• Published 19th Mar 2018
  • 2,879 Views, 16 Comments

Friendship is the Future! - Fear Ripper



The boundaries between the Earth and the worlds parallel will be shaken when the Great Fiend, Yamigedo revives to devour them all. Their only hope is if our heroes and the buddies find the Omni-lords to defeat it. Get Ready for, Buddyfight!

  • ...
2
 16
 2,879

Twilight's Magical Fight!

*Yawn!*

“Tired already Twilight? I thought you would be more excited about another day of school.”

It was the morning after Brave had told Twilight about his and the general's mission. She was just idly walking to school, albeit a little tired, along with Asmodai’s card in her shirt pocket.

“I’m only like this because you woke me up early with a good morning rap!” She whispered harshly, so no one would suspect her of talking to herself.

“It’s healthy to get up early in the morning! To get yourself ready for school where there are friends to be scoring!” Asmodai rapped.

Twilight sighed irritated. “Remind me why I let you stay with me?” When she gets to school, she sees Pinkie standing in the entryway. ‘Oh no, it’s Pinkie! Yesterday was so tiring because of her.’ She thought.

“Hey, hey! It’s the cheery girl from yesterday! Go on Twi, talk to her! You said you would try to make some friends today.” Asmodai encouraged.

“Yeah, but it’s too early to be so worn out because of her, and you’re wake up call didn’t help. Maybe I can sneak by her.” She whispered to Asmodai.

Pinkie was looking around and almost turn towards Twilights general direction. Twilight began to panic until…

“Pinkie!” Brave’s voice called out, catching the pink haired girls attention. The Heartful Fighter waved at her, not noticing Twilight either.

“Brave!” Pinkie cheered as she ran up to him.

‘Now’s my chance!’ She runs to find somewhere to hide but almost runs into another girl. It was the blonde girl with the cowboy hat from the other day. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you there.”

But the blonde cowgirl didn’t respond.

‘Hm? Maybe she didn’t hear me.’ Twilight thought.

“C’mon Twi. Now’s your chance! Just say hi!” Asmodai cheered.

“Um… Hi! My name’s Twilight and I…”

“I don’t care.” Was all the cowgirl said before she walked off.

“Dang, that’s a cold cowgirl.”

“What’s wrong with her? Who is she anyway?”

“Her name is Applejack. She just moved here last month. Truth is, nobody knows why she’s so serious all the time.” Pinkie said, suddenly appearing on Twilight’s right side.

“Ah, so that’s her name,” Brave spoke from her left.

“Gahhh! Where did you guys come from!?” Twilight shouted in surprise.

“We were waiting for you by the entryway,” Brave answered.

“You’re so silly! We were waiting right there and you didn’t even see us! Hahaha!” The pink haired girl laughed.

“Yeah, ha-ha-ha,” Twilight said awkwardly as the school bell rang.

“Oop! There’s the warning bell, we better get to class.” Brave and co. walked to their classes.

(After School)

The school day went by like it normally does, with Twilight studying intently and Pinkie and Brave falling asleep in class. After classes ended Pinkie wanted to walk home together. Brave wholeheartedly agreed while Twilight was a bit reluctant

The sun was setting as the trio continued their casual walk

“You sure you don’t want any, Twilight?” Pinkie asked, sucking on a lollipop.

“Now I know why you’re so hyperactive.” Twilight sighed.

“They’re pretty good,” Brave commented with a sucker of his own.

After another moment of silence between the group, Pinkie suddenly spoke up.

“Hey, guys? Do I… bother you?”

Brave and Twilight looked at her curiously.

“What do you mean?” Twilight voiced their mutual question.

“For as long as I can remember, others don’t like to be around me very much. They say it’s because of my personality.”

“Really? I would have thought you had lots of friends.” Twilight said. “But if you know they don’t like it then why don’t you, you know, change it?”

“Because it’s my nature. I don’t want to change who I am just to please people. I want to make them smile as me, not someone I’m pretending to be. Especially my friends.”

At that moment, Twilight remembered what Asmodai said to her. ‘you shouldn’t reject someone who actually wants to be your friend. Especially when all they want to do is make you smile.

“You don’t bother me Pinkie. I’ve just never been very sociable. It’s hard for me to be around others. It’s not your fault.” Twilight reassured.

“Totally!” Brave interjected. “They don’t know what they’re missing. You’re just a girl with a heart full of fun and laughter. One that I’m proud to call my friend.”

Pinkie looked at the both of them with teary eyes and a quivering smile. Suddenly, she jumped up to both of them and brought them into a group hug.

“Awwee! You guys are the best ever!” Pinkie cheered. “Hey, Twilight? Can I sleep over at your place tonight? There’s something super important I need yours and Brave’s help with!”

“Um… Okay, Pinkie. That sounds like a great idea.” Twilight agreed.

“Yay! I knew you’d like it!”

Brave laughed. “Well, I’m a guy so I’m gonna have to pass.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll skype.”

Suddenly…

“Well, looky here. The Heartful Fighter and his posse.” Skid Mark suddenly spoke from behind the trio.

“Hey, I know you. You’re one of Steel Club’s friends.” Brave recognized him.

“Used to be. After he met you he went soft and dropped us. Then Deviant said it wasn’t worth it without the boss, now I’m all alone again! It’s all your fault, and I’m here to make sure you pay!” Skid Mark yelled as his right fist started to glow.

“Watch out!” Thinking fast Brave pushed Pinkie and Twilight out of the way before Skid Mark threw his fist forward towards him. Shooting a pulse of green energy at Brave. The impact of the attack made Brave fly back and smack into a nearby light post.

“Brave!” Twilight and Pinkie rushed to his side. “Are you okay?” Twilight asked.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. Gah!” Brave clutched his right arm in pain.

“Hahaha! I thought you were stronger than this. Consider it payback for yesterday.” Skid Mark’s attention turned to Twilight. “You’re next little girl.” He walked towards them slowly.

“Stop!” Pinkie stood between them and Skid Mark. “I don’t really know what’s going on, but please stop hurting them! Can’t we just talk about this?”

“Stay out of this pink! This is between me and them!” Skid Mark threw another pulse of energy towards Pinkie, which threw her back. She would have roughly landed on the concrete if Brave wasn’t there to catch her with his one good arm. “I’ll just finish you all right now! You can watch as your useless friends disappear!” He said to Twilight before he began to channel a lot more energy around his hand for one final blast.

‘No… Pinkie, Brave, they’re the only ones who approached me. The only ones who talked to me!’ She then threw herself into a defensive stance in front of her fallen friends. “I won’t let you harm my friends! No matter what!”

“That’s the spirit Twilight!”

Skit Mark fired his orb of energy, only to be deflected into the sky by none other than Asmodai.

“Hey, now bro, fighting in the open like this is gonna disturb the neighbors. Why don’t we take this to the ring?” Asmodai looked back at Brave. “Hey Brave, I’m gonna borrow this for a bit. Hope you don’t mind.” Asmodai revealed the Proto-barrier generator in his hands before he threw it up into the sky. Covering the area with bright green energy.

(Break)

The Trio, Demon Lord, and Skid Mark found themselves at the Proto-arena they were in when Brave fought Steel Club.

“Where are we?” Pinkie said surprised.

“We’re in the Proto-arena. We’ll explain everything later Pinkie.” Brave attempted to rise to his feet. “Right now, it’s time to buddyfight!”

“Hold up there dude.” Asmodai halted his actions. “You’re in no condition to fight.”

“We don’t have a choice. I’m the only one here who can buddyfight.”

“Not true.” Asmodai placed his hand on Twilights shoulder. “We’ll take over this one.”

“What!?” Both Twilight and Brave shouted, with Pinkie just watching confused and sucking on another lollipop from who knows where.

“Asmodai, she can’t fight! She doesn’t have a Core Deck case or even a buddy!” Brave argued.

“Well, I know for a fact you’re always carrying around the extra Core Deck Cases for when the rest of us find out buddies. As for a buddy monster, she already has one right here!” Asmodai referred to himself.

“Y-you want to be my buddy?” Twilight asked.

“Of course! Twilight, from the short time I’ve gotten to know you I am one hundred percent sure that you are my buddy. You may not have a lot of practice, but you have a lot of strength to protect your friends the way you did. Sure you're a bit unsociable and introverted, but I guess I’ll be a real demon lord and be a bad influence to teach you how to let loose!” Asmodai cackled.

Brave hesitated, before reaching into his school bag and taking out a gray Core Deck Case.

“Twilight, I know I accidentally got you involved in this, but if Asmodai is sure about you being his buddy then I can’t deny him that. From our practice fights, I know that you have the skill and strength to fight.” He presented her with the case. “Will you join our mission?”

Twilight looked longingly at the case, before taking out her own deck of cards. She turned towards Asmodai, who gave her a thumbs up. Then to Brave and Pinkie, the former smiling confidently at her and the latter copying the demon lord.

“Yes.” She agreed firmly. She grabbed the Core Deck Case and placed her deck in the slot. In an instant, the gray metal turned into a lavender shade.

“Register User: Twilight Sparkle! Recognized!”

“Hey!” Skid Mark suddenly yelled from the other side of the arena. “Stop ignoring me and let’s get this fight on the road already!”

“Hold your horse's bub, we’re coming! But first…” Asmodai waved his hand over Brave and Pinkie. Then in an instant, both of them disappeared in a flash of magic.

(Break)

Brave and Pinkie reappeared in a room with the same white hexagonal pattern as the Proto-arena.

There were sofas lined up with a large monitor on the wall that showed the arena with Twilight and Skid Mark were standing in. Along with a table with control panned in the center.

“Hm? Where are we now?” Pinkie asked.

“We’re in the pit. It’s a room for spectators can see the fight without being in the way. We can also talk to Twilight from here.” Brave explained. He started pressing buttons on the control panel. “Twilight, can you hear us?”

(Break)

Besides Twilight, a holographic screen popped up with an image of Brave on it.

“Brave? Where did you two go?” She asked.

“I’ll explain later. Right now you have a buddyfight to worry about. I’ll do whatever I can from here to support you.” Suddenly Pinkie leaned into frame waving at her.

“Good luck Twilight! Beat that meanie!” Pinkie cheered.

“I’ll do my best.” With that, the screen disappeared. She looked up at Asmodai, “Are you sure I’m ready for this?” He asked with uncertainty.

“Don’t worry, with the deck you and Brave built last night, we’ll beat this guy faster than I can rap.” The demon lord joked.

“You finally ready?” Skid Mark asked impatiently. “Then let’s get started! Ravenous fiends walking a wicked path! Witness their awesome power! Luminize! Hundred Legend!” He announced as his Core Deck Case turned into the same gauntlet gadget as Steel Club.

“Okay. The first fight, you can do this Twilight.” She spoke to herself before lifting her case. “Infinite knowledge and magic! And the devils that rule over it all! Lumanize!” Her Core Deck Case transformed into a metallic lavender book, where the blue jewel rested on the spine. “Magical Grimoire!”

“It’s time to raise the flags!” Twilight and Skid Mark announced.

“I fight for Magic World!” Twilight rose her flag.

“I’m with Legend World!” Skid Mark did as well. “I’ll take the first move.

Turn 1: Twilight
[Twilight: LP-10 G-2]
[Skidmark: LP- 10 G-2]

“I’ll take the first move. Charge and Draw!” Twilight looked over her cards choosing one. “I’ll start by calling Fallen Angel of Rage, Beleth to the center!” On command, a magic circle appeared in the center pedestal before a muscular man with brown bird wings on his back appeared wearing red and gold roman warrior armor. In his arms were a tall spear and shield combination.

“Beleth! Attack the fighter!” Twilight ordered.

“Feel my wrath!” Beleth yelled before he flew from his position towards Skidmark. With one swing of his spear, Beleth decreased Skidmark’s life points from 10 to 7.

“That’s the end of my turn.”

“End of Move!”

(Break)

“Yeah! Go Twilight!” Pinkie cheered.

“Let’s not celebrate too early Pinkie. In a Buddyfight, anything can happen.” Brave said, keeping a critical eye on the battle. “I just hope Twilight can utilize the deck the way we intended.”

(Break)

“Your Move!” It was now Skidmark’s turn.

Turn 2: Skidmark
[Twilight: LP-10 G-2]
[Skidmark: LP- 7 G-2]

“Draw! Charge and draw! I cast! Light Horn of the False Deity. By discarding one card in my hand, I can destroy one monster on your field and I choose Beleth!” Skidmark’s card turned into an orb of light, which shot towards Beleth. The attack connected, destroying Beleth and leaving the center open. “Now I buddy call! Bronze Giant, Talos to the center!”

In Skidmark’s center appeared a very large, humanoid monster with green skin, pieces of golden armor as well as a helmet, and a large red cape.

“With buddy gift, I gain one life point!” His Life Points raise to 8. “Now Talos, attack the fighter!” Talos followed through with the order and delivered a strong punch to Twilight, which caused her to fall to her knees and reducing her life points to 7.

“End of Move!”

“Your Move!”

Turn 3: Twilight
[Twilight: LP-7 G-3]
[Skidmark: LP- 8 G-3]

“C’mon Twilight. You got this girl!” Asmodai encouraged.

Twilight got back to her feet. “Right! Draw! Charge and Draw!” She saw the card she drew and smirked. “I pay one gauge and set Solomon Great Barrier!” Her card turned into an orb with the image of the card in it and hovered next to her.

(Break)

“Nice move Twilight!” This time Brave was the one cheering.

“Hm? Why’s that Brave?” Pinkie asked confused.

“Solomon’s Great Barrier is a set spell, which is a spell that stays in the field after it’s used. Now that it’s here, all of Twilight’s monsters with the 72 Pillars attribute that are size 2 now become size one,” he answered.

(Break)

“Next I’ll buddy call Demon Lord, Asmodai to the center!” Twilight called.

“It’s my time to shine!” Asmodai jumped from his position behind her to the center. “And with buddy gift, she gets one life point back.” In turn, her life points raise to 8.

“Plus, by discarding one card when Asmodai is called, I can destroy one of you’re monsters!” Twilight did so.

Asmodai disappeared in an instant, only to reappear behind Talos. “Dangerous Backdrop!” Asmodai grabbed Talos in a wrestling hold and threw him to the ground, destroying him.

“Now I call Dance Asmodai to the right!”

True to her word another Asmodai appeared in the right position, but this one was dressed in a black and red latin dancers outfit.

“Dance is my life. Hang with me and you’ll see homie get his groove on, cause when I’m called Twilight gets to draw one card!” He said in a mock dancers voice. Then another card came out of Twilights Core Gadget and added itself to her hand.

“Then I’ll call Let’s Play Asmodai to the left!”

Yet another Asmodai enters the left position, but this one was dressed the same only decked out with equipment from multiple sports.


“When we bust a move playing a sport, our hearts pump and give us energy! When I’m called to the field, Twilight gains another life point!” This on spoke in a more masculine, sporty voice as Twilight’s Life Points rise to 9.

(Break)

“Wow! So many Asmodai’s! Twilight must really like playing with her buddy.” Pinkie said in surprise.

“Well, that’s the way we intended it. Twilight’s deck mostly consists of the 72 Pillar monsters as well as Asmodai and his different counterparts.” Brave explained.

(Break)

“Now, I think I’ll have Dance Asmodai attack!” Twilight ordered.

“Ready to get dipped by a demon?” Dance Asmodai started twirling around. He spun faster and faster, flying towards Skidmark delivering a harsh tornado kick.

“Gah!” Skidmark’s life falls to 6 with Dance Asmodai’s Critical of 2.

“Next up is an attack by Let’s Play Asmodai!”

“It’s a hit and a slam!” Let’s Play Asmoday attacks with a baseball bat, doing one damage.

“Finally, Demon Lord Asmodai’s attack!”

“Leave it up to me Twilight!” The Original Asmodai runs up and plants both his feet on Skidmark’s stomach. “Demon Drop Kick!”

“End of Move!”

(Break)

“That’s right Twilight! Light him up!” Pinkie cheered, waving pom-pom’s that she got from, who-knows-where.

“It was an aggressive series of attacks, let’s just hope that Twilight can keep it up,” Brave responded.

(Break)

“Your Move!”

Turn 4: Skim Mark
[Twilight: LP-9 G-2]
[Skidmark: LP- 4 G-3]

“That was pretty good girly, but here’s where I get serious!” Skidmark Growled. “Draw! Charge and draw! First I pay 1 gauge and equip Rune Staff!” A silver staff materialized in his hands. “Next I’ll pay 3 gauge and discard one hand card to activate Great Spell, Thunder of Zeus to destroy all your monsters with 4000 or less defense as well as deal you two damage! Thanks to Rune Staff, I don’t have to pay one life when I cast a Great Spell.”

The spell card flew out of his hands into the air, which then turned into three bolts of lightning. To which struck all three Asmodai’s.

“Gah! Celestial forces are something that demons shouldn’t be messing with Twi!” Asmodai cried as he and his counterparts were destroyed.

“No, Asmodai! Gah!” Twilight shouted as she was then struck by the fourth bolt of lightning reducing her Life Points to 7.

“I call Divine Stallion, Pegasus, and Moon Celestial Selene to the left and right!” Skidmark ordered. On the right appeared a white pegasus wearing regal, golden armor. Then on the left was a female monster with long sky blue hair, wearing a regal white dress with frills of multiple colors. A crescent moon mask was upon her face, and in her hands was a silver bow.


“And I call Bronze Giant, Talos to the center!” Talos returned to the Center position. “Now, Selene and Pegasus attack!”

Pegasus charged forward and headbutted Twilight while Selene shot an arrow of light from her bow. The two attacks knocked Twilight’s life points down to 3.

“Talos! Finish her off!” Talos went in for the finishing blow.

“I cast! Solomon’s shield!” Twilight cast her spell, and a golden shield of energy interrupted Talos’s attack.

“End of Move!”

(Break)

“Whew, that was a close one.” Pinkie wiped the sweat off her brow. “If Talos’s attack hit with his critical of 3 that would have made Twilight lose.”

Brave looked at the pink haired partier in surprise. “You already know how the game works?”

“I was picking it up as the fight went on.” She gave him a thumbs up and a smile.

He only shrugged and returned his attention to the fight. “But Twilight is in a tough situation. Skidmark has a full field with Talos in the center. Magic World is known for its spells and not it’s power, so there aren’t many monsters that can beat Talos’s 6000 defense.”

(Break)

“Your move!”

Turn 5: Twilight
[Twilight: LP-3 G-2]
[Skidmark: LP- 4 G-0]

“You got lucky there girly. But next turn you're done! Then your boyfriend and the pink haired friend are next.” Skidmark threatened.

“Why are you doing this? I know it’s not just the Demon inside of you making you, so why attack me and my friends?” Twilight asked.

“It’s because after that little scene with you and ‘The Heartful Fighter’ they cut me loose! Steel said he needed to go straight and Deviant went along with him. The three of us were always together, sure we were thugs but it was how we met and how it was always supposed to be! Then they just dropped it all like yesterdays trash, with me along with it.” Skidmark shook in anger as the dark energy around him began to blaze harder.

“Those two were all I had, and now they don’t want anything to do with me. Because of him!” He referred to Brave.

“You can’t really believe that can you?” Twilight retorted. “Just because they didn’t want to be street thugs anymore, it didn’t mean they wanted to stop being friends with you. Did you ever think that you could have been with them even if you weren’t playing thugs?”

“That was our way of life for as long as we’ve been friends. Don’t lecture me, it's not like you know what its like to not have any!”

“Yes, I do!” Twilight shouted. “For as long as I can remember, I haven’t been the same anti-social girl I’ve always been. I only ever had my family to talk to. Just until recently I was enjoying it, but now…” She closed her eyes, thinking of Brave, Asmodai, and Pinkie. “Now I can’t imagine what it would be like without them.”

(Break)

Pinkie shed a tear while bringing Brave into a one-armed hug.

“Awe, she does love us!” Pinkie cheered, to which Brave only smiled in response.

(Break)

From the void fo the Dropzone, Asmodai looked up at an orb that showed the fight as it was going on. A sincere smile crept its way to his lips.

“Same Twi.” He spoke to himself.

(Break)

“If they really are your friends, then it’s not too late to reconnect with them. A single heart to heart can change everything, and I’ll prove it by winning! Draw! Charge and Draw!” Twilight drew her cards, but one caught her eye making her smile. “I pay one gauge and cast Bye Bye Later! I can any size 2 or lower monster from the field into the gauge, and I choose Talos in the center!”

Talos was forcefully pulled from the center into Skidmark’s gauge.

“You increased my gauge? What are you helping me for?” He asked suspiciously.

“I’m not helping, I just needed him out of the way. And now…” Twilight then rose one card in the air, which shined brighter than the rest.

“Final Phase!”

(Break)

“Yes! She called it!” Brave shouted excitedly. “It’s time for Twilight’s Impact!”

(Break)

“Impact!” Twilight called as her entire hand disappeared and was replaced with 5 new cards. “I can reveal 5 cards from the top of my deck, and deal you one damage plus the number of cards revealed to have the name “Asmodai” in its title.” The cards revealed themselves in order. “Chillax! Let’s Play Asmodai! Key of Solomon, Second volume! Dance Asmodai! And Finally Demon Lord Asmodai! I count three Asmodai’s, Which means four damage is done directly to you!”

Suddenly, Asmodai returned to the field with a sly grin on his face. “I’m back!” The three Asmodai cards in Twilight’s hand flew into Asmodai, which caused Asmodai to exert a blazing aura of energy! “It’s time for my impact move, which goes a little something like this!”

Like before, Asmodai disappeared and reappeared behind Skidmark as well as his monsters.

“Asmodai Eternal Rolling Back-Drop!” He threw all of them do the ground. Destroying all his monsters, as well as decreasing his life points to 0.

The flag of Legend world was destroyed, and the space around everyone began to glow brightly and enveloped them.

(Break)

They all found themselves back in the real world, with Skidmark on the ground with a broken core gadget and scattered cards.

Twilight sighed in relief. “That was more difficult than I thought it would be.”

“Twilight!” Pinkie suddenly wrapped Twilight in a tight hug. “You won! That was one of the greatest things ever!”

“That was a great fight Twilight.” Brave praised. “Looks like that deck we built works great.”

“Definitely, even with the circumstances, that was really fun!” Twilight smiled.

They paused their celebration when Skidmark stirred awake. He looked up to see the group looking at him cautiously.

“I… I’m sorry,” Skidmark said regretfully. “I was so angry, and it let that monster control me. But that doesn’t excuse what I did, or what I tried to do.”

Silently, Twilight walked up to him. Pinkie tried to stop her but was stopped by Brave. She looked at him confused, but Brave only nodded. She got the message.

Twilight stood in front of Skidmark who looked down in shame before she offered her hand. “No harm was done, it’s alright.”

Skidmark looks at her surprised. “But, I-.”

“I know, but a certain thick-headed ‘Heartful Fighter’ told me. Everyone deserves a second chance. Just like I know you’re friends will give you one.” She joked.

Skidmark hesitated, before accepting the hand up. “Thanks. Sorry, but I got some work to do.” He said abruptly before running off.

“Sooooo…” Pinkie interrupted. “Is anybody going to tell me what just happened?”

“Gah! We forgot Pinkie doesn’t know!” Twilight panicked.

“Darn it, we really need to get better about keeping this a secret.” Brave facepalmed, only with his injured arm. “Ow!”

“Oh no! Are you okay?” Pinkie asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m alright. It’s just a sprain.” Brave replied nervously before Twilight softly grabbed his arm. “Ow!”

“That’s a pretty serious sprain,” Twilight said flatly and grabbed his good arm. “Come on, we’ll patch you up at my house. You come to, Pinkie!”

“Okie Dokie!”

(Break)

(Somewhere Unknown)

In a very dark place, where you can barely register seeing anything. The only source of light was an orb that showed Twilight and Skidmark’s buddyfight. Sitting in front of the orb was a shadowy figure, that appeared to be eating a club of roasted meat.

“So, he’s finally making his move. Good. Soon the Omni-lords will appear, and we can finally quench our hunger. Isn’t that right, Yamigedo?” The figure spoke, as six glowing red eyes appeared behind him.


“Welcome to Brave and Twilight’s, Buddyfight Corner!” Twilight and Brave stood in a classroom setting with a monitor behind them.

“Where we will be teaching you all you need to know about the world of buddyfight!” Twilight announced.

"Today we'll be breaking down Twilight's new buddy, Demon Lord Asmodai."

"He's a size 1 monster from Magic World. His power is 5000, defense 1000, and a critical of 1."

"By discarding one hand card, Asmodai can destroy one monster on the field from either side."

"When you get past his constand rapping and dancing, he's a pretty cool buddy!

Twilight winked at the camera, holding up a booster pack of Buddyfight cards, along with Brave who stood beside her holding his Core Deck Case.

“That’s all for now class.”

“Can you open a Buddy Rare card?”