was drifting further away from the world, like the world around her was becoming less real.

“This isn't enough,” She said quietly.

“Um... What?” Fluttershy asked.

Numbness overtook Dawn's body and mind, spreading out to the furthest corners of her being, until that numbness was replaced with panic. “THIS ISN'T ENOUGH!” She yelled. “I need more, I need stronger Pokemon, and quickly!”

Fluttershy stepped back in shock, and the old Fluttershy would have fled immediately. “Um... I know where you can find some very big Venipede-”

“Forget those, I need the big guns!” She yelled and teleported away, taking her Riolu with her and leaving Fluttershy alone.

She stared at the scorched ground on which Dawn Skystar was standing. “What's a 'Guns'?” She wondered.