• Published 19th Mar 2018
  • 3,988 Views, 80 Comments

The New Dawn of the Setting Sun - The Crazed Werewolf



Sunset Shimmer rediscovers the family she already has. Can she protect those she loves from the Demon that once lived inside her tormented soul?

  • ...
3
 80
 3,988

Chapter 7: Seeds

Nobody said anything to Scootaloo about the fact that she lived with the She-demon. At least, not to her face. She could hear the whispered accusations, and the snickering behind her back. She could feel the hateful glares her fellow students gave her when she wasn't looking. It was like they blamed her for what had happened to Hoops. Both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had tried to convince that she was imagining all of it. But they hadn't read the anonymous emails she had received, the ones that compared her to Sunset. That very afternoon, when she had gone to retrieve her books from her locker after lunch, she had found a crude drawing of her riding her scooter, only she had a demonic look in the drawing. Scootaloo had thrown the picture away before storming off. She had wandered the halls of CHS aimlessly until she realized that she was late for class.

When she arrived at her class, she apologized to Mr. Doodle for being late, and took her seat in the back of the classroom. She could hear everyone's snickering. She could feel Diamond Tiara glaring at her.

Scootaloo wasn't sure how she had made through class, but as she was packing up to head to her next class, she overheard Diamond Tiara talking to her friend Silver Spoon, and anybody else who would listen.

"I mean," Diamond Tiara was saying, "if I lived with a known demon, I would perform an exorcism, unless she is afraid that she would be exorcised as well."

This caused Silver Spoon and several others to laugh out loud. Scootaloo shouldered her way past the group, hoping that no one could see the tears streaming down her face. Unfortunately, somebody did notice.

"Awe," Silver Spoon teased, "is the mini-demon crying?"

That was the last straw, Scootaloo dropped her backpack and took off running down the hall, shoving other students out of her way. As she ran, Scootaloo didn't have a destination in mind, she just wanted to get away. Eventually, Scootaloo found herself in an empty and neglected classroom full of old desks. Quietly, Scootaloo sank down to her knees and wept.

"I'm not a demon!" Scootaloo cried into her arms.

Unknown to her, she had been followed.

*****

At first Celestia wasn't concerned when Scootaloo was reported absent to one of her afternoon classes, punctuality had never been the girls strong suit. But when both of her last two classes both reported Scootaloo absent, Celestia was worried. Punctuality may not of been Scootaloo's thing, but she had never skipped class before. When Celestia tried calling her youngest daughters cellphone, only rang before going to voice mail. Stepping out of her office, she saw that Luna had already left for the day. Then she heard the voices of Sunset and her friends in the hall. Celestia looked and saw the six girls, plus Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Twist.

"Girls," Celestia asked worriedly after getting their attention, "have any of you seen Scootaloo after lunch today?"

Almost all of them either shook their heads no, or said that they hadn't.

"Mith Thlethtia," Twist said raising her hand, " I thaw her run out of Mithter Doodle'th math cloth. I tried to catch her and thee what wath the matter but thee watch to fatht."

"Thank you Twist," Celestia said putting a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder, "did you happen to see where the went?"

"No," Twist said as she shook her head, "thee didn't look like thee knew where thee wath going. Thee kept puthing other kidth out of her way."

Sunset pulled out her phone and dialed a number. They heard ringing come from a nearby locker.

"That's Scootaloo's locker," Sweetie Belle confirmed, "it's right next to mine."

"Well, that didn't work." Sunset said as she hung up her phone.

"I already tried that Sunset," Celestia said, the tones of worry starting to creep back into her voice.

"Let's search the school," Rainbow said, "hopefully my little buddy is nearby."

Her friends nodded. Celestia looked like she was on the verge of a panic attack.

"Sunset, darling, why don't you stay here and do what you can for Principal Celestia." Rarity said. Sunset nodded and led Celestia to one of the plush chairs in the office waiting room.

"There, there, mom," Sunset said comfortingly, "they'll find her."

Celestia silently nodded. She hoped that Scootaloo was ok.

*****

Scootaloo didn't hear the door open. She nearly screamed when she felt a hand on her back. Looking up she saw Trixie kneeling down next to her.

"Trixie?" Scootaloo said startled.

"Are you alright Scootaloo?" Trixie asked, "why are you upset?"

"Upset," Scootaloo said, "what makes you think I'm upset?"

"Um, I followed you here," Trixie said, "and when I came by after school you were still sitting hear crying."

Scootaloo looked at her cousin, sure Trixie could be arrogant and self centered, but she always did care for her family.

"People are calling me a she-demon because I live with Sunset." Scootaloo answered.

Trixie looked at Scootaloo before smiling.

"Scoots, you aren't a she-demon," Trixie said, "you may have a temper, but look at who your dad is so.."

Scootaloo laughed.

"Look what I am saying," Trixie continued, "is that you are different from Sunset. You two aren't the same person, and you definitely don't need to live in her shadow.

"Thanks Trixie," Scootaloo said, "you really are great and powerful."

"Don't you forget it," Trixie said with a grin, "now I'm sure that your mom is worried about you."

*****

"UGH! We've looked everywhere," Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Everywhere except the north wing," Rarity said, "but aren't those old classrooms only used for storage nowadays."

"Lets head back ta Celestia and Sunset," Apple Jack said, "we'll need the keys of we are ta search the north wing."

As the girls approached the office, they noticed Trixie and Scootaloo approaching from the opposite direction.

"Scootaloo!" they all cried out when they saw her, causing both Sunset and Celestia to come out of the office. Nobody said a word as Celestia knelt down and embraced Scootaloo.

Author's Note:

I felt that this chapter had to happen. Plus there are more characters then just Sunset involved, we should get to know their motivations for events to come