• Published 22nd Mar 2018
  • 832 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Girls : Tale of the Silver Pen - nicojaller



Take two guys, put them in a all-girl school, put your fantasies aside. What do you get ? Probably a less dreamy scenario than you'd think.

  • ...
3
 7
 832

Through Solace's Eyes

(Solace's POV)

This school looks pretty dope right now, I mean, the hallways are nice, the girls are pretty and by god, it seems to have so much more budget than my old one. It's such a relief. I mean, I'm not one of these snob kids that only go to these pretty, classy schools, but at least here, the lockers doesn't seem to be falling appart. Yeah, that's how bad it was.

That's why I wake up today in a pretty good mood. I never really expected my application to be expected, I didn't really bother to listen to the explanations, because it was mostly administration mumbo-jumbo, and don't even get me started on the things they ''recommended'' us to read. Outside of the things that talked about sports, I didn't even bother, but I wouldn't even be surprised if Silver read all of this.

I wasn't surprised he was chosen for this, if there was one guy who was willing to go there for another reasons just to see girls, it was him. Myself, athletics was the main reason, the Wondercolts were a pretty famous team, they are of course a female-only team, but they competed in our category, they won every damn year. They kicked our asses every single game. I'll never forget the soccer or football, however you want to call it, where they destroyed us 17-5. Guess who was the one who scored the 5 goals ? Yeah, me baby ! But they all covered me, and my teammates couldn't achieve much, in offence and in defence.

I'm a competitor, losing isn't really my thing. Second of all, the school had nothing. No budget, they barely had enough to have a sports class. That class mostly consisted of fitness and sports that didn't required a lot of equipments.

The second reason, was, like you would expect, the girls. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a player. I'm not the type of guy who will go from one girlfriend to another each week, I had an handfull of relationships in the past, but they lasted at least one month each. I know pretty short, but that happens. But yeah, I say that I'm a loyal type of guy, but I didn't say that I can't appreciate good eye-candy.

The day started off pretty well, I met up with mister Nervous Shaking (AKA Silver Pen), my best pal. You would wonder how this came to be. Let me just say one thing, playing an afternoon length of Mortal Kombat with a dude is a great way to build up a friendship, let me tell you that. There was some good things that came out of that, I helped him build a bit of confidence, okay, I know that doesn't show too much right now, but I swear he improved ! Him, he helps me study. I admit, I do not work that hard in class, but I succeed, that's what is important. Later, I don't want to work in a office, I want to be on a field and play. That is what I need, so you would understand why I don't enjoy classes that much.

We went to the office to get the usual speech, I realize that I'll probably be a bit more cautious than in my usual approach with girls, because I really do not know what they'll account as ''harrasing''. It could be a wink from all I know, but I won't let that little thing distract me, I'll still have fun here.

First class was interesting, I look at the girls, not a single smile in the class, well, except from that one pink girl. This could be a challenge, I like that. No problem, if I have to win them over, I'm ready for it. I sit in one of the free desks, I look around to see Silver in the opposite side, looking like he was having one of the worst days of his life. At this moment, I really want to take him by the shoulders, shake him and screaming for him to cheer up.

I presented myself, I looked up to see some faces changing, most of them was most of indifference, but I know that I still made an impact. I think I can see some small smiles. Yeah, Silver's presentation was like what I expected, really short and sweet. I look around to see the reaction from the audience. Mostly indifference, but oh ! Interesting, there was this blue girl that was besides him that was giving him looks. Ship detected ! I think I have one more thing to had on my bucketlist, making sure that ship sails !

To be honest, I didn't really pay attention to the rest of the class. When the ring sounded the end, I took my stuff and went outside, I waited for Silver to come out. He finally did, while keeping his head low.

I tease him a bit, just to relax him a bit, he looked so tense. He jumped, like if he suddenly remembered something,

- '' Oh, by the way, earlier, I may have found a group we could join to eat with. ''

I look at him, shocked. That's why I like Silver, he always somehow surprises me, he's so shy and all, then somehow comes up with things like that. I high-five him, maybe someday, I'll make him come out of his shell a little more, maybe one day.

He talks about a group featuring a girl with rainbow hair. I say I'll look for them. My next class is sports, so I need to get myself changed. Since there is no real place to change myself, I went back to our room to get changed and hurried to the gymnasium. When I arrive, most of the girls were already there, but for once, it's not them I admire, I take a minute to look around and admire that room. It was at least two or three times bigger than the one in Vanhoover.

It was surely a sight to behold, I mean, there was equipments for a lot of different sports. Some of them, I don't even know what they are ! If this scene was a cartoon, I would have stars in my eyes, litteraly.

Then a loud voice gets me out of my stargazing.

- '' Hey, boy ! Are you to sweat or to admire the scenery ? ''

I shake my head to see the one that I can suppose is the coach, she was yellow, with orange hairwith a yellow streak. She was also wearing sunglasses. Even though I couldn't see her eyes, she looked pissed. I can't help but notice the insistance on the word boy, that she spat with animosity.

- '' Oh, sorry miss ! It will not happen again ! ''

- '' I sure hope so. ''

Like that she turned away, I looked at the group, and oh, what a coincidence. There was a girl with rainbow hair, she must be the one Silver was talking about. Now that I look at her, I recognize her, I don't know her name, but I sure do remember that she was the captain of the soccer team that destroyed us last time.

I approach her, while she is stretching. I present myself to her.

- '' Hey ! My name's Solace Wings ! Do you remember me ? We played against each other in Vanhoover. ''

She looked at me. Her facial expression went in a few seconds from annoyed, to curious to a smirk.

- '' Oh yeah ! You were in that time we absolutely demolished right ? ''

I scratch my head, a bit embarrassed. Yeah, that would be what she all she would remember from that match. I don't know why I expected other things. She saw my embarrasement and smiled.

- '' Don't worry dude, you were still pretty good on the field, 5 goals, it's pretty impressive all things considered. It's just the rest of your team that was pretty..well.. ''

- '' Yeah, I know, they were bad, as a captain, I never like speaking badly of my teammates, but they hardly knew what they were doing and they lacked severly of motivation. You're team and yourself were pretty awesome. ''

- '' Anything I'm in is awesome. ''

- '' You seem like a chill girl, does it bother you if I join you at lunch after this class ? ''

- '' Yeah, at one condition ? ''

I kinda hate when people has conditions, it could be litterally anything in the universe. From the moment she doesn't ask me for a pink elephant or a magical unicorn, I should be fine.

- '' Which is ? ''

- '' I want to test your awesomness, so what do you say that we have a competition ? ''

Oh yeah, that does touch my interest. Since that (in)famous game, I always wanted to see what she was really capable of.

- '' Oh, I like the sound of that, you're ON ! ''

The first challenge was the 100m sprint, she destroyed me, hard. She was most certainly the fastest athlete I have ever met. This wasn't a good start for me. The second one was the long jump, I won that one, barely. Next, she won the high jump.

Unknowingly, a crowd formed around us. I even think some girls started to put bets.

Fourth, the push-ups, for the first time in the challenge, I clearly beated her, she looked annoyed. Fifth, it was the endurance run, 2.4km, she won, but once again pretty barely, she was quicker and took a large advance in the beginning, I was catching up to her by the end, because I had a better cardio, in a longer race, I would have probably won.

By the end, we were both panting, I was drinking water in the bottle that I bringed. I offered some to her, since she didn't seem to have one. She gladly took it and drank from it.

- '' Thanks... I needed that, you're awesome, but still not as awesome as me though. ''

- '' Yeah, but it was fun, by the way, I forgot to ask what's your name. ''

- '' Rainbow Dash, don't forget it. ''

- '' Don't worry, I won't ''

Then the class ended, I had won the right to sit with her at lunch, she guided me to her group of friends, she said that they weren't all there yet, but at the table there was a girl with yellow and red hair nammed Sunset Shimmer, the pink girl from earlier whose named is apparently Pinkie Pie, fitting. There was also a blonde girl, a farmer I'll guess from her clothes, she's named Applejack.

I started eating when from the corners of my eye I saw Silver entering the cafeteria, he looked a bit confused and lost. I watch him getting his food, he starts looking around, looking for us I guess. I could make a sign to help him, but I won't, watching a confused Silved makes for great entertainement, I know, I'm a great friend.

I see him looking in another direction, he's staring at the same blue girl for earlier, for a bit too long. Yes, called it. The first flag has been planted, I don't think I will have to do much. The only thing is to spread the seads and make them grow.

He finally notices us and makes his way over here, he sits next to me, I smile at him.

- '' You seemed to have survived by yourself, how was that class ? ''

- '' It was fine, how was yours ? ''

I just think about the events that occured in the past hour.

- '' Tiring, but cool ''

- '' Wait, tired ? You, tired ? Now that is a story I want to hear. ''

I point at Rainbow, who was laughing.

- '' Well, since we're still waiting for everyone to arrive, I may as well tell what happened. ''