• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 10,339 Views, 2,117 Comments

Airship Mauled - Darkonshadows



We crash landed on a goddess. Welcome to Airship Mauled, where everything could possibly be worse.

  • ...
41
 2,117
 10,339

PreviousChapters Next
Grand Epilogue, A New Era: And…

Author's Note:

Done, final thoughts about this mess called a story?

(Music- New Super Marisa Land- Overworld Theme)

(Magical Alchemy List Modified???)

THE END.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-Some time into the future, late at night, Jade-

“Is that a new star in the sky?” It seemed very bright up there. “Huh, I wonder where that came from. I guess it’s been a long time since I looked up to the stars and did some star gazing, I guess that one came into existence when I wasn’t looking. Ah well, time for bed!”

-The next morning-

“Mom, Momma, Mommies, get up! Paprika is getting the parade floats together and Speedy is already practicing!” Hearing the rambunctious voices of Silvers, I sat up groaning and saw that Maries was already up. Fizzle was still out of it and carefully cradling our newest foal, a little colt she gave birth to, named Calm Lights La Perm.

Calm Light yawned loudly and opened his eyes, he had his mother’s eyes and fur color, but my hair color for a mane and tail. His ears were also vaguely like a cats and his temperament matches his namesake, he was a good little foal.

Fizzy just basically named him the opposite of Tempest Shadows, I called her out on it and we had a spat. It was still the name of our little colt though.

“Okay, okay, Silvers, they aren’t going to start the parade without us, calm down!” Our little bundle of heck and a half was old enough to talk and they were as smart as Maries was, if not that then smarter. “Go on and get washed up for breakfast little wonders. Paprika and Speedy just want to go over the music we’re going to be playing today during the parade.”

“Are you going to Brush Silver’s mane mom?” Why they always wanted me to do it when Fizzy was better at it, I’ll never know. Silver was giving me pleading eyes with Silvia and I sighed audibly.

“Of course our little wonders, now go!” They were a big momma’s girl, then again they had five mothers so it’s fairly understandable. It was more specific that they liked me because I’m the designated ‘fun’ one.

That and they could fly now, I watched them do so as they zipped out of our room. There was no end to the headaches we got when they learned to do that from watching their cousin Gavin fly around. Silvon giving a shout of joy that overcame her sisters shouts just on the merits of the being the dragon headed tail.

I groaned and dragged my hand over my face, I was still somewhat wiped after defeating a hydra with a fishing pole in the last few days. I felt Fizzy kiss me on the cheek before I could scoot out of bed, she started to feed our hungry foal and smiled at me with adoration.

A smile of which I returned immediately with a kiss to the tip of her nose that made her snort.

-Outside, an hour later, Silvers-

Oh this was going to be so amazing, we’ve seen a parade in Ponyville and now we’re going to have one here!

We were so excited!

We came in for a landing on one of the airship shaped homes to watch as Paprika and Speedy Sax practiced.

Paprika started playing the pan flute and Speedy Sax started playing in tune with her, the pukwudgie on the drums was quite good too. We’re not ever going to make peace with them, but we knew that we could be friends with them on nice occasions.

Today was one of those days that we have an official cease fire from the malicious mutant hedgehogs with no relation to Uncle Grubber whatsoever. Mom did something diplomatic, which somehow involved burning down half a forest. We’re not sure what mom’s real job really was, just that she was really cool.

Paprika danced and pranced around on her hind hooves and spun as she played her upbeat tune merrily. Aunt Paprika was awesome and she always gave great fluffy hugs!

“Meep!” A bright brown furred cria named Pesto Paca called out and waved at us. With her was a cute reindeer that somewhat resembled a cow slightly, minus the udders, named Chiffon.

They were our cousins and Pesto was basically our best friend.

Pesto made several gestures to tell us to watch her cuddle happy mother go to town on that pan flute.

“I can admit that our wild mother has some talent for the pan flute… but enough about that, don’t I look simply sparkling today?” Yes, Chiffon, we know you were always trying to outdo your mothers in the floof care department, but it’s getting kind of ridiculous. “Beauty like this takes time or so mother Velvet tells me.”

Nobody could beat the same magnitude of fluffy that Paprika had, it might have been our imaginations that she was only getting fluffier as the years went by. Also she seemed to be eternally young, as did Arizona and Velvet. There were a lot of weird and odd things going on in Airship Mauled all the time, so it wasn’t anything new.

Chiffon had white fur, short horns that were a mixture of her mothers and an impossibly thick blonde floof on her chest.

Both our cousins had bright purple eyes like their alpaca mother and our awesome aunt, Paprika ‘the demon’ Paca. They still couldn’t do the weird heart thing with their pupils, but it’s said to be a trait specific to alpaca when it comes to finding love.

Don’t honestly know why Paprika is called a demon though, maybe it’s the pan flute playing? She’s really a demon at that so far. Speedy was really good with that saxophone too.

-Parade Time-

“Hey everyone come on now, and here we go~!” Our fun mom sang as she twirled the baton and took a lead of the parade being followed by a restaurant styled float. She was right the parade couldn’t have possibly started without her. “We wander to and fro from all over the place, to here and there we tend to go to see things with a fresh new face, but nothing will ever beat the heartwarming welcome of our cozy little home, oh don’t you know~!”

“I’d really hate to say that your wrong, especially in the quick pace of this starting song~.” Our stern mom joined in, but she still pretty fun when no one was watching. “But I’d rather agree and will just be willing to leave it be, and would really just like to say wait and see~.”

“We are all coming, together, to celebrate this great and grandest of days~.” Our mommies crooned as ones.

“When all our paths crossed, and we met our significant others in very many unique ways~.” Our fun mom sang as she danced and twirled the baton.

“To say that we love you. We all were quite bitten, smitten and ready to start committing, so it’s easy to say~…” Maries followed.

“That today is going to be quite a grand day~. And how~!” All our moms sang together, as they moved closer to each other.

“Oh dang it Arizona, don’t you dare trip now, we’re trying to have a moment you stupid boorish cow~!” Velvet sang out as she marched in step with everyone. Paprika just smiled and continue to play her pan flute.

“Says the reindeer with a stick shove so far up where the sun doesn’t shine, it makes me wonder if you’d like some cheese to go with that horrible whine~!” Arizona sang back with nothing but contempt and love for Velvet, we did not get their relationship in the slightest.

The fighting ring float was appropriate for those two at least.

“Can you two please stop bickering, we’re all trying to have a parade here~!” Our fun mom sang back at them.

The march of everyone continued on in pace, we took to the air to see all the floats beneath us. The next one was the Viking float.

“We wander to and fro from all over the place~!” Flamberge sang from behind us with a quiet kitsune watching proudly raise his sword to the sky, behind them were Fortitude and Skelly. A few of their little kits were playing around on the float.

“To here and there we’ll always like to meet a new face~.” Fortitude sang from where he sat next to Skelly. A normal, completely average looking, filly sat with them with a small Viking helmet on her head. Aside from the dark brown fur, Femur kind of resembled her mother.

“Nothing will ever quite the match that of a port, that we would all like to call a home of a sort~.” Gene sang while holding a grinning Gavin who looked up to us and waved. We waved a paw right back at him.

Jacky was given a fifteen foot clearance zone between that float and the next one, she and everyone else ducked under a tree that was, as usual, not anywhere close to being native to the region that went bouncing off towards Barely Bearable Woods.

“Today is a pretty nice day for me, especially when I can avoid being hit with another literal family tree~!” Jacky sang while looking around warily, Aunt Jacky wasn’t very lucky. “Not like I can actually avoid ‘absolutely’ everything that this day will have in store for me~.”

“I remember, that bar in Abyssinia, on the day that we both lovingly met~.” Grandma sang, she sounded sad. She was likely going to sing about grandpa.

“I’m sure he’d be happy, maybe quite sappy, with how things turned around for you I bet~.” Our fun mom sang as back to our smiling grandma.

“I’m sure your father wishes he could be here too~.” Our grandma sang in a sad tone. “Not like we’ll know for sure, but things will continue to go forward on to just another day anew~.”

“We both miss him, but we are never alone now it’s true~!” They sang together, grandma Blade flew into give grandma a quick snuggle and a simple peck on the cheek with a goofy smile. Blade’s long white hair flowed behind her as she flew off to continue performing low speed aerial tricks for the crowd.

“I don’t know what to say about you, but I would like to get in a kiss with my husband or two~.” Flotsam sang from the next float back where she was snuggled up against Wheel Twist. It was in the shape of a dinghy.

“I can certainly oblige you Sammy, just don’t give me far more pain and another super long term stomach whammy~.” Wheel Twist sang back as he nuzzled his wife and held his sea pony daughter named Jetsam.

Laughter broke out throughout the crowd.

“Would you please stop snickering, we’re all trying to have a parade here~!” Mom yelled loudly, despite being one the ones to be laughing the loudest.

“We wander to and fro from all over the place~.” Looking to the next float we saw Oleander singing on a volcano themed float, we think it was supposed to represent Huoshan.

“TO HERE AND THERE I will never tire of seeing your positively lovely face~.” Fred scared me a lot, did he really have to do the demon voice thing?

“Nothing will quite match the majesty of a good home, especially after you go so far for a roam~!” It seems Pom was braver than usual today as she snuggled up against Tianhuo.

I’d be brave too if I was surrounded by fifty powerful familiars… and still rising… It’s like a she’s a goddess of canines or something.

Silvon mentally brought up the fact that maybe only some of them were Pom’s familiars, it was more likely the rather successful canine unit was here to represent Huoshan.

“I miss Huoshan even now, but I still like to visit my friends one of which is an impossibly strong cow~!” Tianhuo sang pretty well and softly as she leaned against Pom and fire ignited around them in the shape of heart. “Not like we can get better food anywhere else, we’re always welcome in Airship Mauled~. Now I will take my bow~.”

Tianhuo was always so formal, like stern mom.

“With as much love as we have for this one single place~.” Crazy Aunt Savvy sang, she was leaning up against Brenda back to back and clasping one of her paws. The Diamond Dog and Abyssinian duo were both wearing nice dresses.

“Oh wait, don’t tell me, did you’d just be-spell me, with some special lingerie lace~?” Brenda smiled and covered her mouth as she blushed and looked away from Crazy Aunt Savvy.

“Maybe I can remove my clothes to show you~.” Savvy sang as she turned her head to look in Brenda’s eyes. “I know you, there’s just some things you can’t resist and now to show you how much we’ve missed~. Love… let’s just show them how we kiss-~!”

Savanna and Brenda were deep in each other face and I looked away, it was like they were trying to eat each other and were really hungry. Discord popped up and put a circular shower curtain around the two.

“Okay, that’s definitely enough of that, so stop paying attention to the rather infamous local dog and cat~!” Discord sang as he cuddled a smiling Fluttershy against his chest. “There’s nothing to see here, so none of that, it’s almost like we’re trying to keep a somewhat PG rating after the fact~!”

“Welcome to Airship Mauled, we’re all quite insane to live here~!” Our fun mom sang loudly with everyone else at once. It seems that was the ending of the singing as mom continued to march play with her baton.

The mariachi changelings were on the next float with Mrs. Sorex who was our sitter every once in a while. They played at some of our birthday parties, their float was festive and themed to their band.

The next float had Teatime Clockwork on a destroyed airship looking float, he was grumbling a lot and while the rest of the quarrelsome quartet waved to the crowd. They were the friendly enemies of our mothers, apparently mom likes to golf with Clockwork.

Don’t know why mom was so amiable with someone that was trying to kill her or Aunt Jacky, but the words ‘punch-clock’ come up a lot and I don’t think they are referencing Aunt Zone literally ‘making time fly through the nearest wall’ when they talk about that.

We saw Fresh Starts float as she waved to everyone with Dr. Permanganate. Behind them was Wary Berry and Mango Refreshment. The fact that Wary fell in love with a fruit farmer when she hates fruits so much gave us hope for the future, that and Wary was fun mom’s mortal nemesis or something.

Oh Sekhet was looking pretty today with her dress and bright smile, as was her sister Baast, along with Celestia and Luna waving to the crowd as the float that looked like a bunch of clouds slowly passed by.

Apparently Celestia and Luna liked doing small time celebrity deals since they retired from ruling the country, though what were they going to do with all that fish jerky?

“Coo!” The next float had us blinking as Snickers was driving the large contraption while chirping merrily with Sugar sleeping on it along with several other familiars including Angel, Gummy and Philomena.

Should Snickers really be operating that vehicle? Also who did the mole belong to?

The next float had Cadence and a grumpy looking Shining with binoculars focused entirely on our mom as she danced and the lead of the parade with her baton. We looked at Cadence and she shrugged at us with a friendly smile.

The next float was curious, given it had a party theme to it. Briny Depths, Autumn Blaze, Pinkie Pie, Cheese Sandwich and even Ponyacci were goofing around.

What followed was the first interspecies friendship graduates. Ocellus and Smolder were wearing doing synchronized moves in cheerleader outfits. Gallus and Silver Stream were circling around the float. Yona and Sandbar were sitting still, probably didn’t want Yona to smash the float.

There was Mount Aris representation as the hippogriffs float passed by with Queen Nova.

Ponville and Canterlot’s float were both small scale models on the same float.

We think the best float was Linked Hearts float, it looked like a castle and it was covered in shiny red, green and blue jewels. Apparently he was an acolyte of Epona, the Earth Pony goddess of Courage, Companionship and Heroics.

The next float looked like a disaster zone of bicycle parts and looked like a destroyed street, apparently it was Neighpon’s float. Ryu, Ducky and Silk snuggled together while Dodgy was using several ninja as a chair and a table. That Diamond Dog was just made of pure awesome, I wonder how Sweetcakes knows him?

Nobody ever really tells us anything about what Ryu or Dodgy actually do for jobs, but we’re pretty sure it’s something awesome given that they have ninjas with them.

The next float consisted of an angry Spitfire tied up in a barrel with Rainbow Dash driving the float.

After that it was Eir, Ragna and Gallant, altogether on the Turtle Toga float that looked like a giant turtle.

“How many floats are in this parade?” Silvia asked while tilting her head and flicking her ears, she was trying really hard to ignore the Haven’s Patch float because Veles was always a bit hard to look at.

“As many as it needs I guess.” Answered Silver as she flipped her mane, we should probably start putting it up in a ponytail.

Grace, Maggie and Calloway sat together laughing merrily, until Maggie stuck a stick of dynamite in the corner of her mouth and Calloway just groaned loudly.

“There are a lot of good artists around here today.” Silvon would the artsy one out of the three of us. The Apple Family float was generically enough a giant apple. “Then again some of them are a bit… boring.”

“You’re it Silvers!” We were suddenly tagged by Gavin, we decided to immediately give chase.

-Later, The Witch’s Fare, Silvers-

The parade was fun and vibrant, afterwards we played games with a lot of the other children and dinner was grandma’s potato stew.

It was our favorite, I think we got our taste buds from fun mom. Said mom was just about done telling us a story about the strange and dangerous place known as Klugetown.

“So that’s the story of why Mrs. Sorex is married to a changeling and travels with a mariachi band called the Shapeshifting Fiesta.” Mom leaned down and kissed us each on the forehead and we curled up in bed with smiles. “We’ll always make time for you Silvers.”

“We.” Silver said first.

“Love you.” Followed Silvia.

“Mom.” Finished Silvon as she cuddled us.

“I love all of you too, so does Fizzy and Maries, no matter what you may think of us when we’re stern… we will always love you and we have our reasons for it.” Our eyes started to slowly slide shut after such a wonderful day. “We just want you to be safe our little wonders.”

-Ever burning fire, Jade-

I sat down and looked up at the stars in the sky again.

I was soon joined by Fizzy, who had put Calm Lights to bed.

Maries soon followed and came out to sit with us.

“Is that star new or is it just me?” I pointed out the one I saw the other night.

“Huh, I’ve never seen that star before...” Was all Fizzy had to say about it? It’s a little conspicuous really.

“We concur, that’s definitely a star that wasn’t there before in the night sky.” Maries said as they looked at it too.

“We live all in a magical world don’t we?” I asked without thinking.

“We sure do Jade.” Fizzy and Maries started to cuddle up against me.

“So about that list of things I’ve done… the one about me that you put up…” I started to say.

“We’re not taking it down Jade, for everyone’s benefit. It is not a suggestion for fun times and we’re certain that none of those things are ever going to be repeated… ever… UNDERSTAND?” Fizzy growled into my ear. “Don’t make us couch you Jade.”

“Oh certainly.” I gave her my best grin. “No promises if you’re in danger though.”

“That grin is so fake and you know it Jade.” Growled out Mara before she chuckled.

“What is it going to be this time Jade?” As soon as Maria asked that Twilight Sparkle came down to land before us.

“Please tell us you didn’t do anything recently?” Lamented Marie upon seeing Twilight.

“No, she hasn’t done anything and I’m here to personally thank you for saving Luster Dawn from that hydra… though I’m sure you could have used a better method than a fishing pole to take it down.” Twilight had a flowing mane and was a full sized alicorn now.

“If you’re not here because of Jaded’s shenanigans… then what are you here for Twilight?” Tilting her head Fizzy protectively clutched at me. “You’re not taking our annoying kitty from us are you?”

“No, I wouldn’t dream of it.” Twilight smiled brightly at us. “Though there is something I need Jade’s help with…”

“Oh, here we go, what is it this time Twilight?” A snippy Fizzy asked and she pressed her muzzle into my neck.

“It’s nothing too bad, just a little problem…” The stares Twilight received made her wince. “Okay, so the last time I said that Manehatten was attacked by a massive slime monster and we found out Liberty was fully alive. That she didn’t need the Animating Album is still somewhat concerning, but hear me out, it won’t get that bad this time!”

“Twilight, its Jaded ‘freaking’ Bloody Berrytwist La Perm we’re talking about here…” Yeah, Fizzy just had to go and use my full name, because shenanigans were a paw.

“And we’re married to that!” Maries added afterwards while pointing to me.

“Hey-…~” I whined pitiably while folding my ears back.

“Chances are if you’re coming to her, it is going end up being something very noticeable, destructive and loud beyond all reason.” Oh Fizzy, you know me so well.

“Do you remember that thing that happened the last time you were up in Canterlot?” We all groaned as we knew exactly where this was going and what Twilight was going ask.

“I am Fortitude, the Fantastically Fragrant!” Fortitude really spooked us when he popped up out of nowhere to yell that, then he ran off.

“Quick, tell me if it’s midnight!” There was a bit of excitement on Fizzy’s face.

“Not yet.” Grumbled Twilight who reached into her mane and pulled out a bit bag.

“Did you just do a Pinkie?” I asked clearly amazed.

“I’m trying not to think about it too hard Jade.” Stated Twilight in a calm tone.

“I told you he couldn’t go twenty four hours without saying it, pay up!” Fizzy started to laugh maniacally as we silently passed three bit pouches to her.

Twilight didn’t comment on the fact that she paid Fizzy as well.

“So… how do you want us to destroy the entirety of the Equestria Education Association so you can rebuild it from the ground up?” I asked politely. “I mean of all the holdouts, the education department has got to be the dumbest one even if Neighsay did eventually come around and is actively trying to help.”

“’Destroy’ is kind of a strong word for it…” Twilight started tapping her hooves together looking away nervously.

“Well you did come to me, expect at least some destruction and insanity as a bare minimum.” My smile was a few thousand watts bright, I had something to plan for in the morning. “Also stop getting your hopes up that we can actually avoid collateral damage, nobody called out any of the crazy stuff your friends did. I mean, who exactly paid for it when Rainbow destroyed that weather factory that one time?”

“Fine, but please try to at least pretend that you can be gentle.” After she agreed we all gave Twilight Sparkle a hug, because the ruling ‘Princess of Friendship’ always needed reminders that she had friends all over the place.

“No promises.” Fizzy answered before I could say it.

“Darn it Fizzy, I wanted to say that!” I loudly snapped one of my claws because she beat me to it.

“Why do I keep coming to you with my problems again?” Twilight groaned out while double face hoofing.

PreviousChapters Next