• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 10,339 Views, 2,117 Comments

Airship Mauled - Darkonshadows



We crash landed on a goddess. Welcome to Airship Mauled, where everything could possibly be worse.

  • ...
41
 2,117
 10,339

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy One, GODLESS GODDESS: Alt.

Author's Note:

Music- Save Them Dissidia Ver.

I think I might be procrastinating, mostly because I might fear actually finishing this story. Call it anxiety if you will. Four Chapters left and this is the climax boss fight.

Also I finished Pokémon Shield, though I still have a few more to catch.

I chose the music for the opening build up.

Yes, I'm still healthy.

-Manehatten, Shopping District, 10:15 PM, Jade-

“You?!” I couldn’t keep the disbelief out of my voice, the large mechanical pony shaped vehicle now stood over me protectively after knocking Stochastic back from almost plowing her hoof through my skull.

“Why of course, I loathe to have been working below a mare all this time without at least some form of recompense.” Teatime Clockwork was actually helping me? “I had thought a stallion was behind the whole GODLESS thing, but it seems I was sadly wrong. Let us hold her off for the time being, you get rest. I will be a stallion of some worth and note in a world run entirely by mares!”

A malicious treasure hunter that was in it for the recognition was saving me, I had no idea how to feel about this or his motivations for coming to my aid.

Wait, did he say ‘us’ as in…?

“Welcome to the battle for we’ll all be flocking, because nobody gets the drop on you like Jock Hawk when he comes knocking~!” A bulky parrot dropped from the sky to stomp on the alicorn’s spine. He promptly kicked off of her and she stumbled a bit.

What exactly was Stochastic currently made of to still be going with as many injuries as she had?! Did I seriously make her that mad or is this her running on pure spite now?

Stochastic went for the parrot and she was hit by a crescent beam of light, it dug into her chest and sent her skidding down the street with explosive force.

“We shall prove to still be standing after this battle my comrades!” Dispel Grace, in all his gaudily armored glory. I thought he was unlikely to help me considering how much I shook the jar with him in it for the fun of it.

Stochastic growled and charged for him now.

“This might prove to be a good enough fight… for me!” Shocking Awe slammed down onto Stochastic’s flank, he clamped onto her and unleashed a massive amount of lightning from his body. “Here, let me share a billion volt hug with you to get you all warm and fuzzy!”

Stochastic screamed and convulsed, eventually she managed to slap him off of her scorched backside with her half working right wing. Afterwards he body seemed to lock up, Shocking actually managed paralyze her.

“You better make this a fight worth coming to!” Shocking Awe was as described, bloodlust incarnate when it came to finding good fights. He was hovering in the air and his hooves were crackling with lightning.

Teatime’s machine stalked forward while Stochastic was paralyzed and raised back its right hoof, he slammed it forward. It had a built in pile bunker that erupted at the point of impact putting Stochastic through a building in the distance.

“You are not going to defeat my rival’s friends and family, because that’s my job!” Teatime seemed rather indignant about this. Did the unicorn even recognize the fairly large conflict of interest here? “Now if only I could remember her name. Bah, all that matters in the end is that she definitely remembers mine!”

He really couldn’t remember Jacky’s name? I sighed audibly and hugged myself. I’d seriously think he’d be able to remember Jacky by now, I mean my sister split his airship in half with a drill by accident. How in the world was that not memorable enough for him to remember her name!

Still, it felt nice to be saved by a bunch of fellows with questionable ethics or life choices. A pulse flowed through the buildings, but it was coming from my…

I threw myself to the ground and Teatime’s machine went tumbling over me and away with the sound of a hoof smashing into the left side of his machine.

It tore through the front of a familiar looking clothing store where it came to a stop with an imprint of a hoof in it, I was already up and moving away from Stochastic.

While the machine slowly started to roll itself into a standing position, an alicorn with a lit horn was already leaping for me. She was almost ignoring everything else to get at me, almost being the key word here.

I felt a hand wrapped around my right shoulder and toss me away before the alicorn could blast me with her horn. After I rolled I looked back at the damaged street and saw Jock staring at the alicorn with his beak set firmly, his arms were crossed and he was standing at the edge of a crater looking completely unimpressed with her.

Jock started forward and I got up to move behind Dispel who was building up energy in his bulky zweihander.

I watched as Stochastic did something she hadn’t been doing the last few times I saw her, she actually dodged around a sphere of lightning launched from behind at her by Shocking.

She actually dodged, the fact that she might be actually using her brain was concerning. Only Jock caught the ball of lightning and physically slapped it against her head as it turned back towards me.

I hadn’t even seen Dispel move and looked up to see him coming down with his sword in an attempt to cleave Stochastic in half after she was knocked onto her side.

Rolling onto her back the alicorn caught the glowing blade between her hooves. Her left rear hoof smashed upwards into Dispel’s armored barrel, thus launching him onto a nearby building still clinging to his sword.

I took this as my cue to leave.

-Jock-

“She’s running.” I muttered grumpily crossing my arms as the cat skated away, while Shocking took the alicorn on one on one. The boss was awesome in how he struck out at the alicorn fiercely.

“As she should be, let’s give her all the time we can.” Teatime had his machine moving forward, there was no longer an imprint on the side. “She obviously still has some kind of plan in motion and I want to see it fully come to fruition, we’ll vacate the area once we’re done seeing what the cat has in mind to ultimately deal with this problem she dragged us into.”

“Technically, you dragged us into this, we could have sat on the sidelines doing nothing.” My commentary didn’t warrant a response apparently.

I heard Shocking grunt and saw a large cut carve across his left side by the alicorn’s horn, it’s time to help my stallion out. I jumped onto a light pole, pulled myself up on it and then leapt for the alicorn’s back.

I came down on her barrel and wrapped my arms around her, I noticed Dispel was still getting his bearing from being rattled around in his armor on the nearby rooftop. He was almost ready for another go and I had to give Shocking time to back off. You have to give the tiny guy his due, Dispel had guts.

Once I had a good grip on her rear half I held the alicorn in place and nodded to my partner, Shocking broke off to build up some power and I lifted the struggling alicorn bodily into the air.

“Get ready for us all to take a pound, because I’m going to personally take mine by ramming you into the ground~!” Crouching down slightly, I jumped as high I could. We spiraled upwards and flipped to come back down spiraling even harder.

I drove the mare’s horn, skull and the front half of her body straight into the street. Landing next to her rear end, I smirked proudly.

There that should keep her for a… I received a pair of hooves, one to the face and one in my chest.

Might have blacked out there for a minute, because when I opened my eyes again she had already ripped herself out the ground. She was currently attacking Dispel and I watched as he slammed the full weight of his sword into her horn.

Do I have a hoof imprint in my chest? Yeah, that’s going to hurt for a while.

She blasted Dispel point blank and I spied a crack in the horn near the base. Dispel’s armor was intact, but the shockwave from the blast had to hurt as it sent him bouncing up the street. I saw that small crack before so I know Dispel didn’t cause that, though it seemed both of our attacks just made the damage there a bit worse.

The leader of GODLESS was in quite a bit of pain from just using her cracked horn. Speaking of cracked, I rubbed at my poor beak. I pushed myself into a standing position, Teatime was taking the front now.

The back of Teatime’s machine lifted upwards and it fired several small cannonballs. After hitting and sticking to the alicorn, those sphere’s turned out to be several filly sized pony golems, they were stabbing at her and crawling around on her body.

I started to move in as did Teatime while she was busy tearing them off of herself violently with her hooves and her half functional right wing.

Looking to the slightly stormy sky, I could see Shocking was halfway finished into building up a massive orb of lightning, he was going for his ultimate attack. I was ready to assist him in making sure the alicorn got hit.

Teatime’s machine didn’t have speed, but it had durability as it got in front of the alicorn and then put up its hooves to start taking a pounding from the angry alicorn. Carefully watching for a moment to intervene as I moved off to the right a bit, I decided to rush in and punch at one of her kidneys.

Something happened, it was like she sped up or something, or were we all slowing down? She wrapped her hoof around my wrist and imbedded me back first into the street, she followed that up by dodging a pile bunker blow from Teatime’s machine aimed for her burned head.

She moved forward and thrust her right hoof against the extended weapon, which went back into the machines with destructive force. Something was smoking afterwards and it didn’t look good for Teatime. He immediately went back on the defensive as she pummeled her hooves against the metal of his machine and left deepening dents with every hit.

“I can’t use the hoof weapons anymore she’s damaged the legs too much and I only have three support type golems left. Note to self, work on support golem storage…” Speaking of golems, Teatime fired one onto the mare’s back and it started hacking away at her right wing taking her attention of his machine. The little golem was destroyed a second later when she got her left hoof on it and ripped off her back and crushed it under that hoof. “Make that two more, we can’t hold out much longer. I might need to prepare one of my exit strategies early, if I have to fire my special weapon then I will have to sadly tap out.”

“You leave us behind and we’ll be quite pissed about it Teatime!” I turned my sight to the sky and saw that Shocking was almost done. Of course I had to get up and keep going, why wouldn’t I? I pushed myself into a sitting position and then quickly laid back down as a crescent beam ripped off the rest of her mangled right wing and ripped into her withers.

The mangled alicorn immediately turned around and used the back of her left hoof to knock the sword out of the way of hitting her. She then thrust it forward and destroyed the helmet with a single solid hit, thankfully that’s not where Dispel currently was in the armor.

The armor with the glowing energy in the shape of a pony’s head tried to move only for the alicorn to fire beam through the central torso evaporating it. The alicorn was in agony from this, but Dispel couldn’t take much more armor loss without being found give his energy form was still going he was in one of his armors legs.

She hopped forward and stomped down on the two front remaining bits of armor and then Dispel started to retreat with, she wasn’t going to give him a chance when she suddenly stop and seemed to speed up again.

Her right hoof went up grabbed Teatime’s next golem before it could strike her and threw it back into the head of the golem, then grabbed the machine’s right hoof trying to punch at her without its weapon and flipped the entire thing onto its back. Thankfully I had already exited my crater, before an even bigger crater was formed there and the machine took a massive amount of damage.

“Darn it, I knew it! She has the rare ability of earth pony foresight!” As Teatime was yelling this, I engaged to try and grapple her. I hit her across the face with a mean right hook and then threw an upper cut into her jaw to stagger her slightly. “She’s taking us apart, where’s Shocking with that attack of his?!”

“Clear the area, Jock grab her now!” I followed my boss’s orders and pressed my chest against hers and forced her into a painful bear hug, she flailed her head to smack me in the face several times with her horn.

Shock nearly didn’t throw his orb as he was struck by a powerful beam of magic, the glowing Dispel with his rear hoof bits of armor started heading in the direction of Shocking to go retrieve him leaving me to hold onto the alicorn.

I was too close for her horn to cut me and the sphere of raw energy was about to impact us, he rear legs slammed into my legs and crotch. She was increasing her struggle, then Teatime’s machine hugged the both of us.

“Come on!” Teatime open his window, I released my right talons grip and reached up to grab his hoof. “Activate self-destruct sequence and escape plan Gamma!”

With a blink we were half a mile away as one large explosion went off, then it was followed second later by a massive one of raw energy.

“Do you… do you think that did it?” I asked before my injuries caught up with me and I coughed a wad of blood onto the street. A pulse went throughout the city.

“No… I don’t believe it did…” Were the last words I heard from Teatime as I felt his magic lift me up.

-Near Rally Point, 10:45 PM, Jade-

The pulse sent throughout the city made my pulse quicken, no… please don’t tell me she managed to escape a blast that powerful.

Stochastic appeared in front of me from out of nowhere and before I knew it her magic was wrapped around my throat and choking me, she was squeezing my throat as hard as she could and I could feel the magic working to take my head off.

A powerful blast of magic smashed her in the right side of her head knocking her over and Fizzy trotted forward with an angry look on her face.

“You will keep your magic off of my cat or so help me...” Well Fizzy was radiating anger, I wouldn't point out that we weren't married yet. The other cat was Mara of the Maries Triumvirate, which are not solely feline. “I will be the one to absolutely break you!”

PreviousChapters Next