• Published 22nd Mar 2018
  • 832 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Girls : Tale of the Silver Pen - nicojaller



Take two guys, put them in a all-girl school, put your fantasies aside. What do you get ? Probably a less dreamy scenario than you'd think.

  • ...
3
 7
 832

Friendly and Unfriendly Encounters

(Silver's POV)

- '' Okay, so you're telling me that not only did she defied you in athletism, but she bested you ? ''

- '' Yeah, she's just that awesome, man ! ''

I see him winking at the girl, who grins proudly. I shake my head, for one, I never thought he would recognize defeat, that was an unusual sight, second, that he would take defeat so well. If I remember well, that girl was in the team that destroyed us in soccer. I watched that game, I was in the stand, I was not that much interested in the game itself, I find it pretty boring to watch to be honest, but I wanted to be here to cheer for Solace. It was a painful evening to say the least. Seeing these two getting along so well was a bit weird to me, but oh well, that was expected from him. He gets along with everyone.

After that, while we are waiting for Twilight and the other girls, I tell him basically what happened in my class. While I tell the story, I see a grin appearing on his face.

- '' Dude, that is a great first step ! You see, it's not that hard to talk to girls ! ''

- '' ... I guess ? I mean, it's not like I had any choice in the matter... ''

He takes me by the shoulder and shakes me.

- '' CHEER UP ! Seriously, don't go emo on me, look at the positives, did you enjoy talking to her ? ''

- '' ...Yes...''

The more questions he asked, the closer he gets from my face. He has a serious look on his face, you don't know how rare that is. He seemed seriously exasperated.

- '' Did you die spending time with her ? ''

- '' No, in fact, it was pretty fun globally. ''

- '' You see, not that hard is it ? ''

I smile a little. I think I know where he is going.

- '' Probably not, sorry, I'm just... more...nervous than usual. ''

- '' No problem, anyway, if you have any trouble, don't forget that I'm here. ''

It warms my heart to know that I have his support, I don't know why I wouldn't have it, I guess it's just nice to hear him say it.

Now, the last girls finally arrive at the table, I smile at Twilight who sits to my left. She look at her other friends.

- '' I think you've all met these two ? ''

They all noded, Rainbow and Solace looked at each other grinning, a complicity already got established between these two it seems. Good for him, just looking at her, I can really see why he likes her.

- '' Great, so let's welcome them properly shall we ? ''

She looks at us two, but I think she mostly present herself to Solace, because I already know her.

- '' My name is Twilight Sparkle, I really look foward to learn more about you two. ''

Then it was the pink girl's turn, she said so much in such a short spend of time, I didn't really got all of it, because she talked so fast, but here what I understood from it.

- '' Hello ! My name's Pinkie Pie ! I am the responsible of the party commitee, who consists of me, I and myself ! I am sooo thrilled to meet you both ! I gotta go, I will prepare your Welcome-to-Canterlot-Party ! ''

Just like that she speeded out of the cafeteria, bringing her food with her, leaving me and Solace really confused about what just happened. The blonde farmer coughed to get our attention.

- '' Don't worry about Pinkie, she's always like that, my name's Applejack, nice to meet yah both. Y'all both look alright in my books from what ah can see. ''

We pretty much continue like that, the porcelaine girl's next.

- '' My name is Rarity, if you need any advice concerning fashion, don't hesitate. By the way. ''

She points at my shirt.

- '' I really like yours, it really suits you well. ''

- '' Thanks... I guess ? ''

Solace is smirking at me, teasing me a bit, I feel the heat coming to my head from embarrasement, so I turn my head towards the next one. It was the yellow one with pink hair.

- ''...I'm Fluttershy...''

I nod in understanding, she wasn't one for huge speech, I can understand and respect that. Unfortunately, Solace didn't seemed to get the memo. He made his head closer to her to try to hear her better.

- '' What ? What's your name ''

- '' ...Fluttershy... ''

Before he can ask again, I pull him backward, he looks at me. I just shake my head in disapproval. He understands the meaning and stops, a bit embarrassed. Then we look at Rainbow girl.

- '' My name's Rainbow Dash, the most awesome girl in this Academy, I'm pretty sure Solace can attest that. If you want, I could push you into shape, since you look pretty puny. ''

I won't take offense to that, since it's true, but I'm not really really interested by that. I don't really imagine myself being any more or any less muscular than I am now.

- '' I'll think about it. ''

And really Rainbow Dash ? I know I was calling her Rainbow girl all this time, but I didn't expected it to be in her actual name, it must be one of the most litteral name I have ever seen, Pinkie Pie is pretty high on that list too though.

Finally was the girl with yellow and red hair, it was pretty unique I must say, in the good sense of it. I liked it a lot.

- '' My name's Sunset Shimmer, nice to meet you both of you, you seem like two interesting guys. ''

Great, now that the presentations were done, we started to eat, but there was question that was floating in my head, that piqued my curiosity.

- '' I had a question, it seems like you girls are pretty nice to us both, why ? ''

They look at me surprised, even Solace, who had food in his mouth, looked at me like I was crazy. Twilight, spoke out.

- '' What do you mean by that ? ''

I take a second to place the ideas in my idea correctly.

- '' I mean, most girls in this schools aren't exactly thrilled to have us here, but you all accepted us right away, why is that ? ''

They looked at each other, not exactly certain how to respond to that, I feel bad a bit, but I really need to put my mind to rest on this. If not, I would only think about this all day, so I figured I would get it out of the way. This time, it was Sunset who decided to speak out.

- '' Well, we do have a reason, but it is kinda a long story. Not really sure if you would believe us even if we told you. Maybe someday, but for now, trust us, we do have an actual reason why. For the rest of the school, sorry, most of them knows it's not your fault. I do not think it's personal. I think most of them are mostly scared of change, like everyone, they have grown customed to the school, so they are mostly scared of it changing. ''

I nod, satisfied with answer, I really wonder what their story is, but if they want to keep it to herselves, it's fine. Really, I did not think there would be an actual reason. It makes sense though, most people are afraid of change. They don't really want their confort to be challenged, their routine to be disturbed. I can't blame them, because I'm the same.

So, I guess Solace was right in that sense, if I wanted to be accepted, I would have to make the efforts necessary to do so. To make them as confortable with this situation as possible. Which will be a bit though, since I'm not confortable with all of this to begin with.

I finish my meal and go to the hallway, waiting for the last class of the day. I heard some noises near the billboard to see that a crowd had formed. I try to stay as far from it as possible, but one voice catch my attention.

- '' Students from Canterlot High ! The Great and Powerful Trixie has great news ! Trixie is looking for a Great and Powerful assistant ! ''

Oh cool, a magician, pretty neat. Wait, I think it's the girl from earlier, apparently her name is Trixie. Cool, I actually identify her. Even though, it could just be her stage name. I never was that much of a fan of magicians, but it was interesting to see one student being one.

Suddenly, at my surprise, they all start booing her and start throwing stuff at her, thankfully, it was nothing harmful, mostly trash and paper, but holy gwakamole ! They know it's most certainly only an act right ? Kayfabe must still be a thing for them. No but really, what would they do if they attended a wrestling show, start throwing stuff at the wrestlers ? At the cinema, throw rocks at the screen when the villain appears ?

I don't dare try to do something as I am too stunned by what's happening, Trixie runs off under the wrath of the crowd, that finally calms himself and go their separate ways. I am left standing in the middle of the hallway covered in paper and trash.

- '' What just happened ? ''

I really feel ambivalent about what occured. On one hand, I feel absolutely terrible for Trixie who got so much heat, I don't think anyone deserves that, on the other, I don't really know if I really want to get involved in that. I should probably have to start of by figuring out how she got hated so much. Of course, the 3rd person speaking doesn't help, but it's part of a character, so for me, it doesn't cause that. So there must be another reason for all of this to happen. I'll have to ask the girls later, and probably Trixie herself. I need both sides of the spectrum to make myself a true idea.

Great, first day, and I already feel that I got myself indirectly involved in a conflict. Excellent, start, exactly what I wanted from my first day. There are still time before the final class, so I wander around, still avoiding as much students as possible. I'm taking baby steps, making my first friends here was the most I consider I could do today.

I look at the library, it looks pretty good, a lot of different books and different genre. I'll probably spend a lot of the year here to be honest. Shame that I don't have a lot of time today to explore it.

The final class today was History, it would be a pretty interesting class, except for these three factors, one, the subject was something that I had already mastered years ago, so not really interesting to listen to. Second, I was way too much distracted by the Trixie situation to be able to concentrate. Three, the teacher was boring as a rock, I didn't even bother to learn his name. By the end, I found myself taking notes on anything but the actual class. I thought about the magician probably more than I would have liked. I don,t even know why I feel so concerned, but I do, I have to find a solution to this. I'll ask Solace for some advice tonight when we get back to our room and I'll ask the girls for help tomorrow at lunch.

As the final clock rings, my mind feels in such a mess. I went through so many different emotions today. What ? You don't believe me ? Well I guess I can't blame you, I'm not that expressive, but I guarantee, this is one of my most expressive day. That's why I relate a lot to Fluttershy now that I think about it, even though that she does have this adorable and sweet side that makes her so likeable, that I don't have.

I get out of the class, then sigh of relief. This day was finally over, it wasn't easy. It ended better than how it started that's for sure. Now, I take the direction of my room and I started to mentally plan how I am going to survive the next day, then the rest of the week. Hopefully I can.