• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 706 Views, 11 Comments

Death's Final Verdict - Jaycren



The Court has brought down its final verdict. All will be decided and all will be resolved,

  • ...
2
 11
 706

A short Recess

Sunset and Trixie sat across from each other inside the Crystal Castle. A book in front of each of them.

"Hey Sunset?"

"Yes Trixie?"

"Why was Trixie required for the summoning. Trixie means, Starlight was a better friend to Sparkle then Trixie ever was. At best we might have been freindly rivals. Trixie was always more Starlight's friend then anything else. And what was that line about Trixie being the Lulamoon?"

"I am not sure Trixie, what brought this on?"

"Well we have been going through all that Sparkle's Library has in order to find a reference to the Nightshade, Right?"

"Correct, that is what Princess Luna Asked of us correct."

"And all we have found is that the Nightshade became monsters after Luna became Nightmare Moon, but all that explains is what happened to those nightshade of purest blood, the ones that where of half blood and lower might have become tainted, but they definitely would not have fallen farther then that. What happened to them? Not a reference. Sparkle has all that the Canterlot library had and more, but we find nothing. No family of ponies, no matter how powerful, can do that. To pull that kind of trick off you would need to be able to account for everypony and every being anywhere at all times, which would honestly be truly the most ineeficient way of doing things ever. If one thing can be learned from our experience with Onyx is that he doesn't waste anything, Remember he said 'I am used to fighting above my weight class.' Can't do that if you waste energy, or the fact that he easily used a cold reading to buy himself time to both gather information on us as well as a way that he could break free from the circle. Yeah, Trixie doesn't see inefficiency being in that stallions vocabulary, except as an insult."

"Wow I never thought of that Trixie, I wonder why I didn't?"

"The same reason Sparkle, Starlight, and The Princesses don't, because they have so much power they never have to worry about it, and never did. For those that do, they become experts at energy conservation."

"So, if you where running this search how would you do it."

"Trixie would look at the two outliers, me and you."

"I get you, Trixie, but why am I an outlier."

"Because, you have more of a connection to the world beyond the mirror, the connection of the ones here to Sparkle was less skewed in their favor over you then me, but it still was a bigger margin. Lots more ponies and beings fit the criterea. Besides he refered to you as Sunset of House Shimmer, and me as Trixie The Lulamoon. Knowledge he could not have had. He knew Spikes and Princess Luna's name as well. You can not get those from a cold reading. But we are the two he knew the most about without being told. I said Friend, The Lulamoon. I never said my name. You said one who traveled for and teacher. You neither mentioned your name, nor a connection to Celestia. Still he acted on information he could not have had. Then after the rebuking he made those other claims. We all thought to confuse and disorder us and it was, but maybe he had another reason too. Maybe he wanted us to be on the right track."

"Okay but why? The more we know about the Nightshade the more we know about him. The more we can find out what he is up to."

"Sunset, you ever play Three Card Pony?"

Sunset scratched the back of her head for a moment, a blush upon her face. "Yeah I admit that I used that scam to make a few bits over the years."

"Trixie new you where a bad girl, but what if that was going on? He sends us after our 'lady,' using misdirection and places us exactly where we are wanted and needed. Giving us just enough info to lead us where he wants, when the real trick is happening somewhere else. So the only info that we can trust at this point is what he said in that room," Trixie's eyes became pinpricks as she finished the thought, "a room we never saw him leave......"

Both Sunset and Trixie rose as the two unicorns realized. "He Never left the room!" they shouted to each other.

"We didn't even scry it to check! We saw the open door and assumed he had left. Dear Celestia with the shadows in that room there was many place to hide!" Sunset turned to leave but Trixie grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Sunset we have to change our search, We need to check what he said and we are already in the place to do that, the exact place to do that! I think Spike was right, Onyx Nightshade is not a threat, he never was. The real threat is what the questions he introduced mean. Why don't the Nightshade exist, What happened to the remnants, and what is our connection to Luna, Celestia and the Nightshade, respectively."

Sunset paused and then looked deeper in the library. "Trixie, I know where we can find the answers to all of that."

Sunset took a deep shuddering breath. "We need to get to Twilight's personal Library."

Trixie's eyes became downcast, "We haven't gone in there since you arrived through the portal. It hurt to much."

"I know but that is where we will find everything we could possibly need. Twilight was a dedicated student and had a deep love of family, she researched all the noble lines, even Celestia's and Luna's, for fun. If any place has the answers we need it's there"

The two mares, moved deeper into the library, but, unseen a spiked, thin shape followed them. Soon all three had vanished, all on quests of their own, all looking for answers to the questions they held near their hearts.

Author's Note:

Anyone wonder where these two girls went? Hahahahahahahaha