• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 1,081 Views, 14 Comments

Hello! My Name Is Midnight Demon. - Taken-By-Insanity



Hello! My name is Midnight Demon and I'm what remains of three demons, as in Midnight Sparkle, Demon Sunset and Gaea Everfree. I need to get going now, school and all. Also why does everyone remember me as if I always existed even though I haven't?

  • ...
5
 14
 1,081

M.S., Midnight Sparkle, Can Do What Now?!

Me and Scootaloo stopped in front of a building that makes me think of children asylums for some reason.
(Like this but more creepy.)

There was a gate that said 'Ponyville Orphanage' on the top. Scootaloo looked happy when we saw this so I only guessed it was actually a really nice place to live in. We went through the gate and walked down the small cobblestone path to the steps of the building. Scootaloo raised an eyebrow at me when she noticed my slightly nervous face and asked, "Is there something wrong Midnight? You usually like the creepy look the place has and happy to be here after school."

"Hmm? Oh nothing, it's just that my memory is not working with me today," I said in response to what she said. Scootaloo still kept her suspicious face but nodded and entered the building with me behind her. It was rather empty, I'm guessing none of the other orphans got back from school yet. The only person other than me and Scootaloo was a pale skinned girl with purple hair in pig tails and darker purple eyes wearing...something. (I don't know how to describe the clothes)

"Hey girls welcome back! I was starting to get slightly worried since you usually are the first ones that come back from school," the woman said. Scootaloo said that we were fine, I think. I wasn't paying attention since M.S., Midnight Sparkle, and D.S., Demon Sunset, were arguing about who's goal was better again.

'How about you two shut up before I do something drastic,' I said to them in my head. I heard someone saying my name, trying to get my attention, "What? Sorry about that, my head was in the clouds."

The lady repeated, "Scootaloo said you have been having memory problems, is that true?" When I nodded she asked, "Do you remember who I am?" When I shook my head no she said, "My name is Viper Pit and I'm your caretaker and owner of the orphanage." I nodded in understanding and asked where my room is. "It's on the top floor at the last door to the left," was her answer. I thanked her and followed her directions to my room.

I passed by many open rooms, one was a small room that had the title 'Cafeteria,' another was a 'Play Room,' and there was a door that led outside to a small playground. I found the stairs and went up until there was no more stairs to go up. I went down the hallway and turned to the last door on the left, which looked like a normal dark wood door like all the others I passed.

I entered the door and found the room to have plain black walls with a bed against the wall with a nature, fire, and technology theme, a red dresser to the right of the door, a wardrobe to the left of the door, a bookshelf filled with books both fiction and non-fiction, and a balcony with a very small garden of flowers growing on the railing. I set my backpack next to the bed and changed to a different clothes before going to the balcony to see the front yard of the orphanage. I was now wearing a black shirt with a mirror that has fire, a flower, and sparkling dust in it's reflection and black pants.

I saw some other children walking to the gate with Sunset Shimmer leading them. I waved and they all waved back. I noticed the flowers are a little limp so I take the water can next to it and poured some water on the flowers to help them recover from so long without it. "Hey Midnight!" Sunset yelled from below my balcony. I looked over after putting the water can down and she asked, "Would you like to hang out with me and my friends?" I nodded and left her sight.

I went back in my room and took my sunglasses and headphones from my backpack along with a small speaker that was on my dresser, I then went downstairs and exited the building to follow Sunset. We walked through the gate and went to the right and passed the school after a few minutes. Sunset was tired of the silence, at least I think, and said, "So how has your day been so far?"

"It's been a little confusing since I'm having some memory problems," was my response.

She rose an eyebrow and said, "Really?" I nodded and she said, "What have you been forgetting exactly?"

"A lot of things, yesterday I had complete amnesia for a few hours. Then I started getting some memories back but there are still a lot of holes," I explained to her. She did a 'yikes' at that and she said she felt sorry.

'The real me would be laughing at this,' D.S. complained.

'Shut it Sunset! I'm trying to figure out how to force my magic to work in the real world,' M.S. yelled at D.S. I didn't pay any mind to that since I doubt M.S. could do that.

I was bored and decided to do some cartwheels and some flips to try and entertain myself, I was still bored but not as much. Sunset was slightly surprised at me doing this so casually. I stopped when we came upon the actual town since I don't want to hit people by accident. We stopped at a small cafe called Sugarcube Corner and entered to find six girls, they were all part of the band, calling us over. D.S. was seething in rage just by the sight of them.

"My goodness Midnight! Why must you wear something so bland?" the white skinned girl said in horror thanks to my choice of clothing and fashion.

"Because I don't really care about my looks unless it was really bad like in the morning without my hot chocolate...you don't want to know," was my answer to Rarity's question about my fashion choice. The pink girl asked what we all wanted. I wanted a chocolate milkshake, the cyan girl wanted a soda, the white girl [Message From Author: That sounds racist, it's not meant to be.] wanted some iced tea, the orange girl wanted apple juice, the yellow girl wanted lemonade, Twilight wanted a vanilla milkshake, and Sunset wanted orange juice.

When we got all our drinks and Pinkie getting herself a cookies and cream milkshake a purple rift seemed to open above us. 'It took forever but I did it!' M.S. shouted in cheer. I vine came out of the rift and grabbed us, along with our drinks, and pulled us through as if we were made of paper!


It was slightly painful and nauseating but when I opened my eyes I saw hooves instead of my hands. Of course I freaked out and more when I noticed I had HOLES in my appendages, legs and weird insect wings along with a horn, but at least I still have my color scheme. After my freak out I noticed others kinda similar to me freaking out as well, the only difference is that none of them had insect wings, most of them didn't even have wings.

The only one not freaking out was a being like the rest of us with just a horn and has same color scheme as Sunset. In fact she was only slightly freaked out by me of all of us, but I am the most odd looking so I'm not that surprised. The unicorn yelled out, "Pull yourselves together!" That made everyone stop what they were doing and listen. "Now then. We seem to be in the Everfree Forest in Equestria and unlike our Everfree this one is really dangerous so please continue your freak out when we are out of here." Yep that's Sunset.

We all got up and, after getting the hang of walking, started looking for a way out together.