• ...
3
 10
 896

Chapter 8: Clutz Central.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to IronCaptain19 for suggesting the name of this chapter.

Also Flan is adorable, deal with it.

Rainbow got filled on what happened while she was sleeping downstairs. She shook her head and facehoofed, “It had to be Twilight, of course,” she groaned, “she never learns, does she?”

Trixie wasn’t amused, “That’s a little hypocritical of you to say after the way you treated Trixie before.”

“Wait a minute there, Trixie,” Rainbow put up a hoof defensively, “I apologized at least. Doesn’t that count for something?”

Trixie faked an offended expression, but then opened one eye to look at Rainbow sideways, “Well, yes. That does count for something and Flan would be mad at Trixie if Trixie were to hold a grudge against you. Besides what Twilight did is dozens of times worse.”

“You’re right Trixie, but I can’t help but feel bad for her,” Starlight added sadly, but quickly changed to a more neutral tone, “don’t get me wrong, I’m angry and disappointed of her, but she’s still my friend.”

Flan looked down: she thought if maybe she overreacted earlier. A reassuring hoof was placed on her shoulder.

“Don’t feel bad Flan, we will fix all of this,” Rainbow said with an encouraging tone.

Flan looked up and gave her a smile. She nodded to herself and started to go to the door of her room.

“Where are you going?” Starlight asked with confusion.

“Uuu!” Flan said and threw an arm forward directing them to follow her.

“What? Right now?” Trixie and Rainbow said in unison.

“Wait, what did she say?” Starlight asked to the blue duo.

Flan left the room and the two blues hurried after her, Trixie faced a confused Starlight before leaving, “She wants to find Twilight.”

It took Starlight a moment to process that.

“Hey! Wait for me!”


Applejack didn’t know where Flan’s house was, so she ended up dragging Twilight all over the town.

At this point Twilight didn’t even care anymore, “Are we done yet?”

“It could be done faster if ya told me where ta find Flan’s house, Twilight,” Applejack still looked around for any clues.

“Well, I can’t do that. Because if I do, you’re going to drag me there,” Twilight explained.

“Why are ya so stubborn? Just apologize ta them. They’re our friends,” Applejack sounded rather annoyed.

Twilight took offense of that “Did you just really said that to me, Applejack?”

“It’s the truth; ya're being stubborn an' childish.”

“Oh, well then, let me ask you something,” Twilight who managed (with a lot of effort) to let her forelegs free from the rope dug her hooves into the ground, forcing Applejack to stop walking and face her, “you said ‘they’re our friends’. I assume that includes Trixie as well?”

“Ah… well…” Applejack stuttered.

“Ha! See?” Twilight pointed an accusatory hoof in Applejack’s direction, “I’m not the only one who doesn’t accept Trixie.”

Applejack huffed and averted her gaze, “So what? Ah’ wouldn’t mind being Trixie’s friend if that makes Flan happy. Why can’t ya leave that grudge of yers behind?”

“Because she’s obnoxious and annoying,” Twilight crossed her legs in protest.

Applejack raised an eye-brow, “Ya said the same thing about our new friend, but ya were the first ta befriend her, Twilight.”

Now it was Twilight’s turn to stutter.

“Oh… well… y-you know… I don’t…” Finally, she threw her hooves up in frustration, “argh! Alright, I get! I’ll apologize, ok? Can you untie me now? It’s quite uncomfortable to be like this, and the dirt on my coat is starting to itch.”

Applejack eyed her suspiciously, looking for a sign of dishonesty, her gaze diverted slightly to something behind Twilight in the distance. Closing her eyes she nodded.

“Ok, Ah’ll untie ya Twilight. Y’all will see how this was the right choice.” With her teeth, she took a hold of the knot and pulled, breaking its hold Twilight, freeing the lavender Alicorn once again. But before she could go, AJ had a question on her mind, “Tell me, why didn’t ya just teleport away when I tied ya up?”

“It flew over my head at first, but when the idea came to me I realized I was in contact with the rope, the rope was in contact with you, if I teleported I’d have dragged you with me," Twilight deadpanned.

“Can’t ya teleport only yerself?”

“That’s not how teleportation works Applejack,” Twilight, then ignited her horn, “but now I’m free, in that case… so long!”

She planned to show off by teleporting after turning around all dramatic style, but upon turning she saw two scarlet orbs staring at her soul.

“Howdy Flan!” she heard Applejack greet the chibi vampire, cheerfully.

Flan waved at her before focusing on the sweating and paralyzed Alicorn, slowly licking the tip of her thumb and index finger. Slowly she brought her hand to Twilight’s horn and pressed those fingers on it, the magic disappeared off the horn before making a hissing sound. After letting it go, the horn expelled a trail of smoke, pretty much like when you put off a candle. Then Flan pointed a finger at the ground with a stern expression. Twilight, as if it was a natural instinct, sat down, her face still frozen on indifferent shock.

Flan smiled and patted her head a few times. Spike just watched as this whole situation happened.

“I didn’t know Twilight had dog instincts,” he pointed out.

Rainbow decided to fetch a cloud for herself and got closer,

“Hey Flan what else can Twi-dog do?” she asked, barely containing her laugher.

Flan showed her chalkboard, “Try something. She would probably do it.”

“Really?” Rainbow asked getting a nod from Flan just as Trixie and Starlight finally caught up, “cool!” Rainbow tapped her chin in thought. “Let’s see if this works.” She looked at Twilight, “Twilight!” She got the attention of the inexpressive mare. “Back flip!”

Surprisingly, Twilight did a back flip.

“Oh my gosh, she really did it!” Rainbow said before falling backwards into her cloud, laughing.

“What happened to her?” Starlight asked, but everyone shrugged.

Applejack looked at Twilight critically, “Hmm…” she squinted, “down girl.”

Twilight lied down.

Trixie giggled amusingly, “Trixie has to say this is a fitting position for her to be in.”

Flan showed Trixie her chalkboard, “Don’t go overboard.”

“Rest assured Flan, Trixie would never do something like that,” Trixie tried to be reassuring.

But Flan didn’t believe that one bit; she would be ready in case something strange showed up though.

Trixie cleared her throat, “Twilight! Roll over.”

Twilight rolled once on the ground.

“Stand up.”

Twilight got up.

“Left hoof,” Trixie extended her hoof.

Twilight put her left hoof on top of Trixie’s.

“Right hoof.”

Twilight withdrew her left hoof and then put her right hoof.

“Spread wings.”

Twilight spread her wings.

“Retract wings.”

Twilight retracted them.

“Speak!”

“Books!” Twilight said.

Silence followed for a good three minutes.

“Trixie made a mistake,” she looked at Flan, “fix her please.”

Flan nodded, put one of her hands close to Twilight’s ear and then snapped her fingers, soon after Twilight shook her head rapidly a few times before looking around.

“Wha…” Her eyes focused on Flan. “GAH!”

Flan rolled her eyes.

“Sorry…” Twilight said by force of habit.

Flan sighed and showed her chalkboard, “Twilight, I’m still mad at you for what you did.”

“Flan, I’m…” Twilight tried to speak, but Rainbow landed in front of her.

“Shh! Let her finish,” Rainbow said with a frown.

Flan gave her a thankful nod and rewrote on her chalkboard, “But you’re my friend. I overreacted. I'm sorry for lashing out the way I did.”

Twilight was about to say something, but stopped herself. Flan handed her chalkboard to Rainbow, stepped in front of Twilight with open arms, and she smiled sympathetically. Twilight returned the smile and softly yet firmly she put her legs around Flan, bringing her closer to her for a hug.

“D’aww…” Everypony else said, including Rainbow and Spike.

“T-thank you Flan… I-I don’t deserve your friendship after everything I've done…” Twilight said between sobs.

Flan patted Twilight’s back in support.

After a while they broke the embrace, Flan took her chalkboard back from Rainbow and wrote something else, “There’s still one last thing you have to do Twilight.” Flan smiled brightly.

Trixie sat at Flan’s side smiling as well.

“Alright, I understand,” Twilight sighed as she faced the smug looking unicorn, “Trixie, I shouldn’t have told you the things I did…”

Trixie only nodded.

“I acted on jealously; I couldn’t accept that you were the one chosen as Flan’s foalsitter instead of me," Twilight continued, "I thought I had all the answers, I got obsessed to the point where I forgot about the most important thing…”

“And that is?” Trixie asked, her smug look dropped for a more serious one.

“Flan’s feelings,” Twilight was the only one supposed to say that, but everypony say it alongside her.

Trixie smiled, but it was sincere this time, “Good answer.” She put a hoof on Twilight’s withers. “Trixie forgives you.”

“Thank you, Trixie.”

Starlight went and gave Twilight a sideways hug, “I’m proud of you Twilight.”

Twilight was rather resilient to compliments right now though, “I should have known better, honestly. But thank you anyways.”

“You’re probably right,” Starlight started as she fired up her horn, not a second after a silly pink magician hat spawned on Twilight’s head, “you have to prepare for the show.”

“Wait, what?” Twilight was sincerely confused.

“Your punishment," Starlight said, non-chalantly, "you didn’t expect to make a scene like that and just go off with a simple apology did you?”

“Punishment? Nopony said anything about that.”

“Oh, that’s because it was my idea,” Starlight acted playfully.

Flan patted Twilight on the back with a look that said ‘Good luck, you’re gonna need it.’

“W-what is this about?” Twilight felt something off about this.

“But of course, you’re going to be Trixie’s assistant on today’s magic show,” Starlight pointed at the crowded stage in the distance, “have fun!”

Twilight’s ears dropped, “Oh, horse apples.”


The rest of the day was spent seeing Trixie performing proudly and Twilight trying to put up a show and failing. It annoyed her at first, but she started to get a kick out of it and at the end of the day, even if it was awful, she enjoyed performing for town and her friends. But Flan stole the show by popping out of a cardboard box at the center of the stage wearing fluffly ears, blushing, holding a sign with a cute heart drawn on it and finally she said, “Flan woves you!”

That was a magical moment and amazing as well, seeing hundreds of ponies hitting the ground in unison by those three simple and straightforward words was incredible.

It was a good day indeed.